Atlantis Online
December 04, 2022, 07:52:38 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Giant crater may lie under Antarctic ice
http://space.newscientist.com/article/dn9268

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Pagan Beliefs vs. Christianity (A Second Darkness Covers the Lands)

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Pagan Beliefs vs. Christianity (A Second Darkness Covers the Lands)  (Read 7500 times)
rockessence
Superhero Member

Using rocks and minerals to heal the earth and us.

« Reply #30 on: March 19, 2007, 01:25:12 am »

You need to read up on the Bock material to answer that for yourself Heather.  Your question suggests that you feel that the "Gods" were real and actually had power, other than that assigned by the human mind.

In the Bock history it states that Ra and all the others were not Gods at all, but royal family members who held a name, a position, and a responsibility within the community....  These people were so extraordinary that they later were called "God"....even to this day!
Report Spam   Logged

ILLIGITIMI NON CARBORUNDUM

Thus ye may find in thy mental and spiritual self, ye can make thyself just as happy or just as miserable as ye like. How miserable do ye want to be?......For you GROW to heaven, you don't GO to heaven. It is within thine own conscience that ye grow there.

Edgar Cayce
19Merlin69

« Reply #31 on: March 19, 2007, 03:44:13 pm »

Hi Wisteria,

You raise a good point.  What does the bile being preached by today's Christian fundamentalists have to do with the teachings of Jesus Christ?  Nothing. The Christian fundamentalists have given all Christians a bad name.  I don't know who's teachings they're following, but they aren't those of Christ.

Bright Blessings!

Heather

I resisted the urge to comment on this for quite awhile, however - I could resist no more...  It's like that big red button that reads "DO NOT PUSH" - I must do it.  Please forgive my meandering - I make a full circle (eventually) and my "tolerance level" is exceedingly low these days...  Apologies in advance - never a good sign.   Cool

Without picking on any of the really whacky nutcases by name ( like Fallwell & Robertson), I have been stunned of late to learn just how divisive those whacky FuNdAmEnTaLiSt Christians have become.  It's really difficult to say where it all began (or when), but it definitely has been a groing trend for the past 10 years.  I suppose that it's safe to say that there has been a definite upswing in "militancy" since Dubyuh took over - he does represent the crazy fundies pretty well, but I don't think it began then.  I'm leaning toward the Clinton presidency (no link), but when the Conservatives seized the plurality (big majority).  I guess the CrAzY ChRiStIaNs felt their position was strengthening during the incredible avalanche of rising conservativeness in the 1997-2001 period.  At any rate, I have definitely noticed a huge change in the past 8 years, and I often wonder why?  What was the impetus for the fundies to gather together, stockpile food, weapons and ammo?  Why did they begin their campaign of dishonesty ("Intelligent Design"), and why did they start actively attacking other faiths?  I remember a time when they (Crazy Christians) enjoyed a philosophy of "live & let live", while still ministering to the lost flocks.  Today - they run rampant screaming at children, warning them that dressing like a cartoon character  and begging for candy at the neighbor's house is the fast lane to Hell.  They accuse people of blasphemy for celebrating Easter with a Bunny Rabbit and Christmas with an overweight, yet jolly old elf.  The mere mention of a reindeer with a red nose makes them reach for their gun.  Heck, I deck my halls with BALES of Holly, HERDS of Reindeer, FAMILIES of Elves, REGIMENTS of Snowmen and any other non-pagan (though the Christians would disagree), non-Christian icon I can buy; just for them!  The kids love it too.  Wink

Though it is they who have coopted every pagan festival day by making them holidays of their own, they accuse the pagans contrarily!  Anyone who has bothered to read a book knows that the pagans far predate Christ, therefore the idea that it is they that "borrowed" the holidays from the FuNdIeS is absurd beyond measure.   The wet & wild wiccan-hating fundamental nutbags are only half of the story anymore, though.

The predecessor to Christianity (Catholics) were (and still are) the worst of the bunch.  Hell, they've become their own secret society.  Though they are a very public organization, they work like the CIA with the sleights of hands and "front organizations".  The most interesting part is that they drive their message home right under everyone's noses - and dare you to do anything about it.  They run afoul of the law in every country they have set up shop in, and the media only sporadically covers it.  They run "missions" all over the world, and though I agree feeding the children is a wonderful thing, what price is paid to get fed?  Research tells a frightening tale, but I won't go into that here.  Ever notice that they do not preach birth control, or even advocate it?  How about advocating "protected sex"?  NOPE!  The only pigs-in-blankets in the Catholic world is baking in the oven.  The Single MOST IMPORTANT sermon to be taught, "Wrap that rascal!" and it dies in a dingy hospital bed due to a retarded view of the world.  So, in a very real way, they are perpetuating the problem by keeping the indigenous natives healthy enough to breed; and breed they do.  They never have to worry about parishners that way I suppose.  But what do the FuNdIeS and the Catlicks have in common, you ask?  Two things: The message - and the means.

The Fundamentalists are gaining strength and they are estimateded to cut into Catholic numbers by 2008.  "One-upsmanship" between the two groups will look like a civil war in a 3rd world nation from our perspective, with the fundies organized like a terrorist organization & the Catholics like a sovreign nation; sound familiar?

I can hardly wait...
Report Spam   Logged

Knowledge is a gift to be given; stupidity, a communicable disease.
19Merlin69

« Reply #32 on: March 21, 2007, 11:22:43 am »

Yikes!  It's so quiet I can hear the crickets chirping. 
Report Spam   Logged

Nicole Jimmelson
Superhero Member

« Reply #33 on: March 21, 2007, 01:48:46 pm »

I like it quiet. Given the choice between it being quiet and arguing with a bunch of Christian fundies that hate all things pagan, I will take the former anyday.

What I don't get it how the evangelical movement has become such big business over the last few years.  Don't people know when they are being sold a false bill of goods? It's basically all in the marketing of the "God business."
Report Spam   Logged
19Merlin69

« Reply #34 on: March 21, 2007, 10:16:53 pm »

I like it quiet. Given the choice between it being quiet and arguing with a bunch of Christian fundies that hate all things pagan, I will take the former anyday.

What I don't get it how the evangelical movement has become such big business over the last few years.  Don't people know when they are being sold a false bill of goods? It's basically all in the marketing of the "God business."

The Catholics have been doing it to their flocks for centuries.  The "fundies" as I said prior, have just taken a page out of their playbook.  Pentecostal,  is the new Catlick - and the rest just fall into line behind them (at the bank).   Shocked
Report Spam   Logged

Nicole Jimmelson
Superhero Member

« Reply #35 on: March 23, 2007, 10:52:47 am »

Which is why the church is the wrong institution to go to if you want to achieve some understanding of God.  It is a bloated, corrupt, money-making business that is more interested in it's politcal agenda than in saving people's souls.
Report Spam   Logged
19Merlin69

« Reply #36 on: March 23, 2007, 03:06:45 pm »

Which is why the church is the wrong institution to go to if you want to achieve some understanding of God.  It is a bloated, corrupt, money-making business that is more interested in it's politcal agenda than in saving people's souls.

You'll get no argument from me on that, however, I don't think many people in this country go to the church to achieve any sense of "God" per se.  A recent survey I saw claims that 60% of all "Born-againers" were seeking refuge - not God, and 25% were seeking a way out of trouble (still not "God").  From what I can tell, the survey would have us believe that religion seems to be a place to run when the going gets tough, and the weak, the lazy, and the unintelligent can't figure out how to survive otherwise. 
« Last Edit: April 02, 2007, 06:00:13 am by 19Merlin69 » Report Spam   Logged

Heather Delaria
Superhero Member

« Reply #37 on: April 02, 2007, 12:05:25 am »

People seeking refuge would not explain people who are church-goers every Sunday. Obviously, if people who came were only seeking refuge, that would mean they would only come when they are having problems.

Personally, I think that people simply go out of habit. And because they are too brain-washed to consider other alternatives.
Report Spam   Logged

"An it harm none, do what ye will."
-the Wiccan Rede
19Merlin69

« Reply #38 on: April 02, 2007, 06:03:22 am »

People seeking refuge would not explain people who are church-goers every Sunday. Obviously, if people who came were only seeking refuge, that would mean they would only come when they are having problems.

Personally, I think that people simply go out of habit. And because they are too brain-washed to consider other alternatives.

I do not disagree that "habit" and "laziness" are the reasons for continued patronage.  The poll I was citing had to do with why people wind up on the Church's doorstep in the first place; what made them suddenly seek God.
Report Spam   Logged

HereForNow
Superhero Member

HUH?

« Reply #39 on: July 13, 2007, 02:29:37 pm »

When it comes to something you beleive in, why exercise it on certain days?

Indulge in your rituals if they work for you.
Church for us God lovers is something found in our hearts. Not in a building.
I don't agree with most christains or alot of organized religion. I worship the God they say they do, but I don't preceive him as they do. My God is in everything, and his energy is what drive continued existence.

« Last Edit: July 13, 2007, 02:36:00 pm by HereForNow » Report Spam   Logged

HereForNow
Superhero Member

HUH?

« Reply #40 on: July 28, 2007, 11:37:14 am »

What do all of you beleive personally about your Gods?
And;

What are all of the alternatives?

Most people call themselves cherokee indians because they don't know anything about any other native American indians.
Perhaps Christians and Cathlics aren't really one or the other. They might fall into some other catagory, but lack any real knowledge of what it really means to be one or the other. Even those who claim they are Pagan, might not really be true pagans.....    LOL

Because of this I have never chosen to go to church. I pray to the God of Life & Love for the sake of everyone that prays for the same. I don't know his name, but I do know how it feels to be shown a miracle.
Report Spam   Logged

19Merlin69

« Reply #41 on: September 16, 2007, 07:00:48 pm »

What do all of you beleive personally about your Gods?
And;

What are all of the alternatives?

I don't have any Gods.  I believe that the universe has created some very incredibly old life long before us and, for the most part, they avoid us at all costs.
Report Spam   Logged

Luke Hodiak
Superhero Member

« Reply #42 on: September 16, 2007, 08:04:32 pm »

Well, that's interesting, Merlin.  I just saw a documentary last week on the Big Bang theory.  The idea behind it is that the unverse is expanding.  If that is truly the case, then that would also have to mean that, at one time, it was also infinitesimally small as well - as big as molecules, enough to fit into someone's hand,  Who's hand?  It is false to say that science is always at odds with religion.  The Big Bang does tend to leave room for God, if someone chooses to believe.
Report Spam   Logged
rockessence
Superhero Member

Using rocks and minerals to heal the earth and us.

« Reply #43 on: September 17, 2007, 11:13:35 am »

My belief is that GOD is a Matrix of Energy and that every human has an Individualized Presence (the "I AM Presence" of God) which is constant.  Actually YOU are a constant companion to It..... Your Higher Mental Body decides to incarnate because only through earthly incarnation can It (the Higher Mental Body)become ONE with the "Mighty I AM Presence". 
Many times the Presence has been seen by others and thought to be a "Guardian Angel" when in fact it is the Constant Individual Presence of GOD which is with every human.

I AM a student of the Saint Germain Ascended Masters Discourses:

(quote from  http://www.saintgermainfoundation.org/body2.htm 
THE PICTURE OF YOUR OWN GOD SELF
The lower figure represents the human or flesh body; the Upper Figure represents the Individualized Presence of God, which is the Electronic Body of the "Mighty I AM Presence." Between the flesh body and the "Presence" is the Higher Mental Body, a form just as tangible in Its Own Octave as your flesh body is here, but not illustrated on the Chart. It is your Discriminating, Selective Intelligence.

Original painting by May DaCamara

Fundamental to the understanding Saint Germain offers is this Chart of the "Mighty I AM Presence," an eye-picture of each one's own individualized God Self, which stands twelve to fifty feet above each human being.

The Ray of Light which goes from the Heart of the "Presence," through the top of the head, anchoring within the Heart of the flesh body, is the Life, the Light, the Substance, the Energy, the Intelligence and the Activity by which the physical body has Life and is enabled to move about.

When your attention goes to the "Mighty I AM Presence," this Ray of Light and Energy begins to intensify and expand, until the Point of Light within every cell of the flesh body responds to It. As this intensifies, the Radiance forms a Tube of Light about the flesh body.

The Violet Flame flowing up, through and around the lower figure represents the Violet Consuming Flame, which is released by your "Mighty I AM Presence" when you call for Its Action to be passed through you and your world to consume all discordant creation, past and present.

The Color Radiance around the Upper Figure represents the accumulated good of all previous embodiments, a reservoir of constructive energy ready for use when the outer self has purified itself through the use of the Violet Consuming FlameŽ and maintained harmony long enough for the Divine Plan to act without interference.

When you sincerely and firmly give attention to your "Mighty I AM Presence," the process of your Ascension begins that moment.

(unquote

I have been a student of the Discourses for several years.  I credit it (this work) with saving my life, literally. 
« Last Edit: September 17, 2007, 11:30:58 am by rockessence » Report Spam   Logged

ILLIGITIMI NON CARBORUNDUM

Thus ye may find in thy mental and spiritual self, ye can make thyself just as happy or just as miserable as ye like. How miserable do ye want to be?......For you GROW to heaven, you don't GO to heaven. It is within thine own conscience that ye grow there.

Edgar Cayce
19Merlin69

« Reply #44 on: September 17, 2007, 07:29:26 pm »

Well, that's interesting, Merlin.  I just saw a documentary last week on the Big Bang theory.  The idea behind it is that the unverse is expanding.  If that is truly the case, then that would also have to mean that, at one time, it was also infinitesimally small as well - as big as molecules, enough to fit into someone's hand,  Who's hand?  It is false to say that science is always at odds with religion. 

The Big Bang theory is slowly dissolving - it just so happens the the Learning Channel and the Discovery Channel are slow to adapt.  Homegeneity of the cosmic background radiation is proving to be a joke foisted upon us by those who really want the Big Bang to be true so that the myth of inflation could be accurate.  Actual inflation would lead us to super symmetry or a Higgs-esque particle, which in turn would mean that we were within a hair's breadth of unifying the four forces.  Of course, inflation also leads us to believe in Dark Energy and "proof" used to bolster Inflation is left-handed (rhetorical) evidence for Dark Energy.  The next 10 years will be interesting as the "experts" retreat from the nonsense they've created and stuffed in text books in an attempt to explain why they cannot simply abandon their folly and follow the clues.

The Big Bang does tend to leave room for God, if someone chooses to believe.

If you think the Big Bang leaves room for God - you should read up on Dark Matter and Dark Energy!!  These are two mystical faery-tale entities that the science of today has concocted to describe the very aspects that make the universe appear to be sentient!  No anthropomorphism intended, but, if you read the current theories of DM & DE, you would think that they were trying to describe the hand of God - without using the word GOD.

God I love physics...  We have our own religion, but the truly religious just haven't caught on.  Wink

I have my own thoughts on the matter and God isn't necessary to understand it, but then I'm a bit out of the mainstream of physics and religion.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: