Atlantis Online
December 01, 2021, 06:54:31 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Has the Location of the Center City of Atlantis Been Identified?
http://www.mysterious-america.net/hasatlantisbeenf.html

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Bush- not Obama- Enacted TARP and Signed the Bank Bailout into Law

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bush- not Obama- Enacted TARP and Signed the Bank Bailout into Law  (Read 459 times)
Volitzer
Superhero Member

« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2011, 02:02:00 pm »

Republicans love the current tax code cuz they and their supporters got all kinds of legal loopholes.  I'll give you that.

A 3% flat tax would change all that.  1% local, 1% to the state and 1% to the Fed.  All income would be tax free and it would only be taxed as it was spent.

That's the Constitution Party's stand.
Report Spam   Logged
Krista Davenport
Superhero Member

« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2011, 12:29:18 am »

A 3% flat tax would change all that.  1% local, 1% to the state and 1% to the Fed. 

A 3% flat tax???  Even Perry wants it to be something like 20%!

The government can't get by on that.  All the cities and states would immediately be bankrupt and there would be no social programs or funding for any of the departments at all.  You'd have no police, fire protection, Social Security, Medicare or anything else.

For your information, the rich are currently supposed to pay 36%, so anything less than that would be a giveaway to the rich. 

"Flat taxes" only help the rich. It's their way of saying, "I've got mine, screw everybody else."
Report Spam   Logged
Volitzer
Superhero Member

« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2011, 03:03:29 pm »

Flat taxes make sure that everyone pays their fair share.

The poor get subsidized so they pay nothing.

The rich use every corporate tax loophole available and even make up a few that skirt the law when it comes to paying taxes leaving the middle class to soak up the rest of the tab.

A flat tax of 3% would mean that the government would have to increase the amount of businesses out there doing transactions to get their money.  Meaning encouraging capitalism, not destroy it like the current tax code does.
Report Spam   Logged
Tom Hebert
Superhero Member

« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2011, 04:40:16 pm »

The only fair tax is a progressive tax.

Folks, please vote Democratic in 2011.  It's important!
Report Spam   Logged
Krista Davenport
Superhero Member

« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2011, 12:38:49 am »

Flat taxes make sure that everyone pays their fair share.

You are dreaming.  Flat taxes only support the rich!  You give a rich person the choice of paying 3% or 36%, which one do you think they would support?? Even Cain's 9% is way too low, or even Perry's 20%!

I just don't get it:  why so many people who are not and never will be rich end up supporting these policies that only help the rich.  All you're going to end up doing is screwing yourself, cause the amount the rich don't pay is coming out of OUR pockets. And it also ends up cutting social programs that the rich don't ever use.
Report Spam   Logged
Volitzer
Superhero Member

« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2011, 04:45:27 pm »

"True" flat rate income tax.  A true flat rate tax is a system of taxation where one tax rate is applied to all income with no deductions or exemptions.

The FairTax is a tax reform proposal for the federal government of the United States that would replace all federal taxes on personal and corporate income[1] with a single broad national consumption tax on retail sales.

I am for a 3% tax on all money paid out but no taxes whatsoever on income.
Report Spam   Logged
Krista Davenport
Superhero Member

« Reply #21 on: November 09, 2011, 12:50:41 am »

"True" flat rate income tax.  A true flat rate tax is a system of taxation where one tax rate is applied to all income with no deductions or exemptions.

Which would help the rich and screw everyone else as they would be paying lots LESS taxes under you're rate.

Taxes need to be RAISED on them. A**holes like the Koch brothers would have less disposable income to buy politicians and screw up our elections if they had less money.  If I had my way, those bastards and anyone shipping jobs overseas should have to pay a "traitor's tax" on top of all of that to make up for all the money they have sucked out of this economy.

Oh, and screw your 3%. You seem to be perfectly content with making America a third world nation, and I always want this country to be number one in the world. That goes for taking care of the poor, having the number one defense and resuming space missions again: you need money to do that cause bastards like the Kochs sure as hell aren't going to do any of that to help out unless they are MADE TO.
Report Spam   Logged
Volitzer
Superhero Member

« Reply #22 on: November 09, 2011, 02:32:43 pm »

Of course if the government issues debt free money, aka a Guernsey System, then taxes would only need to be implemented on purchases to stave off inflation.
Report Spam   Logged
Krista Davenport
Superhero Member

« Reply #23 on: November 10, 2011, 07:46:34 pm »

Why the hell would you even care about raising taxes?  The only taxes that Obama is talking about raising is on the rich. Unless you are an heir to a large fortune, it sure as heck isn't going to affect you.  This is what boggles my mind: all the middle to lower class people out there so willing to do the dirty work of the Koch Brothers!
Report Spam   Logged
Volitzer
Superhero Member

« Reply #24 on: November 15, 2011, 03:37:35 pm »

Most people are fairly clueless when it comes to finance anyway, no wonder we are in the economic mess we are in !!!!!

We need more Money-Masters and fewer economic ignoramuses !!!!

However people are waking up !!!!!!!!!
Report Spam   Logged
Krista Davenport
Superhero Member

« Reply #25 on: November 17, 2011, 09:56:27 pm »

They aren't clueless about finance, the only thing they are clueless is how to stop it:

GET THE FRIGGIN MONEY OUT OF POLITICS.  THAT WAY POLITICIANS WORK FOR REAL PEOPLE AND NOT JUST THE RICH.

Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: