Atlantis Online
July 02, 2022, 11:57:56 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Scientists Confirm Historic Massive Flood in Climate Change
http://www.giss.nasa.gov/research/news/20060228/

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Plato's Atlantis My Theory

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 ... 141   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Plato's Atlantis My Theory  (Read 70122 times)
Qoais
Superhero Member

« Reply #375 on: October 29, 2007, 02:02:53 am »

Cayce talks about a time when he was Ra-Ta the priest in Egypt.  He had been in exile but he was brought back because he "understood the Atlanteans".  He could communicate with them.  Therefore, I am assuming that the other gods, chose a different language, but that the priest Ra-Ta knew that language.  He also says he was looked upon as strange because of his body shape. 
Report Spam   Logged

An open-minded view of the past allows for an unprejudiced glimpse into the future.

Logic rules.

"Intellectual brilliance is no guarantee against being dead wrong."
Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #376 on: October 29, 2007, 08:44:23 am »

I agree, Q.

I have been saying that Atlantis colonized the rest of the world from the Atlantic, forever.....
That's the reason for the similarities everywhere.  Too bad that people focus only on the
CAPITAL city.....

Let's face it, Rome did exactly the same with the PAX Romana:  wherever the Romans went,
they built the same amphitheaters, fora etc. that they had in the CITY of Rome.  Yet these
cities were never ROME.......
« Last Edit: October 29, 2007, 12:12:48 pm by Bianca2001 » Report Spam   Logged

Your mind understands what you have been taught; your heart what is true.
BlueHue
Superhero Member

il mio va Piano, sono Asino ?

« Reply #377 on: October 29, 2007, 12:07:50 pm »

Yikes!  I just had a brainwave.  I have to find a map.  Hang on a bit.
Yikes!  I just had a brainwave.  I have to find a map.  Hang on a bit.
Report Spam   Logged

( Blue's)THEORY, locating"original" Atlantis( in Aden-Yemen.)
1: ATLANTIS =Fake=Latin name, original Greek: ATHE(=a Region in Aden)
2: Atlantic-OCEAN=Greek: RIVER-of-Atlas+also" Known "World-OCEAN(=Red-Sea)
3: Greek-obsolete-Numeral 'X' caused Plato's Atlantisdate:9000=900
rockessence
Superhero Member

Using rocks and minerals to heal the earth and us.

« Reply #378 on: October 29, 2007, 01:29:18 pm »

B,

RE: "wherever the Romans went,
they built the same amphitheaters, fora etc. that they had in the CITY of Rome.  Yet these cities were never ROME....... "

I feel the same relates to the building of temples styled as the Parthenon.... all of them of the dimentions based on a formula that is still exactly used up into the last centuries in Scandinavia.... in wood.   Why that shape and dimention in STONE?.... because it is a copy of a more ancient form done in WOOD.  In stone it makes no sense to come up with that original design.   And they were all FIRST  done for temples... with the columns replicating the trunks of trees.... being encircled within a grove.

Report Spam   Logged

ILLIGITIMI NON CARBORUNDUM

Thus ye may find in thy mental and spiritual self, ye can make thyself just as happy or just as miserable as ye like. How miserable do ye want to be?......For you GROW to heaven, you don't GO to heaven. It is within thine own conscience that ye grow there.

Edgar Cayce
Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #379 on: October 29, 2007, 01:38:16 pm »

Yup, 

How about in this country?  Jefferson was so enamored by the Roman Pantheon, that

not only is the U.S. Capitol built in the same manner (check his design in "The Pantheon"
(my post).  But also his own home....

Have you ever been to Monticello, Va?

Oh, yes, the University of Virginia, too....

Furthermore Washington,. D.C. is a mixture of Graeco-Roman architecture.

I lived in that area for almost 20 years and I love it only second to Rome, itself.

ROCKESSENCE:

"Why that shape and dimention in STONE?.... because it is a copy of a more ancient form done in WOOD.  In stone it makes no sense to come up with that original design.   And they were all FIRST  done for temples... with the columns replicating the trunks of trees.... being encircled within a grove."

Definitely!!!

They used whatever was most abundant in their environment.

Also, the Romans copied the Greeks in architecture. 

Their talents lay 'elsewhere', ah!

Don't have much respect for "Imperial Rome", you know.....

b
« Last Edit: October 29, 2007, 01:53:52 pm by Bianca2001 » Report Spam   Logged

Qoais
Superhero Member

« Reply #380 on: October 29, 2007, 04:34:19 pm »

Hi Peoples
I know the theory has always been that the world was populated and colonized by the Atlanteans, from out in the Atlantic.  I rather figured also, that pretty much everything that was built, was a copy of an original.  Even the Bok Saga mentions that the cities were "rings" and the sound system is a "ring" or sound.

Since I think Plato's story is not in chronological order, but that is a TRUE story, received from the ones who actually were in possession of the story we just have to find the time frame.   If the time frame he is referring to back and forth in his story, is when Africa broke away from the mainland and was in the middle of the ocean, then the geographic description is excellent for the location of the country of Posidion - Atlantis.  Plato says "in the beginning - the Atlanteans were spiritual".   Cayce does too, but now that we have more knowledge of the "beginning", we have to assume this WAS back when the earth was forming.  Plato himself did not know how long in the past  the story was referring to.  Wherever the Temple City was built, it could be on any of the pieces of land that broke up, or it could be in the bottom of the ocean.  Personally, I don't see where people get the idea that it was just the city that was inundated.  Plato says the Athenian Army was sucked up into the earth, and in like manner Atlantis sunk in the ocean.  By "like manner" it would mean via the same cataclysm.  Being buried in a mud slide is a tad different that drowning in the ocean.  In "like manner" could just mean in a "similar" manner, in that the army and Atlantis both went "down". 
Report Spam   Logged

An open-minded view of the past allows for an unprejudiced glimpse into the future.

Logic rules.

Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #381 on: October 29, 2007, 05:20:26 pm »

QUOTE:

'Personally, I don't see where people get the idea that it was just the city that was inundated.  Plato says the Athenian Army was sucked up into the earth, and in like manner Atlantis sunk in the ocean.  By "like manner" it would mean via the same cataclysm.  Being buried in a mud slide is a tad different that drowning in the ocean.  In "like manner" could just mean in a "similar" manner, in that the army and Atlantis both went "down"."

I agree with you, Q.

But the more I learn, the more I become convinced that the END was caused by NUCLEAR
means.

Either intentional (by an enemy) or by accident.

I lean more on the ACCIDENT.
Report Spam   Logged

Qoais
Superhero Member

« Reply #382 on: October 29, 2007, 05:52:04 pm »

Hi B
I've been thinking about that too.  I doubt that it was accidental tho.  Cayce tells about how the Sons of Belial were warned that what they were doing would mean destruction.  In the Vedas also, it seems like the "gods" were having a deliberate nuclear war. 

Plato's story doesn't tell about the other gods that had divvied up the world amongst themselves.  We only have the histories that have come down to us, mainly the GREEK histories, which according to Plato, are infantile that talk about "gods".  Or like say, the Scandinavian "gods".  I suspect that these are decendants of the "first" spiritual creatures that entered here, or  what we would call "clones".  So we don't really know what the other "gods" were up to while the Atlantians, Posidion's tribe, were busy nuking things and breaking up the land.  Perhaps, if the Atlanteans had left well enough alone, the land masses of the earth would still be a Pangea, all one. 
Scientists have so many theories.  We have plate tectonics, and we have the theory that the outer crust is floating on an inner liquid ball.  Fine.  If the outer crust is floating, then the whole crust would float in the same direction.  The land would still all be one piece.  The only way so far, that we have of explaining how the earth formed is a guess by the scientists, and Cayce's say so.  Perhaps, when Africa broke away from the central land mass, THAT mass was called Atlantis still because it MAY have had the royal city on it.  But Plato also says that the sons of Posidion had lands.  We don't know what all those lands were called.  But we are assuming that the portion that Plato refers to that sunk, kept the original name possibly because it DID have the Royal city on it and it was the original location of Clieto and her family.  He also says the way was blocked for "those" who sailed there.  Not necessarily meaning that people of the Med sailed there.  Plato talks about war, and the priest tells him that ancient Athens was set up much like Plato's idea of a perfect society.  But there are no details of the war itself.  There's no saying how many were in the war, if it was cavalry, or navy or what.  War-like men?Huh  It is mentioned that each portion of land had to contribute to the army, but not how many of those were actually in this war.  (Like - how many dead people are in the cemetary?   ALL of them)  How many is ALL?

Regarding the different languages, we have the story of the Tower of Babel and how all the languages were confused.  I have a hard time believing that some dude waved a magic wand and instantly the people couldn't understand each other.  Unless the "people" were actually constructs like an android, but so advanced as to look human, possibly even to pro-create but they must have still been hard wired and someone turned the dial.  Or they were human and had implants.
Report Spam   Logged

Logic rules.

Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #383 on: October 29, 2007, 06:16:03 pm »

Q.,

Contrary to Plato's opinion, the enemy that the Atlantians were at war with were not
the Athenians, but the Hindus.

Of course, the Athenians would think they were the enemy, they probably were never
aware of the Hindus.  Or maybe that part was intentional.  They felt too important to
admit it, after all, they were the survivors.  They were the ones to tell the tale.  And the
Egyptian priests were too far away to contradict them.......

If there was any altering of the tale, the blame falls on Solon, not Plato.

For the Atlantians, the nuclear power was generated by the crystal/crystals.  Something
happened THERE  that caused the cataclysm.  It was self-inflicted.  Don't ask me how
I know, I don't remember.  I just know I was there when it happened, in the Control Room.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2007, 09:40:54 am by Bianca2001 » Report Spam   Logged

Qoais
Superhero Member

« Reply #384 on: October 29, 2007, 07:03:03 pm »

Hi B
I used to figure that the Athenians part was for the value of the story for the Greeks.  In other words, Plato just made a substitution for the celebration of the goddess.  I wonder what Solon would have written, had he finished his poems?  There is nothing in the Athenian history that indicates THEY had advanced technology. 

It would not surprise me in the least, that the Atlanteans were fighting the Hindus.  So far, they're the only ones we know of that had the equal technology.  The Athenians, if involved at all, may have been caught in the cross-fire.  I've said it before, that altho Plato's story is true, it's not the whole truth and nothing but the truth.  I think the Vedas are a bit more truthful.  They didn't takes "sides" other than to explain who was revered more than whom.  To them ALL the gods were to be revered, but some were definitely "favorites". 

I agree with you that the cataclysm was self inflicted.  I mean if you see you're losing a war, you're going to give it everything you have left to take as many of the enemy with you as you can.  For all we know, the Hindus could have had control of "Europe as far as Athens and Asia as far as Egypt".  The Atlanteans had control of the area west of that, and maybe they were fighting over control of ATHENS AND EGYPT.  Not that the Egyptians and Athenians were fighting themselves.  Plato mentions nothing about the Egyptians being involved in this war. 

Report Spam   Logged

Logic rules.

Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #385 on: October 29, 2007, 07:15:29 pm »

I got this horrible feeling, AGAIN, of

D E J A'   V U
Report Spam   Logged

Qoais
Superhero Member

« Reply #386 on: October 29, 2007, 07:41:34 pm »

When did you get this "feeling"?  Were you reading about this war, talking about this war, what?
Report Spam   Logged

Logic rules.

Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #387 on: October 29, 2007, 08:37:30 pm »

A long time now.  It's like I hear this voice in my head:  THINGS HAVE GONE TOO FAR.....

Of course, I'll never forget your posting part of the Cave of the Ancients, that first time.

That resonated with me so deeply, I almost went into a trance, it took me a while to shake

myself out of it.

Do you have any grandchildren, yet?

I worry myself sick over what the future holds for mine and others'.....
Report Spam   Logged

Qoais
Superhero Member

« Reply #388 on: October 29, 2007, 10:43:57 pm »

Hi B - you're not going skitzoid on us are you  Grin Hearing voices and stuff?

I have two grandchildren, both special needs.  One is borderline Autistic and one is Diabetic.  Don't know what kind of life they can expect, that's for sure.
Report Spam   Logged

Logic rules.

Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #389 on: October 29, 2007, 11:05:22 pm »

quote:

Hi B - you're not going skitzoid on us are you   Hearing voices and stuff?

No, Q.

You're just 'getting to know me'.........

I hear voices and see ghosts.

Wish I was kidding.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 ... 141   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: