Atlantis Online
August 08, 2022, 02:21:40 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Site provides evidence for ancient comet explosion
http://www.thenewstribune.com/news/nationworld/story/173177.html

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Time Dilation

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Time Dilation  (Read 530 times)
Dr. Lee

« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2007, 03:37:36 am »

So if you want to make a worm hole, first what in nature resembles the effect that you are trying to cause. I speculate, that the closest natural phenomenon would be a black hole. Now, we believe that a black hole leads to a singularity. However, a black hole is also the most destructive force in the Universe. I have often speculated that Oppenheimer, Einstein, Bohm, and other scientist invented the A- bomb from observations of a supernova in the universe. Nuclear weapons (Without going into to much detail) basically have a  enriched core surrounded by special shield and bombarded with special subatomic particle stream and special geometric material. It's more complicated than that, but our physics majors know the details. Now a super nova, If the star is particularly massive, then its core will collapse and in so doing will release a huge amount of energy. This will cause a blast wave that ejects the star's envelope into interstellar space. So If we want to create an artificial worm hole its going to take the energy of a star and it will have to take on some of the characteristics of a black hole. The most powerful force of a black hole is the super strong gravitational forces. Now, we can't create a black hole but we may be able to create a similar effect. I theorize that if we want to create a doorway through space and time we will need to be able to create a vortex of artificial gravity, geometrically shape it and control the entrance and the exit to correlate with the earth at a particular place and time. So that means we will need star maps of the universe including the position of the earth in the universe and location of the target site. We will also have to create a gravitational vortex and maintain its opening constant enough to pass through and return. So lets look at gravity. What is gravity and how do we create artificial gradient gravity force and manage it. Well there are two ways of creating gravity one is to have a large dense mass or a constant rate spin 9.9mps. This is not practical, however what about a dense spinning magnetic field. Now I know your probably thinking to much science fiction. Well maybe not. What about a field within a field. I have experimented with such devices on table top and have noted remarkable effects on the local area within the field. Its as if the area  became more dense than the outer area. I have yet to build the proper array to shape this phenomenon. The Idea is to use the converging fields to create a dense area in space/time and much like a drill boring through steel. But I will keep you posted. And Thanks to Allison for the invitation and the warm welcome from Brooke for yielding the forum.  D Lee

http://chandra.harvard.edu/photo/2000/m82bh/snap_both2_med.jpg

http://z.about.com/d/inventors/1/0/W/9/nuke1.jpg

http://www.internationalreporter.com/images/SolarNebula_lg.jpg

http://spaceflightnow.com/news/n0110/24pulsarnova/supernova.jpg

« Last Edit: April 04, 2007, 05:15:17 am by Dr. Lee » Report Spam   Logged
Majeston

« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2007, 03:53:45 am »

Welcome Dr. Lee,

you need to get together with Merlin 'cause he has a spare cyclotron.  Smiley
But,  of course you also might need a few Energy Transformer guys along
with a few Associate Power Directors.

15:4.4 Paradise force organizers are nebulae originators; they are able to initiate about their space presence the tremendous cyclones of force which, when once started, can never be stopped or limited until the all-pervading forces are mobilized for the eventual appearance of the ultimatonic units of universe matter. Thus are brought into being the spiral and other nebulae, the mother wheels of the direct-origin suns and their varied systems.
Report Spam   Logged

"melody has power a whole world to transform."
Forever, music will remain the universal language of men, angels, and spirits.
Harmony is the speech of Havona.

http://mercy.urantia.org/papers/paper44.html
Dr. Lee

« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2007, 04:10:50 am »

"Thus, the third Newtonian law proves to be the direct
result of the properties of causality and pattern of time. The effect and the counter
effect comprise two facets of the identical phenomenon, and
between them a time discontinuity cannot exist."

Kozyrev

"P169:2, 15:4.2 The Paradise force organizers transmute space potency into primordial force and evolve this prematerial potential into the primary and secondary energy manifestations of physical reality. When this energy attains gravity-responding levels, the power directors and their associates of the superuniverse regime appear upon the scene and begin their never-ending manipulations designed to establish the manifold power circuits and energy channels of the universes of time and space. Thus does physical matter appear in space, and so is the stage set for the inauguration of universe organization."

The Urantia Book -- Part I. The Central and Superuniverses
PAPER 15: Section 4.
Nebulae -- The Ancestors Of Universes
« Last Edit: April 04, 2007, 05:23:31 am by Dr. Lee » Report Spam   Logged
Majeston

« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2007, 05:57:40 am »

Very cool Dr. Lee,

Now why can't Merlin do that,  and I've been working with him for a few yea.... Eternity now.

Smiley

You remind me of the scene in Close Encounters where they are on Devil's mountain and they start
doing the thing with the sound and lights and the mother ship responds with light and sound and after
a few bars of that the guy says " We're taking over this conversation Now ! "

http://datacore.sciflicks.com/close_encounters/sounds/close_encounters_five_notes_human.wav

http://datacore.sciflicks.com/close_encounters/sounds/close_encounters_signal.wav

http://datacore.sciflicks.com/close_encounters/sounds/close_encounters_sun.wav

http://datacore.sciflicks.com/close_encounters/sounds/close_encounters_questions.wav

Smiley
« Last Edit: April 04, 2007, 07:21:53 am by Majeston » Report Spam   Logged

19Merlin69

« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2007, 02:51:53 pm »

Welcome Dr. Lee,

you need to get together with Merlin 'cause he has a spare cyclotron.  Smiley

Not any more.  That changed when I returned to academia.  Now I have to beg, borrow or steal time on a tevatron...

« Last Edit: April 04, 2007, 04:27:37 pm by 19Merlin69 » Report Spam   Logged

Knowledge is a gift to be given; stupidity, a communicable disease.
Majeston

« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2007, 03:16:32 pm »

Geezeeeeeee !!!!!

Now I have to look up Bevatron.

Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

Majeston

« Reply #21 on: April 04, 2007, 03:24:53 pm »

OK,   good   I found it.

A native from France, Bevatron was recruited to the Hellfire Club's junior team of mutants by the villainous White Queen. After suffering the loss of Firestar, Bevatron was picked up as the Hellions new energy projector. His first mission, and the only one he appeared as part of, required the Hellions to fight the New Warriors to vie for Firestar's returned allegance. During the mission, Bevatron was badly wounded when he fell from a rooftop while battling Firestar. The Hellions were defeated by the New Warriors.

Soon after, Emma threw a party which the Hellions, as well as the X-Men Gold team, attended. It was there that Trevor Fitzroy—a member of the villainous group known as the Upstarts—crashed the party with the goal of killing Emma in order to gain points within the group. The Hellions were mere formalities: most of the team, including Bevatron, were drained of their life energies in order to fuel Fitzroy's teleportation portal in Uncanny X-Men #282 (1991).

Powers

Bevatron's mutant abilities allow him to focus the excess bio-electricity in his cells through his fists as electric discharges.
Report Spam   Logged

19Merlin69

« Reply #22 on: April 04, 2007, 04:23:07 pm »

Dr. Lee -

I took a couple of hours to think about this before I replied, and I have a few initial thoughts.  First, let me explain that this discussion we are currently engaged in is directly within my scope of experience.  I have been an active member in the Advanced Quantum/Relativity Theory Propulsion (AQRTP) Workshop since 1994, and I have served as an advisor with NASA's Office of Advanced Concepts and Technology since 1989.  Quantum mechanics, relativity theory and supergravity/string theory as applied to concepts such as space-time wormholes, trans-relativistic physics, space-time structure, quantum non-locality and world sheet manipulation is pretty much all I work on these days.  I just wanted to get that straight up front since we do not know one another.

So if you want to make a worm hole, first what in nature resembles the effect that you are trying to cause. I speculate, that the closest natural phenomenon would be a black hole.

At first glance, I suppose that this may be correct if we are thinking in terms of the layman's interpretation, however; in the purest physics sense, the answer is not a blackhole.  Though both objects are theoretical solutions to Einstein's field equations, a wormhole differs in many so many senses that it really isn't fair to compare the two.  If I were to seek an analogy, I would choose a tornado.  Instead of twisting itself due to the forces of wind, high & low pressure and moisture - a wormhole is manufactured from the fabric of space-time.  Or, we could say that it might be more like a stage trap door where the tube leads you to another time - instead of another place.  The gravitational anomolies we call blackholes are merely saladbowls in spate-time, with a really nasty experience at the center.  Once you peer over the edge of the bowl - nothing comes back to you, once you go over the edge - you never come back.  The concept of a black hole was first presented in a September, 1939 paper in the Physical Review (pp. 455-459) by Robert Oppenheimer and his graduate student, S. Snyder.  They were using general relativity to study the end of the life of a massive star.  They concluded: 

"When all thermonuclear sources of energy are exhausted, a sufficiently heavy star will collapse. Unless fission due to rotation, the radiation of mass, or the blowing off of mass by radiation, reduce the star's mass to the order of that of the sun, this contraction will continue indefinitely." 

Their paper predicted that a massive star will shrink "indefinitely" until it becomes a singularity - having an infinite density of matter.  Even light will be unable to escape from this collapsed star, and so the star was named a black hole (the French hated the term and refused to use if for many years).   In October, 1939, Einstein responded with an analysis of his own in The Annals of Mathematics (pp. 932-936).  The Einstein paper was very polite and did not specifically refer to the Oppenheimer-Snyder article.  Al's opinion was:

"The essential result of this investigation is a clear understanding as to why the ‘Schwartzschild singularities’ do not exist in physical reality. Although the theory here treats clusters whose particles move along circular paths, it does not seem to be subject to reasonable doubt that more general cases will have analogous results. The 'Schwartzschild singularity' does not appear for the reason that matter cannot be concentrated arbitrarily. And this is due to the fact that otherwise the constituting particles would reach the velocity of light."

Einstein remained undisputed during his lifetime on this subject, however;  in 1955 more powerful computers became available that could finally apply the General Relativity equations to complicated physical models. These computer models proved that Oppenheimer was right and Einstein wasn't. The Relativity equations require that a collapsing star that achieves a critical density of matter will shrink indefinitely to form a singularity - possessing an infinite density of matter.

Since that time, astronomers have located any number of black holes throughout the universe. We have to ask, "Are these really the black holes ("Schwartzschild singularities"), that Einstein insisted, "do not exist in physical reality"? He remarked that, "A more reasonable interpretation is that they are massive neutron stars."  However, when General Relativity is applied to a massive neutron star, it shows that a massive neutron star must collapse to form a black hole singularity also...  Al was good at solving some things - terrible at using his own solutions.

Now, we believe that a black hole leads to a singularity. However, a black hole is also the most destructive force in the Universe. I have often speculated that Oppenheimer, Einstein, Bohm, and other scientist invented the A- bomb from observations of a supernova in the universe.

We know that a singularity leads to a blackhole and we have very interesting observational evidence that blackholes exist.  So, based on our theory, BHs exist - and have singularities at their center.  I cannot say whether or not Einstein considered a supernova, but I can tell you that he had little to do with the creation of the A-bomb.  The three we have to thank for that are Robert Oppenheimer, Ernest Lawrence, and Edward Teller.  Albert wanted to be involved, but his actions in the past precluded him from the super-secret program.  Oppenheimer was fascinated by the universe's mysteries - but it was really Lawrence and Teller that glimpsed the "genie in a bottle" during experimentation during their lab days.  The "bomb" was just another mathematical solution to the question, "What happens if I...."

So If we want to create an artificial worm hole its going to take the energy of a star and it will have to take on some of the characteristics of a black hole.

That's what I was saying on page one - at least for worm holes of a significant size.  In this case though, we are only talking about theoretical holes large enough to send a man through.  The difference comes in the "type" of womhole we are trying to build.  Morris-Thorne (MT) spherical wormhole and the somewhat more stable Visser wormholes are the two that most often come to the conversational table.  MT Holes require the "star-sized" battery and the Visser holes are a bit more economical.  With any luck, after sewing the two openings of flatspace holes together, we might be able to benefit from vacuum energy in order to maintain the equivalent positive energy of the wormhole's spatial curvature.  Large radial tension (stretching force) would have to be offset by consistent energy input, allowing the tunnel to "grow" along with expansion and tangential pressure (squeezing force) developing in the wormhole mouth would be offset by the spinning gravitational pull by the black "lab holes" outside.

Now, we can't create a black hole but we may be able to create a similar effect.

Theoretically we have created millions of them.  For the moment, there are only a few things stopping us from doing it physically - most of which are related to perception - not science.

I theorize that if we want to create a doorway through space and time we will need to be able to create a vortex of artificial gravity, geometrically shape it and control the entrance and the exit to correlate with the earth at a particular place and time. So that means we will need star maps of the universe including the position of the earth in the universe and location of the target site. We will also have to create a gravitational vortex and maintain its opening constant enough to pass through and return.

This leads us to a paradox though...  Something's amiss.

So lets look at gravity. What is gravity and how do we create artificial gradient gravity force and manage it. Well there are two ways of creating gravity one is to have a large dense mass or a constant rate spin 9.9mps. This is not practical, however what about a dense spinning magnetic field. Now I know your probably thinking to much science fiction. Well maybe not. What about a field within a field. I have experimented with such devices on table top and have noted remarkable effects on the local area within the field. Its as if the area  became more dense than the outer area. I have yet to build the proper array to shape this phenomenon. The Idea is to use the converging fields to create a dense area in space/time and much like a drill boring through steel.

??  Explain in more detail please something there didn't make sense to me and I missed "What is gravity" and, "how do we create artificial gradient gravity force ".  I'm also confused by the spinning magnetic field or the "field within a field" section; do you mean a "motor"?  That's how they work..  I must have misunderstood - please try againg.
Report Spam   Logged

19Merlin69

« Reply #23 on: April 04, 2007, 04:30:40 pm »

OK,   good   I found it.

Nope, sorry - that was a typo on my part because I was typing something else about Lawrence and Berkley (where the bevatron was) - it was decommissioned in 94 and I must have been feeling nostalgic.  I corrected it to tevatron  but you must have missed it.  My apologies.
Report Spam   Logged

Dr. Lee

« Reply #24 on: April 04, 2007, 09:47:23 pm »

I'm aware of what your saying, I agree, however as you said one step at a time. The comparisons between supernova and a bomb I refer to Implosion! Comparison between Black holes and Worm holes as a portal only in theory, wormholes are theory only! were not to far apart. I implore you to read about John Hutchison as well as N. Kozyrev, Nikola Tesla, H. Poncare and  please check this out. While your at It, I would ask you that if you have any INFO on N Tesla theory of gravity please post it here. I have some info, but I have been searching for this info for seven years. All I have seen is a 200 page doc obtained by FIA and half was blacked out!

We can't as of yet travel faster than light in a vehicle but, I'm suggesting  a model of a gyroscope, a spin field with in a spin field accelerated to superluminal speeds with cesium control apparatus to contain attenuation.

good reading!

http://relativitychallenge.podshow.com/

http://www.autodynamics.org/main/index.php?module=pagemaster&PAGE_user_op=view_page&PAGE_id=50&MMN_position=57:47

http://www.autodynamics.org/main/index.php?module=pagemaster&PAGE_user_op=view_page&PAGE_id=49&MMN_position=56:47

http://www.technovelgy.com/ct/Science-Fiction-News.asp?NewsNum=579

http://www.superconductors.org/gravity.htm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/2157975.stm

http://www.rexresearch.com/piggott/piggott.htm

http://www.gravitycontrol.org/gravitycontrol.html#frolov

http://www.americanantigravity.com/documents/Einstein-Antigravity.pdf

http://www.lrz-muenchen.de/%7Eaunzicker/ae1930.html

http://gravitycontrol.org/John-Worrell-Keely.html

« Last Edit: April 05, 2007, 01:03:29 am by Dr. Lee » Report Spam   Logged
19Merlin69

« Reply #25 on: April 05, 2007, 10:48:54 pm »

<---    WARNING!!   I'm aggravated tonight and in a foul mood...  Just a bit tired of the "Same-old - Same-old"   --->
...wormholes are theory only!

Maybe - maybe not.  Same goes for blackholes, since we still have not *actually* seen one; only the shadows of them.  I know that it is possible to build "lab-holes", meaning, very small blackholes - and as such, building bigger ones would only require more power.  The Tevatron can develop enough enrgy to make them, so CERN will have no trouble at all.  Had we finished the Super-collider - we could have built very big ones.  What slows our progress in wormhole research is funding.  Funding is difficult to obtain due to a number of issues, but most prominently, because a lack of willpower on behalf of the Quantum physicists who have bought stock in the *Dark* mystery.   It chapps my ass that the very crew who cannot develop a working quantum theory of black holes are the folks pooping on the classical theories of those who can.  So - we struggle for cash, forever in competition with those turds who are seeking more and more money to continue propping up their inoperable theory....

I implore you to read about John Hutchison as well as N. Kozyrev, Nikola Tesla, H. Poncare and  please check this out. While your at It, I would ask you that if you have any INFO on N Tesla theory of gravity please post it here. I have some info, but I have been searching for this info for seven years. All I have seen is a 200 page doc obtained by FIA and half was blacked out!

I'm not a fan of the "Free Energy" crowd that typically adopts Nikola as their hero.  I grant Tesla his kudos for accomplishing a lot - but much of the mystery and intrigue associated with him is more hype than hypothesis.  I've read most of his work - as I have Henry Poincare's, but the others aren't of any real interest to me.  I'll browse what you have linked, but I cannot promise much more.

We can't as of yet travel faster than light in a vehicle but, I'm suggesting  a model of a gyroscope, a spin field with in a spin field accelerated to superluminal speeds with cesium control apparatus to contain attenuation.

A "spin field within a spin field acellerated to super-luminal speed"  means almost nothing to me unless you can explain how you plan to develop two intersecting fields moving relative to one another - while moving faster than light.  Last time I checked, nothing has moved FTL, even cesium-pumped lasers in a lab (that was intriguing, but not FTL).  While we're on that subject [cesium], aside from using the super-stable decay rate of the element, I have no idea why you would bother - but hey, it's your baby, knock yourself out with that.  Let me know how it works for you. 

OFF THE SUBJECT ALERT - I'm just ranting at the moment.

Until someone takes a chance and decides to seriously investigate why *dark energy* (or the force that mimics it) appears to be anti-gravitational and *dark matter* (or the force that mimics it) appears to be super-gravitational in a MOND or TeVeS way, we're going to be mired in the filth we have created for ourselves for a very long time.  Someone needs to bribe a handfull of politicians to get some research money flowing to the colleges working on these projects.  The Dems are as worthless as the Repubs on this subject, and it gets more than a little frustrating having to convince the same dummies every year of the same thing you did only 11 months prior.  I could understand if the faces or even the questions changed - but hell, when neither have, it seems like groundhog day...  All over again.  I'm stupefied that it is so easy for so many people to forget what good comes of physical research.  &$%*@!  Having to remind people that MRI, CAT Scan, PET Scan, MUGA Scan and even X-Ray photography all emanated from physicist's research just gets old.  Transistors, MosFets and CMOS all came from physicists also.  90+% of our current technological advances were derived in laboratories probing the quantum world in fact.  Blue ray, gamma laser induction (bloodless surgery) and nano-tech in industrial and medical settings are current examples beyond the aforementioned ones.  I just sit there - tilting my head from side to side like a laborador retriever as they posture and expouse, knowing full well they haven't a single clue as to what they are talking about.  Thank god the microphones cannot read minds or there would have been some very embarrassed people in hearing room 4.   Grin

I find it demeaning that there is a level within our current legislative branch that would claim that the scientific research element,  specifically within academia, has developed into a "science for science's sake" class that serves only to justify itself... I agree that it does happen and that paradigms are hard to break, but, look at who's making that claim!  My God - this accusation coming from a group who would have the country believe that they are anything but a new artistocracy, bought and paid for by those who, themselves, are unqualified to hold public office.  If there was ever a more disjointed organization of individual "Lone Rangers" assembled in one place in the history of the world - I'm unaware of it.  It makes me sick to think that each and every one of those princes and would-be suitors to the throne were supposedly the "best of the best"; according to the voting public.  There were times today that I wondered how different life might be today had the flights on 9/11 targeted the senate, the congress and their associated office buildings....  Not that I would wish it, but it does make you wonder.  Huh

Well, we got the funding in the end - so that's worth celebrating I suppose.  Now I have to figure out how many showers it will take to wash the filth off of me; just being there for a full day makes a man feel very dirty. 

Tout le monde la bonne nuit
Report Spam   Logged

Dr. Lee

« Reply #26 on: April 06, 2007, 05:11:01 am »

http://archives.cnn.com/2000/TECH/space/07/20/speed.of.light.ap/

Here is the news report, Draw your own conclusions... However I agree with you on the funding issue... and they have also slowed photons down below C  I like your ideas, and Good luck! Grin
Report Spam   Logged
19Merlin69

« Reply #27 on: April 07, 2007, 06:55:20 pm »

http://archives.cnn.com/2000/TECH/space/07/20/speed.of.light.ap/

Here is the news report, Draw your own conclusions...

Yes, I knew that this was what you were referring to.  That's why I referred to the "magic tricks" with cesium and lasers.  This does not, in fact, violate General relativity.  Nothing with mass can move faster that the speed of light (Superluminousity).  It is also a 'trick', meaning that "What you see, ain't what you get."  There's a large bulk of information out there explaining what actually happened in that experiment - superluminal speeds for particles did not occur.  It is a decent example of an object's wave function moving at relativitic speeds though.

Keep in mind - we're relatively certain that *something* can move further, faster, than the SOL allows.  We call it 'spooky action at a distance'.  It appears as though quantum tunneling or brane alteration may be at play.  Meaning that distance travelled has been altered by taking an alternate path through Space-time instead of a straight line.

...and they have also slowed photons down below C

That's easy, put a flashlight through a glass of water - viola - you have slowed it down.  Put light in gravity or remove it from a vacuum, slowed it again.  Reducing its speed is really quite simple.

However I agree with you on the funding issue...  I like your ideas, and Good luck! Grin

Thanks - good luck with your project as well.
Report Spam   Logged

Anteros

« Reply #28 on: April 23, 2007, 08:34:15 pm »

I have been an active member in the Advanced Quantum/Relativity Theory Propulsion (AQRTP) Workshop since 1994, and I have served as an advisor with NASA's Office of Advanced Concepts and Technology since 1989.  Quantum mechanics, relativity theory and supergravity/string theory as applied to concepts such as space-time wormholes, trans-relativistic physics, space-time structure, quantum non-locality and world sheet manipulation is pretty much all I work on these days.

Wow, wizard, I must say that I'm impressed! I mean, I always knew you were smart and I learned a lot from you back in the old days of Atlantis Rising but I never knew your credentials were THAT impressive!!

I'm glad to see you here and still up to your old standards. This means that I can expect some more head warping reading in the near future. Cool

Report Spam   Logged

"A planet of playthings, we dance on the strings of Powers we cannot perceive."

Rush  --> "Freewill"
19Merlin69

« Reply #29 on: April 28, 2007, 07:34:55 pm »

I have been an active member in the Advanced Quantum/Relativity Theory Propulsion (AQRTP) Workshop since 1994, and I have served as an advisor with NASA's Office of Advanced Concepts and Technology since 1989.  Quantum mechanics, relativity theory and supergravity/string theory as applied to concepts such as space-time wormholes, trans-relativistic physics, space-time structure, quantum non-locality and world sheet manipulation is pretty much all I work on these days.

Wow, wizard, I must say that I'm impressed! I mean, I always knew you were smart and I learned a lot from you back in the old days of Atlantis Rising but I never knew your credentials were THAT impressive!!

I'm glad to see you here and still up to your old standards. This means that I can expect some more head warping reading in the near future. Cool

Thanks Anteros - I'm planning on warping some minds in the next posting....  I was taking a bit of a break to separate some wheat from  chaff....
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: