Atlantis Online
April 19, 2024, 09:22:22 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Scientists to drill beneath oceans
http://atlantisonline.smfforfree2.com/index.php/topic,8063.0.html

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Communicating with the Dead

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Communicating with the Dead  (Read 3480 times)
Tom Hebert
Superhero Member

« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2007, 09:26:40 am »

Hi Trent,

You mentioned departed ones communicating through the radio.  This is an incident that Edgar Cayce experienced during his waking state. (Ref. Reading 4905-70 Reports)

Article written by EC in 1936:

I CAN'T EXPLAIN IT, BUT..." Some years ago I had a very warm personal friend who was an executive of the Western Union Telegraph Company in Chicago. We met quite often, and in our discussions of various subjects the question frequently arose between us as to whether or not there was a survival of personality. It usually ended jokingly with one of us saying, "Well, whichever one goes first will communicate with the other."

During the last few years of my friend's life, we did not meet - but corresponded intermittently. Then I was notified of his death [4/28/33].

Several months afterwards [Fall of 1933 - See above Par. R91] I was sitting alone in my living room listening to the radio. The program was Seth Parker's. Member of the group had decided they would sing songs which their loved ones had been fond of during their lifetime. One lady asked that they sing, "Sweet Hour of Prayer." Another asked her which one of her husbands had liked that song. I remember that I was very much amused, and leaned back in my chair smiling to myself.

Suddenly I felt as if there was a presence in the room. I was cold, and felt something uncanny or unusual taking place.

The program was still on.

When I looked toward the radio, I realized that my friend (several months deceased) was sitting in front of the radio as if listening to the program. He turned and smiled at me, saying, "There IS the survival of personality. I KNOW! And a life of service and prayer is the only one to live."

I was shaking all over. He said nothing more, and just seemed to disappear.

The program finished, I turned off the radio. It still appeared as if the room was full of some presence. As I switched off the light and climbed the stairs, I could hear many voices coming from the darkened room.

Jumping in bed and shivering from the cold, I aroused my wife - she asked me why I hadn't turned off the radio. I assured her that I had. She opened the door, and said, "I hear it - I hear voices." We both did.

What was it?
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: