Atlantis Online
April 19, 2024, 07:03:55 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Comet theory collides with Clovis research, may explain disappearance of ancient people
http://uscnews.sc.edu/ARCH190.html

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Hillary Clinton...now the candidate you're supposed to want to have a beer with!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hillary Clinton...now the candidate you're supposed to want to have a beer with!  (Read 113 times)
Deanna Witmer
Superhero Member

« on: April 13, 2008, 07:53:20 pm »

Clinton takes a shot . . . of whiskey
Posted: 11:14 AM ET

Sen. Clinton enjoyed a shot of whiskey Saturday night in Indiana. (Photo Credit: AP)

CROWN POINT, Indiana – After a day of taking shots at rival Sen. Barack Obama over his "bitter" remarks, Sen. Hillary Clinton relaxed in Crown Point, Indiana and took a shot of a different kind – Crown Royal whiskey.

Clinton was at Bronko’s Restaurant having a beer when the bartender asked, “You want a shot with that Hillary?” After some deliberation, Clinton settled on a shot of Crown Royal, a Canadian whiskey.

Later in the evening, the Democratic presidential hopeful also sat down and had some pizza.
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Deanna Witmer
Superhero Member

« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2008, 07:57:48 pm »

Funny thing is, she even said in one of the debates, "We already had the kind of President people wanted to have a beer with and we all know how that worked out."

(Trying to paint Obama as lacking substance)

What a shameless hypocrite! 

And as for being a person of the people, sure she is, everyone has made 109 million dollars over the last seven years.  I am so sure she can relate to the middle class.
Report Spam   Logged
Volitzer
Superhero Member

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2008, 12:54:25 pm »

Well the CFR candidate knows how to pander to the Sodium-Flouridated American idiot.    Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged
Tom Hebert
Superhero Member

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2008, 01:05:50 pm »

Every time I think Hillary has stooped as low as she can go, she outdoes herself!  She must think she's in a limbo contest!

Report Spam   Logged
Vanguard of Truth
Superhero Member

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2008, 04:51:30 pm »

I just do not see the young, educated, well-informed Obama supporters EVER voting for McCain over Clinton.

I DO see the stupid, ignorant old geezers easily voting for McCain over Obama.

Gun packing beer swigging hillary has got to dodge more than sniper fire!
Report Spam   Logged
Luke Hodiak
Superhero Member

« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2008, 04:20:13 pm »

Hillary Clinton the straight shooter

By ROGER SIMON | 4/14/08 6:40 PM EST    

Clinton’s statement was not as important as her downing that shot of whiskey.
Photo: AP   

When I saw a video of Hillary Clinton downing a shot of Crown Royal whiskey in Bronko’s Restaurant and Lounge in Crown Point, Ind., on Saturday night, I was delighted to see that she has finally learned what campaigning for president is all about. 

Last week, Barack Obama went to a private fundraiser in San Francisco and made some semi-coherent remarks about how people in small towns “get bitter” and “cling” to “guns or religion.” 

Clinton blasted Obama for being “elitist and out of touch.” 

“I was taken aback by the demeaning remarks Sen. Obama made about people in small-town America,” Clinton said. 

But Clinton’s statement was not as important as her downing that shot of whiskey. 

Presidential campaigning is about image making, and there is no better image than being a man (or woman) of the people. 

Who is actually less elitist or more in touch with average Americans makes little difference. 
See Also
Long-lost article by Obama's dad surfaces
Dems seize rules advantage on trade
Clinton airs 'out of touch' ad
I am not sure that Hillary Clinton of Wellesley College and Yale Law School feels the pain of ordinary people any more keenly than Barack Obama of Columbia University and Harvard Law School. 

They are both lawyers who are married to lawyers. They are both millionaires. They both live in very nice houses. Wolves have not gathered at their doors in a long time. 

But while Americans place the office of the presidency on a pedestal and demand (though they do not always receive) higher standards from our presidents, we also demand that they be like us. 

In 1988, when George H.W. Bush was portrayed as a preppie wimp, he changed his image by drinking beer and pitching horseshoes in public. (After he was elected, he returned to martinis and golf.) 

Bill Clinton’s famous “Man From Hope” video that debuted at the Democratic convention in 1992 was designed to emphasize his small-town, man-of-the-people roots. His polling had identified a problem: Too many people associated him with Georgetown, Oxford and Yale Law School. So we also learned of Clinton’s love for Big Macs and that he put AstroTurf in the back of his pickup truck as a youth.  He was a regular guy. (Maybe a little too regular, as it turned out.) 

Bob Dole, who grew up in rural Russell, Kan., often talked about how his father wore “overalls for 42 years” and how his family lived in the basement of their house during the Depression so they could rent out the top floors. Dole rarely, if ever, talked about the very nice condos he owned at the Watergate complex in Washington and in Florida or the fact that he was a millionaire. 

And why should he? Deep down, the public knows that virtually all the people who run for president are wealthy and live an elite lifestyle, no matter how they grew up. 

What is important is their image. 

Which is why the whiskey that Hillary threw back could be the Shot Heard Round the World if handled right. 

If I were her campaign manager, I would be making the ad already: 

Video: Barack Obama in a tuxedo at a fat-cat fundraiser. 

Audio: “Barack Obama drinks Chateau D’Yquem and eats artisanal cheeses.” 

Video: Hillary Clinton throws back a whiskey at Bronko’s Restaurant. 

Audio: “Hillary Clinton knows how to drink like a real American!” 

Video: Clinton slams her shot glass on the bar and wipes her mouth with the back of her hand. 

Audio: “I’m Hillary Clinton and I approve this ad. I also approve Jell-O shots.” 

Video: Clinton grins and motions to the bartender for another. 

Audio: “Hillary Clinton. She drinks like you do.” 

Phony? Misleading? Unfair? 

Hey, this is politics. Those words don’t even exist.

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0408/9596.html
Report Spam   Logged
Volitzer
Superhero Member

« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2008, 12:09:53 am »

How about a candidate that you could honor the US Constitution with ??

Smiley
Report Spam   Logged
Deanna Witmer
Superhero Member

« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2008, 04:02:13 pm »

I'm guessing you're going to see some more staged hokey events like this seeing as we are just before the PA primary - finally!
Report Spam   Logged
Volitzer
Superhero Member

« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2008, 02:11:38 am »

Yep I'm sure they are reviewing Forrest Gump, Dumb and Dumber, and Beavis and Butthead at the CFR building planning the next campaign strategy for the American public to swallow.

Stupid is as stupid does...   Grin Grin Grin Grin

Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: