Atlantis Online
March 28, 2024, 08:17:11 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Were seafarers living here 16,000 years ago?
http://www.canada.com/victoriatimescolonist/news/story.html?id=34805893-6a53-46f5-a864-a96d53991051&k=39922

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Where was Atlantis?

Poll
Question: Where would you agree Atlantis was?
Antarctica
Greenland  (Mario Dantas)
Spain
Bahamas
Other
The Azores
South America
Indonesia
Pacific
Far East
Malta
Sardinia
Cyprus
The Canary Islands
Morocco
Carpathian Basin
Mid-Atlantic
Did not exsist-Plato was full of it
Cuba
Turkey
Eastern Atlantic
England
Ireland
Migrating Continent
Libya
Egypt
Australia
North Atlantic
Garden of Eden
No longer can be found
Israel
Extraterrestrial Craft
Tower of Babel
Sea of Azov
Kingdom of Zippala (Asia Minor)
Crete
Black Sea
Cap Spartel (At the mouth of the Pillars of Hercules)
Island of Ponza (off Naples-Italy)
The Island of Sicily (AO Member Cicero)
City of Troy
Island of Madeira
Rio Grande Rise (Southern Atlantic Ocean)
Bolivia (AO Member Jim Allen)
Denmark
Finland (Bok Saga)
Sweden (Olaf Rudbeck)
New Zealand
Estremadura, Portugal
Andalucia, Spain (Las Marismas Marshes)
Yemen (AO Member Blue Hue)
Kingdom Of Meroe (AO Member Titeia)
Pleiades/Nordic Aliens (Jennie)
Dogons of Mali
Italy
Sicily
Multiple Locations- One world governmenthttp://www.zeitgeistmovie.com/
Doggerland/Baltic Sea
Another World

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Where was Atlantis?  (Read 20537 times)
Qoais
Superhero Member

« Reply #345 on: June 09, 2009, 10:26:19 am »

If what you say is true, aren't your time-lines a little off?  

I know you say that part of your understanding is about the decimal being moved, however, the argument against that seems pretty sound.  That the difference between 900 and 9000 is great enough that the translators would not have made such a mistake.  Also, in the works, Plato says that Egypt is a thousand years younger than Athens.  Would the translators not also have had to make a mistake there and say Egypt is a hundred years younger than Athens?  That is, if the decimal point issue is really an issue?  

The point I'm trying to make, is that I don't think you can make all the facts fit your theory either, no matter what name or location you put to these different places.  You're saying that all the names we know today for different countries, different areas, were all names given to places in Arabia BEFORE they were brought to where they are now.  Why is it that you're the only one that knows this?  Surely in all the thousands of years since those times, other scholars would have mentioned these names and how they'd been moved.
Report Spam   Logged

An open-minded view of the past allows for an unprejudiced glimpse into the future.

Logic rules.

"Intellectual brilliance is no guarantee against being dead wrong."
BlueHue
Superhero Member

il mio va Piano, sono Asino ?

« Reply #346 on: June 09, 2009, 11:26:52 am »

If what you say is true, aren't your time-lines a little off?  

YES, they are " OFF "the official Time - line "

No,  I got another TIME - Line,  from a reliable source, although,

it was no study of mine but I read that  dr Velikovsky had consulted other -true- scholars in the subject of Mid-East archaeology and re- Synchronized the existing synchronization(s)

The Great drought and tsunamies period of 8.000 bc called the Quartenary lake burst was also around 800(= 855 bc.)

All "writting-civilisations" seem to have started around 3.000 bc but according to Dr V this should be 2.000 or even 1500 bc( e.g.Punician letters in Greece !)

Re- synchronisation boils down to a statistic equasion of civilisations chief Royal Dynasties, equating the Egyptian with the biblical kings,  made that 500 non existing egyptian years have popped out off the equasion.

The argument for 9.000 bc instead of 900 bc has always been that the GREEKS made the mistake of mis-translatting the Decimal-point from egyptian.

But I seem to stand alone that the LATIN compilers made the Mistranslation(s) from OBSOLETE Greek Numerals into latin decimals

isn't it obvious that when the greeks used the same Numeral X (= 1.000.)as the Roman Numeral X the

mistake is obvious X= C=1.000 but XC= 10.000, CX=

You see now how easily it is to make miostakes transferring Greek to Roman numersals ?!

Some people say that the Babylonian civilisation started in 4.000 bc and the Egyptian " Only" in 3.000 bc that's right but Egypt was the first litterate civilisation.

However ATHENS as Atlantis was older than Egypt
because as a political State Atlantis (= Ras Aden.) did exist as a Hyksos State before the Hyksos went over the RED Sea from Araby, to found Egypt in: 1650 bc.

Egypt is the political name
for that country since 1650 bc before that it may have been named differently like e.g. MIZRAIM. or MISORE or SUMURRA

When Egypt was a souvern of the whole of Araby( Including Assur/ Babylon/ ELAM and israel ofcourse.) it was during the 11-th Montuhoteb-Dynasty

ARABY then was named the Foreign nine bow Landsrepresented by Nine bows or nine seagulls. Or even 7 mountains(=MUD-Volcanoes as seaports.)

Only after 855 the Assyrians and Babylonian wrestled their independance from Egypt until they attacked it in 665 bc under Tanut-Amun against  Sennacherib/

Suppililiumas-1 fighting Rammesses-2 in 1200 bc is the same Guy named GOD Salmanasser-3 fighting a general named NECHO-2 in 600 bc here the non existing years number 600 !

In official/ conventional TIME - Line King  CECROPS & King Erechthonius reigned around 1500 bc

In dr V's Time -Line these figures are reduced by 500 years: King Cecrops reigned from 900 until 855 bc his Son Erichtheus from 855 till 835 bc

Sincerely " Blue Hue " June - 2009

I know you say that your understanding is about the decimal being moved, however, the argument against that seems pretty sound.  That the difference between 900 and 9000 is great, that the translators would not have made such a mistake.  Plato says that Egypt is a thousand years younger than Athens.  Would the translators not also have had to make a mistake there and say Egypt is a hundred years younger than Athens?  That is, if the decimal point issue is really an issue?  

The point I'm trying to make, is that I don't think you can make all the facts fit your theory either, no matter what name or location you put to these different places.  You're saying that all the names we know today for different countries, different areas, were all names given to places in Arabia BEFORE they were brought to where they are now.  Why is it that you're the only one that knows this?  Surely in all the thousands of years since those times, other scholars would have mentioned these names and how they'd been moved.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2009, 11:32:04 am by BlueHue » Report Spam   Logged

( Blue's)THEORY, locating"original" Atlantis( in Aden-Yemen.)
1: ATLANTIS =Fake=Latin name, original Greek: ATHE(=a Region in Aden)
2: Atlantic-OCEAN=Greek: RIVER-of-Atlas+also" Known "World-OCEAN(=Red-Sea)
3: Greek-obsolete-Numeral 'X' caused Plato's Atlantisdate:9000=900
Qoais
Superhero Member

« Reply #347 on: December 04, 2009, 01:11:08 pm »

Report Spam   Logged

An open-minded view of the past allows for an unprejudiced glimpse into the future.

Logic rules.

"Intellectual brilliance is no guarantee against being dead wrong."
vze39mpt

« Reply #348 on: December 17, 2009, 06:37:35 pm »

The history channel recently sponsored a “mystery Quest Documentary” on the “Search for Atlantis”. They were there to look at the “rectangular” stone formations that were discovered a few years ago.  Also known as the “Bimini Road”

In the video at thirty one minutes and fourteen seconds (31:14) you will hear the narrator say;
    “The formations are almost completely covered by coral and Bahamian lawforbids the removal of coral growth”!

I will be adding these pictures. They are still pictures taken while image is paused on my television.
On the right side of a few of the pictures you will see a real “barrel coral” formation, on the left is the face looking at the “barrel coral” formation. If you look at the piece that goes across the forehead, curves up, then curves back down the neckline. Can that be done naturally? Yes it does seem to have some type of “starfish” shaped coral or something on it, but it is some sort of trimming. I may be wrong but it does look convincing. It also looks like it is wearing some type of “body armor” suit. So what can be hiding under the sand and coral there?

The show was there to examine if “Plato” and “Edgar Cayce” were correct when they said that Atlantis would be found at the “10,000 BC” shoreline and this is where these structures are located.

Scientists agree that the ancient shoreline is 100 feet below where they are today. These structures are at that location.

It looks like the top part of a statue (bust) of a man with a "headdress" or crown with the back drape over ear and neckline.. Look at the curves and angle of it as it comes off the forehead. There looks like there could quite possibly be a design in it. He is facing to the right. You can see a "neckline", prominent Chin. You can see the curve under the bottom lip. You can see the mouth. He appears to have a thick mustache. The small rounded nose (very distinct). Eyelids with slit visible, bushy eyebrow, forehead, 

In New Hampshire there used to be a formation called "the old man of the mountain". Yeah from a distance it had the profile of a man. But as you got closer It looked nothing like one. What I see here is more like a "Mount Rushmore" type face. This is also not an object that is far away that may not appear the same when you get closer. These are close up shots.
Report Spam   Logged
vze39mpt

« Reply #349 on: December 17, 2009, 06:39:13 pm »

I sent a picture to the AMI to get some feedback and their reply was,

Thanks for sharing with us. That is, indeed, fascinating. It appears to be a reverse chevron-style mustache. Very interesting.

Carry on.

The American Mustache Institute
(877) STACHE-1

Online: http://AmericanMustacheInstitute.org
Twitter: http://twitter.com/MustacheTalk
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/AmericanMustacheInstitute

Reply from the AMI   
Report Spam   Logged
thomasson

« Reply #350 on: October 22, 2011, 04:24:50 am »

As for me I think it was in açores. I agree the "great hypothesis " of Albert Slosman (I write posts about it).
Report Spam   Logged
Proteus

« Reply #351 on: October 22, 2011, 04:52:43 pm »

Can anyone reopen this poll so the voting can continue?  Seems a waste that there hasn't been a vote on it since 2008.
Report Spam   Logged
Europa
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #352 on: October 22, 2011, 05:54:24 pm »

Okay, I reopened the poll so new people can vote on it.  You are allowed three options.  Hope you don't mind, Herefornow!

All the best,

Europa
Report Spam   Logged
LoneStar77

Carl Martin - Writer, Artist and Software Engineer

« Reply #353 on: November 16, 2011, 08:12:01 am »

A lot of interesting ideas on Atlantis' location. I've been away from the forum for awhile. Busy writing and programming.

Personally, I think we need to go by what Plato said for the "real Atlantis," if there was one. Otherwise, such a place could only stand as an "inspiration" for Atlantis, rather than the real deal. I mean, if Atlantis was really based on someplace like Sardinia, then Atlantis did not exist, because Sardinia does not fit the description. As an inspiration for Atlantis, it has a few things to offer. So does Thera, but there are also many problems with each of these "other" locations.

The usual arguments against Plato's location for Atlantis don't hold water any more. And no, Atlantis was not a continent.

Plato's location is perfect. Why? Because there is a tectonic plate boundary running right through the area, and there are numerous indications that this part of the Africa-Eurasia plate boundary was convergent (subducting) at some point in the distant past.

Plato places Atlantis facing Gadira (modern Cadiz, Spain), but he also said that Atlantis was 11-days sail from Gibraltar. Could he have been talking about the "heart of Atlantis" on this 11-day bit?... the capital city? Checking the sailing pace of Christopher Columbus, I find that 11 days from Gibraltar places his ships about at the Azores. And this seems to match the size that Plato gave for Atlantis -- ancient Libya and Asia (Minor) -- 1-2 x size of Texas.

I've written a few articles on these aspects of Atlantis (www.MissionAtlantis.com). I always welcome input on these, especially if you're cordial even when you disagree.

There is a great deal of evidence that the plate boundary suffered damage over the last several million years. My video at www.MissionAtlantis.com explains in layperson's terms how this could have been caused by Atlantis.

Date

The date Plato gave has also been a bone of contention, but it need not have been. Actually, the date is perfect, too. Most arguments against the date were based on logical fallacies, anyway. Too many of them stated that the lack of evidence of an advanced civilization that far back argued against Atlantis. Of course, that was years before scientists found the ruins at Gobekli Tepe, Turkey, dated at 9500 BC. Lack of evidence is never proof of anything, except a current lack of evidence. That "lack" can always change.

My own research has turned up some interesting scientific data all pointing to something BIG happening 9620 BC. That's pretty close to Plato's approximate date. One of those pieces of evidence is a veritable "smoking gun" in the quest to find Atlantis. A 2-meter drop in sea levels worldwide! A Texas-sized plot of land dropping 1 kilometer somewhere in the oceans of Earth would cause such a drop in sea level. That's consistent with Plato's size for Atlantis. If this piece of data is indeed a proxy for a real event, then we now have proof of an "Atlantis"-like event. The fact that it happened 9620 BC makes Atlantis the likeliest suspect. The other two pieces of scientific data supporting the thesis that Atlantis was real may be found on my website.

Report Spam   Logged

LoneStar77
(Carl Martin)
"Now we have proof that something BIG happened right when Plato's Atlantis subdided. We have the 'smoking gun.'"
www.MissionAtlantis.com
BlueHue2

Blue-Hue? is he Just Blind, or a One-eyed 'king' ?

« Reply #354 on: March 05, 2012, 06:45:06 am »

PLATO
mentioned that Atlantis was the biggest power
in the Known World.(=Oikumen=now Yemen.)
Now where WAS that " Known World " other than Araby ?
Report Spam   Logged

Atlantis in,"historical-Perspective"
=Known-World,Oikumene=Now,Yemen>Surat-89

This Egyptian,INDIAN-Ocean trade-Empire was
ruled by-CEO-Queen Tiy

PLATO wrote (GREEK!)" ATHE " Now,Aden= Solomon's/OFIR, in Herodotus-Araby-Map

ATLANTIS-Dialogue=Satire,on Athens-Trade boycott(of Darius2,413bc)
FLOR_DE_LIZ

« Reply #355 on: March 20, 2013, 08:18:44 pm »

The Island of Madeira , is The hidden answer, since it as the letters in  bold! of course, doubts see the link below , open until the end , see left side of the Madeira island  Cheesy

www.mapasruasestradas.com/portugal-/Madeira/
« Last Edit: March 20, 2013, 08:21:09 pm by FLOR_DE_LIZ » Report Spam   Logged

FL
Dr. Carlos Guemerro
Superhero Member

« Reply #356 on: March 24, 2013, 12:38:00 am »

True Atlante in Spain! Spaniards are the new Atlanteans.We still carry forth the fights with the bull as the Atlantes do, we have the mountains, we outside the Pillars of Hercules and the Georgeos says we are the Atlante so it must be true.

Yes, my friends, Spain is the true Atlantis. All scientific people accept this, all others are silly nonscientific people who follow teachings of snoring prophet.  Cheesy
Report Spam   Logged
FLOR_DE_LIZ

« Reply #357 on: March 24, 2013, 02:00:36 pm »

My friend is humble and recognize that this theory is dead, not just say, must exist. . . words will carry the wind. . . until today any body saw the ruins? are you certain
of that ? I think Not. . .
Report Spam   Logged

FL
BlueHue2

« Reply #358 on: May 02, 2014, 10:09:45 am »

ATLANTIS is the wrong word because it is Latin in Greek it was ATHE

in Egypt it was named SABA
in Japan even TAKAMAGAHARA etc.

Today in Arab named HODRIA from King/Prophet "HUD"
who lived in Ad-Land as described in Surat 89 E.O

But ofcourse it is 150 meters deep on the Mid-Atlantic Ocean Ridge, in America ( Officially.)
Unlessw you care to comment on my 'Subscript'

Sincerely,

" Blue-Hue "

« Last Edit: May 02, 2014, 10:15:07 am by BlueHue2 » Report Spam   Logged

ruled by-CEO-Queen Tiy

BlueHue2

« Reply #359 on: May 02, 2014, 10:17:38 am »

idem ditto
Report Spam   Logged

ruled by-CEO-Queen Tiy

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: