Atlantis Online
March 28, 2024, 10:27:48 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Comet theory collides with Clovis research, may explain disappearance of ancient people
http://uscnews.sc.edu/ARCH190.html

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Mystery of the Crystal Skulls

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mystery of the Crystal Skulls  (Read 737 times)
In the Mouth of Madness
Superhero Member

« on: May 12, 2008, 03:04:04 am »

NBC News anchor Lester Holt hosts Mystery of the Crystal Skulls, which premieres May 18 at 9 p.m. ET/PT. The investigative special looks at the mythology about and search for the legendary crystal skulls: 13 quartz sculptures discovered amid ruins of Mayan and Aztec societies. Legends say that the skulls may unleash untold energy should they be brought together. The special, timed to the release of the feature film Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, is produced by NBC's Peacock Productions, in association with SCI FI.

SCI FI will exclusively air all three previous Indiana Jones movies on May 18, leading into the premiere of Mystery of the Crystal Skulls.
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Carolyn

« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2008, 05:33:39 am »

I am off work this weekend and will be watching the show.

Carolyn
Report Spam   Logged

He who controls the money, controls the world.
Rage Against the Machine

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2008, 11:39:48 am »

Me, too, I don't think there was ever a documentary made on the crystal skulls till this one!
Report Spam   Logged
Desiree
Superhero Member

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2008, 05:55:23 pm »

Don't forget this show on tonight!

I'll give you my review once I see it.
Report Spam   Logged

This power came forth out of the Atlantic Ocean. But afterwards there occurred violent earthquakes and floods; and in a single day and night of misfortune all your warlike men in a body sank into the earth, and the island of Atlantis in like manner disappeared in the depths of the sea.
Desiree
Superhero Member

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2008, 10:56:47 pm »

Okay, I just saw this show and am watching it again at the moment!  The show takes a lot of leaps and flights into sci-fi and fantasy, but overall it was informative and a lot of fun!

The Mitchell Hedges skull was found in Belize.  I don't know why skeptics doubt it's authenticity, it was found in an archaeological site, of which there is a record of.

Lots of Mayan stuff in it, who obviously had a lot to do with these skulls.

Richard Hoagland (face on Mars) makes an appearance in it, and tries to link the skulls with a NASA photo of a "robot head" found on the moon.  That was the weakest part of the show.

There is also undersea diving in it, David Hatcher Childress linking the skulls to Atlantis, allusions to 2012 and the role the skulls will play in the ending of the world.  I give it three stars. 
Report Spam   Logged

This power came forth out of the Atlantic Ocean. But afterwards there occurred violent earthquakes and floods; and in a single day and night of misfortune all your warlike men in a body sank into the earth, and the island of Atlantis in like manner disappeared in the depths of the sea.
In the Mouth of Madness
Superhero Member

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2008, 03:07:41 am »

Great documentary, did anyone else see it?  If so, what did you think?
Report Spam   Logged
Carolyn

« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2008, 10:27:40 pm »

I found the show interesting and informative.

Carolyn
Report Spam   Logged

He who controls the money, controls the world.
Wind

« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2008, 10:56:09 pm »

I missed it, does anyone know if they're going to play it again Huh
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: