Atlantis Online
August 16, 2022, 01:56:29 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Secrets of ocean birth laid bare 
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/5191384.stm#graphic

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

What if?

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What if?  (Read 9985 times)
Qoais
Superhero Member

« Reply #135 on: June 07, 2009, 12:20:02 am »

I agree with you iwannano.  Although we don't agree as to what happens after death, I most definitely agree with you that we have to appreciate what we have while we have it for tomorrow it may be gone.  My husband laughs at me because I have to touch everything.  That tree you saw, I would have hugged it and stroked it's leaves and buried my face in the flowers and my husband would not know why I did it.  All my life, I have done what I could for others.  I find no satisfaction in doing a thing just for myself.  I would much rather be helping someone else or sharing something with someone, than keeping it for myself.

In my formative years, I reasoned, along with many others I'm sure, that if we only had one life to live, why were some people cursed to live as cripples, or mentally handicapped?  Was this just pure bad luck?  Tough beanies baby, you get one kick at the can and you've missed before you're even born?  Don't think so.  I think the plan is so huge we can barely conceive of it even with the concept of reincarnation.  But what would be the purpose of us being here at all, if it's just to die and become nothing?  Seems most illogical to have such a waste.
Report Spam   Logged

An open-minded view of the past allows for an unprejudiced glimpse into the future.

Logic rules.

"Intellectual brilliance is no guarantee against being dead wrong."
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: