Atlantis Online
April 19, 2024, 05:06:24 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Towering Ancient Tsunami Devastated the Mediterranean
http://www.livescience.com/environment/061130_ancient_tsunami.html

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Conversations with the Silver Dragon

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 16   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Conversations with the Silver Dragon  (Read 1632 times)
Sarah
Administrator
Superhero Member

« on: May 28, 2008, 12:50:56 am »

the silver dragon

Member # 2892

Member Rated:
   posted 12-30-2005 09:36 AM                   
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have always been a dragon, as far as I know. It has been so long….I…I can’t remember. We dragons are honoured by some cultures but are demonized by others. There are some unenlightened types who in their zealousness, dismiss dragons as some kind of satanic, evil reptilian cult. This is not true. But long ago, dragons were venerated and presented a threat, I think, to other philosophies that were being progressed. These other philosophies, to your great misfortune, were hijacked by political forces. In addition to demonizing dragons, great Sins were committed in the name of God.

We dragons, of course, have been around much longer. You people are, in fact, Reptilian. Mammals developed from squirrel-like reptiles. In fact, Brooke, if you saw the first reptilian squirrels, you would hardly know them to be reptiles. This was so long ago, I can hardly remember it.

As to what it’s like being a dragon? I can tell you it is a lot of work. Polishing and shining and polishing and shining and on and on every day. Scales that is. Talons and fangs too but mostly scales. The air is so dirty now, it takes up too much time. It is vital, absolutely vital that I keep my scales very clean and polished. This is because long, long ago we dragons evolved a very useful and also unique mechanism within our scale tissues. Our scales developed photo-polymeric reverse polarity. What that means is that the pigments in our scales developed the capability to recognize and chemically react to different light frequencies. Dragons can puff up or collapse their scales to some degree, this helps with cleaning but more importantly, it means that we had the nervous tissue connections between our brain and each individual scale. Based on this nervous architecture, our brain was and is able to sense light wavelengths from all directions and control, to a large extent, the type of photo-polymeric reaction that takes place in each scale.

So what’s this all mean you say? Well, I’m sure you’ve figured it out. It means that we are invisible! If you look carefully, you can see what appears to be a disturbance in the light but it works especially well when we are flying or nesting.

And the flying bit? Well, we are a type of Pteradon. No real surprise there.

And the fire-breathing? Well, that is true actually. We dragons originally were scavengers. Ate a lot of decaying and rotting vegetation but some rotting flesh. We developed an anoxic digestive system, not unlike a cow’s. We developed a gas bladder for storing CO2 and CH4 and discharge the gas orally cuz, well, we’re just not designed for other…. So for years, we dragons would just burp. Until one day, at a party actually, one of us (not me) burped on the campfire and “ka-boom”. Well, we all took a turn and had a lot of laughs. Shortly thereafter we all got flint and iron implants in our dental work. Those big crests we have on our heads, high pressure methane storage. You ain’t had a headache until you’ve been a dragon with indigestion, baby.

Young dragons work very, very hard on their flying, pigment control and fire-breathing. It really takes an awful lot of work. We older dragons spend a lot of time training them and ensuring that they keep up with their grooming. The youngsters too like to scare people. We frown on this but, I must admit, I enjoy a nice evening flight and scaring the bejabbers out of some unsuspecting couple out for a stroll. Heh, heh, heeee!

We dragons keenly practice the ancient sciences. I especially like to build menhirs and henges and monitor the sun, stars, moon and venus as well as the occasional comet and dust cloud. The odd one has smacked into us and others have been near misses which caused unbelievable tidal disruptions. We taught you people how to do this 8000 years ago, but you now forget your place in the world in time and space. We study nature and the earth, chemistry and physics. We dragons taught you how to move large, large stones with only 1 person moving them. I can show you how to do this. Yet today you use large cranes, SNORT, so silly! I enjoy moving and working with stone – it keeps one grounded to the Earth. We fly a lot but we were originally land creatures and we like to feel grounded. I enjoy throwing stones with trebuchets. The raw physical forces controlled with simple physical processes are very relaxing for dragons. Get a few dragons together moving and cutting stone and throwing bolts and stones with trebuchet and you are asking for a lot of laughs and a lot of trouble.

And, well, Brooke, that’s what it’s like being a dragon. Of course, you are hearing this from a male dragon’s perspective. I am sure a female dragon would provide an entirely different and less flattering perspective but, sigh, WUSSSSSSHHH, Ow, Ouch, Ooops, (excuse me) that’s life!

STELLA! GET SOME WATER!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Report Spam   Logged

"If I forget thee, O Jerusalem, may my right hand fail..." - King David, Psalms 137:5

http://www.zwoje-scrolls.com/shoah/index.html

http://www.holocaustchronicle.org/

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 16   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: