Atlantis Online
April 19, 2024, 03:36:45 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: 'Europe's oldest city' found in Cadiz
http://mathaba.net/rss/?x=566660

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Pyramid in Bosnia

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Pyramid in Bosnia  (Read 3605 times)
Cassandra
Superhero Member

« Reply #120 on: May 13, 2008, 01:32:17 am »

Mummy
Member # 3132

Rate Member   posted 06-21-2006 04:33 PM                       
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
i was a member of some forum recently that was full of bad mannered nationalistic americans so sorry but they spoiled me   Smiley
LoL you edited your post when u read my edit?well im probably the worse person than you.
Erare humanum est.

[ 06-21-2006, 04:55 PM: Message edited by: Mummy ]

--------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Report Spam   Logged
Cassandra
Superhero Member

« Reply #121 on: May 13, 2008, 01:32:55 am »

Mummy
Member # 3132

Rate Member   posted 06-23-2006 10:18 AM                       
And the smallest pyramid(pyramid of the moon) has been completely excavated.size:
129m-127m-63m
picture:

[ 06-23-2006, 10:19 AM: Message edited by: Mummy ]

--------------------

Report Spam   Logged
Cassandra
Superhero Member

« Reply #122 on: May 13, 2008, 01:33:37 am »

Mummy
Member # 3132

Rate Member   posted 06-23-2006 10:19 AM                       
P.S.
This thread is a joke with that petition and taliban comparison,we should make another one.

--------------------

Report Spam   Logged
Cassandra
Superhero Member

« Reply #123 on: May 13, 2008, 01:34:11 am »

Ishtar

Member # 736

posted 06-23-2006 10:24 AM                       
I think I love this man..........

quote:
Member # 3124

Member Rated:
posted 06-22-2006 11:21 AM
Hello Mummy,

The problem is that the public and governments cannot entertain every nutbar that wants to dig holes about their national treasures in pursuit of some whacko personal theory.

Look at the Bosnian Pyramids as an example of an out of control nutbar destroying what appears to be legitimate bronze age sites in conjunction with corrupt local officials, pyramids notwithstanding.

I am not sure where you are from but if you are from say the US, it would be akin to granting some obscure group, no one has ever heard of from a dubious country permission to dig up the Alamo in search of Viracocha's lost tomb.

Robert Catesby

--------------------
“Ad initio, alea iacta est.”
And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.
it's Later Than You Think
http://forums.atlantisrising.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=28;t=000023;p=1

Report Spam   Logged
Cassandra
Superhero Member

« Reply #124 on: May 13, 2008, 01:34:52 am »

Ishtar

Member # 736

posted 06-23-2006 10:30 AM                       
Why start another,

this isn't funny,

http://www.archaeology.org/online/features/osmanagic/index.html

Some in the academic establishment have spoken out. They maintain that the kind of project Osmanagic is running is far worse than just misleading the gullible public. Following a report about Osmanagic in the London Times, Anthony Harding, president European Association of Archaeologists, wrote the editors, "The situation of professional heritage management in Bosnia-Herzegovina is, since the Bosnian war, in a poor state, with a tiny number of people trying to do what they can to protect their rich heritage from looting and unmonitored or unauthorised development. It adds insult to injury when rich outsiders can come in and spend large sums pursuing their absurd theories (the construction of a colossal pyramid so large that it dwarfs even those of Egypt or Mesoamerica? 12,000 years ago?), in ways that most other countries would never countenance, instead of devoting their cash to the preservation of the endangered genuine sites and monuments in which Bosnia-Herzegovina abounds."

Others fear that Osmanagic's excavations will damage real sites (the hill he calls the "Pyramid of the Sun" is said to have medieval, Roman, and Illyrian remains on it). In one of the few critical accounts of the Bosnian pyramid story, which appeared in the Art Newspaper, the University of Sarejevo's Enver Imamovic, a former director of the National Museum in Sarjevo, is quoted as saying, "This is the equivalent of letting me, an archaeologist, perform surgery in hospitals."

There is public outcry within Bosnia, and an online petition that seeks to shut down Osmanagic's project. But he apparently has backers within the federal government and the Sarejevo city government. Whether he is allowed to continue or not is unresolved for now, and his website makes no mention of any controversy. And even when the mainstream media catch up and realize that the "Bosnian Pyramid of the Sun" is no such thing, it will have entered the annals of fantastic archaeology and will have a multitude of believers and defenders.

--------------------
http://forums.atlantisrising.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=28;t=000023;p=1

Report Spam   Logged
Cassandra
Superhero Member

« Reply #125 on: May 13, 2008, 01:35:35 am »

Mummy
Member # 3132

Rate Member   posted 06-23-2006 10:32 AM                       

quote:
Originally posted by Ishtar:
I think I love this man..........

quote:
Member # 3124

Member Rated:
posted 06-22-2006 11:21 AM
Hello Mummy,

The problem is that the public and governments cannot entertain every nutbar that wants to dig holes about their national treasures in pursuit of some whacko personal theory.

Look at the Bosnian Pyramids as an example of an out of control nutbar destroying what appears to be legitimate bronze age sites in conjunction with corrupt local officials, pyramids notwithstanding.

I am not sure where you are from but if you are from say the US, it would be akin to granting some obscure group, no one has ever heard of from a dubious country permission to dig up the Alamo in search of Viracocha's lost tomb.

Robert Catesby

Ishtar,i hope you are a female..  Cheesy

The guy just called 82% bosnians nutbars,i think we all know who the nutbars really are here.
If 82%++ people want to dig then let them dig,your whining about it and signing the petition wont change anything.
Your only arguments are insults to one guy who started it all,and as i said previously they arent using machines and dynamite to dig, theyre using simple tools and brushes to clean the blocks,how can that damage medieval graves and skeletons?

--------------------

Report Spam   Logged
Cassandra
Superhero Member

« Reply #126 on: May 13, 2008, 01:36:11 am »

Mummy
Member # 3132

Rate Member   posted 06-23-2006 10:38 AM                       
Yea they really damaged this """medieval""" wall:

--------------------

Report Spam   Logged
Cassandra
Superhero Member

« Reply #127 on: May 13, 2008, 01:37:10 am »

Ishtar

Member # 736

posted 06-23-2006 10:44 AM                       
08 May 2006, 15:30 (GMT+2:00) : Tuzla (FENA). Professors from the Faculty of Mining and Geology at the University of Tuzla, acting members of the Geological explorations team that did geological studies of the Visocica hill near Visoko (the locality of an alleged Bosnian pyramid), presented today at a press conference in Tuzla the final results of their research completed at the request by the Foundation "Arheološki park Bosanska piramida sunca" Visoko. The team leader Professor Dr. Sejfudin Vrabac said that they have concluded that Visočica hill is a natural geological formation, made of classic sediments of layered composition and varying thickness, and that its shape is a consequence of endodynamical and egsodynamical process in post-Miocene era. According to Professor Vrabac who specializes in paleogeology, there are dozens of like morphological formations in the Sarajevo-Zenica mining basin alone. The Geological team report on Visocica, based on the data collected in six drill holes at 3 to 17 m depths, is supported by the Research and Teaching Council of the Faculty of Mining and Geology, as well as the Association of Geologists of Federation of Bosnia and Herzegovina.

Representatives of the Foundation "Bosanska piramida sunca" from Visoko were present at the press conference, and a member of that foundation and the coordinator for geological research Ms. Nadzija Nukić (BS geology, U of Tuzla 1971) rejected the research findings by the scientific staff from the University of Tuzla, stating that their research was "too superficial for making final conclusions". According to her, there are "too many elements that point at the conclusion that human hand took part in building the pyramid". She added that the excavations will continue as planned, announcing a visit by the pyramid and geology experts from Egypt in mid-May. According to her, "they should provide answers to some questions by the method of comparison". She added that it is her understanding that the Visocica hill near Visoko is not a lone example as there are nine objects or natural formations shaped as pyramids on the territory of Bosnia and Herzegovina, which "can hardly be a coincidence". "Tunnels, the existence of which is undeniable, also lead to the need for additional explorations that, regardless of the report by the University of Tuzla, are continuing", said Nukić.

See fully referenced source >>

http://www.unrv.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=2381&st=45

--------------------

Report Spam   Logged
Cassandra
Superhero Member

« Reply #128 on: May 13, 2008, 01:37:53 am »

Mummy
Member # 3132

Rate Member   posted 06-23-2006 10:45 AM                       
He actually has some evidence to support the 12000years theory.
By a geologist,i cant remember the name but i saw it on TV:
The depth on which the sandstone blocks are found is 40cm.They type of soil that formed on the sandstone requires at least 250-300 years to form 1cm,therefore 250X40cm=10000years.

[ 06-23-2006, 10:46 AM: Message edited by: Mummy ]

--------------------

Report Spam   Logged
Cassandra
Superhero Member

« Reply #129 on: May 13, 2008, 01:38:30 am »

Ishtar

Member # 736

posted 06-23-2006 10:45 AM                       
yea I am female,  Grin

--------------------

Report Spam   Logged
Cassandra
Superhero Member

« Reply #130 on: May 13, 2008, 01:39:04 am »

Ishtar

Member # 736

posted 06-23-2006 10:47 AM                       
let's just see, time will tell, you post pro I'll post con, and we can weigh the balance.

By the way, isn't it odd that he has named other hill formation as pyramids in Bosnia already, without even researching them?

He has no evidence, there have been no digs at these sites, yet he has already decided they are pyramids also,

Has dating been done?

He is putting the cart before the horse.

Lets see,

Either there are pyramids, ?"not proven yet."

He is the biggest liar on the planet?

In which case he should be sent to hades.

or,

He is insane?

All we can do is wait.

[ 06-23-2006, 10:58 AM: Message edited by: Ishtar ]

--------------------

Report Spam   Logged
Cassandra
Superhero Member

« Reply #131 on: May 13, 2008, 01:39:51 am »

Mummy
Member # 3132

Rate Member   posted 06-23-2006 11:17 AM                       
I agree he is a bit crazy with the 27000 years and aliens,if this was a fraud,wouldnt he keep his mouth shut as long as possible until it is prooven that this isnt a pyramid?
He cant beat the chinese liars   Smiley
i think we should rather discuss chinese pyramids until these are excavated.Ill go start a thread.

--------------------

Report Spam   Logged
Cassandra
Superhero Member

« Reply #132 on: May 13, 2008, 01:40:38 am »

Psycho

Member # 2035

posted 06-23-2006 11:17 AM                       
Getting a little bit carried away, aren't we Ishtar? The guy may or may not have found something. You respond by calling him:

(a) the biggest liar on the planet
(b) possibly insane
(c) that he should be sent to Hades.

I am just baffled at the campaign waged against this guy. If it were against Zawi Hawass, I might understand, hell, I might even join in, but Osmaganic? How many people even heard of him before he started this dig?

And look at what we have for the campaign: on the one hand we have some pictures that look like there might be something there, on the other hand, all these people running around with their petition insulting him.

Oh, and the biggest liar on the planet is either Rush Limbaugh or George Bush, so Osmaganic isn't even close.
Report Spam   Logged
Cassandra
Superhero Member

« Reply #133 on: May 13, 2008, 01:41:15 am »

Robert Catesby
unregistered

posted 06-23-2006 11:32 AM                 
“Ahhhhhhmmm, Excuse me Ma’am, are you the one they call Ishtar?”

(Assuming affirmative response)

“Well my name is Catesby, Robert Catesby. Actually, it is Sir Robert Catesby in more formal circles but you Americans prefer more informal forms of address.”

“You professed your love for me in a previous post here?”

(Again, assuming a somewhat blushing but eager affirmative response.)

“Well, I must say, my dear Ishtar, you are a very, very beautiful woman. And of course, as wise as the beautiful goddess who bears your name. You have no idea how long I have searched for you ‘cross mountain and sea, over hill and dale and through one fleabag hotel and sleezy bar after another and countless cheap whiskey hangovers.”

“But enough talk from me, my true love, may I have this dance?”

(Great orchestral crescendo, camera pulls back as Sir Robert looking magnificent in tux and tails, salt and pepper hair slicked back and freshly waxed handlebar moustache whisks his beloved resplendent in silvery form fitting gown, tiara glinting the reflected light of the chandeliers above across the dazzling white marble dance floor.)

(Sir) Robert Catesby 
Report Spam   Logged
Cassandra
Superhero Member

« Reply #134 on: May 13, 2008, 01:41:57 am »

Huggy

Member # 2417

posted 06-23-2006 11:38 AM                       

--------------------
As Above So Below.

Posts: 1442 | From: Native forest | Registered: Apr 2005   
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: