Atlantis Online
April 17, 2024, 11:19:05 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Secrets of ocean birth laid bare 
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/5191384.stm#graphic

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Mega-tsunami theory disputed

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mega-tsunami theory disputed  (Read 295 times)
Mark of Australia

« on: February 04, 2008, 12:17:09 pm »

Hi Adam ,

That is a very interesting article. I find the attitude of the archaeologists in the story to be a little offensive. ..I'll explain myself   ..the archaeologists seem to suggest that their conclusion about undisturbed habitation by aborigines is somehow how better than the work of the 'geologists' who found clear evidence of mega-tsunami in W.A.     

You see , I did read the book by Ted Bryant called 'Tsunami -the underrated hazard' in which he presents most of the evidence for the mega-tsunami in Australia. It was very overwhelming evidence. To have a couple of archaeologists suggest those conclusions are wrong based only on their interpretation of the archaeological record is ludicrous. They 'see' that the habitation record in W.A. is unbroken. Roll Eyes  .I doubt that can be a very 'sure' conclusion. How did they reach the conclusion that it is unbroken??   bloody archaeologists! they are known for being pushy aren't they ? Roll Eyes

oh ,,  they are from the Australian National University  Lips sealed,    that explains it then.

« Last Edit: February 04, 2008, 12:20:32 pm by Mark Ponta » Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: