Atlantis Online
September 24, 2022, 10:56:07 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ARE Search For Atlantis 2007 Results
http://mysterious-america.net/bermudatriangle0.html

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Ancient Underwater City Found on Caribbean Sea Floor

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ancient Underwater City Found on Caribbean Sea Floor  (Read 12378 times)
Arcturus
Superhero Member

« Reply #45 on: December 23, 2009, 02:36:48 am »

Report Spam   Logged
Arcturus
Superhero Member

« Reply #46 on: December 23, 2009, 02:39:13 am »

Report Spam   Logged
Arcturus
Superhero Member

« Reply #47 on: December 23, 2009, 02:41:04 am »

Report Spam   Logged
Wind

« Reply #48 on: December 23, 2009, 02:12:33 pm »

Excellent information Arcturus , I am truly impressed, you must have spent quite a bit of time pulling all this together.

I’ve been giving this subject some thought, and I think that I feel as the researchers who discovered this site feel, I’m not sure that this is Atlantis however I do agree that it definitely is something  important, perhaps a stepping stone to Atlantis.

You may have already covered this (Sorry I haven’t had a chance to read all the information here yet) but I think that like the news reporter a lot of people will be confused by all the criss cross lines in theses images. Those lines are not the city, they’re caused by the satellite image.   The true city is there however you just need to look deeper to see it, I’ll admit at first I couldn’t see it but now I can.

Believe me when I first saw the structures, they seemed to jump right off the screen and slap me it the face LOL Smiley, It just reminds me that I shouldn’t dismiss things too quickly

Anyways great work again Arcturus  this is one thread that I will definitely be keeping an eye on. 
Report Spam   Logged
Arcturus
Superhero Member

« Reply #49 on: December 23, 2009, 11:15:05 pm »

Thanks Wind, it did take a couple of hours to pull this information together.  I think it is everything substantial on it that has been posted on the internet since its inception, as least, everything I can find on it.

I don't know where the city is, apart from what they say, the Caribbean.  It has nothing to do with the stone blocks purported to be found off Cuba in 2001, at least that is what the researchers say. This is a whole new find.

The facts that the people who have found it want to remain anonymous and are looking for funds to mount an expedition is enough to give one pause, however. On ther other hand, if any of us made this kind of discovery, we might need some funds, too, to mount an expediton! We'll see what the weeks ahead may bring:  I certainly hope it pans out, though.  It would be nic if Atlantis was discovered during our lifetimes.
Report Spam   Logged
Elias

« Reply #50 on: February 23, 2010, 03:18:23 pm »

http://beyondthecurtain.wordpress.com/2009/12/14/previously-undiscovered-ancient-city-found-on-caribbean-sea-floor/

Yan Langenakens (07:35:56) :

Living in the Dominican Republic I can confirm that de sunken city in Pepillo Salcedo is not a hoax.
We were made aware of it by local fishermen about one year ago and poled the lake of Carbonera with them We have since made many trips to the area to find out more
The lake of Carbonera ( 19 39 15 52 N / 71 42 44 71 W ) is a shallow expanse of fresh water fed by the Massacre river.
Local fishermen make a living by catching shrimp in the lake using small flatbottom boats that are moved around by pushing a bamboo pole. In about the middle of the lake exists an area that the locals call ” la Penia ” or the rock.
The area got its name because at this place it is impossible to anker their boat by fixing their pole in the mud. The bamboo pole hits a hard surface at about a depth of one and a half meters.
Poling the surrounding area one can delimit a flat expanse 30 meters long and about 10 meters wide ( the pole sinks to the same depth ) covered by half a meter of mud.
As the rules concerning sub terrean and sub aquatic exploration in the Dominican Republic are very strict we set up a local Dominican non profit organisation to aply for all the necessary permits in order to start excavation
We welcome everybody interested in these matters to join us and are willing to share all information we already possess.
Everybody who possesses Google earth can check the existence of the city for himself
The most dramatic view has the following coordinates
19 42 04 74 N ; 71 43 15 20 W
Find the location, zoom in rotate and tilt you will clearly see huge platforms of several buildings, and a breakline with part of the structure sloping up towards the mangrove. The mangrove litterally started to grow on the highest and exposed parts of the structure
Report Spam   Logged
Elias

« Reply #51 on: February 23, 2010, 03:19:36 pm »

The city is very huge and covers the complete valley of the Massacre river
It extends from Montecristi to Cap Haïtien on the other side of the border, and goes inland as far as Dajabon in the south extending beyond the Siete Hermanos ( a group of islands ) in the North.
A possible explanation : ancient maps contain drawings of an island in the Atlantic Ocean called Antillia, the island of the (legendary) seven cities.
Columbus is said to have possesed such a map ( portulan ) when he set out on his journey.
Atlantis went down in several phases, during the last phase 12 islands are said to have stayed above the water. Antillia was one of them
It is possible that hispaniola ( Haïti + Dominican Republic ) is a remnant of Antillia and the sunken city of Pepillo Salcedo one of the seven cities.
If the above hunch is correct one should not be surprised that another sunken city will turn up under the mangrove swamps in the Dominican Republic in the area of Los Haitises for example ( ishtmus of Samana )
So the sunken city of Pepillo Salcedo could have something to do with Atlantis in its last phase of development.
How do we want to proceed from here ?
While waiting to obtain all the necessary permits ( and this can take a very long time in the Carribean ) to excavate we started to make a survey of possible excavation sites.
The google sattelite maps that cover the area are not very recent, the topography of the area has changed during the last 20 years.
When one compares the maps with the actual situation in the field, one realises that the many places that are flooded on the google maps are now dry land, in other words it must be possible to get to some part of the ruins without getting ones feet wet. About one to one and a half meters of mud covers the ruins that are under water, once the area is dried up one should be able to get to the ruins after digging away one to one and a half meters of dried mud in some carefully selected sites
To find these sites we plan to fly camera equiped model planes over the area
It is indeed a well known fact that subterrean structures can show up in areal photography of cropped fields during draught periods due to the differential uptake of water and minerals by the plants.
Involve the governments of both the Dominican Republic and Haïti
The area of Pepillo Salcedo and on the other side of the border Cap Haïtien belong to the poorest parts of Hispaniola. It is obvious that if the sunken city turns out to be what we expect that part of Hispaniola will suddenly gain world attention. Excavating the area could not only give work to hunderds of local people but would also be a huge boost to the local tourist industry which is currently lagging behind because of want of infrastructure and tourist attractions.
We do not yet have professional archeologists in our team, anybody interested ?
We can be contacted at :
yanlangenakens@hotmail.com
Tel : 809 ( Dominican Republic ) 867 19 37
Report Spam   Logged
Hannibal

« Reply #52 on: February 23, 2010, 09:06:49 pm »

Great find, I wondered if there was anything more on this on the web.
Report Spam   Logged
Valkyrion

« Reply #53 on: February 23, 2010, 09:15:10 pm »

An excellent find!  When shall an archaeologist be present to confirm these findings?
Report Spam   Logged
Qoais
Superhero Member

« Reply #54 on: February 23, 2010, 09:28:00 pm »

Welcome to the forum people! Smiley 

I'm sure there's many in this forum that wish you all the best and hope you make a major find.  I do hope you'll keep us posted as to your findings, eve tho it is a long drawn out procedure and will take time.  Good luck.
Report Spam   Logged

An open-minded view of the past allows for an unprejudiced glimpse into the future.

Logic rules.

"Intellectual brilliance is no guarantee against being dead wrong."
Prometheus

« Reply #55 on: February 24, 2010, 12:01:02 am »

Has anyone punched these coordinates up on Google Earth yet and had a look?  Apparently, they would be the coordinates for this underwater city that is all the buzz for the last two months. Cheesy
Report Spam   Logged
Keith Ranville
Superhero Member

« Reply #56 on: February 24, 2010, 12:18:45 am »

Has anyone punched these coordinates up on Google Earth yet and had a look?  Apparently, they would be the coordinates for this underwater city that is all the buzz for the last two months. Cheesy

I think the satellite photos are more advanced than what google map can offer?
Report Spam   Logged
Qoais
Superhero Member

« Reply #57 on: February 24, 2010, 12:19:51 am »

Haiti on the left - Dominican Republic on the right of the yellow line.

« Last Edit: February 24, 2010, 12:21:32 am by Qoais » Report Spam   Logged

An open-minded view of the past allows for an unprejudiced glimpse into the future.

Logic rules.

"Intellectual brilliance is no guarantee against being dead wrong."
Keith Ranville
Superhero Member

« Reply #58 on: February 24, 2010, 12:25:36 am »

I would bet there is a expedition already going to this coordinate, in the youtube segment scientists said they aren't revealing the exact location of this new found underwater ancient city? But it does look extraordinary, and exiting just to think about that it maybe the lost city of Atlantis?    

Keith,
Report Spam   Logged
Aberration of Pure Evil
Superhero Member

« Reply #59 on: February 24, 2010, 03:14:22 am »

Qoais, any chance you can remove the water layer from Google Ocean and print the picture again?  Then, the structures should be clearly visible.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: