Atlantis Online
March 28, 2024, 11:31:35 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Remains of ancient civilisation discovered on the bottom of a lake
http://en.rian.ru/analysis/20071227/94372640.html

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

A Perfect World

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A Perfect World  (Read 256 times)
Dawn Moline
Administrator
Superhero Member

« on: January 21, 2007, 02:46:01 am »

The world is perfect. It has always been so. It is we who tread upon it's soil who are not. It is a world of lush green grass and rolling hills. Of crystal clear streams and vast blue oceans. The world has mountains that stretch to the skies and plants and animals in every conceivable variety. Wondrous growing seasons, heavenly blue skies, a luxurious climate, an abundance that provides for all. The world, as it is, is perfect.

How many empires has the world seen rise and fall upon it, more to the point, does the world even care? And yet, we are lucky to be here, living upon this good, green earth.

The world is awful.

The only thing that surpasses the world's beauty is our capacity to destroy. We make motions like we like one another, but how many of us care for one another really? For every one of us that might come to each other with a sense of genuine kindness and compassion in our hearts, there are ten who may not. Our industry destroys our environment, our wars unfailingly destroy one another. The only thing we know with certainty is that each of us must someday die, perhaps hardly bettering the world, but with an unfailing capacity to perhaps make it worse.

The world is inhabited by predators, the most advanced of which are simply us. No matter what we do, we are simply a higher form of animal, and our history reminds us of what murderers we are.

Someday, the world will manage to shake off this miserable species that lays waste and destroys all it comes into contact with, like it did with the dinosaurs, 65 million years ago. And then, the world will start anew with some new form of life. And then, the world will be perfect again.

Cheers,

Dawn
Report Spam   Logged

"The unexamined life is one not worth leading."
-Plato

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Aphrodite
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2007, 09:25:16 am »

The world is gray now, fall is here, the days are shorter, and it's gotten colder out. I feel a darkness growing within me, and it always gets like that this time of year, and yet this time the world itself looks like it's getting darker, too. The world is growing more terrible, and all we have is bad news. Hard to tell which ois worse: the dark I feel growing within me or the dark I see about me, amidst the world.

Does anyone else feel as if we, the world, are headed towards something dark and conclusive before us, something that we can't yet see..?
Report Spam   Logged

"He who controls others maybe powerful, but he who has mastered himself is mightier still.” - Lao Tsu
Volitzer
Superhero Member

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2008, 04:06:29 am »

Yeah, martial law imposed by the NWO.

Cuz no one wants to elect Constitutional candidates but what crap choices we get by corporate media.

I feel a sense of impending doom myself and I just got with my soul-mate this past year.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: