Atlantis Online
April 20, 2024, 06:21:08 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Scientists Confirm Historic Massive Flood in Climate Change
http://www.giss.nasa.gov/research/news/20060228/

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Discoveries from Space

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Discoveries from Space  (Read 1470 times)
Titiea

« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2007, 02:48:25 pm »

FROM SPACE                                                                                                         continued

In November 1981 a radar scan was taken from the Columbia over the Sudan and South-
west Egypt at an altitude of 125 miles and covering a width of over thirty miles.  The
scan was later enhanced by computer techniques and showed surprising results.

While the ordinary photographs showed the normal desert, the enhanced radar ones showed
the beds of buried rivers, some as large as the Nile, but with indications of having flowed
south and west.

All these rivers showed traces of a number of tributaries and streams, which meant  that
thousands of years ago this extensive area would have supported forests and grazing lands
for animals and, if man was present, croplands for organized agricultural and social development.

John McCauley, of the United States Geological Survey, after examining the radar photographs,
suggested, "It is possible [the rivers] all joined up to one large basin of interior drainage, as
large as the Caspian Sea is now."

In commenting on the use of the technique employed, he said, "We were able to look through
and use radar as a time machine."

Hi Bianca,

This survey is very interesting for my theory of Atlantis in the Island of Meroe, North sudan. Could you tell me where I could obtain informations on this survey and mainly to see the photographs from the shuttle Columbia.
Report Spam   Logged

In archeology, ancient traditions must be considered, unless new findings will prove the contrary.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: