Atlantis Online
October 18, 2021, 02:33:35 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Scientists Confirm Historic Massive Flood in Climate Change
http://www.giss.nasa.gov/research/news/20060228/

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

An Inconvenient Truth Nominated for an Academy Award

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: An Inconvenient Truth Nominated for an Academy Award  (Read 222 times)
19Merlin69

« on: April 09, 2007, 09:34:05 pm »

Utopia...  Wouldn't it be grand...

If the various religious texts of the world are to be believed, it doesn't work.  Utopia always falls prey to man's desire to dominate.

Anyway, we do agree on your vision.  Or, better put, we agree that it would be a beautiful vision to behold.  You and I seek to achieve it in different ways though.  You'd seek to withold the things that are bad for you and I'd prefer that common sense take over and people realize that bad things are bad for you.  Eugenics aside, I would go so far as to create an "Anabuse-like" substance to curtail people's desire to self-destruct.  You say tomato - I say ....

Health consciousness would be a thing of beauty, maybe the price of carrots and radishes would finally drop to a price similar to Orville's microwave popcorn.  That would be a boon to my existence since all I snack on are those tasty little purple and orange morsels of heaven.

Oh well, you get my point - and - I get yours.  It's nice to find common ground again.  GO STEM-CELLS!  WooHoo!
« Last Edit: April 09, 2007, 09:36:45 pm by 19Merlin69 » Report Spam   Logged

Knowledge is a gift to be given; stupidity, a communicable disease.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: