Atlantis Online
March 28, 2024, 04:25:07 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Were seafarers living here 16,000 years ago?
http://www.canada.com/victoriatimescolonist/news/story.html?id=34805893-6a53-46f5-a864-a96d53991051&k=39922

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Discoveries from Space

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Discoveries from Space  (Read 1409 times)
Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2007, 12:01:24 pm »

FROM SPACE                                                                                                     continued

In 1974, however, an ERTS photograph, taken from about 500 nautical miles over Mount
Ararat, shoWed an unusual object near the crest which, discussed in a United States
Congressional session and entered into the Congressional Record, has already attained
what one may qualify as lasting fame.

Senator Frank Moss, then Chairman of the Space Commission, in commenting on the object,
observed that it was "about the right size and shape to be the Ark".

Among the recent searchers for Noah's Ark on Mount Ararat in Eastern Turkey has been
Colonel James Irwin, the astronaut of Apollo 15, who drove the Lunar Rover land vehicle
on its misssion over the surface of the moon. 

It is interesting to speculate whether Colonel Irwin's interest in the survival of the Ark was
awakened as he crossed over the Middle East in orbital flights over the Earth prior to his
visit to the moon and perhaps wondered if the Ark really was still hidden high toward the peak
of Great or Little Ararat far below.

In any case, his dedication to the Ark Project is an interesting connection between very an-
cient history and the Space Age of today and tomorrow.

« Last Edit: April 29, 2007, 12:35:09 pm by Bianca2001 » Report Spam   Logged

Your mind understands what you have been taught; your heart what is true.
Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2007, 12:10:22 pm »

FROM SPACE                                                                                                    continued

Continuing photography of Earth from space will doubtlessly reveal futher unsuspected
information about the past of civilization and of Earth itself.

It may also acoomplish a like result in photographing other planets from space, in our
own system and, ultimately in others. 

It may possibly have already done so, although most astronomers, understandably mind-
ful of their porfessional reputations, prefer to consider certain curious formations on Mars,
photographed by MARINER 9, to be simply rocks or cliffs on the planet's now arid surface,
notwithstanding their peculiar resemblance to the way ancient ruins on Earth look from the
sky, especially as seen by VIKING ORBITER I. 

But there are exceptions.

« Last Edit: April 29, 2007, 12:36:17 pm by Bianca2001 » Report Spam   Logged

Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2007, 12:46:33 pm »

FROM SPACE                                                                                                  continued

Antonio Ribera, a Spanish author and lecturer, calls attention to a well-defined photo-
graph of the Coprates Depression on the surface of the moon:

"The disposition of apparent walls makes a series
of rectangles which are not found in nature.  We know
from space photographs already taken that the surface
of Mars was once traversed by rivers and tributary
streams.  Consequently, a depression into which  the
ancient rivers flowed was most probably a sea.  The
objects or buildings could be the remains of a former
port on the now-dry ocean.  In other places "farther
inland" from this one-time seaport there appear to exist
large four-sided pyramids typical of all ancient races
who built for eternity."

Asked whether he thought that an earlier Earth could have been colonized from Mars as
that planet began to dry up and lose its atmosphere, forcing it inhabitants to seek a
more livable world, Dr. Ribera replied,

"This of course we cannot presently know.  I suggest however that it is an interesting
possibility."

ATLANTIS
The Eighth Planet

Charles Berlitz - 1984
Report Spam   Logged

Titiea

« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2007, 02:48:25 pm »

FROM SPACE                                                                                                         continued

In November 1981 a radar scan was taken from the Columbia over the Sudan and South-
west Egypt at an altitude of 125 miles and covering a width of over thirty miles.  The
scan was later enhanced by computer techniques and showed surprising results.

While the ordinary photographs showed the normal desert, the enhanced radar ones showed
the beds of buried rivers, some as large as the Nile, but with indications of having flowed
south and west.

All these rivers showed traces of a number of tributaries and streams, which meant  that
thousands of years ago this extensive area would have supported forests and grazing lands
for animals and, if man was present, croplands for organized agricultural and social development.

John McCauley, of the United States Geological Survey, after examining the radar photographs,
suggested, "It is possible [the rivers] all joined up to one large basin of interior drainage, as
large as the Caspian Sea is now."

In commenting on the use of the technique employed, he said, "We were able to look through
and use radar as a time machine."

Hi Bianca,

This survey is very interesting for my theory of Atlantis in the Island of Meroe, North sudan. Could you tell me where I could obtain informations on this survey and mainly to see the photographs from the shuttle Columbia.
Report Spam   Logged

In archeology, ancient traditions must be considered, unless new findings will prove the contrary.
Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #19 on: August 19, 2007, 04:00:38 pm »

I really don't have the faintest idea where they could be found.

I copied this from Charles Berlitz's book. He is dead now.  The book, as you can see above, is:

ATLANTIS
The Eighth Planet

Charles Berlitz - 1984
Report Spam   Logged

Desiree
Superhero Member

« Reply #20 on: August 19, 2007, 04:23:12 pm »

Hi Titiea,

I don't know where you would find that information either.  Berlitz' information is sometimes badly sourced.  I do know that Greg Little (also a forum member here) has managed to chart a lot of the things that Charles Berlitz has mentioned in the Bahamas area, but I don't think he has done anything with what was mentioned in Africa. Maybe if you email Greg, though, he can tell you where you might find it?

Desiree
Report Spam   Logged

This power came forth out of the Atlantic Ocean. But afterwards there occurred violent earthquakes and floods; and in a single day and night of misfortune all your warlike men in a body sank into the earth, and the island of Atlantis in like manner disappeared in the depths of the sea.
DDDnD3D

« Reply #21 on: August 20, 2007, 12:16:17 am »

*** N@S@ *** ! ! ! [where else?]  what are you asking ? ? ?
Report Spam   Logged
Titiea

« Reply #22 on: August 20, 2007, 06:55:57 am »

I was thinking that it was a recent information... Unfortunately it was not. But probably more informative than the actual Google Earth.

Recently NASA helped archeologists to study the zone of Angkor Vat temples, and it was a very fruitful survey.
I would like to contact the NASA team who is responsible for such study and ask them the informations (views of the zone of Napata-Meroe in North Sudan.
Report Spam   Logged

In archeology, ancient traditions must be considered, unless new findings will prove the contrary.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: