Atlantis Online
August 15, 2022, 07:28:18 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Ancient Crash, Epic Wave
http://www.iht.com/articles/2006/11/14/healthscience/web.1114meteor.php?page=1

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

What if?

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What if?  (Read 9985 times)
Matt
Superhero Member

« Reply #135 on: June 07, 2009, 02:09:11 am »

I'm working on the Hawaiian island of Kauai right now. There are people here that don't realize they live in paradise. I saw these beautiful 50' tall trees that instead of leaves were full of yellow flowers. I asked a local what the tree was called, he said which one, I said the one with the yellow flowers, he said I needed to show him, I did and he said he hadn't noticed the flowers before. I was blown away that one of the most beautiful things I had seen wasn't even noticed by someone who lived right under it. The moral to my story is you can try to warn people of things they can't see but these are the same people who can't see what's right in front of them.

Dude, you are so lucky to be out there.  I can't think of anything better than living on an island in the middle of the Pacific.  Everyone I know who has been out to Hawaii just loves the place.

About the warnings that HFN is trying to project to people. He is a nice guy, but I think he is missing the boat on this.  The U.S. government has NEVER acted on what is best for the people, only the rich people.  I guess the reason why it irritates Qoais and others here is that people have seemed to wait until Obama to bring it up.

Did any of you really think that Reagan or the Bushes were acting on your behalf?

Come on!

The government has always been controlled by lobbyists, big business and the filthy rich.  Why else would they pass a bill that makes it harder to declare bankruptcy, or a credit card "reform" bill that doesn't even limit the interest credit card companies can charge people?

Like Dick Durbin (Senator from Illinois) said a few weeks ago, 'Congress is controlled by the banks."  That is not a new development. And people can blame Obama all they want for it, but it was just as much a problem under Richard Nixon, Jimmy Carter and John F. Kennedy as it is now.

We do not, and never did, have "government of the people," unless, of course, you are one of the rich people.  Wink
Report Spam   Logged

"Live fast, die young."
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: