Atlantis Online
August 16, 2022, 01:38:15 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Giant crater may lie under Antarctic ice
http://space.newscientist.com/article/dn9268

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Plato's Atlantis My Theory

Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 ... 141   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Plato's Atlantis My Theory  (Read 73603 times)
Mario Dantas
Superhero Member

« Reply #435 on: November 09, 2007, 02:34:08 pm »

Rockessence,

I will tell you what my daughter Sofia (7 years) and my niece Iris (5 years) saw first, they are less "biased" than us. As no one wants to look at them long enough, i can't help to ask for a second opinion, so i just got two "previewers" with good results.

They told they saw a frightened little monkey, whose hands were tied up and also the ears had been clipped or something. They insisted that his eyes were wide open. At least this is what i managed to interpret from their speech.
They told me also that below the face there seemed to be organs linked together, (like an Anatomic cut) my father is a Cardiologist who is trying to make them follow his carrer and have plenty of books about kidneys, heart, etc... and so they know that much.

http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/caboverdian/TheIsland03/photo#5125844658224576722

I, for one, thought that the "little monkey" was handling something (there is a sort of keyboard), also there are only three fingers on each hand. Which is several times repeated in other images (if you want me to link some, with Qoais permission, of course). They also appear to have "intravenous" liasons?

I don't think you ask about their artistic level? I think that is another thing.
Anyways, what i can tell you is that there are not many pictures like this, they look like modern Stern's jewelery for their complexity and simplicity. Also there is the climatic aspect:

- Lions and other tropical animals are depicted in fighting with one another, as a normal daily "scene". Those who made these artifacts must have lived in "paradise".

but tell me your opinion, i keep saying this, i could not see everything.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Regarding this  particular image

http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/caboverdian/TheIsland03/photo#5128404059301034738

I think a sculptor cannot portray anything unless he's there to witnesss. That is a perfect "solo".

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[...]Zion appears 154 times in the Tanakh (Hebrew Old Testament). Some examples from the book of Psalms, which have been frequently recited and memorized by Jews for centuries, state:

* "By the rivers of Babylon we sat down and wept when we remembered Zion." (Psalms 137:1)

* "For there they that carried us away captive required of us a song; and they that wasted us required of us mirth, saying, Sing us one of the songs of Zion. How shall we sing the Lord's song in a strange land?  (Psalms 137:3-8) (King James Version, with italics for words not in the original Hebrew)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[...] Zion (Hebrew: צִיּוֹן, tziyyon; Tiberian vocalization: tsiyyn; transliterated Zion or Sion) is a term that most often designates the Land of Israel and its capital, Jerusalem. The word is found in texts dating back almost three millennia. It originally referred to a specific mountain near Jerusalem (Mount Zion), on which stood a Jebusite fortress of the same name that was conquered by David and was named the City of David.

Zion came to designate the area of Jerusalem where the fortress stood, and later became a metonym for Solomon's Temple in Jerusalem, the city of Jerusalem and the entire Promised Land to come, in which, according to the Hebrew Bible, God dwells among his chosen people.[...]

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[...]For Rastafarians, Zion is to be found in Africa, and more specifically in Ethiopia, where the term is also in use. Some Rastas believe themselves to represent the Children of Israel in modern times, and their goal is to repatriate to Africa, or to Zion. Rasta reggae is peppered with references to Zion; among the best-known examples are the Bob Marley songs '"Zion Train," "Iron Lion Zion,"[...]

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Zion
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Please have in mind that all of this is speculative?

regards,
mario
« Last Edit: November 09, 2007, 03:22:06 pm by Mario Dantas » Report Spam   Logged

Qoais
Superhero Member

« Reply #436 on: November 09, 2007, 03:24:56 pm »

I'm sure most everyone knows what this picture is.  It's an old-fashioned soldering gun.  (I haven't polished it for quite a long time!)

I've posted the picture to help explain a little bit about soft metal working.  I'm no expert that's for sure.

The bottom "cup" or container holds the fuel - whether it be kerosene, stove oil, whale oil or whatever one had to hand.  After you put the fuel in, you "pressurize" the contents by pumping that handle up and down, that's on top of the filler hole.  Much like the kerosene lamps that had the "filament" light instead of a wick.  The "tap" on the left adjusts the flow of fuel.  You open the tap, light the gas that is being released (very much like an oxy./acet. welder) and you heat the soldering rod in the flame.  The soldering rod in the picture is mounted in brackets on top of the unit.

Gold is a very soft metal, and melts easily.  It would not surprise me that the Bok people had something similar in which to heat the gold and work it. 

The second method, of working gold, is of course the electroplating, which does not take much of a charge.  However, with electroplating, one does need the proper chemicals to treat the base metal with first.  (I can't remember what they are).  It is very important to have the base metal spotlessly clean before the chemicals are applied.  Then, the finished product must be polished at a high speed, or mega-hours of hand polishing.

Another method, is dipping, wherein you have your original art work, you melt the gold, and then dip the piece into it.  (You do have to have a container that will hold the hot gold of course - like a cast iron kettle or pot) The article may have to be dipped more than once to get an overall covering.  One can also pour gold, which is great for flat objects, but not for such things as bracelets that need to be worked.
Report Spam   Logged

An open-minded view of the past allows for an unprejudiced glimpse into the future.

Logic rules.

"Intellectual brilliance is no guarantee against being dead wrong."
Qoais
Superhero Member

« Reply #437 on: November 09, 2007, 03:37:06 pm »

At first glance, it does look like a little monkey.  But if you look hard at the face, it looks like this being is wearing a helmut.  It makes a heart shape, from the nose, up around the eyes and then down to the chin.  The mouth looks human and the jaw line does not look like the jaw line of a monkey.  Altho there appears to only be 3 fingers, they do like they're manipulating something.  Around the shoulders I see a cape-like article that could be part of - oh I hate to say it Smiley - an astronaut suit.  The "pilot" is connected to his machine via his helmut.  The complex patterns in front of him/her could be the control panel.  You will notice that this being has the human thingy - can't think what it's called - that little valley between the nose and lip.  Two little ridges that form a valley in between.  If you look at the left eye, that would be the eye on your right as you're looking at the picture, it seems to me that I see a "soft" look there.  In my opinion - take that helmut off, and I think you'd see a very attractive being with a lovely round face and large expressive eyes, and lips like Marilyn Monroe made famous.  If you look closely on the right side, you will actually see a 4th finger.  If you position your hand the same way, in other words, curl your fingers until all the tips are touching each other, you won't see your baby finger. 
« Last Edit: November 09, 2007, 03:55:50 pm by Qoais » Report Spam   Logged

An open-minded view of the past allows for an unprejudiced glimpse into the future.

Logic rules.

Mario Dantas
Superhero Member

« Reply #438 on: November 09, 2007, 04:08:37 pm »

I can see that. Do you also see the dark spots? near the ears? they seem to have been "worked" electrically. There are many such examples. Since you mentioned it, soldering is not an easy task:

[...]

Soldering issues

Soldering gold-plated parts can be tricky.

Gold is soluble in solder. Solder which contains more than 5% gold can become brittle. The joint surface is dull-looking.

Gold reacts with both tin and lead in their liquid state, forming brittle intermetallics. When eutectic 63% Sn - 37% Pb solder is used, no lead-gold compounds are formed, because gold preferentially reacts with tin, forming the AuSn4 compound. Particles of AuSn4 disperse in the solder matrix, forming preferential cleavage planes, significantly lowering the mechanical strength and therefore reliability of the resulting solder joints.

If the gold layer does not completely dissolve into the solder, then slow intermetallic reactions can proceed in the solid state as the tin and gold atoms cross-migrate. Intermetallics have poor electrical conductivity and low strength. The ongoing intermetallic reactions also cause Kirkendall voiding, leading to mechanical failure of the joint, similar to the degradation of gold-aluminum bonds known as purple plague.

A 2-3 m layer of gold dissolves completely within one second during typical wave soldering conditions. [1] Layers of gold thinner than 0.5m (20 microinches) also dissolve completely into the solder, exposing the underlying metal (usually nickel) to the solder. Impurities in the nickel layer can prevent the solder from bonding to it. Electroless nickel plating contains phosphorus. Nickel with more than 8% phosphorus is not solderable. Electrodeposited nickel may contain nickel hydroxide. An acid bath is required to remove the passivation layer before applying the gold layer; improper cleaning leads to a nickel surface difficult to solder. A stronger flux can help, as it aids dissolving the oxide deposits. Carbon is another nickel contaminant that hinders solderability.[...]

Gold plating
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Report Spam   Logged

Qoais
Superhero Member

« Reply #439 on: November 09, 2007, 04:24:26 pm »

Gold IS extremely hard to solder and isn't a preferable method at all of working with gold.  Electroplating would be easier, IF you have the right chemicals to treat the base metal with.  Today we have powder coating, which is paint in powder form, spray on the piece, and then baked at extremely high temperatures.  I don't know if that would work with gold powder, altho I don't see why not.  Gold powder would not take such a high heat.
Report Spam   Logged

Logic rules.

Qoais
Superhero Member

« Reply #440 on: November 09, 2007, 11:38:50 pm »

I have copied this from the thread Viking Ships:

If you look in the very centre of the thing, you will see a "stylized square", that looks much like the picture in the first link of Mario's previous post.

Also, in amongst his pictures, I'm sure I saw also, that stylized cross.
Report Spam   Logged

Logic rules.

rockessence
Superhero Member

Using rocks and minerals to heal the earth and us.

« Reply #441 on: November 09, 2007, 11:43:50 pm »

And again, the two serpents!
Report Spam   Logged

ILLIGITIMI NON CARBORUNDUM

Thus ye may find in thy mental and spiritual self, ye can make thyself just as happy or just as miserable as ye like. How miserable do ye want to be?......For you GROW to heaven, you don't GO to heaven. It is within thine own conscience that ye grow there.

Edgar Cayce
Qoais
Superhero Member

« Reply #442 on: November 10, 2007, 12:05:30 am »

The designs could be personal insignias, especially fancifull for someone of wealth.  In one of the pictures in the thread Viking Ships, we see that each shield has a different design also.
Report Spam   Logged

Logic rules.

rockessence
Superhero Member

« Reply #443 on: November 10, 2007, 01:05:07 am »

To a certain extent I might agree...

However:

We cannot tell this from the pictures as the earliest representation is from the last century, which is seemingly WAY too recent to be of great value in that regard.

I just found both your responses above to my question about the gold "monkey"...  I was so startled when I saw it..... It could be simply a souvineir pet brought back from a long voyage... or as I first thought when I saw it,

The Bock saga tells that the father of Frej and Freja was a "monki" or "apa" !
« Last Edit: November 10, 2007, 01:17:21 am by rockessence » Report Spam   Logged

Thus ye may find in thy mental and spiritual self, ye can make thyself just as happy or just as miserable as ye like. How miserable do ye want to be?......For you GROW to heaven, you don't GO to heaven. It is within thine own conscience that ye grow there.

Edgar Cayce
Mario Dantas
Superhero Member

« Reply #444 on: November 10, 2007, 04:11:18 am »

-Do you know how old can they be?

-Are they from the same period? Why one cannot find information regarding this subject (don't even know their size or anything)?

-Do you think people might be covering this up?

-Where can be found specific information about it? Do you know what other people think of it?

Sorry for all the questions.

regards,
mario
Report Spam   Logged

rockessence
Superhero Member

« Reply #445 on: November 10, 2007, 05:00:23 am »

-Do you know how old can they be?

-Are they from the same period? Why one cannot find information regarding this subject (don't even know their size or anything)?

-Do you think people might be covering this up?

-Where can be found specific information about it? Do you know what other people think of it?

Sorry for all the questions.

regards,
mario

OK now I'm confused... please explain your questions more clearly.
Report Spam   Logged

Edgar Cayce
Mario Dantas
Superhero Member

« Reply #446 on: November 10, 2007, 05:22:51 am »

I haven't found any information regarding these "pieces". Do you know anything about them?

« Last Edit: November 10, 2007, 07:50:42 am by Mario Dantas » Report Spam   Logged

Mario Dantas
Superhero Member

« Reply #447 on: November 10, 2007, 06:48:09 am »

The Age of the pieces are very important. Don't you think? The only things i know are the images themselves. 
Report Spam   Logged

Mario Dantas
Superhero Member

« Reply #448 on: November 10, 2007, 08:21:26 am »

just a story i remembered:

In our Island (Santiago) there were once many small monkeys that damaged banana plantations, so people started chasing them, (nowadays they are almost extinct).
There was this man that used to go out with a riffle and shoot these animals, but one day, he told us, when he was aiming at a monkey on a tree, the monkey looked straight at him, and grabbed her new born baby and raised it high, for him to see. he said he felt that the monkey was so human, that he never killed them any more.

regards
mario
« Last Edit: November 11, 2007, 09:21:14 am by Mario Dantas » Report Spam   Logged

Mario Dantas
Superhero Member

« Reply #449 on: November 10, 2007, 08:42:34 am »

Sorry Qoais, but i couldn't help it.

http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/caboverdian/TheIsland03/photo#5128450492192472370

Doesn't this look like a highly fashioned tap? look along the body of the "cat" and you will notice a middle water tap. and two exits (hot/cold?).

Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 ... 141   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: