Atlantis Online
December 09, 2021, 02:15:25 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Scientists to drill beneath oceans
http://atlantisonline.smfforfree2.com/index.php/topic,8063.0.html

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Libya - a part of Atlantis? - Ulf Richter

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Libya - a part of Atlantis? - Ulf Richter  (Read 2015 times)
Aatlae

« on: March 26, 2008, 11:12:31 pm »

atalante
Member # 1452

Member Rated:
   posted 09-02-2004 09:49 PM                   
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ulf,
1) In regard to the Bell Beaker people, I agree that they did not travel ON LAND into Libya.
(They did however, reach a few islands in the western Mediterranean, terminating at the Ascanian , =western, side of Sicily.)
But do you remember when Jonas Bergman first posted his website? Initially it included a link to a college masters thesis, which covered BOTH Morocco and Algeria, as far east as Cape Bon (=Carthage/Utica). Perhaps that link was titled Mzora, but I am not sure.

It turns out that there was a megalithic construction style along the SOUTHWEST coast of the Med, from Gibralter to Cape Bon. These people, or this culture, is in the right place to be using obsidian from a source a little way offshore from Cape Bon. That source of obsidian was the island of Pantelleria.

If this was a unified culture across northwest Africa, then the Bell Beaker people probably only delivered goods to the WESTERN end of that culture. So the Egyptians would only hear rumors about Bell Beaker People, instead of making direct contacts.

and now changing topics:
2) There were two different groups of Hyksos. Dynasty 14 called themselves the Khasus, and seized nome 6 of the Nile Delta, called Xois in Greek language (immediately south of Neith's two nomes, 4 and 5). Then the next dynasty of Hyksos called themselves "overlords of the Kasus", or Hyk Khasu, and ruled from their capital city at Avaris.

The ancient Egyptian story called The Contendings of Set and Horus is talking about the politics of that first Kasu dynasty 14 (becasue it claims the Ennead gods ruled from the the city of Xois, rather than the normal location at Heliopolis). Riven was amused when I pointed out to him that this Egyptian story, The Contendings of Set and Horus, can be regarded as THE LOST ENDING OF PLATO'S CRITIAS. (In that story, Neith is called Neith the Great, meanwhile Zeus is called the Universal Lord.)

I expect that the two dynasties of Hyksos were tied to the general region of Syria, and had very little to do with Libya.

3) Descendents of the Meshwesh were probably the dominant culture, or civilization, in northern Libya during 1200-700 BC.

But then around 700 BC, the 25th dynasty of Egypt conquored the Sais/Meshwesh people, and thus unified Egypt for about a century. In my opinion, this CONQUEST of the Libyan Meshwesh and of Sais is the reason why the 25th dynasty pharoah Taharqa (680-664 BC) plagiarized the old theme of (Sahure) defeating a powerful Libyan adversary.

[This message has been edited by atalante (edited 09-02-2004).]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posts: 2423 | From: Tucson AZ USA | Registered: Apr 2003   
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: