Atlantis Online
April 19, 2024, 11:29:13 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: FARMING FROM 6,000 YEARS AGO
http://www.thisislincolnshire.co.uk/displayNode.jsp?nodeId=156622&command=displayContent&sourceNode=156618&contentPK=18789712&folderPk=87030

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Hillary Clinton: "Rich People, God Bless Us"

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hillary Clinton: "Rich People, God Bless Us"  (Read 25 times)
Echelon Monitor

« on: May 02, 2008, 01:13:52 pm »

HRC: "Rich People, God Bless Us"
by Tumult
Thu May 01, 2008 at 01:14:45 AM PDT
Watching the O'Reilly/Clinton interview embed on MyDD, I was offended by a response of Clinton "You know what, Rich People, God Bless Us. We deserve all the opportunities, to make sure our country and our blessings continue for the next generation."  This was immediatly following saying "I am not in favor of lifting the cap (Social Security), that is Senator Obama."

Maybe I am further left than I know,  but I was offended by that line.  "Rich People, God Bless Us."   We are in a primary battle where going to San Fransisco, and mangling a sentence, that was based on a common understanding in the Democratic Party, gets one labled as elitist, condescending, patronizing, and an all around out of touch person.  Then the person championing these attacks goes on a Conservative Spin Program, and talks about God Blessing Rich People.  I think to the extent we should have God in Politics and a Sumpreme Beingss Blessing, being called upon anyone, it should be called down for our Troops her vote helped place in harms way, or those economicly depressed people that she claims to connect with more than her opponent.

Tumult's diary :: ::
"It is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God" (Matthew 19:24).
My very liberal interpretation was that someone that is fixated on wealth is going to have a problem as a champion of social justice, or the sacrifices necessary to be a good person.  And this is one of the doubts I have harbored about the Clintons since their first term in Washington.   Are they true champions of the middle class, or do they pay lip service, and have token middle class policies, while being champions of supply side economics and the wealthy class.  I am not an enemy of capitalism, or the free market, but I fear the Clintons are on the same side as the Republicans with predatory policies, that do not improve the quality of life of Americans, or allow for sustained, long term economic growth.

And following up a sentence about rich people, with a sentence about "we deserve all the opportunities".  Make me, again, think we are listening to Reagan talk about supply side economics, or the ownership club.   Maybe I am guilty of parsing lines, or reading a diffrent context than what was meant, which has already happend all too often in this primary and election cycle.  She may have gone to the wider view that all Americans deserve every opportunity. But my distrust of the Clintons economic history, and the distrust of some of the Clinton dealings, makes me look with hostility on those two sentences.

Also during this segment of the interview, to questions about raising the Social Security cap, she states she "Is not going to raise the burden on middle class families", is she of the same idea as Gibson, that the middle class has an individual salary of around $100,000.  This going along with her stating during the debate, something to effect that raising the Social Security Cap, would effect teachers, policeman, some others.  None of which to my knowledge have anywhere near $100,000 salary.   And Obama is out of touch with America?  He appears to have worked on the streets of Chicago by choice, she only has contact during an election cycle, or as political outreach.

I am clearly an Obama supporter, and quite hostile to the Clintons, so I hope I have not given into my bias here, and just participated in another blind to everything but my choice smear.  But this bothered me enough to make a first attempt at writing a diary.

I think a nasty AD could be made of this, if the Obama campaign wanted to go there.  Play those two lines by Clinton, followed by Obama saying, EVERY, American deserves every opportunity, we have suffered through years under a politics that promotes opportunity for the Wealthy, while giving set backs to American families.  We do not need 4 more years of Bush/McCain giving oppotunity to the Wealthy.  America should not place obstacles for the Wealthy, but opportunity should be given to everyone.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2008/5/1/25123/29858
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: