Atlantis Online
March 29, 2024, 09:58:13 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: DID A COMET CAUSE A FIRESTORM THAT DEVESTATED NORTH AMERICA 12,900 YEARS AGO?
http://atlantisonline.smfforfree2.com/index.php/topic,1963.0.html

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Antarctica & the Kircher Map

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Antarctica & the Kircher Map  (Read 9696 times)
HereForNow
Superhero Member

HUH?

« Reply #75 on: May 09, 2008, 11:35:43 am »

Now that we can reveiw all the recent entries that have been posted in the last week. Pictures and ideas emerge within our imaginations. One of the problems is, that so few of us are looking at globel impacts of the horrific events involved in the destruction of a continent of anykind. Displacemements, fire and lava, loss of life not localized to just the US but the world, and so on.
 It's as though we are going to have to pull the entire geologic record from between 12,000 and 10,500 BC from around the entire planet.
Report Spam   Logged

Qoais
Superhero Member

« Reply #76 on: May 09, 2008, 11:13:41 pm »

I thought that's what we were working on Huh starting with pangea.  Once we figure out how many break-ups there were, we should have a fairly good idea of when the land masses quit splitting.  It's just a matter of which branch of science we want to believe.  I'm leaning toward the theory that pangea broke up at Madagascar and THAT theory has a whole lot of logic going for it and it's very thorough.

Once we know just when the land masses quit splitting, we SHOULD be able to figure out if there was a piece that broke off and became an island some time later, after the major continent making episodes. 
Report Spam   Logged

An open-minded view of the past allows for an unprejudiced glimpse into the future.

Logic rules.

"Intellectual brilliance is no guarantee against being dead wrong."
HereForNow
Superhero Member

HUH?

« Reply #77 on: May 10, 2008, 05:07:32 am »

Man I hope we can solve this part of the mystery. Don't take me the wrong way way here. I love the challenge of trying to find new and more recent bits of information. Problem is, most of these newer bits of information are from guys like Hancock, West, and Erickson......

We need fresh perspectives....

Hopefully after the system is done being upgraded, (Tonight) we won't lose any of what we have now and we can resume the search.
Report Spam   Logged

HereForNow
Superhero Member

HUH?

« Reply #78 on: May 11, 2008, 04:43:20 pm »

Now with all things taken into consideration, a shift in the Earth's Axis even slightly further toward the north would allow the South more sunlight and heat? Right?
Report Spam   Logged

Qoais
Superhero Member

« Reply #79 on: May 11, 2008, 08:21:27 pm »

No - the opposite

Do you have a globe?  Tilt it so that the earth is sitting straight up and down.  The south is well, farther south, farther away from the sun.  If the earth was straight up and down, the temperatures would be more or less the same at north and south.  It's because the earth is titlted away from the sun at the North, that the south gets more light and heat. 
Report Spam   Logged

An open-minded view of the past allows for an unprejudiced glimpse into the future.

Logic rules.

Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #80 on: May 30, 2008, 09:41:50 am »

More on ATHANASIUS KIRCHER  and his map in SCIENTIFIC ATLANTIS:

http://atlantisonline.smfforfree2.com/index.php/topic,810.0.html
Report Spam   Logged

Your mind understands what you have been taught; your heart what is true.
Mario Dantas
Superhero Member

« Reply #81 on: July 09, 2008, 04:23:46 pm »

Report Spam   Logged

Doug Fisher

« Reply #82 on: November 07, 2009, 02:36:40 pm »

In my analysis, I found that Kircher most likely used a map of South America as his template for his crudely drawn illustration, whether he chose so consciously for a conceptual view of Atlantis or whether he was pranked into it. One of the most notable pranks played upon him included a forged Egyptian manuscript, which he accepted as genuine. Did someone provide him a forged Egyptian map of Atlantis?

You be the judge. The image below portrays the continent of South America from Abraham Ortelius' 1592 Typus Orbis Terrarum alongside Kircher's Atlantis map. They both correctly depict a recessed southeastern coastline interrupted by the Rio de la Plata (D), but both also present erroneous depictions of a straight western coastline (B) as well as a blunt west to east rising southern tip (C). In the northwest corner they both also include the same signature scalloped coastline (A) as well as a second lesser scallop adjacent clockwise.

Perhaps even more telling of Kircher's fascination with this South American design is the fact that he resurrects this very same extremely outdated 73-year-old design of the continent within his 1665 world map (Image below). Kircher only makes very very minor adjustments to Ortelius' design to conform with contemporary knowledge of the continent, like the addition of a crease along the western coastline. (You can click on the image to view an interactive map which allows you to zoom in on the continent.)

Best regards,
Doug
« Last Edit: November 07, 2009, 02:37:29 pm by Doug Fisher » Report Spam   Logged

Mario Dantas
Superhero Member

« Reply #83 on: November 15, 2009, 04:53:16 am »

Dear Doug,

Long time no see, Yes, you are right that there are coincidences between South-America, Ortellius map and Kircher, but "Scientific" evidences show that Greenland was in fact in front of the Pillars. That is undeniable!

There is an unknow occlusion between Europe, Africa and Greenland, what we read in the books isn't the real truth, it seems there was something else... Why is South America shape identical to that of New Zealand? and Australia?
Report Spam   Logged

Ares, God of War
Superhero Member

« Reply #84 on: November 15, 2009, 04:55:20 pm »

Hey Mario,

I agree with Doug.  The Kircher map could just as easily be South Amerrica, which also coincidentally, has two growing seasons, canals, ancient civilzations and is beyond the Pillars of Hercules.  Clearly, its more logical to assume that the ancients just mistook South America for Atlantis, right?

Ares
Report Spam   Logged
Mario Dantas
Superhero Member

« Reply #85 on: November 16, 2009, 05:22:51 am »

Dear Ares,

What are your Majors?  Grin

Well you could be right, but (un)fortunately you are wrong... what about obvious Continental Oclusion? People never coment...

Are you aware that South America was once bound with Antarctica and that it could't have been an Island in the past? The "ancients", as you put it, were not that ancient in the first place and certainly did not know where the island was located, would they? That is a mere coincidence. There is "NO" Continental oclusion between South America and the African and European Northern Hemisphere Atlantic coast. South America is related with the Southerner West of Africa, and not the Northwest. 

You are free to agree with whoever you like, for as long as you stick with the truth. Doug is a respected researcher but unfortunately wrong, in my opinion, about the real location of Atlantis. I understand all Atlantis "theorizations" to be a valid and contributive effort, but, only in the absence of a better hypothesis, and that is the real and true one. If a better and more productive research can lead exactly to the location of Atlantis i suggest you think again...

regards,
Mario Dantas

« Last Edit: November 16, 2009, 05:27:35 am by Mario Dantas » Report Spam   Logged

Qoais
Superhero Member

« Reply #86 on: November 17, 2009, 10:15:55 pm »

Hey Mario,

I agree with Doug.  The Kircher map could just as easily be South Amerrica, which also coincidentally, has two growing seasons, canals, ancient civilzations and is beyond the Pillars of Hercules.  Clearly, its more logical to assume that the ancients just mistook South America for Atlantis, right?

Ares

Unless of course the ancients mistook Antarctica for Atlantis! Cheesy
Report Spam   Logged

Logic rules.

BlueHue2

Blue-Hue? is he Just Blind, or a One-eyed 'king' ?

« Reply #87 on: February 26, 2013, 01:26:23 pm »

BlueHue Two
Report Spam   Logged

Atlantis in,"historical-Perspective"
=Known-World,Oikumene=Now,Yemen>Surat-89

This Egyptian,INDIAN-Ocean trade-Empire was
ruled by-CEO-Queen Tiy

PLATO wrote (GREEK!)" ATHE " Now,Aden= Solomon's/OFIR, in Herodotus-Araby-Map

ATLANTIS-Dialogue=Satire,on Athens-Trade boycott(of Darius2,413bc)
FLOR_DE_LIZ

« Reply #88 on: February 26, 2013, 05:52:43 pm »

If you've seen the Harrison Ford film, he probably will inform you that , you're digging on the wrong side  Grin

As so , please be humble , and sincerely, i reveal first hand the REAL-LOCATION OF Atlas - Atlantis , on the site below : open until the end , and look at
the left side of the satellite image  :

www.mapasruasestradas.com/portugal-/Madeira/
Report Spam   Logged

FL
AlinaJones

« Reply #89 on: December 04, 2015, 04:25:00 am »

everone is here all are we waiting for the upcomming Sci-Fi movie Star Wars Force Awaken, i am here to tell you guys if you are really waiting then you will also want something unique outfit for yourself when you are going to watch this show in this movie John Boyega and Harrison Ford both wearing leather outfit and famous movie jackets providing this outfit at very reasonable cost also you cal avail Christmas Sale. upto 30% Off on all the your desire. visit here to grab this offer:
http://www.famousmoviejackets.com/904/star-wars-force-awakens-harrison-ford-jacket.html
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: