Atlantis Online
August 15, 2022, 02:42:45 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Scientists Confirm Historic Massive Flood in Climate Change
http://www.giss.nasa.gov/research/news/20060228/

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Jim Allen's Debate with Georgeos Diax-Montexano

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Jim Allen's Debate with Georgeos Diax-Montexano  (Read 1071 times)
Desiree
Superhero Member

« Reply #30 on: June 11, 2008, 03:25:59 pm »

rajesh

Member # 1027

Member Rated:
   posted 06-10-2008 12:24 PM                       
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Immense Alluvial deposits are at all the deltas and at most of the fertile places of the world. Hence Alluviums do not seem to promote Atlantis at any particular place.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/River_delta

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alluvium

http://www.rev.net/~aloe/river/

With Regards...

--------------------
Problem with some rugged part of scientific thinking is that it tends to interpret the advent of lightening in the clouds as a fallout of electrical invention by Faraday.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Report Spam   Logged

This power came forth out of the Atlantic Ocean. But afterwards there occurred violent earthquakes and floods; and in a single day and night of misfortune all your warlike men in a body sank into the earth, and the island of Atlantis in like manner disappeared in the depths of the sea.
Desiree
Superhero Member

« Reply #31 on: June 11, 2008, 03:27:18 pm »

Jim Allen
Member # 30588

Rate Member   posted 06-11-2008 02:22 AM                       
Dear Georgeos,

It is perfectly clear that you do not wish to accept the real facts and simply say “no” or “false” to what are true facts.

All my material including photos of the actual locations is published on the many pages of my website. You on the other hand only have a few blurry graphics which even then do not show the things Plato described in the manner he described them.

My purpose in responding originally to the request of Smiley for active researchers was to make my website available to anyone who wanted to look at it, not to enter into pointless arguments with a person who has changed the meaning of the things Plato said in a pathetic attempt to make it fit Iberia and denies things which can be clearly seen by any normal person.

The last time the sea covered the entire plain (the Altiplano) was not as you say, trying to mislead the readers, “The last time that the sea was over the Plateau, it was long ago, but many, million years”

From ”Science Daily” quote” After analyzing all three core samples, the scientists concluded that the lake - and therefore the ENTIRE ALTIPLANO - has undergone a series of dramatic changes since the Ice Age was at its peak between 26,000 and 15,000 years ago.”
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2001/01/010129064113.htm

A more detailed report “The palaeohydrology of the Late Pleistocene Lake Tauca on the Bolivian Altiplano and recent climatic fluctuations” says
“The investigations by Servant and Fontes (1978) showed that three lacustrine transgressions have occurred since the Middle Pleistocene, which united the three basins to form a large lake. The Palaeolake Tauca, the last one, was formed in the Late Pleistocene between 12 500 and 11 000 BP. It covered 43 000 k2 and had a maximal depth of 60 m.

In other words, the entire Altiplano basin or level plain became a giant lake or inland sea at EXACTLY the date Plato gave, and NOT millions of years ago as you would try and mislead the readers, lake Poopo is the name of the present, smaller remnant of the inland sea, and lake Tauca is the name given to the inland sea when it covered the entire Altiplano, drowning everything to a depth of 60 metres between 10,492 and 8992BC, so, FACT, at the date Plato gave, 9552BC, the Altiplano was submerged beneath the sea.

Readers can check the originals at the following links in pdf at
http://www.freidok.uni-freiburg.de/volltexte/4255/pdf/Kessler_The_palaeohydrology_of_the_late_Pleistocene.pdf

or in HTML format at http://216.239.59.104/search?q=cache:xhEC61_ylMoJ:www.freidok.uni-freiburg.de/volltexte/4255/pdf/Kessler_The_palaeohydrology_of_the_late_Pleistocene.pdf+poopo+lake+tauca&hl=en&ct=c lnk&cd=2&lr=lang_en|lang_es

I will leave it there and viewers are welcome to see photos of the actual ringed island on my webpage, 50 stades from the sea, that is, NOT THE PACIFIC OCEAN, but the inland sea called Lake Poopo, with it’s coastal plain and by the way, coastal according to the OXFORD English dictionary means “ border of land near the sea-shore”, which can also be seen in the photo.

All the best,

Jim Allen
Report Spam   Logged

This power came forth out of the Atlantic Ocean. But afterwards there occurred violent earthquakes and floods; and in a single day and night of misfortune all your warlike men in a body sank into the earth, and the island of Atlantis in like manner disappeared in the depths of the sea.
Tom Hebert
Superhero Member

« Reply #32 on: June 12, 2008, 05:08:26 am »

Here's a quote from Jim Allen which explains why this dialogue will go nowhere.  I think he should probably heed his own advice.   Sad

"It follows that it is impossible for anyone to enter into any argument or discussion of Atlantis with Georgeos Díaz-Montexano for the simple reason as above stated, that he does not recognise the existing translations of Plato and is only willing to use his own translation and interpretations."
Report Spam   Logged
Sphere of Influence
Superhero Member

« Reply #33 on: June 12, 2008, 08:38:57 am »

Has anyone even seen this new translation of Georgeos?  Seems like he is making it up as it goes along, to suit his own purposes.  That is not scholarship, that is the work of a hack!
Report Spam   Logged
Tom Hebert
Superhero Member

« Reply #34 on: June 12, 2008, 12:29:24 pm »

Has anyone even seen this new translation of Georgeos?  Seems like he is making it up as it goes along, to suit his own purposes.  That is not scholarship, that is the work of a hack!

If I understand his cryptic messages correctly, it's available in Spanish--at a price, of course--but not in English.  But why would anyone want to settle for hamburger when they can get prime rib???

Report Spam   Logged
BlueHue
Superhero Member

il mio va Piano, sono Asino ?

« Reply #35 on: June 26, 2008, 04:44:04 am »

DEAR..............DESIREE,

JIM ALLAN's
 deep understanding about the Peru's Alto-Plato, and " GEORGEOS " shameless
 but bold promotion of his own theory ? BOTH are wrong ofcourse but " GEORGEOS" is nearer the truth.

Cry   Would you also be remotely intrested ,
to Debate with me about Atlantis as Ad-Land (= ADEN in South-Araby.) too ? ?

First of all ' Atlantis ' is not the original GREEK name that Plato used,
but>> ATHETA(-Land.)( now:HADramaut.)

Smiley, Julia and Qoais were the only ones that took the trouble, to
actually retrieved immages from Ras-Aden which is a -Mud-Volcano-caldeiras-promotory.

Ras=Island and ADEN= Eden.   ' Atlantis' was NOT  SUB- merged
by 2 Tsunamies, but IM-merged !

The date of DEMISE was not 9.000 before-SOLON, but 900 bc
(as ' GEORGEOS' spotted despite his ' Spartel-HOAX' !!)

I am sure each of the 25 lecturer-Atlantologists have only ONE Criteriapoint right
 per person.( mine is ATHETA=Aden but no 'Point')

Without the above statement ALL ' Atlantologists' are barking up the wrong tree:
 the supposed" Atlantic ' is actually the INDIAN-ocean

In comic-movies( eg Indiana Jones +" the Raiders of the ARK.)
it is always nice to have scientists debate alternative views, on historic subjects.

such as the Tourist-trap!of:-Napoleon's Return -trail from Elba,
the REAL- route used by Heracles 12 labours,
 and King-Athur's orginal FRENCH Kingdom(= ARTOIS.) etc.

This last Story came to England during William-the Conquerror in 1066 ad,
This means clearly that  Arthur-REX never lived in nor ever saw England,
and that his famous Battle at Mount- Badon ( 540 ad.)was in fact Mnt.Baden in Germany !

But Arthur's fame was so great
that the british-Chroniclers saw no harm in making a FRENCH-Belgian king
 into a FAKE-Celtic british one >a false claim that went undetected untill 1995.!
Yet this 1995-discovery is even contested on the " Arthur-Thread " at THIS Forum.

I am looking forward to contest 25/50" reference-Points" and my theory( with you !)

Sincerely,

" BlueHueCry Shocked Cry dd 26-June--2008
« Last Edit: June 26, 2008, 05:11:04 am by BlueHue » Report Spam   Logged

( Blue's)THEORY, locating"original" Atlantis( in Aden-Yemen.)
1: ATLANTIS =Fake=Latin name, original Greek: ATHE(=a Region in Aden)
2: Atlantic-OCEAN=Greek: RIVER-of-Atlas+also" Known "World-OCEAN(=Red-Sea)
3: Greek-obsolete-Numeral 'X' caused Plato's Atlantisdate:9000=900
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: