Atlantis Online
June 19, 2024, 03:23:53 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: USA showered by a watery comet ~11,000 years ago, ending the Golden Age of man in America
http://dsc.discovery.com/news/briefs/20050926/mammoth_02.html

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Underwater Roads

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Underwater Roads  (Read 1352 times)
Tiffany Arsenault
Superhero Member

« on: April 12, 2009, 05:47:31 pm »

Not sure if I would be able to locate the site again, I shot as many photographs of it as possible during my one visit; in fact until my batteries abruptly went dead. When I swam away, the site was instantly hidden by vegetation from just a few feet away, so I went back towards it and with some difficulty located it again to satisfy my curiosity and verify that I hadn't imagined the whole thing. Then I proceeded downstream and back to my vehicle. It had been a long and tiring but highly successful day!

Later at home I was pleasantly surprised to find the photos had turned out reasonably well considering the conditions under which they were taken. Due to the scarcity of light and water turbidity I had to get up close and thus none of my photos cover the entire site in a single shot. Still, what I managed to come away with gives a reasonable picture of what was found on that exciting July afternoon last summer. The only changes made to these photos is that I slightly adjusted the constrast so the features are more distinct. This has got to be one of my more interesting discoveries to date, but I believe that additional discoveries are out there to be made.

(Update: I have now been informed on good authority that an underwater "shrine" or "altar" exists in northern Wisconsin of what is supposed to be some unknown god or deity; also what has been described to me as a "Phoenician" anchor stone found in the Bois Brulé river! I must admit, however, that while some of this stuff seems to be a little weird to me, my own eyes and camera were not deceived and the evidence is here for all to see.)

Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: