Atlantis Online
March 29, 2024, 07:15:19 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Has the Location of the Center City of Atlantis Been Identified?
http://www.mysterious-america.net/hasatlantisbeenf.html

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Bimini & Cay Sal 2006

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bimini & Cay Sal 2006  (Read 2797 times)
Desiree
Superhero Member

« Reply #105 on: May 04, 2008, 01:13:34 am »

George Erikson
Member # 1129

Member Rated:
   posted 07-15-2006 01:55 PM                       
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Greg, I think this will interest you:

Friends:

Please review the copy below, which is the latest entry on The Mega Blog (see link below). I’m sending this along to you as a separate item because it mentions you and/or your work and I’d like to invite you to participate in the project by posting your own thoughts or by commenting on the thoughts of others, including me. If you wish, I’ll even create separate “channels” for each of you that focus on your individual areas of expertise. Those of you who have Web sites are already featured on my links page at http://www.NWIDI.org/links.htm and I’ll try to create a similar page on the blog as well. If you don’t have a Web site and want one, let me know!

<<< Begin blog entry >>>

MEGA Redefined

When I first started this blog, I was very interested in learning more about the reported discovery of an underwater megalithic site off the northwestern tip of Cuba. My objective was to trudge through the many articles, interviews and commentaries and piece together an up-to-date report on the discovery and the discoverers. During my trek, I’ve learned about other recent discoveries throughout the Caribbean that are almost as fascinating as the alleged “lost city of Cuba” so I’ve decided to broaden the scope of this blog. I’m also going to coin a new term to refer to my specific region of interest: MegaAmerica.

As opposed to Mesoamerica, which generally refers to the terrestrial region that extends roughly from the Tropic of Cancer in central Mexico down through northwestern Costa Rica [1], I’ll use MegaAmerica to refer to the Caribbean Sea, The Gulf of Mexico and all the lands they touch. For good measure, I’ll also throw in all the islands of the Bahamas and the Lesser Antilles.

As with Mesoamerica, MegaAmerica will refer to civilizations that existed prior to the arrival of the Spanish, around 1500. This includes the Ciboney (or Siboney), the Taino (or Island Arawak) [see blog entry “Where Are the Artifacts?”] and any groups that preceded them. Specifically, I’ll focus on evidence for a maritime culture capable of building megalithic structures such as those found at Bimini, Andros and (possibly) the “lost city of Cuba” itself.

In blog entries that follow, I’ll examine in more detail the findings and theories of Greg & Lora Little, Bill Donato, George Erikson & Ivar Zapp, Angie Micol and others whose work supports the theory that an ancient maritime civilization once sailed the seas of the Americas. And, of course, I’ll continue to follow the developments of the original MEGA site, if (and when) credible information becomes available.

~~~~~~~

[1] Wikipedia, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mesoamerica

<<<End blog entry >>>

NOTE: I haven’t been able to find an email address for Greg Little, so will someone please forward this message on to him?

Regards,

R.J. Archer

Email: rja@NWIDI.org

Web: http://www.NWIDI.org

BLOG: http://www.TheMegaBlog.com
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posts: 572 | From: Prescott, AZ USA | Registered: Aug 2002   
Report Spam   Logged

This power came forth out of the Atlantic Ocean. But afterwards there occurred violent earthquakes and floods; and in a single day and night of misfortune all your warlike men in a body sank into the earth, and the island of Atlantis in like manner disappeared in the depths of the sea.
Desiree
Superhero Member

« Reply #106 on: May 04, 2008, 01:14:13 am »

Desiree

Member # 2991

Member Rated:
   posted 07-17-2006 10:17 PM                       

quote:
Originally posted by Greg Little:
Des: The side-scanning and sub-bottom profiling at Bimini is scheduled for this November, hopefully after most of the hurricanes. Bill Donato is overseeing that.

Another tv network show is planning to do a show focusing on Bimini, but we (my wife and I) probably won't participate.

One skeptic (an archaeologist) has slightly altered his position, but probably won't go public on it.

As far as I know, there are only 3 living skeptics ("scientists") who have actually have been to the Bimini Road. All 3 are described as geologists. Their research--some of it nearly 35-years ago--is questionable, but their assertions were so strong that seeing any of them pubically admit they were wrong is quite unlikely.

But the facts will gradually speak for themselves. In general, we (my wife and I) are done at Bimini, except for perhaps looking at the newly discovered formation with the columns. We have essentially proven that Bimini had a harbor there in ancient times, but the mainstream may or may not accept it. We plan on extensively exploring the Bahamas underwater using 2 combined technologies: continuous side-scan sonar and an underwater remote camera.

Hi Greg, if you don'tmind my saying, the findings at Bimini deserve a whole new book and video to promote them. Or maybe you could write an "expose" on how the archaeological community falsifies and uses sloppy work to form it's erroneous conclusions.

The skeptic who has slightly altered his position wouldn't by any chance be Ken Federer, would he?

Also, would the Mayan underwater cave complex somehow be linked with Bimini? Both it, Bimini, Cay Sal and Andros would seem to be evidence that a really large part of the Caribbean was once above water at one time.
Report Spam   Logged

This power came forth out of the Atlantic Ocean. But afterwards there occurred violent earthquakes and floods; and in a single day and night of misfortune all your warlike men in a body sank into the earth, and the island of Atlantis in like manner disappeared in the depths of the sea.
Desiree
Superhero Member

« Reply #107 on: May 04, 2008, 01:15:12 am »

Greg Little
Member # 2829

Member Rated:
   posted 07-18-2006 08:35 AM                       
Des:

Good guess, yes, it's Ken Feder. It's difficult to say how much his position might change.

The underwater caves off Yucatan--that have skeletons and date to 11,000-years-ago--are probably from the ancestors of the Maya, but the dna tests that would be required to determine that haven't been done (as far as I know). There is no way to tell if the Yucatan people in 9,000 BC were related to Bimini. The caves are between 50-110 feet below current sea level and are certain to have been exposed land when they were used.

It is a certainty that the entire Great Bahama Bank--linking Bimini and Andros, was above sea level 10,000 years ago. The Bank is only 2-15-feet deep. It was a massive island.
Report Spam   Logged

Desiree
Superhero Member

« Reply #108 on: May 04, 2008, 01:15:44 am »

Desiree

Member # 2991

Member Rated:
   posted 07-20-2006 06:28 AM                       
Hi Greg,

Ken Feder seemed to water down some of his earlier critiques in the latest documentary so it wasn't hard to figure out. I heard that he used to teach a whole class debunking Atlantis (mostly from the Donnelly info, not Plato), so hopefully he'll put the new info in there.

Wouldn't this Mayan/Pre-Mayan civilization be a good candidate for what we are talking about when it comes to Atlantis? George mentioned the older layers of the structures being the most perfect. Apparently, it is a lot older than science currently gives it credit for, and it is a complete civilization. Do you know if any of the artifacts in the underwater caves have been dated?

Also, I have been looking around for an Ice Age map of the island in the Grand Bahamas Bank. I've found a lot of info verifying that it was all an island. Is there any one point that looks like Plato's circular city or is the sole candidate so far in Zapata?
Report Spam   Logged

Desiree
Superhero Member

« Reply #109 on: May 04, 2008, 01:16:18 am »

Greg Little
Member # 2829

Member Rated:
   posted 07-20-2006 11:06 AM                       
Feder does teach a class in fantastic archaeology. His textbook is the primary one used in most graduate schools of archaeology--wherein they try to "debunk" what they see as wild ideas. He did alter his textbook's discussion on Cayce based on a series of information exchanges we had. He is quite aware of the problems with the false skeptical assertions about Bimini but it remains to be seen if he changes anything else. I don't see him as an enemy.

Yes, the pre-Maya peoples could be a possible link to Atlantis descendants...that will probably be resolved in the mtDNA research. The only artifacts that I know have been dated are the skeletons themselves, and I think there were 3 complete ones. They dated to 11,000-years ago.

I have found nothing in the formations of the Ice-Age era island of the Great Bahama Bank that remotely fits Plato's circular city. But we are looking for a multi-ringed island at the south side of a plain...with a mountain range to the north. The big problem is that the depth of the sand on the Bank is generally unknown. A few people continue to assert that the Bahamas islands known as "Long Rocks" are the remains of the circular city. I don't agree at all with what they see. Thus far, Zapata remains the only area I've found that matches the circular city, with the canals from the north, the mountain range, and the plain.
Report Spam   Logged

Desiree
Superhero Member

« Reply #110 on: May 04, 2008, 01:17:24 am »

Desiree

Member # 2991

Member Rated:
   posted 07-20-2006 11:29 PM                       
Underwater caves off Yucatan yield three old skeletons—remains date to 11,000 B.C.

by Dr. Greg Little

September 10, 2004

At the international "Early Man in America Seminar" in Mexico City on September 9, 2004, an archaeological team from Mexico's National Institute of Anthropology and History reported one of the most significant finds ever made in American archaeological history. Three well-preserved skeletons were discovered in underwater caves off the Caribbean coast of Yucatan during dives during 2001 and 2002. The skeletons were found in 65-foot-deep water. The University of California in Riverside carbon-dated charcoal samples found with one of the skeletons to over 13,000 calendar years ago—11,000 B.C. The find represents the oldest carbon date associated with any human bone remains found in the Americas. Mexican archaeologist Arturo Gonzalez led the dive team.

Gonzalez noted that during the last Ice Age, sea levels were much lower, but as we reported in our book and video documentary, "The ARE's Search for Atlantis," archaeologists from Florida State University's Underwater Archaeology Department (FSU) found that in the area "of the Bahamas in 10,500 B.C., the water levels were only about 100 feet lower than today. But areas of human occupation on these ancient shores tend to cluster at depths around the 45-foot level."

The major problem with Edgar Cayce's placement of a portion of Atlantis in the Bahamas and Caribbean region has long been the lack of archaeological finds definitively placing humans in the area earlier than 4000-6000 B.C. But FSU has found the remnants of human settlements along the continental shelf off Florida—dated to 10,000 B.C.—consistently in 45-feet of water. The Yucatan find now confirms that humans were in the region where the Cayce readings state that Atlanteans went just prior to the final destruction, which occurred circa 10,500 B.C.

According to Cayce, the Yucatan Hall of Records was established by a small group of Atlanteans, led by a priest named Iltar. They first went to coastal areas of Yucatan and then deeper inland. The location of the Yucatan Hall of Records is believed to be in Piedras Negras, Guatemala. But other Atlanteans fled to areas of Central and South America at the same time.

The new discovery of Yucatan remains dated to 11,000 B.C. comes as we are completing the video documentary, "The Yucatan Hall of Records," scheduled for release at the ARE's Annual Ancient Mysteries Conference. The discovery has been incorporated into the video and confirms several statements made by Andrew Collins, which were made during a videotaped interview for the documentary. Collins, author of the best selling, "Gateway to Atlantis," tells the story of Votan, the Guatemalan highlands version of Itzamna. In both the stories of Itzamna and Votan, related in Maya codices, the founder of the Maya culture was said to have come from an island in the east. Collins stated that substantial research has shown that Votan's origin was definitely Cuba. Both Itzamna and Votan carried written records with them. According to Collins, Votan landed on the shores of the Yucatan coast and gradually moved north. We believe that Cerritos Island, which we visited in August 2004, may have been the initial landing site of Iltar/Itzamna/Votan.

When he reached the first river he found, Votan followed it upstream for a long distance. When he reached a desirable location, he stopped and established the beginning of Maya civilization.

The Usumacinta River is the first river encountered when one follows the coast to the north. Collins now believes that Votan may well have stopped at the site of Piedras Negras, which lies on the Usumacinta and established "an outpost of Atlantis." The records carried by Votan would, therefore, probably have been placed where Votan stopped.

Of course, the major problems with dating this event to circa 10,000 B.C. are twofold. The first is that no human remains had ever been found in the Yucatan region definitively showing human occupation there anytime near 10,000 B.C. That problem has now been resolved. The second problem is that few, if any, Maya archaeologists are willing to concede dates earlier than 1000 B.C. for the beginnings of the Maya. But archaeologists at Piedras Negras have already confirmed dates at the site of at least 1000 B.C. and they believe that far older dates are highly likely to be found at the barely excavated site. For example, an altar at Piedras Negras has dates on it that relate to the beginning of the current Maya era in 3114 B.C. and stellar alignments of pyramids at Piedras Negras point to the rise of Orion's Belt in 3114 B.C. as well as the setting of Orion's Belt in 2012 A.D., the end date of the current Maya era. The same altar, however, also relates that a Piedras Negras ruler was present at an important event in 4900 B.C. meaning that either the event described is a complete fiction—or that Piedras Negras was occupied far earlier than thought. Finally, other monuments in the Maya world have dates extending to an astonishing 400 million-years ago.

In sum, as time passes, the pieces to the puzzle of the origin of the Maya civilization are slowly coming together. While we know that humans were in the Americas as long ago as 50,000 years, the area of the Caribbean has long presented an enigma in that evidence of human occupation there around 11,000-years ago has been absent. Now, the story related in Edgar Cayce's readings on Atlantis, The Yucatan Hall of Records, and the establishment of Maya civilization are gradually being confirmed.

http://www.edgarcayce.org/am/11,000b.c.yucata.html
Report Spam   Logged

Desiree
Superhero Member

« Reply #111 on: May 04, 2008, 01:23:24 am »

Desiree

Member # 2991

Member Rated:
   posted 07-20-2006 11:38 PM                       
Great article, Greg, I didn't even know that you looked into the ancient skeletons until now. Say, did that video, "The Yucatan Hall of Records," ever come out? I haven't seen it anywhere.

Also, you wouldn't happen to now where I can find a satellite image of this circular city outside of Zapata, would you?

Okay, now that I read the article, I get the feeling I know a little more where you are coming from on the whole Mayan/Pre-Mayan thing. We know that there have been reports of European artifacts found in the western hemisphere before Columbus got there (Phoenician coins, a Roman shop and the like). Has there ever been anymore evidence of this Mayan/Pre-Mayan civiliation ever found in the Mediterranean or Europe? If there was, wouldn't that be some kind of proof of the invasion Plato was talking about?
Report Spam   Logged

Desiree
Superhero Member

« Reply #112 on: May 04, 2008, 01:24:17 am »

George Erikson
Member # 1129

Member Rated:
   posted 07-21-2006 11:05 AM                       
Greg,

Any word on the skull morphology of the skeletons found off the Yucatan?

Are you familiar with the findings of Silvia Gonzalez?

First Americans May Have Come From Australia By David Epstein DISCOVER Vol. 26 No. 01 | January 2005 | Anthropology The first time she saw it four years ago in a museum, Silvia Gonzalez knew there was something special about the skull found in Mexico City in 1959. Known as Peñon Woman III, it was long and narrow, not round and broad cheeked like the usual skulls of prehistoric Native Americans. “It looked so incredibly different,” Gonzalez says. “Physically, it was very pleasing to the eye.” Courtesy of Instituto Nacional de Antropologia e Historia (INAH), Mexico The artificially red Pericu skull (left) is decidedly longer and narrower than the broad, round Mongoloid skull (right) typical of prehistoric Native Americans.
So Gonzalez, a geoarchaeologist, and her colleagues at Liverpool John Moores University in England radiocarbon-dated the skull and found its beauty was more than bone deep. Surprisingly, the analysis showed Peñon Woman III is 12,755 years old, older than any known ancestor of modern Native Americans. Scientists believed the Siberian forebears of Native Americans arrived 9,000 years ago, at the end of the last ice age. But Peñon Woman III could help prove that the first Americans came from Australia much earlier. Based on skull comparisons, Gonzalez announced in September, she believes Peñon Woman III was an ancestor of the Pericu, peripatetic hunter-gatherers whose remains, dating back 3,000 years, have been found throughout Baja California. The Pericu were also seafarers and came from the same lineage as modern Australian Aborigines. “They could have come out of Australia, hopped along Japan and the Aleutian Islands, and followed the coast to America,” Gonzalez says. “Baja California was like a cul-de-sac, where they got trapped.” Gonzalez suggests accounts left by 18th-century Spanish missionaries of thin, shellfish-eating people in Baja refer to the Pericu. She also thinks the missionaries pushed the Pericu to extinction. “They put them in missions,” she says. “Suddenly their diet and way of life changed.” Still, it is possible that contemporary Native Americans are the descendants of groups of Pericu who moved and adapted to a different environment. “We are waiting for DNA results from Peñon Woman III,” Gonzalez says. “We still have to explain the different skulls, but we know the old story must be changed.

AtlantisInAmerica.com
Posts: 572 | From: Prescott, AZ USA | Registered: Aug 2002   

Report Spam   Logged

Desiree
Superhero Member

« Reply #113 on: May 04, 2008, 01:25:25 am »

sevens

Member # 3037

Member Rated:
   posted 07-21-2006 06:26 PM                       
I was thinking maybe they were Andites that arrived in Peru around the 12000 year mark when the sea levels where lower and there was an island land bridge East to West From Japan all the way to Peru across the Pacific.

The arrivals were regarded as Gods and the religion of the Gods was perpetuated in the myths and legends and does find harmonisation in the stars and the knowledge of them particularly Orion's belt. Thus you had a transference of knowledge and religion from Mesopotamia to Peru and the rest of the area through there legends throughout all the races in Sth America.

Easter Island was a central point. Australia was also visited and the visitors did leave there mark in Central Queensland. Maybe some of them hitched a ride and brought some of there ideas. The Andites certainly left their mark through out the world in there travels especially in Peru in the Inca race where they intermingled with them. 132 of them.

The stars of Orion's belt and what the constellation represents is the connecting parallel. In my view the Orion's belt represents the isle of God which can be entered into through an isthmus and 2 sets of gates, the 12 gates. Orion's belt rises and falls in the timeline and goes through an equinox every 26,000 years. One timeline and a half ago on the descending equinox Atlantis was built and now were are entering an ascending equinox when its is rediscovered.

It seems like a connection of Egyptian and Inca knowledge, the same knowledge , its origins are the Sethite truth of the stars which all point to land of the Gods with purpose.

Its interesting that Aztecs reliefs seem to suggest an ancient map similar to Orion's star map similar to Atlantis and all the connections of the deluge with tectonic and volcanic action in their myths.

Here is one myth relief
Myth relief

Here is an outline of an Aztec relief with my spin on it. Its what I read in it. Note: the seven stars that surround the hill, Orions belt has seven stars and combine with other constellations makes an interesting and familiar Map outline.

link

Then you have the Egyptian Orions belt and its similiar outline and shape of the isle of Maat or the Gods.

Egyptians Orions belt outline star map

I thought if you combined all the commonalities off their religions and myths and the starmap clues to what discovered represents an interesting harmonisation.

Didn't the Inca themselves speak of change in around 2012, in there own words. Doesn't major religions today talk about change, Its seems like the message of the Gods point to the one place and the myths of that place has spread throughout the world only to be part of the puzzle that is coming together, in this timeline. In the ascending equinox, seems like a good time for a mystery to unravel.

regards
sevens

[ 07-21-2006, 07:26 PM: Message edited by: sevens ]
Report Spam   Logged

Desiree
Superhero Member

« Reply #114 on: May 04, 2008, 01:26:24 am »

Greg Little
Member # 2829

Member Rated:
   posted 07-23-2006 01:06 PM                       
Des:

The Yucatan Hall of Records dvd has been out for over 2 years. The "Quest for Atlantis" documentary showed some footage from it. Among those were artifacts from Piedras Negras and the Tikal ruins. It's available from Atlantis Rising, AUP, Amazon and others. The amazon link is:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00066N9YW/ref=sr_11_1/104-0997766-6725512?%5Fencoding=UTF8&v=glance&n=130

A small image of the area of Zapata we believe could be the center city is on the bottom of this page:

http://www.mysterious-america.net/ 2004areatlantiss.html

The underwater circular formation in the center of the photo is 7-miles in diameter. There are canals leading to it from the north. The canals lead to the bottom of a semi-circular mountain range at the north that has a river running at its base. I have a great blowup from google-earth of it that shows circular bands running around the inside of the 7-mile island. Old depth charts show the precise center of the island has a high hill or mound in the center. The Google image also shows the canals!

I've managed to find about a dozen photos of the canals, but all are copyrighted.

The canals were present when the first Europeans entered Cuba and they are generally attributed to the Taino, but their age has never been determined. By the way, a large mound site in Florida, which we revisited with Andrew Collins last month, has several canals leading tens of miles from the main mound complex eventually to the Ocean and Gulf.

There is one really interesting link between the Maya port of Cerritos just off Yucatan with two of the harbors in the Mediterranean. I'm not sure what to make of this. But the breakwater at Cerritos (1000-ft long) and the seawall that surrounded the entire island (650-ft in diameter) were made like this. Slabs of beachrock were cut and then vertically embedded into the bottom. Two parallel walls of these vertical stones formed the semi-circular breakwater thus making an enclosure. The enclosure was then backfilled with smaller stones and rubble. When the entire thing was filled and level, massive slabs of beachrock were laid flat on the top forming a flat-topped breakwater. There are two Mediterranean breakwaters made the same way...also out of beachrock. It seems to be unique.

George: I am familiar with Gonzales, but the skull morphology is beyond my level of expertise. I'm banking on the mtDNA research. To my knowledge, no one has asserted that the 11,000-year-old skeletons found off Yucatan are anything but the ancestors of the Maya. mtDNA results may clarify it a bit. But I don't think anyone has published any findings yet. If you know of it, please let me know.

7s: The link to Orion is interesting. I am certain that Orion fits it all, but a new twist has emerged. Andrew Collins has essentially proven that it wasn't Orion's Belt that the Giza pyramids align to...it was Cygnus. The Cygnus link emerges in 17,000 BC and shows up in disparate places: Avebury, Giza, Newark (Ohio), Cuzco, and many other sites around the world. Collins book, The Cygnus Mystery, will be out in the UK in October, and promises to stimulate quite a fuss. The evidence he has found goes way beyond simple alignments, but goes in to specific depictions of Cygnus in ancient art (like caves), the influence of the unique cosmic rays and particles emanating from Cygnus (NASA is involved in it), and how the burst of cosmic rays created mutations in human DNA that led to a huge leap in evolution...starting in 30,000 BC, and peaking in 17,000 BC. His website (www.andrewcollins.com) already has a lot of detail on this. I'm making a documentary on it now, for simultaneous release of his book.

The 2012 date, as far as I know, is Maya in origin. There are, as I recall, only 4 sites where the date is found on Stella. One of those is Piedras Negras, Guatemala. I'm not aware that the Inca put forth that date. Of course, I might be wrong.
Report Spam   Logged

Desiree
Superhero Member

« Reply #115 on: May 04, 2008, 01:29:33 am »

Desiree

Member # 2991

Member Rated:
   posted 07-24-2006 02:54 AM                       
Hi Greg,

I did a check on Amazon.com abut your videos. Are there three of them or more?

quote:
The underwater circular formation in the center of the photo is 7-miles in diameter. There are canals leading to it from the north. The canals lead to the bottom of a semi-circular mountain range at the north that has a river running at its base. I have a great blowup from google-earth of it that shows circular bands running around the inside of the 7-mile island. Old depth charts show the precise center of the island has a high hill or mound in the center. The Google image also shows the canals!

I've managed to find about a dozen photos of the canals, but all are copyrighted.

The canals were present when the first Europeans entered Cuba and they are generally attributed to the Taino, but their age has never been determined. By the way, a large mound site in Florida, which we revisited with Andrew Collins last month, has several canals leading tens of miles from the main mound complex eventually to the Ocean and Gulf.

That is some really exciting stuff! I did notice that you have sme pix of the circular feature on pages 232-232 of your book, the A.R.E.'s Search for Atlantis, but they aren't as detailed as the ones you described from GoogleEarth. Do the circular bands run around the city, one encircling the other, just as Plato described? Also, are the canals to the north or the west? I think Plato also mentioned a long channel, five miles long. I'm sure some of these dimensions are off, but getting the general features right should be enough.

It's really a shame that the Cuban government won't allow any exploration, I doubt they know what they have!

I'm still a bit vague on the Bahamas geography. Is this circular city a separate island or is it part of the bigger island of the Grand Bahamas Bank? I always thought that the phrase, "larger than Libya and Asia combined" referred more to the territory Atlantis controlled, not the isle itself.
Report Spam   Logged

Desiree
Superhero Member

« Reply #116 on: May 04, 2008, 01:30:19 am »

sevens

Member # 3037

Member Rated:
   posted 07-24-2006 06:51 AM                       
Hi Greg
Thanks for your post I found it interesting and very intriguing. I found the ring you was talking about in Bimini quite interesting. I wish you al the best with the Cuban Government in a permit to explore. It sounds like a personal presentation would have to be done to get the permission. I remember 5 years ago I found images of block anomalies submerged of Cuba somewhere that resembles a lay out of stone buildings in sand. I'm sure something lays there and I wish you all success the obtain the right permits for the exploration.

Thanks also for the Cygnus information. I look forward to reading the book. That sounds very interesting and if can be confirmed scientifically that should be interesting.

In relation to my last post, I'm just fascinated in the parallels in the star information and in the Inca culture and the links to Mesopotamia .

Here is a link to a picture I copied from Google of the island land bridge that where close to each enough for medium sized boats to island hop from the Japan, Western Pacific to Peru at a lower sea level.

Japan to Polynesia Link
Polynesia to Peru Link[/

Ancient bowl found in the Lake Tittitacha area containing Sumerian texts, called the Fuentemagna Bowl.

The fuentemagna_bowl

The information I look into are books like The Urantia Book and the scripts to see if I can find physical clues that match the information. Anyway in the UB it does mention a transfer of knowledge and admixation of what they call The Andites. The Andites originated from Mesopotamia/Sumeria and were the forerunners of the Egyptians, way back in history before the flood.

Back some thousands of years ago, when the sea levels where lower there was an island land bridge connecting Japan to Peru that seems to stand out in Google.

It looks quite interesting and considering a lower sea level would make islands and greater landmasses stand out that could form the island land bridge from Mesopotamia to Peru. Also the discovering the Sumerian bowl in Bolivia was an outstanding find and I feel gave weight to the idea. Considering what we know about the Sumerians is only the tail end of an very ancient civilisation that I feel goes back much further than what we know.

Here is a link to these Sumerian discoveries Bolivia.

http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/arqueologia/esp_boliviarosseta_4.htm#Chapter%201

If that is the case admixation would of occurred and having been revered as Gods having fair skin and beards became part of the Inca Myths. Even there cosmology that was presented in a documentary seemed to have many parallels to Mesopotamian
star knowledge.

With that admixation of knowledge and culture throughout the thousands of years it would of emanated in various legends and tribal religions in the surrounding areas as depictions and parallels of ancient stories from afar, stories of the Gods and thier demise.

Here is decipherment of the bowl http://www.geocities.com/Tokyo/Bay/7051/Awen3a.htm

"The righteous shrine, anoint (this) shrine, anoint (this) shrine; The leader takes an oath [to] Establish purity, a favorable oracle (and to) Establish character. [Oh leader of the cult] Open up a unique light [for all], [who] wish for a noble life".

Also here is link The Back and side inscriptions on the Pokotia Monolith

http://www.geocities.com/Tokyo/Bay/7051/bpokotia.htm

Here is the message of the last panel
quite interesting

"(Putaki) speaks (in) true measure, to send forth gladness (for all). Send forth nourish(ment). (The oracle Putaki is) the father of wisdom (and) benefit (for all). (The oracle) to become a visible witness of the diving decree and knowledge. (This) pure oracle speaks the divine decree (and) makes (it) a visible witness (of the deity's power)."

Gee, are we witnessing this oracle, a divine decree of today in its message today. This oracle is a witness of today's decree through these discoveries of now! especially in light of today's conversation. How relevant is that?? for today.

Are we about to witness and we revisit and discover its meaning further. Are we coming close to something? Its a whole path discovery. Just Blown away! Is the message through the oracle a self fulfilling prophecy? and its a witness of today's proclamation!!!!

I hope that was interesting. It was like a little revelation for me in terms of the topics I what venture into.

Thanks again for your post it was interesting. I hope you come up with more evidence in the future.

regards
sevens

[ 07-26-2006, 07:00 PM: Message edited by: sevens ]
Report Spam   Logged

Desiree
Superhero Member

« Reply #117 on: May 04, 2008, 01:30:51 am »

sevens

Member # 3037

Member Rated:
   posted 07-24-2006 07:45 AM                       
reading it further I found this

from

http://www.altarcheologie.nl/connections/characters_01_files/Pokotia%20Inscriptions.htm

Bernardo's discovery of the Pokotia monument supports the research of the Verrills that the Sumerians came to South America in search of metals. A.H Verrill and R. Verrill, Americas ancient civilizations (New York: Putnam, 1953), and J. Bailey Sailing to Paradise, (New York: Simon & Schuster, 1994) maintain that the area around Lake Titicaca may have been called Lake Manu, by the Sumerians. According to the Verrills and Bailey the Sumerians came to this area in search of tin. They support this view by a discussion of the Sumerian traditions, that Sumerians set sail to the land west of the Mediterranean that they called the "Tin land of the West" or "Sunset Land". It is interesting to note that a major center in this area is Potosi. Bailey suggest that Potosi may relate to the Sumerian term Patesi the Sumerian term for 'priest king'

quote:
 a discussion of the Sumerian traditions, that Sumerians set sail to the land west of the Mediterranean that they called the "Tin land of the West" or "Sunset Land".

I thought that was interesting, I think within the Eastern Med, the land beyond the gates, the land beyond the sea to the West, the submerged location. The tin land of the west in relation to Sumerian or is the "Isle of the Gods" in the west where the tree of life was? where tin is represented as their home that went down in a flood as seen in that Aztec relief. Looks like a picture coming together or a parallel.

The mention of the Med, even from Bolivia and considering the Aztec relief in my last post with my spin on it, the map of the Eastern Mediterranean and the isle of the Gods and there message even from Bolivia and its relevance of it, today??

The Land in the West is described in the Book of Noah

here is a description of the Mediterranean deluge
67.4 And they will shut up those Angels, who showed iniquity, in that burning valley, (Eden Valley) which my great-grandfather Enoch had shown to me previously, in the west, (assuming Noah is in Mesopotamia to the east of the 1st Eden location) near the mountains of gold and silver and iron and soft metal and tin.
67.5 And I saw that valley, (The valley of Eden) in which there was a great disturbance, and a heaving of the waters. (tsunami effect) (The urantia Book rendition of the deluge) Here for another description of the Mediterranean deluge.
67.6 And when all this happened, from the fiery molten metal, (Volcanic) and the disturbance, (earthquake) which disturbed the waters in that place, a smell of sulphur (volcanic) was produced, and it was associated with those waters. (Water from the Atlantic, from the west) And that valley (valley of Eden) of the Angels (1st Eden), who led men astray, burns under the ground. (submerged)
67.7 And through the valleys of that same area, flow out rivers of fire where those Angels will be punished, who led astray those on the dry ground. (The Valley was once on dry ground inferring that the area that is now submerged) Images of 1st Eden

This is all seen in reference from the 2nd garden between The Euphrates and The Tigris.

It all seems to fit in the Mari Seal, a map of the "Tin land of the West" or "Sunset Land" the city and its acropolis hill with springs atop and its 12 gates on the isthmus, protecting the land of favour, that went down in the flood, a deluge which was recorded and transferred, even to Bolivia, by the priests. just incredible!

For me a big find was the Akkadian Seal of Mari with the 12 gates and the 2 springs on the hill, the location.

The Mari Seal

It compelling, to say the least, the whole mystery in complete.

regards
sevens

[ 07-24-2006, 08:42 AM: Message edited by: sevens ]
Report Spam   Logged

Desiree
Superhero Member

« Reply #118 on: May 04, 2008, 01:31:44 am »

Andrew Waters

Member # 914

posted 07-24-2006 11:22 PM                       
I've asked a question at least twice in the past two years about the striking dissimilarities in the two(?) geographical locations of Atlantis, in terms of the readers comprehension, but as of yet only one has seen fit to offer ''it's possible'' as an explanation as to the whereabouts of this place.

As an ''outsider'' on the topic of Atlantis I can contribute nothing. However, I do know what I am reading and have read these past few years and it seems to me, again, that Atlantis, if it exists, may have been one huge collection of states/cities/towns/highways and byways stretching from the Meditarranean/Pillars of Hercules all the way down to the Caribbean and South America. Each proponent can point with glee that their particular location can be none other than Atlantis. Why is that. Both can't be right. Can they? If both are right then the only conclusion to be had is just as I said: Atlantis covered the necessary geographical positioning to satisfy both camps. Yet neither will recognize the other's.

Since no one(?) has done any deep sea diving in the huge gaps in between the two hotly contested areas (and it may not even be possible to do this, I don't know), then the connectivity must be lying in the stretch of thousands of miles of open Atlantic Ocean waiting for future generations to discover, and once that happens, they will undoubtedly say ''Why wasn't this understood back then.''

It just doesn't make any sense to me to see why both camps can locate this place in a favored, in context, ''factually speaking'' location and won't even entertain the idea it may have stretched for thousands of miles from the north to the south; maybe even further, giving it that interconnectedness I'm talking about.

The only thing the sceptics (of Atlantis) can still cling to is the in-fighting going on about the location and interpretation of texts. It sure can't be because some type of ruins haven't been found.
Posts: 2639 | From: Akron, Ohio, USA | Registered: May 2002   
Report Spam   Logged

Desiree
Superhero Member

« Reply #119 on: May 04, 2008, 01:32:44 am »

thegreatone
Member # 3178

Rate Member   posted 07-24-2006 11:28 PM                       

quote:
Originally posted by Andrew Waters:
I've asked a question at least twice in the past two years about the striking dissimilarities in the two(?) geographical locations of Atlantis, in terms of the readers comprehension, but as of yet only one has seen fit to offer ''it's possible'' as an explanation as to the whereabouts of this place.

As an ''outsider'' on the topic of Atlantis I can contribute nothing. However, I do know what I am reading and have read these past few years and it seems to me, again, that Atlantis, if it exists, may have been one huge collection of states/cities/towns/highways and byways stretching from the Meditarranean/Pillars of Hercules all the way down to the Caribbean and South America. Each proponent can point with glee that their particular location can be none other than Atlantis. Why is that. Both can't be right. Can they? If both are right then the only conclusion to be had is just as I said: Atlantis covered the necessary geographical positioning to satisfy both camps. Yet neither will recognize the other's.

Since no one(?) has done any deep sea diving in the huge gaps in between the two hotly contested areas (and it may not even be possible to do this, I don't know), then the connectivity must be lying in the stretch of thousands of miles of open Atlantic Ocean waiting for future generations to discover, and once that happens, they will undoubtedly say ''Why wasn't this understood back then.''

It just doesn't make any sense to me to see why both camps can locate this place in a favored, in context, ''factually speaking'' location and won't even entertain the idea it may have stretched for thousands of miles from the north to the south; maybe even further, giving it that interconnectedness I'm talking about.

The only thing the sceptics (of Atlantis) can still cling to is the in-fighting going on about the location and interpretation of texts. It sure can't be because some type of ruins haven't been found.

hmm, interesting. quite possible that may have been the case. i mean look at ancient rome and how much land that empire covered. also the romans built roads stretching thousands of miles as well.
now the question, why cant they work together? the person that finds atlantis, if ever, will be regarded with the most monumental archeological find in history. i guess noone wants to share the billions upon billions in artifacts by joining forces. just my guess, greed.

--------------------
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
Albert Einstein

Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: