Atlantis Online
November 29, 2021, 03:17:59 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Giant crater may lie under Antarctic ice
http://space.newscientist.com/article/dn9268

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Libya - a part of Atlantis? - Ulf Richter

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Libya - a part of Atlantis? - Ulf Richter  (Read 2011 times)
Aatlae

« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2008, 11:14:57 pm »

Ulf Richter

Member # 1190

Member Rated:
   posted 09-15-2004 07:55 AM                   
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
atalante,
Certainly it could be useful to look at any mention of the Libyans in Egyptian texts, if they could have to do with Atlantis. On the other hand, not necessarily must the Libyans always have been allied with the Atlanteans; from Plato´s text we know it only for the time of the war.

The Berbers are often described as descendants of the old Libyans, and the so called Tifinag alphabet of the Touaregs, a surviving Berber tribe, might well have had its roots in the alphabet of Atlantis.

Just two months ago a book was edited in Germany, which is locating Atlantis itself near the lake Tritonis in Algeria.

Ulrich Hofmann: Platons Insel Atlantis, 264 pages, edited by Books on Demand, 2004

In the book is no hint to an english website, but I remember that there existed a website with the same location.
I will read the book in the next weeks to find out if something interesting is to be found there for our topic.

Unfortunately I have no time now for further discussion, because I leave my home for about 4 weeks.

Greetings from Ulf

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posts: 782 | From: Schwabenheim, Germany | Registered: Sep 2002   
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: