Atlantis Online
September 18, 2021, 03:23:56 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Did Humans Colonize the World by Boat?
Research suggests our ancestors traveled the oceans 70,000 years ago
http://discovermagazine.com/2008/jun/20-did-humans-colonize-the-world-by-boat

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Plato's Atlantis My Theory

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 ... 141   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Plato's Atlantis My Theory  (Read 61163 times)
Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #315 on: October 22, 2007, 06:38:43 pm »

Q.

My quest of these matters is so long ago that I have mostly forgotten the details.

First, no offense to anyone, I have never been able to 'get into' the Urantia book.  I first
came across it years ago, when it was a huge, although beautiful looking, tome.   I bought
my own copy not too long ago, just out of curiosity.

My reaction  to it is very much like CTKat's, a real aversion to it, deep in the gut.....And,
frankly, I cannot be bothered finding out why.  It has nothing to do with the person in the
above posts, either, I have only known the "real" person recently.

You missed a great component in your list:

MU/LEMURIA/OG and the Pacific Countries.  It has always been my deep feeling that life did
start there, not Africa.

Cayce says the same thing:  Mu/Lemuria /Og was FIRST.  But he does not go into too much
detail.

The best source for Lemuria/Mu/Og is  Blavatsky and the other Theosophists and, of course.
Churchward...

Let you 'inner knowing' guide you in what to believe......

Until lately, I have studiously avoided the seeding of mankind from other worlds.  Lately,
though, that seems to appear to me more and more likely.
Report Spam   Logged

Your mind understands what you have been taught; your heart what is true.
Qoais
Superhero Member

« Reply #316 on: October 22, 2007, 07:26:51 pm »

Hi B - glad you're back.

The Urantia Book is not for everyone, and I know I drove my husband crazy while I was studying it, but I too, became very "gut oriented" and angry as well, and when I get instantly angry with something, I realize there's something not quite right about it.  It has a lot of information that's possibly true and can help fit bits together, but I think it's the best reverse psycology book out there.  But I started to feal fear and oppression like I do when I'm around people that try to force the Bible down my throat, so I moved on.

If I remember my grade school education, it seems to me that Darwin's theory was that we were amoeba and went thru the stages of evolution, until we stood upright, had five fingers and toes and a jaw that could make speach.

This could also be true, as it could have been the "original" plan all along.  "Life" could have started in a number of places as the earth was forming and warming up, in the quiet still waters of ponds and lagoons.  If we take the Bible literally, the whole world was covered in water in the beginning, and gradually the lands formed as the earth cooled.  I don't know where anyone else is, but coming from the prairies, I found a strange phenomena here in BC.  We are in our wet season now, and when it gets bad enough, there is a little tiny trickle of water that runs thru the basement.  Apparently the builders of this house realized the lay of the land and made the floor slope toward a drain.  If it happens that I've leaned something against the wall and put that little trickle in darkness, it isn't long before I will find a nest of little lizards behind the board leaning on the wall.  They did could not come in fully grown, as this is basically ground water seeping.  I have read somewhere, that you could be out in the desert, where there is nothing.  Build a pond in the ground, and before long you will have lizards.  Conclusion - life is in the water. 

I have no problem with our world being "seeded" from somewhere else.  Life had to START somewhere.  I believe our galaxy is on the outermost fringes of deep space, so to think we were FIRST is wishful thinking.  Maybe the creator has a recipe that he uses when he creates universes and galaxies that has the germs of life already in it, and when finally, all the ingredients are baked and the product cools, the life forms start to take shape.

I haven't read Churchward or Blavatsky.  I had read so much against Blavatsky, that I didn't bother. Will check these two out.
Report Spam   Logged

An open-minded view of the past allows for an unprejudiced glimpse into the future.

Logic rules.

"Intellectual brilliance is no guarantee against being dead wrong."
Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #317 on: October 22, 2007, 08:45:23 pm »

Q.,

If you don't mind me saying so, would you not get more imput if you started a new thread?

You are delving into some pretty HEAVY stuff here, more related to the origin of mankind
than with Atlantis.

You can confer with Europa about this.  She'll be happy to help you (if necessary) name a
new thread, where to best put it and move (or divide) any of the posts you may want to use.
She's very accessible, bright and helpful.

b
Report Spam   Logged

Qoais
Superhero Member

« Reply #318 on: October 22, 2007, 09:47:50 pm »

Thanks for the advice B.  It's not the origins of mankind I was trying to delve into, at least not in a heavy scientific way.  I was trying to take as much as I could from all the information and see if it would "fit" the story of historical Atlantis, based on the premise that there is truth in all those old writings.  I was going to try to correlate the Cayce information, with the Sumerian texts,  to the Bok Saga, to other ancient writings: make comparisons, reference everything etc., and then realized it would just be too big and too much, so I was thinking about a thread something like the one about "add three words" to make a story, but instead of three words, maybe we could all contribute a "piece" or something.

I know I've just blurbed everything out as I thought of it, and I have to admit, that what I blurbed about Cayce's Atlantis and human development, the Bok Saga and the sound system seems feasible to me.  I mean regarding how two lines were evolving side by side until they could cross breed (Posidion and Clieto) and how Posidion was an Atlantean that had evolved far enough to breed with humans (still carrying his great knowledge from when he was a spirit entity), and how creatures like him could feed the people of the Bok Saga to keep them alive.  How, due to retaining his knowledge, he could teach humans how to be humans, and then as time goes by, and a few generations of the cross-breed develop, they use surgery to remove the appendages.  I mean, if you're a fish, and an intelligent one, you'd certainly be able to figure out the sound system of the whales and dolphins, and teach this to people as a "cue" to remember their purpose.  I mean, when it came to me it was so logical and orderly, but by the time I can get my fingers to catch up to my head, it comes out garbled!

So I was thinking I'd start over.  Find a starting point - the Cayce stuff, and then work thru the Bok Saga, etc etc. to collate all the information, showing where I got the info and stuff like that.  But I admit, it's too big for me.  It's the IDEA of it that facinated me I guess.  I'm not quite the researcher you are  Cheesy wish I was, so it would take me a long time.  I guess the point is, that all that information is either here already, or we've been linked to it, and that was MY THEORY that presented itself.  I also find it difficult to get around in here, as it's so big, and by the time I've found what I'm looking for, I forgot what I wanted it for - and ended up with burnt offerings for supper as well! Tongue UGH!

Anyway, I thought , since I can't do time lines for the life of me, we could work up a story somehow, and come down thru the ages.  I mean this whole forum started because people were looking for Atlantis.  Plato brought it's existance to our attention, and Cayce filled in the gaps, but it's possible there's a lot more to it.  I've basically outlined the theory so in a way there's not much to add I guess.

My conclusion is:

Atlantis existed.
It's beginnings were a lot farther back in time than is normally accepted.
That certain spiritual beings entered into the animals, and those that entered into the sea creatures survived all the cataclysms.
That two lines of evolvement took place at the same time, and at a certain point, the two cross bred in an effort to evolve the perfect body.
That while these two lines were developing, the more mentally advanced one, (Those who had also been Atlanteans) went about the world teaching the other ones what it was to be human. (Oannes)  They were preparing for the time of development for the cross breeding.
That they did what they could to help these lesser advanced beings to survive the ice ages and the cataclysms. (Bok Saga) as they knew they needed these lesser creatures for future evolvement.
That the "gods" referred to in the ancient texts, Greek, Biblical, Sumerian, etc., were the advanced Sons of Belial, (Atlanteans) that subected all others to their will.
That after the first perfect humans were finally evolved, they were to go out in the world and multiply as there were a lot of souls waiting for the physical body.
That they were to develop their minds, while keeping the body fit.  The mind is the path back to the Creator, and that is the part of us that we should be exercising the most Cheesy  (Mine's pretty tired right now) 
That we were to develop and grow in technology in ways that would be beneficial to a growing human population in that not only could they be fed, but that they would develop time and energy saving devices so they wouldn't have to just work all day and have no time for mindal for spiritual exercise. 
That we would develop our medicines and science to benefit all, and not pollute mother earth while we're at it.

If the Tibetan Lamas can live a healthy, peaceful, loving existance, there's no reason why the rest of us can't do the same.  But greed and avarice are still with us, and we want the new car, the bigger house, the holiday On the Med. or whatever.  There's no harm at all in having fun and relaxation, but all things in moderation.  We are choking the earth with plastic, we are polluting the air and water with chemicals that will take thousands of years to biodegrade, we are not cutting down the rainforests, we are burning them faster and faster until the land will be a barren desert.  Even the ink in your printer is toxic for heavens sake, and a lot of printers have little fans in them to keep them cool, and if you're sitting beside it all day like in a busy office, well - you won't need supper because you've been eating ink fumes all day.

The time lines - like say - when did the East Indians have Vimanas, or when were the pyramids built in S. America, etc., are all in between the time of Atlantis, and the time of their existance. Then for some reason, these things too, came to pass into oblivion and somehow, we survived until today. 
Report Spam   Logged

An open-minded view of the past allows for an unprejudiced glimpse into the future.

Logic rules.

Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #319 on: October 22, 2007, 10:26:15 pm »

OH, BOY........

THAT'S A LOT, Q.......

I follow you , but I don't have anywhere near information you have, unfortunately.

Just for the heck of it:  What do the Tibetans say about the origins of mankind?

b
Report Spam   Logged

Qoais
Superhero Member

« Reply #320 on: October 22, 2007, 11:09:25 pm »

I don't know B, I don't know that much about Buddhism, other than it's the oldest religion, as far as "modern" religions go.  I wouldn't have a clue as to what the Atlanteans, the Children of Light, would have called their relgion  Grin  IF they actually called it anything, other than the "teachings of the Children of Light". 
« Last Edit: October 22, 2007, 11:14:34 pm by Qoais » Report Spam   Logged

Logic rules.

DDDnD3D

« Reply #321 on: October 23, 2007, 04:56:58 am »

*** Qoais you must read CHURCHWARD ! one of the most underestimated scholars of our time? you know how that goes? ? ? Both you and Bianca are two of the most respected members of this Forum. Your contributions, intellectually questioning and otherwise; are Dazzling all of us. I Know my head is spinning ! When I see the input and dedication you two girls are giving . . . just blows me away ! ! ! I cant imagine a better world without you two? Dont Stop ! Dont Give Up ! Remember even Jesus had his enemies and detractors. Unfortunately nothing has changed for the better in 2000 years. The Roman hierarchy and Jewish Rabbis still vie for control ? So all my love from a fellow maple leaf. [not to be associated with the toronto "losers" hockey team?]       ***nD3*
Report Spam   Logged
Mario Dantas
Superhero Member

« Reply #322 on: October 23, 2007, 05:42:09 am »

Hi Qoais,

This is a quick "translation" i made from a book called " Le dossier Afrique" (from Marabout Universite).  Sekou Toure, Kwame Nkrumah and many others make important statements about the "present" (1962) situation in Africa. Heritage of the Past is the first Chapter of the book and deals namely with :

[...]    The Queen of Saba and the Falachas

The Chamites or Hamites or  even Chamito-Nilotiques form a group relatively less important to which the Tutsi belong. They constitute, in Rwanda and Uganda the Cast of Masters in which are born the Kings and Chiefs. The Tutsi, great land owners, have imposed their power onto the Hutu that since longtime ago have recognized their supremacy. Of great size (frequently more than 1.90 m), they have a long crane, a straight nose and thin lips, which makes them very similar to Egyptians and Ethiopians.
    Ethiopia, word that means literally "the country of the burned faces", has been known with other different names. The Ancient Egyptians called it "Pount" . Archaeologists talk of the Kingdom of Axoum. There is also the name Abyssinia due to the mix of races that dwelt there (this term as become very prejudice in Ethiopia).
    Ethiopia was probably the domain of the Queen of Saba.
Who was this Balkis (or Bilkis), as the Arabs name it,  and the Bible tells that she came to Salomon with the intention of testing his wisdom? Saba is located in the South-West of Arabia, where is today's Yemen. Tradition says that the Queen of Saba was sovereign in Ethiopia. At the beginning of the Century, opinion pointed to the Queen of Saba was originative from Arabia, and would be considered pure fiction the tradition regarding Ethiopia.
   The presence in Yemen of Jew colony dating from the time of Salomon, corroborate this way of seeing things. When doctor J. Faitlovitch, in 1950, was to perform an inquiry in the Falachas colonies, in Ethiopia, where he found the presence of 50 000 black Jews, which pretended their descendants came to Africa in the time of Salomon! Many among lived in the forest and refused to believe there were white Jews.
   The History of the Falachas made Historians reflect. The word Falachas means "stranger". Where did those strangers of mosaic religion that were installed in the South of Ethiopia come from? They call themselves Bieta Israel, which means "house of Israel".  [...]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The point in translating this bit is that it looks now obvious to me, reading your posts and researching on my own too, that something really important occurred in "those" times. An education tuition or instruction might have happened. Who were this people? Who could have teach the Bieta Israel Group, as they say, other than, at least a likewise monotheistic religion group? Why did they go there? Why did they mate?
I have thought that "philologically" (love of words)  Bieta Israel really means "Beta", if this is true who were the Alpha?

Kind Regards

Mario

« Last Edit: October 23, 2007, 08:08:26 am by Mario Dantas » Report Spam   Logged

Tom Hebert
Superhero Member

« Reply #323 on: October 23, 2007, 06:23:15 am »

Hi Qoais,

I feel like I'm on a merry-go-round that has malfunctioned and is now spinning out of control. Even though I'm hanging onto a pole for dear life, I'm about to be thrown off, anyway!

I have only a passing knowledge about about the other sources that you mention, but some of the questions you ask about Cayce would require a whole book to answer.  That's why I keep hoping somebody else has already done the work for me and that is is available on the Internet.

I DO find all of these subjects fascinating and stimulating, but isn't there some way to make them more manageable?  I fell like you are trying to write the entire history of mankind in one thread!  Even the subject of Atlantis is so broad that the moderators have had to break it up into multiple forums and sub-forums.

I know this thread is meant to be your own personal musings, but isn't there some way to break it down a bit?  If not, that's okay.  It's still worthwhile.  Keep up the good work!

Tom

Report Spam   Logged
Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #324 on: October 23, 2007, 07:30:54 am »

Here's a succint article about the BUDDHIST  view of the origin of mankind:

Buddhism generally ignores the question regarding the origin of life.

The Buddha regarding the origin of life has said "Conjecture about [the origin, etc., of] the world is an unconjecturable that is not to be conjectured about, that would bring madness & vexation to anyone who conjectured about it."AN IV.77, and in regard to ignoring the question of the origin of life the Buddha has said "And why are they undeclared by me? Because they are not connected with the goal, are not fundamental to the holy life. They do not lead to disenchantment, dispassion, cessation, calming, direct knowledge, self-awakening, Unbinding. That's why they are undeclared by me." MN 63.

The Buddha also compared the question of the origin of life - as well as many other metaphysical questions - to the parable of the poison arrow: a man is shot with a poison arrow, but before the doctor pulls it out, he wants to know who shot it (arguing the existence of God), where the arrow came from (where the universe and/or God came from) why that person shot it (why God created the universe), etc. If the man keeps asking these questions before the arrow is pulled out, the Buddha reasoned, he will die before he gets the answers.

Buddhism is less concerned with answering questions like the origin of life, and more concerned with the goal of saving oneself and other beings from suffering by attaining Enlightenment, or Nirvana.

However, the esoteric Buddhist teaching, the Kalachakra Tantra, deals with the formation and functioning of reality. Modern day Buddhists such as the Dalai Lama don't perceive a conflict between Buddhism and science and consider they are complementary means of understanding the world around us.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Origin_belief
« Last Edit: October 23, 2007, 07:33:33 am by Bianca2001 » Report Spam   Logged

DDDnD3D

« Reply #325 on: October 23, 2007, 07:52:54 am »

*** Ive been reluctant to post this. It came to me months ago! I wrote it down in less than 2 minutes ? Literally this profound Truth came thru me for the obvious reasons necessary for those who dare to trespass. You can call it Channeling or Divine Intervention or whatever you want? But this is what came to me as an artist one night in a deep moment of contemplation and asking God for direction and Trvth. NOW I feel its the appropriate time to introduce this Profound and Divine statement. As Im doing this from a cell phone in my travels and dont have the means to post this statement in all the appropriate sections/topics can someone please do that for me [please] ? Ill type the entire poem/prose/parable/prophecy in CAPITAL LETTERS to accentuate the actual truth and channeling of the message. Here it is !       copyright courtesy of symynyshyn shellstar systyms 2006.
Report Spam   Logged
Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #326 on: October 23, 2007, 08:59:12 am »

3D,

I can't find it.  Be more specific, please.

b
Report Spam   Logged

Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #327 on: October 23, 2007, 09:02:20 am »

3D,

IS THIS YOU?

Paros Arts: Don’s Olympic Sculptures

by Karen Barratt, December 1999

Don Symynyshyn arrived on Paros as a backpacker in 1974 when he spent five days on a deserted Pounda beach (near Logaras) long before the beach clubs took it over, and walked a lonely Golden Beach (Chrissi Akti) in August - nobody was there except a few ‘hippies’ living in bamboo huts. On his return to Canada he graduated as an Associate of the Ontario College of Art and became fascinated with the medium of marble - Parian marble in particular as used by the classical sculptors.

He worked all hours and saved enough money to return to Paros in 1979, staying until 1981 carving marble on the beach with basic tools that had changed little since the classical period.

He preferred working in public places to a studio so, during the years that followed, as well as spending a lot of time working on the beaches of Paros he worked on the streets of Toronto, and on the boardwalks and beaches of California. In this way he sought to educate people by showing them how his pieces evolved from a rough piece of stone to something of beauty.

His latest important project began obscurely as a triangular piece of marble which he thought would produce a good windsurfing trophy. However, as he began to work on the stone, a story evolved in his mind which he describes as a whole new mythology, starring a new mythological character called ‘The Goddess of Fire’.

He proposes to create a series of twelve ‘Olympic Flame’ sculptures for the 2004 Olympics in Athens, which he hopes will be housed in a permanent collection to memorialise the games. Each flame will represent gods and goddesses of a whole ‘new mythology’ and a continuation of classical Greek mythology.

Don tells us: “As each flame evolves in the marble a story is unfolding and flowing into the next chapter and the next flame. Like holograms from the past - visual messages embedded in the stones of the earth by a race of superior beings of the far distant past. The particularly high translucency of Paros marble makes it capable of capturing and retaining more vivid images than most other materials on this planet!”

He says: “The concept of a flame in marble has been in the back of my mind for quite a while now. The idea has been on the drawing board for at least nine years. In August 1996 on Golden Beach, I started carving a long slender piece of marble resembling a candleflame standing upright (approx. 1m high) and gently flickering. Within the flame I visualised the entwined figures of a mermaid and dolphin. As I worked on it, an amazing story began to reveal itself to me and I felt compelled to write it down. Sometime during the beginning stages of this ‘Flame Dolphin Mermaid’ concept, Athens was officially announced as the home of the 2004 Summer Olympics and this piece became ‘The Olympic Flame’.

“The basic story of my new mythology is this . .

“Olympic Flame #1 - The Conception of Aphrodite: An angel comes down into the sea and makes love with a dolphin. In the love-making process, the angel’s wings are transformed into a mermaid’s tail. From this union Aphrodite is born and the dolphin’s smile is the secret of the mermaid.

“Olympic Flame #2 - The Goddess of Fire: The angel now confined to the body of a mermaid transforms from the sea into air and inhabits the sail of a windsurfer as the Wind Goddess. But, in order to achieve longevity, she enters the Flame and becomes “The Goddess of Fire” and Olympic Flame #2.

“A proposal for Olympic Flame #2 is to present this sculpture as a trophy to the top female athlete of the 2004 Olympics who would keep it for a time before it was returned to be displayed as part of the twelve flames.”

The first two pieces are now at a stage where Don needs a studio and machinery in order to finish them. If you are interested in sponsoring him or know of a studio he can use to complete his project, you can contact him though Nicolas at the Wired Café in Paroikia who is in the process of putting Don’s ideas, designs and sculptures on the Internet. The sculptures will be 3-dimensional so you can watch how his project is progressing.

http://www.paroslife.com/story.html?story=995&issue=22
« Last Edit: October 23, 2007, 09:03:14 am by Bianca2001 » Report Spam   Logged

DDDnD3D

« Reply #328 on: October 23, 2007, 09:19:46 am »

***THE TRUTH BEHIND THE URANTIA BOOK*** BACK IN THE 30s & 40s A GROUP OF PROFESSIONALS OF VARIOUS FIELDS GATHERED TOGETHER & DECIDED TO COMPOSE A HISTORY OF THE EARTH FROM A SCIENTIFIC & THEOLOGICAL POINT OF VIEW. THIS GROUP WAS COMPOSED OF EXPERTS OF HISTORY. . . THEOLOGY. . . ARCHAEOLOGY. . . GEOLOGY. . . GEOGRAPHY. . . ASTRONOMY. . . MATHEMATHICS & SO FORTH. THEIR AIM WAS TO LOGISTICALLY EXPLAIN THE BEGINNINGS OF THE UNIVERSE & THE BEGINNINGS OF MAN ON EARTH. THEIR IDEA WAS TO COMBINE SPIRITUAL TEACHINGS WITH SCIENTIFIC FOUNDATIONS. THEY DECIDED TO TREAT THIS MANIFESTO AS THE PRODUCT OF ONE BEING . . . A SIMPLETON . . . THAT CHANNELED INFORMATION FROM THE GREAT BEYOND ! IN THEIR INGENUITY & DECEPTION THEY EMPLOYED THE PSYCHICS & SCIENCE FICTION WRITERS OF THE TIME TO FORMULATE A GRAND SCHEME THAT WOULD FASCINATE THE MASONS & SCHOLARS OF THE TIME & WOULD BE THE SPARK THAT TRIGGERED THE CONCEPT OF THE ILLUMANATI.       copyright by symynyshyn & shellstar systyms 2006       ****D3D   c.
Report Spam   Logged
Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #329 on: October 23, 2007, 10:31:21 am »

That's just about what I figured, too.

Also explains the "creation" of other so-called GREAT RELIGIONS.

MANIPULATION OF THE MASSES.

b
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 ... 141   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: