Atlantis Online
April 19, 2024, 05:00:43 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: DID A COMET CAUSE A FIRESTORM THAT DEVESTATED NORTH AMERICA 12,900 YEARS AGO?
http://atlantisonline.smfforfree2.com/index.php/topic,1963.0.html

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Conversations with the Silver Dragon

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Conversations with the Silver Dragon  (Read 1631 times)
Sarah
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #210 on: September 17, 2008, 11:09:13 pm »

Sarah

Member # 2812

Member Rated:
   posted 06-21-2006 04:56 AM                       
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by The Return of the Silver Dragon:
Sarah, my Sweet Princess, you flatter with me your kind words. I roar with delight HAAAAAARCK!....HAAAAAARCK!......HAAAAAAARCK! whenever I read your responses to my challenges. You are soooooooo HUMAN! And so predictable (in a nice human kind of way).

You Humans are so odd. You like to define yourselves by your misery. I see Humans with nice families, everything they could possible wish for from a material sense and yet they are unhappy and tear themselves apart over foolish nonsense. I see other humans with nothing, NOTHING who have suffered incredible personal tragedies who are happy and full of joy and by every right they should not be. But they have made a personal choice.

To me it makes no sense to bear the burden of the world’s problems on your shoulders. It is more important to OVERCOME these problems and put them behind you. All of us have a choice as to how we choose to react to any situation. And I mean every situation. You, my Dearest, are presently making a choice to be, if I may say so, Miserable. But you are going one step further. You are so strongly aligning your self concept and identity with misery that you are AFRAID that if you take a holiday from it, you will lose your sense of identity.

Sarah, you are afraid. You are afraid to discover who you really are. Abandon fear my Love. Abandon Misery and live life to its fullest.

Always Your Friend,

The Silver Dragon

“Hey Argentum, was that you in ‘The News of the World’, the HAAAACK!, HAAACK!!, the (get this guys) the ‘Flying Lizard’”.

Deafening Roars.

“Yeah, Argie! Flying Lizard! …..The Noble ‘Silver Dragon’ is nothing but a ‘Flying Lizard’. What do you think your girlfriends on your silly little Atlantis Rising blog would think of that.”

“Yeah Argie. And aren’t you the one who’s always saying, “Nooooooo, don’t eat cattle, they’re full of antibiotics and growth hormones….real dragons eat wild carrion like beached whales.”

“Lookit guys. The ‘News of the World’ is the shabbiest tabloid around. You cannot believe what they say.”

“So you are denying that you mutilated cattle outside Ciudad Juarez?”

“No, that was me. OK, a round of fermented Malic Juice on me.”

Deafening roars of approval!

Hello Dragon,

It appears you have been well.

All this time we have been talking, and yet it seems we really still don't understand one another at all. And yet, that is no reason why we shouldn't try. First off, to indetify with suffering does not, in itself make one miserable. It is a fallacy to think that it does, or even that it is has to. It is part of the beliefs of Jews that life in itself is filled with suffering, that God does not promise us an easy life, and that the challenge is to do as best as we can in this world despite all our various burdens.

It is not for me, a life of carefree parties and play, nor do I want such a thing. I do play, but doing so does not make one forget all that came and died before. I honor their memory as I live and breathe. We must never forget the past, if only to be ever mindful of the future. And yet, even if we need not be mindful of the future, we must not forget the past if only because those who came before us also tended to give is so much.

I do not want an easy life, but an honorable one.

Perhaps we can learn to understand one another, rather than seek to change one another.

And you, Molly, welcome to the forum.

Sarah

--------------------
"If I forget thee, O Jerusalem, may my right hand fail..." - King David, Psalms 137:5

http://www.zwoje-scrolls.com/shoah/index.html

http://www.holocaustchronicle.org/

Report Spam   Logged

"If I forget thee, O Jerusalem, may my right hand fail..." - King David, Psalms 137:5

http://www.zwoje-scrolls.com/shoah/index.html

http://www.holocaustchronicle.org/
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: