Atlantis Online
August 15, 2022, 08:54:53 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Satellite images 'show Atlantis'
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/3766863.stm

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Plato's Atlantis My Theory

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... 141   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Plato's Atlantis My Theory  (Read 73603 times)
Qoais
Superhero Member

« Reply #345 on: October 24, 2007, 05:33:50 pm »

I know some people will say, if we all came from Atlanteans, how is that we speak different languages?  Well, I would imagine altho I'm not a scientist, that as humans were developing, sounds did not come easy at first.  Nor second or third!!!  Even when I was a kid, we could take French (it was optional then) and I had to quit because I just couldn't make the sounds of the French language.  Nor any other language, even to this day.  I do so envy people who can speak more than one language.  So, it's possible that when spoken language was being taught, however the indiginous people managed to say a word, that became the word.  Also, not all Atlanteans had entered into sea creatures.  In the beginning, I imagine these trapped entities could communicate telepathically, but when they had to make sounds, they would sound like the animal they were trapped in.  So if an exodus of Atlanteans that were originally trapped in a certain animal taught the evolving humans their way, and another taught their way, the words would all sound different.  We learn our language as infants from repeating the sounds of our parents.  If we're lucky, we live in a place where more than one language is spoken and we learn that too.  Much easier to learn when you're really young.  I actually had French kids for friends when I was in my pre-teens, but never learned a word of the language.  Other than Oui! Just wasn't meant to be I guess. 

Even after the great cataclysm, there were pockets of humanity that survived, and even their language would evolve over time.  Even amongst the same people, different dialects develop, so it's not too inconceivable to understand why we speak different languages.
Report Spam   Logged

An open-minded view of the past allows for an unprejudiced glimpse into the future.

Logic rules.

"Intellectual brilliance is no guarantee against being dead wrong."
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... 141   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: