Atlantis Online
April 20, 2024, 01:20:08 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Secrets of ocean birth laid bare 
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/5191384.stm#graphic

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Gobekli Tepe - The World’s First Temple - 7,000 Years Older Than Stonehenge

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Gobekli Tepe - The World’s First Temple - 7,000 Years Older Than Stonehenge  (Read 10249 times)
Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2008, 10:10:59 am »

What is even more significant about the new discoveries from Gobekli Tepe is that Klaus Schmidt,
a very forward thinking archaeologist, is now beginning to realise that this must have been the
place of emergence of the Neolithic in the ancient world towards the end of the last ice age,
c. 11,500 years ago.

The fact that so many firsts in human kind's evolution occurred in this one small region of the
globe parallels not only the ideas expressed in the Book of Genesis concerning the Fall of Man,
but also the fact that legend has long asserted that here was the biblical land of Eden.

This is exactly what I said in FROM THE ASHES OF ANGELS back in 1996, repeated also in

GODS OF EDEN in 1998,

but then Gobekli Tepe had only just been discovered and was not even known to me.

Recently, Egyptologist, writer and broadcaster David Rohl also apparently come to believe that
Gobekli Tepe marks the point of genesis of civilization, and is thus the best candidate by far for
the site of the Garden of Eden.

This follows on from his claims in his book LEGEND: THE GENESIS OF CIVILIZATION, the Eden
material being inspired by FROM THE ASHES OF ANGELS (he told me so), which saw the land of
Eden as a much larger region embracing SE Turkey, Western Iran and Northern Iraq (indeed, he
placed his 'Garden' east of Lake Urmia in Western Iran).

We had friendly arguments over this, whereby I stated that textual and oral evidnence indicated
that Eden was located between the inland sea of Lake Van and the coast of the Mediterranean
in Northern Syria, and thus was essentially in SE Turkey (Turkish Kurdistan).

He insisted it wasn't, but has now, seemingly, changed his tune.

Wait till I speak to him!

All this is good news for me, for it vindicates my work, which makes me very happy indeed.

Anyway, you can read all about Gobekli Tepe and other local proto-Neolithc sites in

THE CYGNUS MYSTERY.

http://www.andrewcollins.com/page/news/gobekli_eden.htm
« Last Edit: April 24, 2008, 10:27:05 am by Bianca » Report Spam   Logged

Your mind understands what you have been taught; your heart what is true.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: