Atlantis Online
December 01, 2021, 12:56:58 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: USA showered by a watery comet ~11,000 years ago, ending the Golden Age of man in America
http://dsc.discovery.com/news/briefs/20050926/mammoth_02.html

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Gore: I'd only consider White House bid

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Gore: I'd only consider White House bid  (Read 62 times)
Adrienne
Superhero Member

« on: December 10, 2007, 03:54:13 pm »

December 10, 2007
Gore: I'd only consider White House bid

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/

Watch Gore discuss the White House race and his own political future.
WASHINGTON (CNN) Former Vice President Al Gore denied again that there were any campaign plans in his immediate future, but told CNN Monday that he hadn't "ruled out getting back into the political process at some point" and that if he did return to political life, it would be to take another shot at the White House.

The Nobel Peace Prize laureate, speaking from the Oslo site of Monday's awards ceremony, told CNN's Jonathan Mann that he didn't expect to ever get back in the political process, but that "if I did get back, it would be as a candidate for president."

He did not endorse any of the current Democratic candidates for president, and did not respond directly to a question about his view of New York Sen. Hillary Clinton's environmental policy proposals.

He added that "the political system as it now operates makes it very difficult" for any of the current crop of candidates to make climate change issues a top priority.

Gore's political future has been the object of intense speculation since he received an Academy Award earlier this year for his documentary, "An Inconvenient Truth." Another White House bid would be the third for the former vice president, who also ran in 1988 and 2000.

CNN's Rebecca Sinderbrand
Report Spam   Logged

"In a monarchy, the king is law, in a democracy, the law is king."
-Thomas Paine

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: