Atlantis Online
March 28, 2024, 08:42:52 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Underwater caves off Yucatan yield three old skeletons—remains date to 11,000 B.C.
http://www.edgarcayce.org/am/11,000b.c.yucata.html

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Hillary Sounds Like a Hillbilly Campaigning in WV

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hillary Sounds Like a Hillbilly Campaigning in WV  (Read 35 times)
Damascus
Superhero Member

« on: May 12, 2008, 10:58:29 pm »

May 12th, 2008 at 7:25 pm
Hillary Sounds Like a Hillbilly Campaigning in WV

http://berniehund.com/2008/05/12/hillary-sounds-like-a-hillbilly-campaigning-in-wv/

» by sinde in: Hillary Clinton, Opinion

One of the most interesting things about Hillary Clinton is her attempt to sound like the “down home folks” when she is campaigning “down home.”

The first time I heard her voice when she was in Mississippi, I didn’t recognize it as Hillary’s.  In fact, I didn’t recognize it as sounding like anything I had ever heard… and, I am from the south.  I have a slow southern drawl according to most who live north of the Mason Dixon line.  But, if I had to compare the affected accent Senator Clinton was dragging out to something I had heard, it would have been best described as one of the actresses in a grade C movie at an old drive-in theatre.  Well, the drive-in’s are gone and for the most part so are those pitiful attempts to sound like those of us who live in the south.

Tonight as I watched a campaign speech Senator Clinton was giving in West Virginia, I heard something “close akin” to that Mississippi attempt.  It sounded about as authentic as Madonna speaking with her British tongue.  Having tried to learn a foreign language as an adult, I am well aware that what sounds good to the one learning doesn’t always play as well on the native ears.  And so it is with Senator Clinton’s southern accent.  It’s pitiful.

More importantly, as I watched her stroll back and forth across the campaign platform, slowing and more deliberately than ever delivering her message, I felt as if I were being conned.  Now, being from the south I must admit that I appreciate watching a good con, but there is nothing sadder than watching a bad con think she’s good.

And, just for the record… in the south, we may walk and talk slowly, but we don’t think slowly.  Stop insulting our intelligence with the pretence.

Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Damascus
Superhero Member

« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2008, 11:00:33 pm »

I am glad that I am not the only one that noticed this.  This particular phony accent of Hillary's (an attempt to sound like someone from West Virginia) is really getting on my nerves.  I imagine that a variance of it will last a little longer as Kentucky is next.    Shocked
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: