Atlantis Online
February 29, 2024, 10:37:30 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Were seafarers living here 16,000 years ago?
http://www.canada.com/victoriatimescolonist/news/story.html?id=34805893-6a53-46f5-a864-a96d53991051&k=39922

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Inner Harmony & the Pathway to Spiritual Peace (Original)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Inner Harmony & the Pathway to Spiritual Peace (Original)  (Read 3492 times)
Jade Hellene
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #60 on: December 18, 2007, 01:01:20 am »

Aristotle

Member # 2244

Member Rated:
   posted 01-11-2006 10:51 PM                       
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My own personal philosophy would be that everyone, be they man or woman, should learn how to take care of themselves because no one is going to do it for you. By my definition, that would be not learning to pray to a God, but having faith in one's own abilities to handle things. While no doubt some will see that as a bit of arrogance on my part and that there is some power that takes care of us all, to them I would say, what if there isn't? What if we have been alone all this time, here only by some cosmic accident, and that each of us actually has been handling our problems alone for all this time? The lesson I would have people take from that would not be the lesson of disillusionment, but that each of us is stronger than we know. The message would not be, "we are alone," but that "we are strong enough to make it alone," and that there is not, nor has there ever been, anything to fear.

And I'd like to dwell a bit more on that. Throughout history, I would suggest that people have committed most of their worst acts out of fear. Fear of not going to heaven, fear of beliefs that might differ from their own, fear of any people that they see as different than themselves. People who tend to believe in themselves are, by their very nature, less afraid, and that would be the lesson I would most like to impart upon everyone.

--------------------
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."
- Aristotle

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posts: 357 | From: ancient Athens | Registered: Nov 2004   
Report Spam   Logged

Sort through the media disinformation:
http://mediamatters.org/
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: