Atlantis Online
April 19, 2024, 04:34:00 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: THE SEARCH FOR ATLANTIS IN CUBA
A Report by Andrew Collins
http://www.andrewcollins.com/page/articles/atlantiscuba.htm

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Obama: I have a problem with seniors

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Obama: I have a problem with seniors  (Read 25 times)
Adrienne
Superhero Member

« on: April 23, 2008, 03:23:49 pm »

Obama: I have a problem with seniors
Posted: 04:14 PM ET

Obama said Wednesday he needs to appeal more to older voters.
(CNN) — Barack Obama said Wednesday he has a problem appealing to senior voters.

Assessing his loss in Pennsylvania, the Illinois senator said Tuesday's primary result was not primarily due to how working class Democrats voted — a voting bloc that has long supported Clinton over Obama — then with the decisions of older voters.

"I have to say if you look at and I know my staff has talked about this: If you look at the numbers, our problem has less to do with white working class voters, the problem is, to the extent there is a problem is with older voters," Obama told reporters. "They are very loyal to sen Clinton. And I think part of that is they've got a track record of voting for not just Sen. Clinton but also her husband."

"We need to make sure on issues that are important to them — like prescription drugs or pension and retirement security — that I've got a strong track record on those issues and very specific plans to make sure that they are getting the kinds of help that they need," he also said. "And if we do that effectively, which you know we have tried to do it in all the states."

Voters over 65 are among the most reliable members of Clinton's base, though exit polls out of Pennsylvania indicate Obama may be making inroads into this demographic.

On Tuesday Clinton won about 60 percent of voters 65 and over. In the Ohio primary six weeks earlier, nearly 75 percent of those voters went for Clinton. The senior vote was particularly important in Pennsylvania as exit polls show nearly 30 percent of the electorate was over 65. In most primary states to date, those voters make up about 15 percent of the electorate.

Report Spam   Logged

"In a monarchy, the king is law, in a democracy, the law is king."
-Thomas Paine

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Volitzer
Superhero Member

« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2008, 05:11:01 pm »

Well they won't listen to anyone talking about fractional reserve banking so his cadre's scheme is sure to be locked in place that way.

God, guns, gays and Geritol  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

http://knowbeofreyouvote.com
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: