Atlantis Online
May 17, 2022, 11:15:22 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Underwater caves off Yucatan yield three old skeletonsóremains date to 11,000 B.C.
http://www.edgarcayce.org/am/11,000b.c.yucata.html

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

The X-Files

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The X-Files  (Read 4665 times)
Jennifer O'Dell
Superhero Member

« Reply #30 on: July 23, 2007, 04:29:16 am »

Future of The X-Files

Plans for another movie are announced periodically but have yet to come to fruition. Chris Carter, David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson have expressed their desire for involvement, Frank Spotnitz was apparently commissioned to write a script in 2006, and the 1998 film's director Rob Bowman has also commented on a second film's status.[100] However, there is still no script and no official shooting schedule, and it is unconfirmed which cast and crew members would reprise their roles if another X-Files film were to be made. David Duchovny first mentioned his interest in the project in 2004, and in January of 2005, he confirmed that a sequel was in the works and that it would be a "stand-alone horror film." Bowman and Spotnitz also said a second film would most likely be a stand-alone story, rather than focus on the alien conspiracy storylines.

One issue seen to be holding up production was a lawsuit filed in late 2005 by Chris Carter against 20th Century Fox Television over syndication profits of the show,[101] which has only recently been resolved.[102] Carter co-wrote and produced the 1998 X-Files film. In a 2006 posting on her website, Gillian Anderson stated that she was very much willing to take part in the project: "And as far as the X-F movie? I have no f****** clue. I think there's still a law suit, as far as I know the script has not been written, and as much as we all want it to take place as soon as possible, AND YES THAT INCLUDES ME, AND ALWAYS HAS, SO STOP WITH THE NONSENSE! It is out of my hands. Completely. Write to Fox guys, tell them to make it happen!"[103]

Frank Spotnitz, in an April 17 update to his blog, said, "Several people have e-mailed to ask about reports that the second X-Files feature is finally in the works. A script is indeed in development, but I'm afraid that's all I can say."[104]

In an April 24th article, a Fox spokesperson commented on the prospect of a sequel, saying, "it's not anywhere near that level yet," when asked if Anderson and Duchovny had been formally contracted to appear in a new X-Files movie.[105]

In a June 14th article, Chris Carter reportedly told TV Guide that he had signed up David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson for a second X-Files movie.[106]

On July 14th, at the Television Critics Association press tour, David Duchovny was in attendance to promote his new Showtime series, Californication, and was asked about the status of the next X-Files movie. He responded that it was indeed moving forward and that he and Gillian Anderson were on board. When talking to a smaller gathering of journalists after the main press event, he said he thought the movie could be in theaters by Summer 2008. This was met with some skepticism due to Duchovny's similar past claims, which never came to fruition. He responded, "Before I would just say that [there was a movie] because they told me, but now, after talking to Chris [Carter] -- he's been giving me progress reports -- and he actually called yesterday, and said 'Next week, you should have something to read.'" Duchovny went on to confirm his belief that the new movie would be a standalone "Monster of the Week" story, rather than an installment in the alien conspiracy mythology.[107] [108]

In a July 17th blog update, Gillian Anderson confirmed that she will be filming the next X-Files movie, beginning sometime between October and January.

The two major Hollywood trade publications, Variety and The Hollywood Reporter, have reported Duchovny's July 14th comments, but have yet to confirm an official green light for the project, or any other comments on behalf of 20th Century Fox.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2007, 04:48:11 am by Jennifer O'Dell » Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: