Atlantis Online
December 02, 2022, 09:54:51 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Secrets of ocean birth laid bare 
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/5191384.stm#graphic

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

A modern day Ghost Town

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 9   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A modern day Ghost Town  (Read 4455 times)
Lisa Wolfe
Administrator
Superhero Member

« on: June 19, 2009, 01:55:52 am »

Based on my single visit to the place, saying youíve been to Centralia is degrees cooler than actually being in Centralia, at least at this point in time.  But who knows what tourism-worthy devastation the fire will wreak in the future.  And that also doesnít knock it out of the aforementioned upper echelon, either, because, unlike Nothing But Trouble, the story of Centralia remains a good tale regardless.  And never pass up a chance to see smoke rising from cracks in the ground.  If thereís one thing you take away from this article, I want it to be that.

All right, itís a bit abrupt, but weíre at the end, and Iíve no Digital Underground reference to show for it.  Pretty hideous considering the content centers on a coal fire that is, of all things, underground.  Iím sure someone will e-mail me the perfect punch line, though.  I hate you for your cleverness in advance.  But I will steal it, update this article, and give you no credit.  Fair warning...of complete unfairness.

http://www.oddthingsiveseen.com/2007/07/centralia-pa.html
« Last Edit: June 19, 2009, 01:57:36 am by Lisa Wolfe » Report Spam   Logged

If nothing we do matters, then all that matters is what we do. The smallest act of kindness can be the greatest thing in the world.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 9   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: