Atlantis Online
November 29, 2021, 03:12:00 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Update About Cuba Underwater Megalithic Research
http://www.timstouse.com/EarthHistory/Atlantis/bimini.htm

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

PLANETS IN ASTROLOGY

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: PLANETS IN ASTROLOGY  (Read 606 times)
Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2007, 11:49:19 am »

Pluto Revisited

I wanted to find out your thoughts about the recent news that Pluto isn't a planet. How does that affect astrology?  -- E-mail from Kirstin, August 28, 2006

The change in status itself doesn't alter Pluto's overall importance in our charts or in our lives. We see many non-planets that have a profound influence astrologically. Chiron, which I find very important in both natal and transiting charts, is called a "cometary body." I also use asteroids such as Juno, Ceres, Vesta and Pallas Athena in my interpretation of charts, and find that they add interesting and sometimes vital information. 

However, Pluto's label change does indicate that something is shifting. Our societal awareness always mirrors planetary energies, and vice versa. Discoveries of "new" planetary bodies always correspond with related developments on earth.

For instance, the planet Uranus was discovered in 1781. Uranus rules the air sign Aquarius, and represents innovative thinking, the desire for freedom, and the ability to rise above previous limitations. Within two years of the discovery of this planet, the first hot air and hydrogen balloons were invented, allowing humans to "fly" for the first time.

So if we are looking for reflections in our experience of Pluto's change in description, it may be that what we will find is a change in our perception of Plutonian issues.

Perhaps we're learning that it's time to reduce tyranny and dogmatism, and to dethrone the belief that the end justifies the means. We may be starting to see power struggles for what they really are. Individually, we may be redefining our personal destinies. We may even be starting to develop a different perspective on death -- seeing it as less of a traumatic event, and more as just another step in the ongoing process of a soul's evolution.

What is especially interesting to me is that this change of definition occurs just as Pluto stations direct (on September 4, 2006), and starts moving towards his rendezvous with the Galactic Center in late December 2006. This event occurs only once every 248 years, and marks a time of important endings and beginnings.

And, since Pluto was only discovered in 1930, we have never before been conscious of Plutonian issues when Pluto and the Galactic Center conjoined. It will be interesting to see the kinds of personal and political changes that are initiated over the coming 15 months.

http://www.northpointastrology.com/1537.html
« Last Edit: September 04, 2007, 11:50:48 am by Bianca2001 » Report Spam   Logged

Your mind understands what you have been taught; your heart what is true.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: