Atlantis Online
July 04, 2022, 08:29:22 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: 'Europe's oldest city' found in Cadiz
http://mathaba.net/rss/?x=566660

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Evidence That Biblical Philistines Originated As Migrant “Sea People” From Europ

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Evidence That Biblical Philistines Originated As Migrant “Sea People” From Europ  (Read 263 times)
Jonna Herring
Superhero Member

« on: February 25, 2014, 03:26:45 am »

Tell Abu al-Kharaz is located in the Jordan Valley close to the border to Israel and the West Bank, and most likely corresponds to the Biblical city of Jabesh Gilead (1 Samuel 11:1, 31:11; Judges 21:Cool. The Swedish Jordan Expedition has explored the city, which was founded 3200 B.C. and flourished three times over the past 5 000 years: around 3100–2900 B.C. (Early Bronze Age), 1600–1300 B.C. (Late Bronze Age) and 1100–700 B.C. (Iron Age – local periods). The first excavation took place in 1989 with the cooperation of the Jordanian Department of Antiquities. The Swedish Jordan Expedition under the direction of Dr. Fischer conducted a survey at Tell Abu al-Kharaz. Excavations began the same year and the most recent in autumn 2013. A number of walled towns from especially Early Bronze Age I and II, the end of the Middle Bronze Age, Late Bronze Age I and II, and Iron Age I and II were exposed. These settlements date to approximately 3200 – 600 BCE. In total, 16 excavations have been completed.
jordanvalley
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: