Atlantis Online
August 18, 2022, 02:36:41 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: 'Europe's oldest city' found in Cadiz
http://mathaba.net/rss/?x=566660

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Atlantida

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... 21   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Atlantida  (Read 2670 times)
Crystal Thielkien
Superhero Member

« Reply #90 on: April 01, 2009, 01:13:57 pm »

What is there behind those

p. 89

mysterious rocks, those dim solitudes, which have held at bay the most illustrious pursuers of mystery? You follow, I tell you, you follow.

"Are you sure at least that this inscription is interesting enough to justify us in our undertaking?" I asked Morhange.

My companion started with pleasure. Ever since we began our journey I had realized his fear that I was coming along half-heartedly. As soon as I offered him a chance to convince me, his scruples vanished, and his triumph seemed assured to him.

"Never," he answered, in a voice that he tried to control, but through which the enthusiasm rang out, "never has a Greek inscription been found so far south. The farthest points where they have been reported are in the south of Algeria and Cyrene. But in Ahaggar! Think of it! It is true that this one is translated into Tifinar. But this peculiarity does not diminish the interest of the coincidence: it increases it."

"What do you take to be the meaning of this word?"

"Antinea can only be a proper name," said Morhange. "To whom does it refer? I admit I don't know, and if at this very moment I am marching toward the south, dragging you along with me, it is because I count on learning more about it. Its etymology? It hasn't one definitely, but there are thirty

p. 90

Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... 21   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: