Atlantis Online
April 19, 2024, 06:49:53 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Remains of ancient civilisation discovered on the bottom of a lake
http://en.rian.ru/analysis/20071227/94372640.html

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Publication of: "The Strange Diary Of Anna Dupree."

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Publication of: "The Strange Diary Of Anna Dupree."  (Read 3016 times)
unknown
Superhero Member

« on: April 22, 2007, 09:25:11 pm »

Quess What?

I have a magazine publisher interested in, "The Strange Diary of Anna Dupree," but they want a clean edit and a resolution to the story, so I guess I will have to write a new sequel. As I don't think the one that I did write is satisfactory. Which I only know because of all the reviews I got here. Also, I never would have sent it to a publisher if I hadn't received such wonderful feedback. Thank You.

I want to thank everyone here at the forum who has read my stories and poems. I want to give a special thanks to those of you who reviewed or citiqued them.

I must say that you all are wonderful...drinks on me (metaphorically speaking that is).
« Last Edit: April 25, 2007, 11:57:16 am by unknown » Report Spam   Logged

"There exists an agent, which is natural and divine, material and spiritual, a universal plastic mediator, a common receptical of the fluid vibrations of motion and the images of forms, a fluid, and a force, which can be called the Imagination of Nature..."
Elphias Levi

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Sarah
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2007, 09:34:13 pm »

Bravo.  Can we see all the various endings once again and vote on them?  We'll get this ending straightened out for you in time.

Sarah
Report Spam   Logged

"If I forget thee, O Jerusalem, may my right hand fail..." - King David, Psalms 137:5

http://www.zwoje-scrolls.com/shoah/index.html

http://www.holocaustchronicle.org/
unknown
Superhero Member

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2007, 09:37:06 pm »

Hi Sarah

Thank You, sweetheart

I think I am going to write a new one, I want to do something closer to Anna's time as has been suggested by my oh so intelligent audience.

But I will definately post whatever I come up with for review.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2007, 09:39:26 pm by unknown » Report Spam   Logged

"There exists an agent, which is natural and divine, material and spiritual, a universal plastic mediator, a common receptical of the fluid vibrations of motion and the images of forms, a fluid, and a force, which can be called the Imagination of Nature..."
Elphias Levi
Trevor Proffitt
Superhero Member

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2007, 01:15:47 am »

How much time do you have to get it ready?
Report Spam   Logged
unknown
Superhero Member

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2007, 06:29:12 am »

Hi Trevor

I don't really know, I am new so new at this...I imagine I have at least a week to two weeks.

I am trying to compose a letter to the editor.
Report Spam   Logged

Elphias Levi
Daffy Duck

« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2007, 03:19:15 pm »

Congrats unknown.

Do we get a cut of the royalties? Wink

Nice tubes on the beer wench, btw...
Report Spam   Logged
unknown
Superhero Member

« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2007, 03:37:17 pm »

Hi Daffy

Thanks
Report Spam   Logged

Elphias Levi
Trent
Superhero Member

« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2007, 11:39:29 am »

Way to go, buddy, I hope you still remember us when you are rich and famous.  Like Daffy said, a cut of the royalities will do - especially when you start selling the movie rights.
Report Spam   Logged

"That which does not kill us, makes us stronger."
unknown
Superhero Member

« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2007, 12:00:56 pm »

Hi Trent

Thanks,

Its not a done deal yet...even if this is published its still a long road ahead. Smiley

Report Spam   Logged

Elphias Levi
Psycho
Superhero Member

« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2007, 11:43:19 am »

Ever try getting a literary agent, Unknown?
Report Spam   Logged
unknown
Superhero Member

« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2007, 10:27:17 pm »

Hi Psycho

No, I haven't but it is something that I am considering, especially since my portfolio has grown.
I think if I get somethings published on my own it would help me to get an agent.

Report Spam   Logged

Elphias Levi
Pagan
Superhero Member

« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2007, 02:19:15 am »

I still think it needs some sex scenes. Act Two should feature Anna under the wicked thrall of a monster with tentacles.  She can't leave the dang thing and can't figure out why! 
Report Spam   Logged

╔╪╪╪╪╪╪╪╪╗
☼The Pagan ☼
╚╪╪╪╪╪╪╪╪╝
unknown
Superhero Member

« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2007, 02:50:16 pm »

Hi folks  Cheesy

Well I am still waiting on word about Anna from Wicked Tales... But for those of you who might be interested, "The Devil's Pen" will be featured in issue 268 of Bewildering Tales.

I would once again like to thank my readers and critics here at Atlantis Online who have helped me more than you can know. I would also like to give special thanks to Veronica Poe for her critic of my work, which made it a better story. 
Report Spam   Logged

Elphias Levi
Veronica Poe
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2007, 05:35:36 pm »

You are completely welcome, Unknown.  See what you can accomplish with a little persistence?  Remember, it is often the people who are the most persistent, not the most talented who are successful. The only reason I pushed you was because I knew you had it in you to do better.

Hopefully, this is the first of many stories to become published, and one day you will be a very successful author. Then, we can say, it all started here.

Peace,

Veronica
Report Spam   Logged
unknown
Superhero Member

« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2007, 05:40:54 pm »

Thanks again Veronica

From your lip's to God's ear's...
« Last Edit: June 30, 2007, 09:01:09 pm by unknown » Report Spam   Logged

Elphias Levi
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: