Atlantis Online
March 29, 2024, 06:49:34 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Remains of ancient civilisation discovered on the bottom of a lake
http://en.rian.ru/analysis/20071227/94372640.html

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Ferraro: Reagan Dems find Obama campaign 'frightening'

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ferraro: Reagan Dems find Obama campaign 'frightening'  (Read 43 times)
Monique Faulkner
Superhero Member

« on: May 30, 2008, 11:05:28 am »

Ferraro: Reagan Dems find Obama campaign 'frightening'
Posted: 10:20 AM ET

From CNN Associate Political Editor Rebecca Sinderbrand

Ferraro has been outspoken on race and gender issues during the primary season.
(CNN) — Geraldine Ferraro – who sparked controversy earlier this year with her comment that Barack Obama was only a viable presidential candidate because he was black – wrote in an op-ed published Friday that the Illinois senator’s campaign and the media may be responsible for “the effects of racism and sexism on the campaign [which] have resulted in a split within the Democratic Party that will not be easy to heal before election day.”

“Perhaps it's because neither the Barack Obama campaign nor the media seem to understand what is at the heart of the anger on the part of women who feel that Hillary Clinton was treated unfairly because she is a woman or what is fueling the concern of Reagan Democrats for whom sexism isn't an issue, but reverse racism is,” the former Democratic vice presidential candidate wrote in the Boston Globe Friday.

Reagan Democrats feel they have been mistreated during the campaign season, she writes, and since her March resignation from the Clinton campaign have repeatedly told her that “If you're white you can't open your mouth without being accused of being racist…”

“They see Obama's playing the race card throughout the campaign and no one calling him for it as frightening. They're not upset with Obama because he's black; they're upset because they don't expect to be treated fairly because they're white,” writes the former New York congresswoman. “It's not racism that is driving them, it's racial resentment. And that is enforced because they don't believe he understands them and their problems. That when he said in South Carolina after his victory ‘Our Time Has Come’ they believe he is telling them that their time has passed.”

Read the rest of this entry »

Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Monique Faulkner
Superhero Member

« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2008, 11:09:04 am »

For the record, "Reagan-Democrats" haven't voted for a Democrat since Jimmy Carter (not even Bill Clinton ever won them over) and the person who has most ingected race into the campaign is Geraldine Ferrarro, who, in my opinion is a disgrace to feminism.

She sees slights where they aren't there, suggested that the only reason Obama is where he is at is because he is black (as if being black has ever been an advantage to anything) and comes up with some of the most bizarre rationales of the campaign. 

Once, she was a traiblazer, now she is a disgrace.
Report Spam   Logged
Tom Hebert
Superhero Member

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2008, 05:51:44 am »

Ferraro is a total has-been.  Even Hillary ditched her!

More and more America is seeing the Clinton campaign as a bunch of disgruntled feminists who will stop at nothing to get their way.  Obama has a much broader vision, which even crosses the aisle to the other party.  No one knows what any candidate will accomplish in the oval office, but I think Obama deserves a chance.  The Clintons have already had their chance, and McCain is hopelessly mired in the past.
Report Spam   Logged
Volitzer
Superhero Member

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2008, 06:09:35 pm »

Ferraro is a total has-been.  Even Hillary ditched her!

More and more America is seeing the Clinton campaign as a bunch of disgruntled feminists who will stop at nothing to get their way.  Obama has a much broader vision, which even crosses the aisle to the other party.  No one knows what any candidate will accomplish in the oval office, but I think Obama deserves a chance.  The Clintons have already had their chance, and McCain is hopelessly mired in the past.

http://knowbeforeyouvote.com

Right; totally impossible to know what the candidates have done in office.   Roll Eyes

How will we ever find out.  Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm  !!!!!!!!

If only there was a way to know before you vote... Hmmmmmmmmmmm  !!!!!

Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged
Tom Hebert
Superhero Member

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2008, 07:10:46 pm »

Hi Vol,

I do know and I'm voting for Obama!  Maybe you'll find out someday.   Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged
Volitzer
Superhero Member

« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2008, 07:54:02 pm »

Hi Vol,

I do know and I'm voting for Obama!  Maybe you'll find out someday.   Roll Eyes

Well we know you're not gay, and we know it's not based on Obama's voting record.  So why are you supporting Obama ??

Are you a Black-American ??
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: