Atlantis Online
April 19, 2024, 03:50:32 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: USA showered by a watery comet ~11,000 years ago, ending the Golden Age of man in America
http://dsc.discovery.com/news/briefs/20050926/mammoth_02.html

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

You Go, Hillary!!!!

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: You Go, Hillary!!!!  (Read 317 times)
Kristina
Superhero Member

« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2008, 10:11:22 pm »

Well, the media is sexist, and they are sexist without even being aware of it (that is how sexist America tends to be these days), however, that isn't the reason that Hillary is losing. 

The reason she is losing is because she planned poorly after Super Tuesday, lost eleven contests in a row, and now is behind almost insurmountably when it comes to pledged delegates.  That's a hard row to tow.  And I also think that Hillary's supporters don't fully understand the process, will only realize that she lost, and so, many won't vote for Obama, while missing the bigger picture.

The bigger picture being that not voting for who the Democratic nominee will mean more Scalias on the court, the continuation of the war in Iraq, and the continuation of this propaganda fed "War on Terror."

Hi Kristina,

I suppose there is some sexism in the media, but it doesn't hurt Hillary.  For example, in the last debate the moderators never grilled Hillary about wearing a lapel pin.  A woman doesn't have to worry about that sort of thing.

There are probably multiple reasons why Hillary lost the nomination.  For me, it had nothing to do with Super Tuesday.  It was the way the Clintons--both of them--conducted themselves.  In other words, it has less to do with calculating votes and more to do with character, integrity and honesty.  That's not something you can add in at the last minute.  It's built up over a lifetime.

I have to disagree with you on some of these points, Tom. It's true that Hillary does have a high negative rating, but the Clintons themselves only began losing popularity in the Democratic Party once they began attacking Barack Obama, a fellow Democrat.  Bill Clinton left office with the highest popularity of any President ever, even Reagan, and, by a two to one margin, people preferred him over George W. Bush just a couple of years ago.

They actually had a higher support among blacks then Obama did, their attacks on him during South Carolina, of course, evaporated all of that.

The campaign was run badly from the start.  They didn't have any infrastructure in place after Super Tuesday. And, let's face it, once Hillary became negative, she lost a lot of support.  She did get a grilling in some of the early debates, when she was the frontrunner, I hope you remember the debate where Tim Russert tried to pin her down when it came to the idea of licenses given to illegal aliens.  There was also a debate when everyone smelled blood after the loss in Iowa where she also was given a hard time.  Rightly or wrongly, she has her supporters that will rally around her whenever they feel she is treated unfairly and, for them, this isn't simply an ordinary election.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2008, 10:13:40 pm by Kristina » Report Spam   Logged

"Nothing gives one person so much advantage over another as to remain always cool and unruffled under all circumstances."

Thomas Jefferson
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: