Atlantis Online
May 17, 2021, 10:31:15 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Hunt for Lost City of Atlantis
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/3227295.stm

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Former Mexico pres. calls Bush 'cockiest guy I've ever met'

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Former Mexico pres. calls Bush 'cockiest guy I've ever met'  (Read 23 times)
Penny
Superhero Member

« on: September 17, 2007, 01:16:32 pm »

September 17, 2007
Former Mexico pres. calls Bush 'cockiest guy I've ever met'

Fox and Bush, pictured in 2006, appeared to enjoy a warm relationship.

WASHINGTON (CNN) – The two leaders shared a border for six years, but former Mexico President Vicente Fox gives a tough assessment on President Bush in a new book out next month, according to U.S. News and World Report.

In "Revolution of Hope," set to hit book stores October 4, Fox calls Bush "the cockiest guy I have ever met in my life," and is sharply critical of the president's Iraq policy and his immigration stance, according to the magazine.

Though he describes warm relations with Bush, Fox in the book also calls the president's Spanish skills "grade-school" level and says, "I can't honestly say that I had ever seen George W. Bush getting to the White House."

In addition to Bush, Fox also sounds off on his "close but rocky relationships" with former British Prime Minister Tony Blair, Cuban leader Fidel Castro, Russian Presidnet Vladimir Putin and Venezuela President Hugo Chávez, according to the books Publisher, Penguin.

Fox served as Mexico's president from 2000-2006.

The autobiography is co-written by Robert Allyn, a Texas-based political consultant who has advised both Fox and Bush.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: