Atlantis Online
August 10, 2022, 02:46:15 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: USA showered by a watery comet ~11,000 years ago, ending the Golden Age of man in America
http://dsc.discovery.com/news/briefs/20050926/mammoth_02.html

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Atlantida

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... 21   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Atlantida  (Read 2416 times)
Crystal Thielkien
Superhero Member

« Reply #90 on: April 01, 2009, 01:17:28 pm »

which Barth tells of his expedition to the Idinen, the Mountain of the Evil Spirits of the Azdjer Tuareg. The region had so evil a reputation that no Targa would go with him. But he got back."

"Yes, he got back," replied my comrade, "but only after he had been lost. Without water or food, he came so near dying of hunger and thirst that he had to open a vein and drink his own blood. The prospect is not particularly attractive."

I shrugged my shoulders. After all, it was not my fault that we were there.

Morhange understood my gesture and thought it necessary to make excuses.

"I should be curious," he went on with rather forced gaiety, "to meet these spirits and substantiate the facts of Pomponius Mela who knew them and locates them, in fact, in the mountain of the Tuareg. He calls them Egipans, Blemyens, Gamphasantes, Satyrs. . . . 'The Gamphasantes,' he says, 'are naked. The Blemyens have no head: their faces are placed on their chests; the Satyrs have nothing like men except faces. The Egipans are made as is commonly described.' . . . Satyrs, Egipans . . . isn't it very strange to find Greek names given to the barbarian spirits of this region? Believe me, we are on a curious trail; I am sure that Antinea will be our key to remarkable discoveries."

"Listen," I said, laying a finger on my lips. Strange sounds rose from about us as the evening

p. 103

Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... 21   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: