Atlantis Online
December 04, 2022, 07:25:21 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: FARMING FROM 6,000 YEARS AGO
http://www.thisislincolnshire.co.uk/displayNode.jsp?nodeId=156622&command=displayContent&sourceNode=156618&contentPK=18789712&folderPk=87030

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

The Nature of Good & Evil

Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Nature of Good & Evil  (Read 5441 times)
Felecia
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #495 on: August 03, 2008, 10:13:55 pm »

Psycho

Member # 2035

posted 11-23-2005 03:49 PM                       
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Why Does Everybody Hate Me?

By Satan

I've tried, I really have, but nothing ever goes right for me. Everywhere I go, it's the same thing: people talking about me like I'm not even there, saying how terrible I am. Telling other people not to walk in my path. Urging that I be shunned and reviled, and commanding me in the name of all that is holy to get myself behind them. I swear, sometimes it seems like everybody thinks I'm the worst entity in creation.

I'm not that bad a guy, okay? I have my flaws, but I'll have you know I used to be considered quite the golden boy back in my day. Do you even know what the name Lucifer means? Depending on how it's translated, it can be "Bright And Shining One" or "Bringer Of Light," or all kinds of pretty names. I'm telling you, I was the fairest star in the firmament once. The only reason I even got kicked out Heaven in the first place is because I was more beautiful than God.

Yeah, well, now look at me. I can't even possess a lousy 10-year-old girl without some geezer in a white collar screaming "The power of Christ compels you!" in my face and insisting that I leave immediately. Look, I just want to connect with a human being for a little while! Levitate a few beds, spin a couple necks around, have some deep, throaty laughs. Is that so wrong? Everybody treats me like some kind of lowlife just because I'm the symbolic embodiment of all the evil in the universe.

Have you heard the things they call me? I can take a good-natured ribbing as much as the next guy, but some of these names are just so mean. Do you have any idea how it feels to be called the "Lord Of Lies"? Ouch. Look, I may be mankind's greatest fears and weaknesses made flesh, but my feelings can get hurt just like anybody else's. "Prince Of Darkness"? How would you feel if everybody called you "The Defiler," or "The Despoiler," or "The Unclean One"? It's not my fault that my terrifying visage erupts into suppurating boils when exposed to the holy light of truth and righteousness. It's hideous enough without people always needing to rub it in.

I'll bet I'm the most despised and hated being in the whole wide world. I even wrote a poem about it once in my creative-writing class, but when I read it out loud, everybody just laughed at me. I only took that class to make friends, but even the biggest dorks there reacted to my very presence with visceral repulsion. I'm telling you, I felt like the lowest of the low. The only way I could get anyone to talk to me was by promising this one guy I'd make his stupid legal thrillers into bestsellers in exchange for his immortal soul. Now he's had a string of hit movie adaptations and I'll bet I don't even hear word one from him until he shows up mewling and begging at the gateway to the underworld.

Oh sure, there are the occasional few who want to be my acolytes, but come on. I mean, have you seen these people? They're plain weird. Sure, they say that the reason they're into me is because they're rejecting society's small-minded notions of petty morality and embracing a world where "do as thou wilt" shall be the whole of the law, but it's pretty obvious that they're really just mad that nobody else in the corporeal realm wants anything to do with them.

I was sort of excited by the ones from the Norwegian black metal scene at first, though. I thought, "Finally, some worshippers who, if nothing else, at least have the balls to burn down a 900-year-old church." Some of them even had girlfriends. But that wore off pretty quick after I caught a few shows. For people who've supposedly sold their souls to the devil, these guys couldn't put together a tune for ****. I mean, I sure as hell didn't trade them any guitar skills down at the crossroads—or whatever the hell the Norwegian folklore equivalent would be—and from the sound of their records, nobody else did either. Let's just admit it—black metal is lame.

And while we're on the subject of my mortal followers, don't believe a word you hear about all these so-called "spawn of Satan"—that phrase gets thrown around quite a bit, but believe you me, most women won't even come near me. I guess I've never really known how to show affection. But I have needs too, you know! I just wish I could meet a nice virgin half-goat woman who totally gets me. But every time I get involved with a receptacle for my seed, it always ends badly.

The only person who understands me is my friend Gene. Sure, he knows I'm a mythical representation of all the tragic and self-defeating fallibility inherent in the human condition, but he doesn't judge me for it. Lately though, I hardly ever get to see him. Ever since he settled down, he's spending more and more time with his wife and kid. I know he's busy, but I miss him. He was an okay enough guy... not quite evil enough for my tastes, maybe, but an okay guy all the same.

[ 11-23-2005, 03:49 PM: Message edited by: Psycho ]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Report Spam   Logged
Felecia
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #496 on: August 03, 2008, 10:14:13 pm »

Sarah

Member # 2812

Member Rated:
   posted 11-23-2005 11:04 PM                       
Satan, on the other hand, seems in a most foul mood...

--------------------
"If I forget thee, O Jerusalem, may my right hand fail..." - King David, Psalms 137:5

http://www.zwoje-scrolls.com/shoah/index.html

http://www.holocaustchronicle.org/

Report Spam   Logged
Felecia
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #497 on: August 03, 2008, 10:14:25 pm »

Danielle Gorree

Member # 2633

Member Rated:
   posted 11-26-2005 01:48 AM                       
quote:

"The only reason I even got kicked out Heaven in the first place is because I was more beautiful than God."

Satan doesn't appear to have learned a thing.
Report Spam   Logged
Felecia
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #498 on: August 03, 2008, 10:14:53 pm »

Waters

Member # 914

posted 11-26-2005 10:00 AM                       
''Satan doesn't appear to have learned a thing.''

...from the creator?  Wink

[ 11-26-2005, 10:02 AM: Message edited by: Andrew Waters ]
Posts: 2639 | From: Akron, Ohio, USA | Registered: May 2002   
Report Spam   Logged
Felecia
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #499 on: August 03, 2008, 10:15:16 pm »

unknown

Member # 2403

Member Rated:
   posted 11-26-2005 09:16 PM                       
Aphrodite

a little more on the serpent in mythology...

http://www.theosociety.org/pasadena/etgloss/sed-sez.htm

Serpent One of the most fundamental and prolific symbols of the mystery-language. Its most basic meaning is of the eternal, alternating, cyclic motion during cosmic manifestation. For motion, which to the physicist and the philosopher alike seems an abstraction, is for the ancient wisdom a primordial principle or axiom, of the same order as space and time, existing per se. Never does motion cease utterly even during kosmic pralaya. And motion is essentially circular: where physics would derive circular motion from a composition of rectilinear motions, the opposite procedure would be that of the ancient wisdom. This circular motion, compounding itself into spirals, helixes, and vortices, is the builder of worlds, bringing together the scattered elements of chaos; motion per se is essential cosmic intelligence. This circular motion, returning upon itself like a serpent swallowing its tail, represents the cycles of time. This conscious energy in spirals whirls through all the planes of cosmos as fohat and his innumerable sons -- the cosmic energies and forces, fundamentally intelligent, operating in every scale or grade of matter. The caduceus of Hermes, twin serpents wound about a staff, represents cosmically the mighty drama of evolution, in its twin aspects, the staff or tree standing for the structural aspect, the serpent for the fohatic forces that animate the structure.

The serpent is characteristically a dual symbol. In the beginnings of creation two poles were emanated, spirit and matter; and forthwith began interaction between the downward forces of the one and the upward forces of the other. Hermes, Mercury, intelligence, may represent a sage or a thief; the serpentine wisdom may work in every plane of materiality. The perverse will of man may turn natural forces to evil purposes, and thus we speak of the good serpent and the bad, of Agathodaemon and Kakodaemon, of Ophis and Ophiomorphos. A serpent can be a sage or a sorcerer.

The dragon is the eternally vigilant one, guardian of the sacred treasures; but he is the ruthless destroyer of him who attempts to gain by force the riches to which he has not won a title. To gain knowledge, we must know how to tame the serpent which rules the nether worlds, as the Christ refuses to make obeisance to Satan.

The seven sacred planets, or again the seven human principles, form a serpent, often collocated with the sun and moon as making a triad. One form of this spiraling conscious energy, when manifesting in man, is kundalini-sakti, the serpentine power, which in the ordinary person today lies relatively sleeping and performing merely automatic vital functions; but when aroused can ether waft to sublime heights of vision and power or blast like a lightning-stroke.

The power which a serpent has of casting its old skin is analogous to what the earth does at the commencement of each round, and to the clothing of the human jiva with a new body when it enters the womb. Again, the astral light is called a serpent; its lowest strata are dangerous and deceptive, while it extends through all planes up to the highest akasa, the vehicle of divine wisdom.

In early Christianity there arose more than one Gnostic sect using the snake as a symbol, such as the Ophites, which in the vision of certain ecclesiastic Fathers was designated devil worship, or by other uncomplimentary names. See also NAGA; WORLD-SERPENT

Sesha sesa (Sanskrit) [from the verbal root sish to leave a remainder or residue] Remainder; the karmic remainders of the preceding cosmic manvantara which become the basis for the manifestation of the present manvantara. Also the name of the seven-headed serpent of space on which Vishnu rests during pralaya, representing the seven principles of the cosmos in which the spiritual or unmanifested universe remains until the period for its new manifestation arrives, thereafter to become manifest by degrees. Sesha or Ananta, the couch of Vishnu, is an abstraction symbolizing ever-continuing cosmic life in space, which contains the remainders or germs of the future manvantara, and throws off periodically the efflorescence of these germs as the manifested universe. But during a solar pralaya, the cosmic spirit from which all flows forth, reposes sleeping upon Sesha, the serpent of eternity, in the midst of the kosmic Deep. Hence Sesha is considered Vishnu's first vahana (vehicle) in the primordial water of space, before manvantaric activity begins.

This serpent is often mythologically represented as also having a thousand heads, referring to the thousand main divisions of abstract time into which pralaya or manvantara can be divided; and as supporting, after giving birth to them by emanation, the seven lokas and seven talas out of which the manifested hierarchies of the universe are formed during cosmic manvantara. See also ANANTA-SESHA

--------------------
several species of small furry animals gathered together and grooving with a pict in a cave

Posts: 1756 | From: Pontiac, MI. Oakland | Registered: Mar 2005   
Report Spam   Logged
Felecia
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #500 on: August 03, 2008, 10:15:35 pm »

Boreasi

Member # 2421

Member Rated:
   posted 11-26-2005 10:37 PM                       
Moses Serpent of Life

"They traveled from Mount Hor along the route to the Red Sea, to go around Edom. But the people grew impatient on the way; they spoke against God and against Moses, and said, "Why have you brought us up out of Egypt to die in the desert? There is no bread! There is no water! And we detest this miserable food!"

Then the LORD sent venomous snakes among them; they bit the people and many Israelites died. The people came to Moses and said, "We sinned when we spoke against the LORD and against you. Pray that the LORD will take the snakes away from us." So Moses prayed for the people.

The LORD said to Moses, "Make a snake and put it up on a pole; anyone who is bitten can look at it and live." So Moses made a bronze snake and put it up on a pole. Then when anyone was bitten by a snake and looked at the bronze snake, he lived."
(Numbers 21:4-9)

---

Opression and Destruction

1 In the third year of Hoshea son of Elah king of Israel, Hezekiah son of Ahaz king of Judah began to reign. 2 He was twenty-five years old when he became king, and he reigned in Jerusalem twenty-nine years. His mother's name was Abijah daughter of Zechariah. 3 He did what was right in the eyes of the LORD, just as his father David had done. 4 He removed the high places, smashed the sacred stones and cut down the Asherah poles. He broke into pieces the bronze snake Moses had made, for up to that time the Israelites had been burning incense to it. (It was called Nehushtan.)

Consequences

9 In King Hezekiah's fourth year, which was the seventh year of Hoshea son of Elah king of Israel, Shalmaneser king of Assyria marched against Samaria and laid siege to it. 10 At the end of three years the Assyrians took it. So Samaria was captured in Hezekiah's sixth year, which was the ninth year of Hoshea king of Israel. 11 The king of Assyria deported Israel to Assyria and settled them in Halah, in Gozan on the Habor River and in towns of the Medes. 12 This happened because they had not obeyed the LORD their God, but had violated his covenant—all that Moses the servant of the LORD commanded. They neither listened to the commands nor carried them out. (2 Kings 18, 1-12)

1 When King Hezekiah heard this, he tore his clothes and put on sackcloth and went into the temple of the LORD. 2 He sent Eliakim the palace administrator, Shebna the secretary and the leading priests, all wearing sackcloth, to the prophet Isaiah son of Amoz. 3 They told him, "This is what Hezekiah says: This day is a day of distress and rebuke and disgrace, as when children come to the point of birth and there is no strength to deliver them."
(2 Kings 19, 1-3)

---

The Return of The Serpent

"Just as Moses lifted up the snake in the desert, so the Son of Man must be lifted up;
That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life." (John 3:14,15)

[ 11-26-2005, 10:59 PM: Message edited by: Boreasi ]
Report Spam   Logged
Felecia
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #501 on: August 03, 2008, 10:15:47 pm »

unknown

Member # 2403

Member Rated:
   posted 11-26-2005 11:05 PM                       
Hey all

I am watching Black Sabbath being inducted into the british music hall of fame.

I would like to say something about the symbolism of the serpent, the serpent has almost universally been recognized as a symbol of wisdom and eternal life. The serpent by shedding its skin represents eternal life, the serpent biting its own tail is a symbol of the cyclic nature of life/nature and eternity itself. Some will remember the words of Christ saying to be as wise as serpents. The serpent is the symbol of the heirophant those who are priviledged to partake of the hidden wisdom, not only that but the symbol of the messenger of the gods mercury is snakes entwined about the staff. Which is the symbol still used by by modern medicine, the cadaceus.

This symbol, the cadaceus represents the kundalini the evolutionary energy which under certain circumstances is unleased in the individual, the twin energies of ida and pingala or sun and moon energy.

Can I get a witness?

[ 11-27-2005, 06:20 PM: Message edited by: unknown ]

--------------------
several species of small furry animals gathered together and grooving with a pict in a cave

Report Spam   Logged
Felecia
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #502 on: August 03, 2008, 10:16:01 pm »

Trevor Proffitt

Member # 2175

Member Rated:
   posted 11-27-2005 03:46 AM                       
The serpent is the symbol of ancient wisdom, been long linked with Atlantis, and also plays a big role in a lot of the ancient cultures. Is it any coincidence that God didn't want Adam and Eve to talk to the serpent?

It represents pagan wisdom, a no-no as far as Christian beliefs are concerned.
Report Spam   Logged
Felecia
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #503 on: August 03, 2008, 10:16:11 pm »

Aphrodite

Member # 2573

Member Rated:
   posted 12-27-2005 04:32 AM                       
Unknown & Boreasi,

Thanks much for the information on the symbolims of serpents. I've been meaning to pick up the idea for further study myself but have gotten awfully busy with personal things during the last month.

--------------------
"He who controls others maybe powerful, but he who has mastered himself is mightier still.” - Lao Tsu

Report Spam   Logged
Felecia
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #504 on: August 03, 2008, 10:16:25 pm »

unknown

Member # 2403

Member Rated:
   posted 12-27-2005 05:32 PM                       
Your Welcome Aphrodite
Report Spam   Logged
Felecia
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #505 on: August 03, 2008, 10:16:35 pm »

incredulous
Member # 2428

posted 01-07-2006 07:50 AM                   
i, and others like me, are the darkness which is necessary and without which evolution and knowledge are impossible. i am also my own opposite, and yet beyond both. this is not a riddle, but a statement of mastery, and one which, alas, so few have the ability to understand.
diablerie: revelations of a satanist - anton long

poignant. and not to be ignored by the calculating mind, for the template exists to be used by those who, by their very nature, can not turn their back on heritage.

what have i said, and which of you has seen his legacy?
Report Spam   Logged
Felecia
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #506 on: August 03, 2008, 10:17:06 pm »

Aphrodite

Member # 2573

Member Rated:
   posted 01-08-2006 05:30 AM                       
Serpent Temples:

http://www.sacred-texts.com/etc/wos/wos09.htm

The decline of Serpent Worship:

http://www.sacred-texts.com/etc/wos/wos10.htm

The serpent's role in many of the ancient cultures:

1. BABYLON. Of Babylon we know little beyond the fact, that "they of the city worshipped

p. 420

a dragon," whom Daniel the prophet destroyed by his prayers.

2. PERSIA. Less accurate information as to circumstances, but equally certain as to the principal fact, is found in the history of Persia. How far the worship of the Host of Heaven may have superseded that of the serpent in the time of Cyrus, who governed both Babylon and Persia, is unknown.

3. HINDÛSTAN. Far different was the case in Hindûstan. There fable and history alike teem with the perpetual conflicts of the sun and serpent. Surya is ever the enemy of Budha. The latter, under the hateful form of a serpent, had carried off the daughter of the son of Manna, and stolen the sacred books of Crishna, the incarnate son of Brahma. One of his family had also seized upon a horse which the son of Ramah had designed to be sacrificed to the sun 1. The race of Budha was therefore proscribed; and the children of Surya, i.e. the worshippers of the sun, and the children of Crishna, i.e. the votaries of the incarnate Son of God, felt themselves called upon to execute the sentence. The offences imputed to the serpent Budha are remarkable. The abduction of the woman, and the stealing of the sacred books of the incarnate God,

p. 423

indicate the events in Paradise as the remote and traditional cause of the animosity.

4. CHINA, BURMAH, and SIAM. These countries retain but few impressions of their primeval superstitions.

5. In ARABIA, the worship of the serpent was very early overthrown, and gave way to the adoration of the Host of Heaven. But if any traces of this superstition lingered among the innumerable idolatries of a land which was once divided between AUR and AUB, the sword and the Koran made an equal end of all.

6. SYRIA. The Syrian Ophites when scattered by the victorious arms of Joshua 2, preferred, for the most part, to resign their country rather than forsake their creed. Those of the Hivites

p. 426

of Mount Libanus, who could not hide themselves among their native rocks (and thus fulfil the divine decree of being "left to prove" Israel), carried their religion into the islands of the Archipelago, into Thrace, into Macedonia, into Greece. Their subsequent history is to be found in the fables of mythology, in which the synchronous march of Cadmus to the Hellespont may indicate the retreat of a party of Kadmonites in that direction.

7. EGYPT. Ophiolatreia was never predominant

8. ABYSSINIA. More distinct traces of the state of serpent-worship were left in Æthiopia. On the borders of Abyssinia the serpent is still worshipped by the Shangalla Negroes; but the glory of its overthrow in the more civilized portions of the land of Habesh, is ascribed to nine missionaries of the Christian church of Alexandria.

9. WHIDAH. Equally circumstantial is the narrative of the suppression of Ophiolatreia in Whidah. The fatal blow was given in 1726, by the Dahomeys, who destroyed all the serpents which had been kept for religious purposes.

10. The worshippers of the serpent had as little rest in Europe. The unremitting hostility of the children of the sun is indelibly stamped upon the annals of Grecian fable. The contest of Apollo and Python for the temple of Delphi, was a struggle of the sun-worshippers, for an Ophite sanctuary. One remarkable feature, however, distinguishes the fable. The promise of Paradise finds a singular parallel in the history of Apollo 2: and this very circumstance throws a light upon the cause of the hostility against the serpent. It would appear by the

p. 429

fable that the Zabeans took possession of the Dracontium of Delphi, and substituted their own rites for those of the Ophites. But whether the country was still favourably disposed towards the old religion, or whether the usurpers desired to innovate gradually without too much violence to the prejudices of the votaries of the serpent, they preserved the general form and figure of the temple, together with some of its peculiar customs. The serpentine avenue was therefore only so far disturbed as to admit a central circular temple in honour of the SUN 1; the Pythoness still gave her oracles from the dracontic tripod; and live serpents were still kept in the subterranean recesses. A similar policy was observed by the triumphant children of the sun in other parts of Europe.

11. The idolatry of the serpent lost its integrity in THRACE, MACEDONIA, and EPIRUS, in a more peaceable manner. It gradually subsided into the mysteries of Dionusus. There is a mention of an attempt to unite it with the idolatry of the sun by a reformer whom history has agreed to call "Orpheus." The real meaning

p. 430

of this word is probably, "The oracle of OR." (Or-phi.) OR was the same as the ORUS of the Egyptians, and the UR of the Chaldees; and was a title of the sun taken from his attribute of light.

http://www.sacred-texts.com/etc/wos/wos10.htm

--------------------
"He who controls others maybe powerful, but he who has mastered himself is mightier still.” - Lao Tsu

Report Spam   Logged
Felecia
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #507 on: August 03, 2008, 10:17:38 pm »

Aphrodite

Member # 2573

Member Rated:
   posted 05-14-2006 12:14 AM                       
Bumping this up to see if any of the newer members have anything to add to this. Some of you seem quite evil.

(Not joking either, by the way)

Sad
--------------------

Report Spam   Logged
Felecia
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #508 on: August 03, 2008, 10:17:51 pm »

Jennifer O'Dell

Member # 2239

Member Rated:
   posted 05-14-2006 02:29 AM                       
This topic...it's evil...
Report Spam   Logged
Felecia
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #509 on: August 03, 2008, 10:18:03 pm »

Jennifer O'Dell

Member # 2239

Member Rated:
   posted 05-14-2006 02:31 AM                       
We haven't seen Unknown around here in a longggg time.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: