Atlantis Online
March 28, 2024, 07:47:11 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Hunt for Lost City of Atlantis
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/3227295.stm

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Myths About Muslim Tolerance

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Myths About Muslim Tolerance  (Read 942 times)
Icarus

« on: April 21, 2007, 01:45:06 am »

A MONUMENT TO MUSLIM "TOLERANCE"
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The sun was scorching. When I was about a league from the town, I saw a large tower rising in the midst of the plain, as white as Parian marble. I took the path which led to it... I sat down under the shade of the tower to enjoy a few moments' repose. No sooner was I seated than, raising my eyes to the monument, I discovered that the walls, which I supposed to be built of marble or white stone, were composed of regular rows of human skulls; these skulls bleached by the rain and sun, and cemented by a little sand and lime, formed entirely the triumphal arch which now sheltered me from the heat of the sun... In some places portions of hair were still hanging and waved, like lichen or moss, with every breath of wind. The mountain breeze, which was then blowing fresh, penetrated the innumerable cavities of the skulls, and sounded like mournful and plaintive sighs."

Such was the description of "Chele kula" given by Alphonse de Lamartine in his book "A Pilgrimage to the Holy Land... Made during a Tour in the East in 1832-1833" (Published in London, 1835, vol. 3, pp 105-106).

No other nation, but the Serbs, have such monument. The unique monument is still in its place. It is there to tell eternal story about five centuries the Serbian suffering under Muslim occupation. It is there to remind new generations of the Serbs about astonishing bravery of their forefathers.

Read the story about "Chele kula" under the photograph of the monument...

THE TOWER OF SCULLS

In spring 1809, during the first Serbian Uprising ugainst Turkish occupation, about 12,000 rebel Serbs advanced toward Nish. The town, established by Romans as Naissus, was defended by a Turkish garrison. The town was besieged by the Serb liberators.

But, a few days later, the Turks rushed some 40,000 soldiers from Bulgaria. The main Turkish attack was toward Mount Chegar held by Serbian duke Stevan Sindjelic with some 3,000 men and 4 cannons. Completely surrounded, the Serbs fought bitterly the overwhelming Turkish force. When it was certain that the Turks will overpower the remaining Serb fighters and when they broke, en masse, in the small fortres, the Serbian Duke Sindjelic fired his pistol at an ammunition depot. All the Serbs and countless Turks died in the blast.

Unable to revenge and eager to break the rebellious spirit of the Serbs the Turkish pasha (commander) of Nish ordered a monument to be built. The heads of Sindjelic fallen men were cut, skinned and stuffed with cotton in Istambul. Then construction of a tower begun. The sculls were inserted in the outside walls, alternating with bricks. There were 56 rows of 17 scalls each. A total of 952 Serbian sculls.

This "Tower of Sculls" (known as "Chele Kula") is a UNIQUE MONUMENT of the Islamic barbarity. IT CAN STILL BE SEEN AT ITS PLACE IN SERBIA. The Christian Serbs raised a church round the monument...

A few years latter the Serbs rebelled again. This time the rebellion was succesful and the Serbian nation, WITHOUT HELP FROM ANYONE reached its freedom.

Chopping of Serbian heads remained though, the most favourite way Muslims dealth with Serbs. Countless photographs of Croatian Nazi, called Ustashi, and their WWII Muslim helpers show them as holding a freshly chopped-off Serbian head.

The same repeated in the recent civil wars in ex-Yugoslavia. Once again Serbian heads were a war trophy. This time Islam fundamentalists, jihad fighters from round the world, invited by Mr. Izetbegovic are shown on photographs holding chopped of Serbian heads.

For the Christian Serbs there is no other cheek to turn... Let Muslims live on the land where they used to live before the war as majority. Let all the sides to the conflict negotiate WITHOUT "neutral" Western negotiators (who bombed Serbs and Serbs only - for sake of Muslims).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.srpska-mreza.com/library/facts/Chele-kula.html
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Icarus

« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2007, 01:46:28 am »

Myths and Politics
Origin or the Myth of a Tolerant Pluralistic Islamic Society

THE INTERNATIONAL STRATEGIC STUDIES ASSOCIATION

SYMPOSIUM ON THE BALKAN WAR
(Ramada Congress Hotel - Chicago, Illinois)

YUGOSLAVIA: PAST AND PRESENT

Dinner Address delivered on 31 August 1995

BAT YE'OR*

Myths and Politics: Origin or the Myth of a Tolerant Pluralistic Islamic Society

Ladies and gentlemen:

My subject this evening is: Myths and Politics: Origin of the Myth of a Tolerant Pluralistic Islamic Society. I stress the world "Tolerant", which was omitted from the program.

Ten years ago, when I came to America for the launching of my book: THE DHIMMI, JEWS AND CHRISTIANS UNDER ISLAM, I was struck by the inscription on the Archives Building in Washington: "Past is Prologue". I had thought -- at least at the beginning of my research -- that my subject related to a remote past, but I realized that contemporary events were rapidly modernizing this past. Muslim countries where Islamic law -- the SHARI'A -- had been replaced by modern juridic (imposed by the European colonizing powers,) were abandoning the secularizing trend, replacing it with Islamization in numerous sectors of life. This impression of the return of the past became even more acute when I was working on my next book, published in 1991, the English edition which will appear in a few months under the title: THE DECLINE OF EASTERN CHRISTIANITY UNDER ISLAM - 7th TO 20th CENTURY: FROM JIHAD TO DHIMMITUDE (Associated University Presses).

In this study, I tried to analyze the numerous processes that had transformed rich, powerful Christian civilizations into Islamic lands and their long-term effects, which had reduced native Christian majorities into scattered small religious minorities, now slowly disappearing. This complex Islamization process of Christian lands and civilizations on both shores of the Mediterannean - and in Irak and Armenia - I have called: the process of "dhimmitude" and the civilization of those peoples who underwent such transformation, I have named the civilization of "dhimmitude". The indigenous native peoples were Jews and Christians: Orthodox, Catholics, or from other Eastern Christian Churches. They are all referred to by Muslim jurists as the "Peoples of the Book" - the Book being the Bible - and are subjected to the same condition according to Islamic law. They are called dhimmis: protected peoples, because Islamic law protects their life and goods on condition that they submit to Islamic rule. I will not go into details here for this is a very long and complex subject, but in order to understand the Serbian situation one should know that the Serbs were treated during half a millennium just like the other Christian and Jewish DHIMMIS. They participated in this civilization of dhimmitude. It is important to understand that the civilization of dhimmitude grows from two religious institutions: JIHAD and SHARI'A, which establish a particular ideological system that makes it mandatory - during the jihad operation -- to use terror, mass killings, deportation and slavery. And the Serbs -- because I am speaking of them tonight -- did not escape from this fate, which was the same for all the populations around the Mediterannean basin, vanquished by JIHAD. For centuries, the Serbs fought to liberate their land from the laws of JIHAD and of SHARI'A, which had legalized their condition of oppression.

So while I was analyzing and writing about the processes of dhimmitude and the civilization of dhimmitude, while listening to the radio, watching television, reading the newspapers, I had the uncomfortable feeling that the clock was being turned back.

Modern politicians, sophisticated writers -- using phones, planes, computers and all the modern techniques -- seemed to be returning several centuries back, with WIGS or STIFF COLLARS, using exactly the same CORRUPTING ARGUMENTS, the same tortuous short-term politics that had previously contributed to the gradual Islamization of numerous non-Muslim peoples. I had to shake myself in an effort to distinguish the past from the present.

So, is the past always prologue? Are we doomed to remain always prisoners of the same errors? Certainly, if we do not know the past. And this past -- the long and agonizing process of Christian annihilation by the laws of JIHAD and dhimmitude -- is a taboo history, not only in Islamic lands, but above all in the West. It has been buried beneath a myth, fabricated by Western politicians and religious leaders, in order to promote their own national strategic and economic interests.

Curiously, this myth started in Bosnia-Herzegovina in the 19th century. It alleges that Turkish rule over Christians in its European provinces was just and lawful. That the Ottoman regime, being Islamic, was naturally "tolerant" and well disposed toward its Christian subjects; that its justice was fair, and that safety for life and goods was guaranteed to Christians by Islamic laws. Ottoman rule was brandished as the most suitable regime to rule Christians of the Balkans.

This theory was advanced by European politicians in order to safeguard the balance of power in Europe, and in order to block the Russian advance towards the Mediterannean. To justify the maintenance of the Turkish yoke on the Slavs it was portrayed as a model for a multi-ethnical and multi-religious empire. Of course, the reality was totally different! First the Ottoman Empire was created by centuries of JIHAD against Christian populations; consequently the rules of JIHAD, elaborated by Arab-Muslim theologians from the 8th to the 10th centuries, applied to the subjected Christian and Jewish populations of the Turkish Islamic dominions. Those regulations are integrated into the Islamic legislation concerning the non-Muslim vanquished peoples and consequently they present a certain homogeneity throughout the Arab and Turkish empires.

The civilization of dhimmitude in which the Serbs participated had many aspects that evolved with changing political situations. In the 1830s, forced by the European powers, the Ottomans adopted a series of reforms aiming at ending the oppression of the Christians.

In the Serbian regions, the most fanatical opponents of Christian emancipation were the Muslims Bosniacs. They fought against the Christian right to possess lands and, in legal matters, to have equal rights as themselves. They pretended that under the old system that gave them full domination over the Christians, Muslims and Christians had lived for centuries in a convivial fraternity. And this argument is still used today by President Izetbegovic and others. He repeatedly affirms that the 500 years of Christian dhimmitude was a period of peace and religious harmony.

Let us now confront the myth with reality. A systematic enquiry into the condition of the Christians was conducted by British consuls in the Ottoman Empire in the 1860s. Britain was then Turkey's strongest ally. It was in its own interest to see that the oppression of the Christians would be eliminated in order to prevent any Russian or Austrian interference. Consul James Zohrab sent from Bosna-Serai (Sarajevo) a lengthy report, dated July 22, 1860, to his ambassador in Constantinople, Sir Henry Bulwer, in which he analyzed the administration of the provinces of Bosnia and Herzegovina. He stated that from 1463 to 1850 the Bosniac Muslims enjoyed all the privileges of feudalism. During a period of nearly 300 years Christians were subjected to much oppression and cruelty. For them no other law but the caprice of their masters existed.

The DEVSHIRME system is well known. Begun by the Sultan Orkhan (1326-1359), it existed for about 300 years. It consisted of a regular levy of Christian children from the Christian population of the Balkans. These youngsters, aged from fourteen to twenty, were Islamized and enslaved for their army. The periodic levies, which took place in contingents of a thousand, subsequently became annual. To discourage runaways, children were transferred to remote provinces and entrusted to Muslim soldiers who treated them harshly as slaves. Another parallel recruitment system operated. It provided for the levy of Christian children aged six to ten (ICHOGHLANI), reserved for the sultans' palace. Entrusted to eunuchs, they underwent a tyrannical training for fourteen years. (A system of enslaving Black Christian and Animist children, similar to the DEVSHIRME existed in Sudan as is shown from documents to be published in my book. A sort of DEVSHIRME system still exists today in Sudan and has been described and denounced by the United Nations Special Report on Sudan and in a recent article last Friday's TIMES OF LONDON.) In 1850, the Bosniac Muslims opposed the authority of the Sultan and the reforms, but were defeated by the Sultan's army aided by the Christians who hoped that their position would thereby improve, "but they hardly benefited." Moreover, despite their assistance to the sultan's army, Christians were disarmed, while the Muslims who fought the sultan could retain weapons. Christians remained oppressed as before, Consul Zobrab writes about the reforms: "I can safely say, they practically remain a dead letter".

Discussing the impunity granted to the Muslims by the sultan, Zohrab wrote:
"This impunity, while it does not extend to permitting the Christians to be treated as they formerly were treated, is so far unbearable and unjust in that it permits the Muslims to despoil them with heavy exactions. Under false accusations imprisonments are of daily occurrence. A Christian has but a small chance of exculpating himself when his opponent is a Muslim."
"Christians are now permitted to possess real property, but the obstacles which they meet with when they attempt to acquire it are so many and vexatious that very few have as yet dared to brave them. Although a Christian can buy land and take possession it is when he has got his land into order [...] that the Christian feels the helplessness of his position and the insincerity of the Government. [Under any pretext] "the Christian is in nineteen cases out of twenty dispossessed, and he may then deem himself fortunate if he gets back the price he gave."

Commenting on this situation, the consul writes:

"Such being, generally speaking, the course pursued by the Government towards the Christians in the capital of the province Sarajevo where the Consular Agents of the different Powers reside and can exercise some degree of control, it may easily be guessed to what extend the Christians, in the remoter districts, suffer who are governed by Mudirs generally fanatical."

He continues:

"Christian evidence in the Medjlises (tribunal) as a rule is refused. Knowing this, the Christians generally come forward prepared with Mussulman witnesses (...), twenty years ago, it is true, they had no laws beyond the caprice of their landlords."

"Cases of oppression are frequently the result of Mussulman fanaticism, but for these the Government must be held responsible, for if offenders were punished, oppression would of necessity became rare."

In the spring of 1861 the sultan announced new reforms in Herzegovina, promising among other things freedom to build churches, the use of church bells and the opportunity for Christians to acquire land.

Commenting on this, Consul William Holmes in Bosna-Serai writes to Ambassador Sir Henry Bulwer that those promises rarely applied. He mentions that the Serbs, the biggest community were refused the right to build a church in Bosna-Serai. Concerning the right to buy land, he writes; "Every possible obstacle is still thrown in the way of the purchase of lands by Christians, and very often after they have succeeded in purchasing and improving land, it is no secret that on one unjust pretext or another, it has been taken from them."

Consul Longworth writes, from Belgrade on 1860 that by its Edicts the "Government may hasten such a reform but I question very much whether more evil than good will not arise from proclaiming a social equality which is, in the present stage of things and relations of society, morally impossible."

The biggest problem, in fact, was the refusal to accept either Christian or Jewish testimony in Islamic tribunals.

Consul Longworth comments on "the lax and vicious principle acted upon in the Mussulman Courts, where, as the only means of securing justice to Christians, Mussulman false witnesses are permitted to give evidence on their behalf."

The situation didn't change, and in 1875 the Grand Vizier Mahmud Pasha admitted to the British Ambassador in Constantinople, Sir Henry Elliot, the "impossibility of allowing Christian testimony at courts of justice in Bosnia." Thus, the Ambassador noted: "The professed equality of Christians and Mussulmans is, however, so illusory so long as this distinction is maintained."

This juridical situation had serious consequences due to the system of justice, as he explained: "This is a point [the refusal of testimony] of much importance to the Christians, for, as the religious courts neither admit documentary nor written evidence, nor receive Christian evidence, they could hope for little justice from them."

The difficulty of imposing reforms in such a vast empire provoked this disillusioned comment, from Sir Francis, consul-general, judge at the British Consular Court in 1875 Constantinopole: "Indeed, the modern perversion of the Oriental idea of justice is a concession to a suitor through grace and favor, and not the declaration of a right, on principles of law, and in pursuance of equity."

From Consul Blunt writing from Pristina on 14 July 1860 to Ambassador Bulwer, we learn about the situation in the province of Macedonia: "[...] For a long time the province of Uscup [Skopje, Macedonia] has been a prey to brigandage: [...] Christian churches and monasteries, towns and inhabitants, are now pillaged, massacred, and burnt by Albanian hordes as used to be done ten years ago."

"The Christians are not allowed to carry arms. This, considering the want of a good police, exposes them the more to attacks from brigands." "Christian evidence in law suits between a Mussulman and a non-Mussulman is not admitted in the Local Courts."

Ten years before he said: "Churches were not allowed to be built; and one can judge of the measure of toleration practiced at that time by having had to creep under doors scarcely four feet high. It was an offense to smoke and ride before a Turk; to cross his path, or not stand up before him, was equally wrong." [...]

Fifteen years later, in another report from Bosna-Serai, dated December 30, 1875, from consul Edward Freeman, we learn that the Bosnian Muslims had sent a petition to the sultan stating that before the reforms, "they lived as brother with the Christian population. In fact, wrote the Consul, "their aim appears to reduce the Christians to their former ancient state of serfdom." So once again we go back to the myth. When reading the literature of the time, we see that the obstruction to Serbian, Greek and other Christian liberation movement was rooted in two main arguments:

1) Christian DHIMMIS are congenitally unfitted for independence and self-government. They should therefore remain under the Islamic rule.
2) The Ottoman rule is a perfect model for a multi-religious and multi-ethnical society.

Indeed these are theological Islamic arguments that justify the JIHAD since all non-Muslim people should not retain political independence because their laws are evil and must be eventually replaced by the Islamic rule. We find the same reasoning in the Palestinian 1988 Covenant of the Hamas. Those arguments are very common in the theological and legal literature and are exposed by modern Islamists.

Collusion

The myth didn't die with the collapse of the Turkish Empire after World War I. Rather it took another form: that of the National Arab Movement, which promoted an Arab society where Christians and Muslims would live in perfect harmony. Once again, this was the fabrication of European politicians, writers and clergyman. And in the same way as the myth of the Ottoman political paradise was created to block the independence of the Balkan nations, so the Arab multi-religious fraternity was an argument to destroy the national liberation of non-Arab peoples of the Middle East (Kurds, Armenians, Assyrians, Maronites and Zionists.)

And although from the beginning of this century until the 1930s, a stream of Christian refugees were fleeing massacres and genocide on the roads of Turkey, Irak and Syria, the myth continued to flourish, sustained mostly by Arab writers and clergyman. After the Israelis had succeeded in liberating their land from the laws of JIHAD and DHIMMITUDE, the myth reappeared in the form of a multi-cultural and multi-religious fraternal Palestine which had to replace the State of Israel (Cf. Arafat's 1975 UN speech). Its pernicious effects led to the destruction of the Christians in Lebanon. One might have thought that the myth would end there.

But suddenly the recent crisis in Yugoslavia offered a new chance for its reincarnation in a multi-religious Muslim Bosnian state. What a chance! A Muslim state again in the heartland of Europe. And we know the rest, the sufferings, the miseries, the trials of the war that this myth once again brought in its wake.

To conclude, I would like to say a few last words. The civilization of dhimmitude does not develop all at once. It is a long process that involves many elements and a specific conditioning. It happens when peoples replace history by myths, when they fight to uphold these destructive myths, more then their own values because they are confused by having transformed lies into truth. They hold to those myths as if they were the only guarantee of their survival, when, in fact, they are the path to destruction. Terrorized by the evidence and teaching of history, those peoples preferred to destroy it rather than to face it. They replace history with childish tales, thus living in amnesia.

=== The end of the speech

http://www.srpska-mreza.com/library/facts/Ye_Or.html
Report Spam   Logged
Icarus

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2007, 01:49:10 am »

" The List " of Islamic Terror Attacks For the Past 3 Months

Date Country City Killed Injured Description
12/22/06 Afghanistan Kabul 0 8 An attempted suicide attack on a lawmaker leaves only the bomber dead.
12/22/06 India Sopore 2 5 Two civilians are killed when the Mujahideen attack a convoy.
12/21/06 Iraq Kirkuk 2 0 A man and his wife are brutally gunned down by Muslim militants.
12/21/06 Iraq Baghdad 15 15 At least fifteen Iraqis are killed when a Fedayeen suicide bomber attack an academy.
12/21/06 Thailand Pattani 1 1 A female Buddhist teacher is gunned down by Muslim militants.
12/21/06 Afghanistan Khost 3 2 Religious extremists kill three Afghan police officers with a bomb.
12/21/06 Afghanistan Herat 4 6 Four civilians are killed when the Taliban bomb a bridge.
12/21/06 Iraq Baghdad 2 2 A suicide bomber murders two civilians.
12/20/06 Iraq Mosul 11 0 Eleven people are murdered by Islamic terrorists.
12/20/06 Thailand Yala 1 0 A 55-year-old Buddhist rubber-tapper is senselessly gunned down by Islamic gunmen.
12/20/06 Thailand Yala 1 0 Islamists brutally murder a 69-year-old Buddhist man in his home.
12/20/06 Iraq Baghdad 11 31 A Fedayeen suicide bomber punches his ticket to paradise on the souls of eleven innocents.
12/20/06 Pakistan Quetta 0 11 Eleven people are injured by a bicycle bomb.
12/20/06 Iraq Baghdad 7 8 A university professor and his family are among seven people senselessly murdered by Muslim terrorists.
12/20/06 Iraq Baghdad 73 0 Seventy-three victims of sectarian hatred within the Religion of Peace are found over 24 hours.
12/19/06 Iraq Baqubah 12 0 Two women are among a dozen people murdered by Islamic terrorists.
12/19/06 Iraq Baghdad 53 0 Fifty-three victims of sectarian hatred within the Religion of Peace are found murdered over a 24 hour period.
12/19/06 Thailand Narathiwat 1 0 Islamists murder a 27-year-old civilian.
12/19/06 Thailand Pattani 1 0 A 33-year-old Buddhist man is shot and set on fire by Muslim radicals in front of his home.
12/18/06 Iraq Saidiya 5 19 Jihadis bomb a vegetable market, killing five civilians.
12/18/06 Iraq Baghdad 1 2 Islamic militants murder a woman at an education ministry building.
12/18/06 Iraq Diyala 4 0 Four tribal leaders are abducted and executed.
12/18/06 Iraq Baghdad 44 0 Forty-four victims of sectarian violence within the Religion of Peace are found over 24 hours.
12/18/06 Afghanistan Bazar Talukan 26 0 The Taliban murder twenty-six young men and hang their headless bodies from trees.
12/17/06 Chad Aradib 15 0 Fifteen civilians are killed by Arab militias, including a man who was disemboweled and a woman set on fire.
12/17/06 Iraq Rutba 5 0 Islamic militants torture and shoot five people to death.
12/16/06 India Pateli Daraj 2 0 A young girl is among two people killed their home by the Mujahideen.
12/16/06 Iraq Iskandiriyah 2 1 A 4-year-old girl is among two people killed by Religion of Peace terrorists.
12/16/06 Iraq Baghdad 53 0 Muslim terrorists dump 53 bodies in at least two locations, victims of sectarian violence.
12/15/06 Afghanistan Paktia 1 5 An Afghan soldier is killed when a suicide bomber rams his car into a convoy.
12/15/06 India Chandiyal 1 0 Two al-Badr militants kidnap a young girl from her house and then execute her as a rescue attempt is made.
12/15/06 Iraq Mosul 18 0 Eighteen people are killed over a 24 hour period by Muslim gunmen.
12/14/06 Iraq Baghdad 47 7 Forty-five victims of sectarian hatred within the Religion of Peace are found dead, in addition to a car bombing. Some were decapitated.
12/14/06 Afghanistan Qalat 4 25 A suicide bomber kills four civilians on a crowded street and injures two dozen more.
12/14/06 India Mamoosa 1 0 A convert to Christianity, and father of four, is gunned down in broad daylight by Islamic radicals.
12/14/06 Iraq Mahaweel 2 6 Two people are killed by a Jihad car bombing.
12/14/06 Iraq al-Lij 2 0 Two people are tortured and shot to death by religious rivals.
12/13/06 Thailand Yala 1 0 A 69-year-old Buddhist man is killed in his home by Muslim radicals.
12/13/06 Pal. Auth. Gaza 1 0 Palestinian gunmen force a judge to his knees on the sidewalk and shoot him in the head.
12/13/06 Iraq Baghdad 11 27 Jihad bombers attack a crowded bus stop, packed with Shia laborers, women and childre, killing at least eleven.
12/13/06 Thailand Yala 2 1 Radical Muslims storm an office and shoot two Buddhist engineers to death.
12/13/06 Thailand Yala 1 0 A 55-year-old Buddhist man is gunned down by Muslim radicals.
12/13/06 Iraq Baghdad 5 10 Five people are killed in a residential district by Jihad car bombs.
12/13/06 Iraq al-Hesna 9 0 Sunnis enter a family home and slaughter four men, two women and three children.
12/13/06 Iraq Riyadh 17 15 A Jihad attack on a checkpoint leaves seven Iraqi soldiers dead. Ten other bodies are found elsewhere.
12/12/06 Afghanistan Khost 1 1 A 13-year-old girl is killed after Muslim militants open fire on security forces.
12/12/06 Iraq Mosul 4 0 An elderly woman is among four people murdered by Islamic gunmen.
12/12/06 Iraq Riyadh 3 2 Jihadis murder a mother and her two children in an attack on their house.
12/12/06 Iraq Kirkuk 5 15 A Fedayeen suicide bomber ends the lives of five other people.
12/12/06 Iraq Baghdad 47 0 Forty-seven victims of sectarian violence within the Religion of Peace are found bound and executed.
12/12/06 Afghanistan Lashkar Gah 8 8 A suicide bomber on foot sends eight innocents to Allah.
12/12/06 Thailand Pattani 1 1 Islamists open fire on a teacher and a medical doctor.
12/12/06 Iraq Baghdad 71 236 Freedom fighters slaughter dozens of day laborers looking for work by first luring them with promises of jobs, then setting off coordinated suicide car bombs.
12/11/06 Iraq Baghdad 46 0 Forty-six victims of sectarian violence within the Religion of Peace are found blindfolded and executed.
12/11/06 Iraq Baghdad 10 18 Four Jihad bombings leave at least ten people dead.
12/11/06 Pal. Auth. Gaza 3 1 Three young children are killed by Hamas gunmen. (Hamas means 'Islamic Resistance').
12/11/06 Sudan Hashaaba 8 0 Eight civilians, including a mother and her five young children, are killed in a government airstrike on their village.
12/11/06 Turkey Bursa 1 0 A 23-year-old woman is stabbed 27 times by her father in an 'honor killing.'
12/11/06 Iraq Tuz Khurmato 6 1 Sectarian extremists storm a house, killing six members of the same family.
12/11/06 Iraq Mosul 4 0 Terrorists massacre four brothers sitting in their car.
12/10/06 Pakistan Tirah 4 0 Four people are killed in sectarian violence with the Religion of Peace.
12/10/06 Iraq Baghdad 4 0 A man and his three sons are brutally murdered in their home by the Religion of Peace.
12/10/06 Iraq Baghdad 17 0 Seventeen victims of sectarian hatred within the Religion of Peace are found executed.
12/10/06 Iraq Kirkuk 1 0 Fundamentalists murder a 15-year-old worker at a bakery.
12/10/06 Somalia Baidoa 20 0 About twenty people are killed when Islamists attack a government-held town.
12/10/06 Thailand Pattani 2 0 A 28-year-old rubber-tapper and his father are murdered by Islamists.
12/10/06 Algeria Algiers 1 8 Islamic fundamentalists stage an ambush on a convoy of foreign civilians, killing the driver.
12/10/06 Iraq Baghdad 2 6 Two children are killed in an attack on a family vehicle by Islamic terrorists.
12/10/06 Pakistan Punjabi Dob 1 1 Taliban-backed separatists kill a man and injure his mother in a mine attack.
12/10/06 Thailand Pattani 1 1 A woman is gunned down by the Religion of Peace in a shooting attack that leaves her husband injured.
12/10/06 Thailand Yala 2 0 Two rubber workers are murdered on the job by Islamic gunmen.
12/10/06 Iraq Baghdad 5 0 Five *****e brothers are murdered in their home by Sunni gunmen.
12/9/06 Thailand Narathiwat 1 0 A 37-year-old civilian is gunned down by Muslim radicals.
12/9/06 Iraq Karbala 8 36 A suicidal Sunni murders eight Shia civilians with a bomb near a mosque.
12/9/06 Iraq Baghdad 43 0 Forty-three bodies, at least three of which were missing heads, are found in Baghdad, victims of sectarian hatred.
12/9/06 Iraq Kirkuk 1 0 A hairdresser is gunned down by religious fundamentalists.
12/9/06 Afghanistan Muradabad 2 0 The Taliban kill two translators in a mine attack.
12/9/06 Afghanistan Paktia 6 0 Six Afghans are killed by a Taliban bomb.
12/9/06 Sudan al-Fashir 2 8 Militant Muslims shoot a shopowner and one other civilian to death.
12/9/06 Sudan Sirba 22 10 Arab militias attack a bus, killing twenty-two African civilians.
12/8/06 Iraq Baghdad 23 11 Scattered shootings and a bombing leave about two dozen Iraqis dead at the hands of Islamic terrorists.
12/8/06 Afghanistan Kunar 5 0 Religious extremists murder a grandmother, mother and two daughters, along with a grandson, in an invasion on their home.
12/8/06 India Zachaldara 1 0 Muslim terrorists murder a dentist.
12/7/06 Saudi Arabia Jeddah 2 0 Two prison guards are killed in a shooting attack by Islamic extremists.
12/7/06 Thailand Yala 3 0 A family of three is murdered in cold blood by Islamists. The victims include a 1-year-old child.
12/7/06 Afghanistan Kandahar 2 7 Two civilians are killed by a Fedayeen suicide bomber.
12/7/06 India Brinti Batpora 1 0 The Mujahideen murder a civilian in his home.
12/7/06 Jordan Amman 2 0 A young couple in their early 20's is shot to death by the girl's father, who suspected them of having sex.
12/6/06 Iraq Iskandariya 4 12 A Fedayeen suicide bomber blows himself up in a shop, killing the owner and three other innocents.
12/6/06 Iraq Baghdad 10 54 Jihadis mortar a market, killing at least ten shoppers.
12/6/06 Thailand Yala 1 2 A Thai soldier is killed by a remote control device.
12/6/06 Thailand Yala 2 1 Islamists open fire on a group of Buddhist civilians in front of a school, killing two.
12/6/06 Thailand Pattani 2 0 Two cops are gunned down by Muslim radicals.
12/6/06 Thailand Narathiwat 1 0 A shopkeeper is murdered by Islamic terrorists posing as customers.
12/6/06 Afghanistan Herat 1 1 Taliban extremists open fire on a car, killing one occupant.
12/6/06 Afghanistan Kandahar 7 3 Another suicide bombing takes the lives of seven people.
12/6/06 Iraq Mahmudiya 3 0 Three people are kidnapped, blindfolded and executed by Muslim rivals.
12/6/06 Iraq Baghdad 13 70 A suicide bombing on a minibus and a separate rocket attack leave thirteen civilians dead.
12/6/06 India Srinagar 0 15 Islamic militants injure fifteen people with a grenade attack on a city street.
12/6/06 Iraq Khalis 1 8 Islamic gunmen attack a bus carrying farm workers, killing one.
12/6/06 Thailand Yala 1 0 A Buddhist man is gunned down by Muslim radicals.
12/5/06 Iraq Baghdad 14 4 Sunnis stop a bus carrying Shias and gun down fourteen in cold blood.
12/5/06 Thailand Yala 2 18 Muslims kill two Buddhist men with a bomb at a vegetable market.
12/5/06 Thailand Narathiwat 2 0 A 13-year-old boy is among two people brutally shot to death by Muslim militants.
12/5/06 Iraq Baghdad 16 25 Sixteen people are killed and dozens of others horribly burned when Sunni terrorists bomb a petrol station.
12/5/06 Iraq Baghdad 8 23 Three separate Jihad bombings leave eight dead. One was at a hospital.
12/5/06 India Varmul 1 15 A boy is killed when Muslim militants toss a grenade into the street.
12/4/06 Iraq Baqubah 4 0 Four engineers are brutally gunned down by Islamic terrorists.
12/4/06 Thailand Pattani 2 0 Two men, including a 51-year-old rubber tapper are shot to death in separate attacks.
12/4/06 Thailand Narathiwat 1 0 Muslim radicals murder a woman as she is leaving a market.
12/4/06 Iraq Mosul 11 5 Seven civilians are among eleven killed in two separate Jihad attacks.
12/4/06 India Sopore 1 0 A 20-year-old man is gunned down by the Mujahideen.
12/4/06 Thailand Yala 2 0 A father is killed in his vehicle in an Islamist attack. His 3-year-old daughter clings to life for a few hours before dying as well.
12/4/06 Israel Kafr Qassem 1 0 A Muslim woman is shot by a 70-year-old relative in an 'honor killing.'
12/4/06 Iraq Baghdad 52 0 Fifty-two victims of sectarian hatred within the Religion of Peace are found executed over 24 hours.
12/3/06 Iraq Kirkuk 3 2 A Fedayeen suicide car bomber kills two and injures three.
12/3/06 Iraq Mosul 8 4 Two people are killed in a suicide bombing, and six others from gunshot wounds by Islamic terrorists.
12/3/06 Iraq Baghdad 3 15 Jihadis kill three civilians with a car-bomb near a bakery.
12/3/06 Pakistan Bannu 1 1 An Uzbeki suicide bomber takes out a policeman (and himself).
12/3/06 Thailand Narathiwat 1 0 A 35-year-old rubber-tapper is murdered by radical Islamic gunmen while working at his plantation.
12/3/06 Afghanistan Kandahar 8 19 Three civilians are killed in a suicide attack, and several more in other shootings across the city.
12/3/06 Iraq Latifiya 3 2 Sunni gunmen open up on a family car, killing three people.
12/3/06 Thailand Yala 2 0 Two men are casually murdered by Muslim gunmen while drinking tea in a shop.
12/3/06 Iraq Baghdad 50 0 Fifty victims of sectarian hatred within the Religion of Peace are found bound and executed in various locations.
12/3/06 Iraq Mosul 1 0 A 69-year-old Christian church leader is kidnapped and murdered by Islamic extremists.
12/3/06 India Baramulla 1 0 A civilian is gunned down by the Mujahideen.
12/2/06 Pakistan Peshawar 1 0 A bicycle bomb kills a passerby outside the U.S. consulate.
12/2/06 Pakistan Nushki 1 0 A young boy is killed in a bomb blast, believed set by Taliban-backed militants.
12/2/06 Thailand Yala 1 1 A 34-year-old truck driver is murdered by Islamic gunmen as he is traveling with his wife.
12/2/06 Thailand Narathiwat 2 0 Muslim terrorists fire into a grocery store, killing the owner and an elderly female customer.
12/2/06 Pakistan Naushki 1 1 Taliban-backed militants thought responsible for a bombing in a remote area.
12/2/06 Iraq Baghdad 51 90 Sunnis blow over fifty fellow Muslims to Allah in a triple marketplace bombing that leaves blood and body parts scattered.
12/2/06 Iraq Baghdad 44 0 Forty-four bullet-riddled victims of sectarian hatred within the Religion of Peace are found.
12/2/06 Thailand Pattani 1 0 A 60-year-old food vendor is murdered by a Muslim posing as a customer.
12/2/06 Pakistan Bara Qadim 4 2 Four tribal leaders are killed when their car is attacked over a religious dispute.
12/2/06 Iraq Khalis 2 3 Sunni radicals attack a funeral procession, killing two Shias.
12/2/06 Iraq Baghdad 2 6 Two family members are killed when Jihadis fire a rocket at their home.
12/1/06 Iraq Mosul 4 29 Two children are among four horribly killed by a Fedayeen suicide bomber.
12/1/06 Iraq Baquba 3 2 Islamic gunmen open fire on a family vehicle, killing three members.
12/1/06 Iraq Kirkuk 2 4 Two civilians are killed by a Fedayeen suicide bomber.
12/1/06 Iraq Rashidiya 4 3 Jihadis mortar a residential neighborhood, killing four innocents.
12/1/06 Iraq Mosul 14 0 Fourteen laborers are kidnapped by Islamic terrorists and executed in captivity.
12/1/06 Iraq Baghdad 25 35 Two car bombs, one at a market, leave five civilians dead and dozens more in agony. Twenty bodies are also found.
11/30/06 Thailand Narathiwat 1 0 A 44-year-old man is murdered by Islamic gunmen.
11/30/06 Thailand Narathiwat 1 1 Thai Islamists gun down a woman in a tea house, severely injuring her daughter as well.
11/30/06 Somalia Baidoa 4 5 A botched suicide bombing attempt leaves at least four people dead, not including the bombers.
11/30/06 Thailand Pattani 0 1 A 75-year-old man is beaten in his home and set on fire by Muslim radicals.
11/30/06 Iraq Samarra 6 4 A car bomb near a police station kills a half-dozen innocents.
11/30/06 Iraq Baghdad 4 22 Three Jihad bombings kill at least four people. Elsewhere, a teacher is shot to death.
11/29/06 Iraq Samarra 6 4 Six Iraqi police are killed when Sunni extremists set off a car bomb.
11/29/06 Iraq Baghdad 52 0 Fifty-two victims of sectarian hatred within the Religion of Peace are found in various locations.
11/29/06 Iraq Mosul 2 23 A suicide bomber kills a civilian. Elsewhere a teacher is kidnapped and murdered.
11/29/06 Pakistan Sukkur 4 0 A man kills his three daughters and a daughter in law on suspicion of adultery.
11/29/06 Iraq Baqubah 29 0 A mass grave containing the bodies of twenty-nine recent victims of Sunni-Shia violence unearthed.
11/29/06 Afghanistan Kandahar 2 0 Two civilians are murdered by a Fedayeen suicide bomber.
11/28/06 Dagestan Khasavyurt 1 0 An apostate is killed with a bomb.
11/28/06 Thailand Yala 2 0 A Buddhist husband and wife are murdered by Islamic gunmen as they return home.
11/28/06 Iraq Kirkuk 1 12 A religious fanatic straps explosives to his body and kills at least one civilian.
11/28/06 Iraq Baghdad 4 40 Islamic terrorists bomb a hospital, killing four Iraqis.
11/28/06 Iraq Baghdad 36 23 Thirty-six victims of sectarian violence are found as a Jihad mortar attack injures twenty-three others.
11/28/06 Afghanistan Herat 1 1 A suicide bomber kills a policeman who is trying to stop him from hurting others.
11/27/06 Afghanistan Kandahar 2 0 Two Canadian soldiers are killed on the road by a Fedayeen suicide bomber.
11/27/06 Iraq Baghdad 44 0 Forty-four victims of sectarian hatred within the Religion of Peace are found in an around the city.
11/27/06 Iraq Muqdidiya 5 25 Muslim terrorists shoot a mobile telephone shop owner dead, then plant bombs to kill on-lookers.
11/27/06 Iraq Mosul 2 0 Sunnis shoot an off-duty policeman and his mother to death as they are heading to the man's wedding.
11/27/06 Pakistan Makeen 1 0 A moderate cleric is assassinated by Taliban supporters, who pin a note to the body.
11/27/06 Pakistan Kahero Golo 1 0 A young woman is shot to death by her brother in an 'honor killing.'
11/27/06 Chechnya Gudermes 1 2 A Russian is killed by Jihad gunmen while traveling in a car.
11/26/06 Thailand Pattani 1 1 A Buddhist rubber-tapper is murdered by radical Muslims.
11/26/06 Thailand Yala 2 0 Islamic militants approach two police officers at a food market and shoot them at point-blank range.
11/26/06 Thailand Narathiwat 1 0 A 24-year-old villager is shot to death by Islamic terrorists.
11/26/06 Iraq Haqlaniya 11 0 In a vicious attack, radical Muslims pull ten men and one boy out of a van and shoot them to death.
11/26/06 Iraq Haswa 5 23 Jihadis car-bomb a crowded market, killing at least five innocents.
11/26/06 Iraq Basra 4 0 Four people, including a woman, are dragged from their car and brutally shot to death by Muslim gunmen.
11/26/06 Iraq Baqubah 25 0 Terrorists kidnap and execute twenty-five people, including seven teenagers.
11/26/06 Iraq Iskandiriya 8 28 Eight patrons at a market are blown apart by a Jihad car-bombing.
11/26/06 Thailand Narathiwat 1 1 A 46-year-old Buddhist man is shot off the back of a motorcycle while riding with his wife.
11/26/06 Afghanistan Paktika 15 25 A Fedayeen suicide bomber walks into a restaurant and slaughters fifteen innocents.
11/25/06 Iraq Diyala 21 0 Sunni extremists invade two homes and murder twenty-one men in front of their families.
11/25/06 Iraq Khaldiya 4 9 Four people, including two Iraqi children, are killed by a suicide bomber.
11/25/06 Iraq Baghdad 25 0 Twenty-five victims of sectarian hatred within the Religion of Peace are found executed around the city.
11/25/06 Thailand Yala 1 2 Muslims fire into a Buddhist-owned store, killing the owner and injuring two others.
11/25/06 Thailand Yala 3 0 Three Buddhist pig hunters are shot and hacked to death by Muslim radicals.
11/24/06 Pakistan Sharif Chachar 1 0 A 15-year-old girl is hacked to death with an axe in an honor killing by her father, who suspected her of illicit relations.
11/24/06 Afghanistan Khost 2 1 Taliban extremists attack a convoy of trucks, killing two Pakistani drivers.
11/24/06 Iraq Tal Afar 23 43 A double suicide attack near a car dealership leaves nearly two dozen people dead and many more in agony.
11/24/06 Thailand Pattani 1 0 A school administrator is shot and then burned to death by Muslim terrorists.
11/24/06 Iraq Baghdad 30 0 Thirty bodies are found dumped over a 24-hour period, victims of sectarian hatred.
11/24/06 Thailand Narithiwat 1 0 Islamists break into a man's home and kill him.
11/24/06 Algeria Biskra 5 0 Two civilians are among three people killed in an ambush by the Salafist Group for Preaching and Combat.
11/24/06 India Rampur 8 2 Terrorists kill eight people in a shootout with security forces.
11/24/06 Iraq Baghdad 25 14 Shia militia are responsible for twenty-five Sunni deaths.
11/23/06 Thailand Pattani 1 0 A man is murdered near his home by Islamic gunmen.
11/23/06 Thailand Yala 1 0 Islamists murder a young man as he is sitting in his car.
11/23/06 Iraq Baghdad 9 3 Nine people are killed in a retaliatory Shia mortar attack for a massive bombing.
11/23/06 Iraq Baghdad 202 217 Sunni terrorists murder over two-hundred innocents in five massive bombings spaced minutes apart.
11/23/06 Thailand Narathiwat 1 0 Islamists gun down a rubber-tapper on his way to work.
11/23/06 Thailand Pattani 1 0 A 40-year-old Buddhist teacher is shot to death by Muslim militants.
11/22/06 Iraq Mosul 14 0 Fourteen people, including three women, are murdered by Islamic terrorists.
11/22/06 Iraq Baghdad 52 0 Police report finding fifty-two victims of sectarian hatred with the Religion of Peace around the capital.
11/22/06 Thailand Narathiwat 2 0 A husband and wife are pulled from their pickup truck and brutally killed by radical Muslims. The woman's body is burned.
11/22/06 Israel Sderot 1 0 An Israeli man is killed by Palestinians firing Qassam rockets into his town.
11/22/06 Pakistan Tando Masti 2 0 An imam shoots his daughter to death, and a second family member murders another girl on suspicion of sexual activity with two males.
11/22/06 Iraq Iskandariya 7 1 Jihadis kill seven people with a bomb.
11/21/06 Afghanistan Helmand 2 0 Religious extremists attack a police station, kidnap two officers, then kill them in captivity.
11/21/06 Afghanistan Kandahar 1 0 A female legislator's husband is mowed down by the Taliban at a bakery.
11/21/06 Iraq Baqubah 19 5 Five separate Jihad attacks against civilians leaves about twenty dead.
11/21/06 Iraq Latifiyah 6 0 Sunnis kidnap, torture and kill six *****es.
11/21/06 Iraq Suwayrah 7 0 Muslim terrorists kill six people and dump their bodies in a river.
11/21/06 Iraq Baghdad 35 19 Islamic terrorists kill thirty-five people in a series of attacks on civilians.
11/21/06 Iraq Baghdad 7 0 Seven students riding home in a minibus are slaughtered by Sunni extremists.
11/21/06 Lebanon Beirut 1 0 A Christian leader is gunned down by Muslim terrorists supported by Syria.
11/21/06 India Awantipora 1 0 The Mujahideen abduct and hang a post-graduate student.
11/21/06 India Mamoosa 1 0 A Christian convert is gunned down by members of his former religion.
11/20/06 Iraq Mosul 3 4 Three people are killed by a suicide bomber.
11/20/06 Iraq Ramadi 2 6 Two people are killed by a suicide bomber.
11/20/06 Iraq Baghdad 2 0 A doctor and an actor are murdered by Islamic gunmen in separate attacks.
11/20/06 Iraq Baghdad 3 5 Jihadis kill three people with a bomb at a market.
11/20/06 Thailand Sungai Kolok 2 16 Muslim terrorists detonate a bomb at a market, killing two people.
11/20/06 Iraq Baghdad 14 0 Fourteen victims of sectarian hatred within the Religion of Peace are found bound and executed.
11/20/06 Iraq Taji 5 0 Extremists kidnap five men from a restaurant, torture and murder them.
11/20/06 Iraq Tal Afar 3 0 A Fedayeen suicide bomber kills three other people.
11/20/06 Iraq Dujayl 7 0 Seven men are kidnapped and brutally killed by Muslim terrorists.
11/19/06 Iraq Sadiya al-Jabal 8 2 Eight laborers are machine-gunned to death at point blank range by Sunni "freedom fighters."
11/19/06 Iraq Hilla 22 44 In a senseless attack on laborers looking for work, Sunni extremists massacre nearly two dozen in a suicide bombing.
11/19/06 Iraq Baghdad 13 48 Thirteen people are killed in two coordinated bombings, one at a bus stop.
11/19/06 Chechnya Kurchaloi 3 0 Three occupants of a car are slaughtered by Jihad fighters.
11/19/06 Thailand Yala 1 0 A 68-year-old Buddhist man is nearly decapitated by Muslim attackers.
11/19/06 Thailand Pattani 1 0 Muslims gun down a middle-aged Buddhist taxi driver standing in line for food.
11/19/06 Somalia Bardaleh 6 20 Six Ethiopian soldiers are ambushed and killed by Islamists.
11/19/06 Thailand Hat Yai 1 0 Islamists murder a civilian and dump his body in a ditch.
11/19/06 Iraq Hawi Jah 3 0 Jihadis kill three children with explosives.
11/19/06 India Cheke Natnussa 2 0 A forest employee and a civilian are murdered in their home by the Mujahideen.
11/19/06 Iraq Baghdad 45 0 Forty-five victims of sectarian hatred within the Religion of Peace are found bound and executed around the city.
11/19/06 Pakistan Razmak 1 0 Islamists murder a cleric and pin a note to his body.
11/19/06 Thailand Narathiwat 3 0 Islamists drive up to three men having tea and pound them with automatic weapons for 30 seconds.
11/18/06 Iraq Ishaqi 7 0 Seven Shia are murdered by Sunni extremists.
11/18/06 Iraq Baghdad 36 3 Thirty-six people are killed in at least three attacks by Muslim terrorists, including a man and his wife brutally gunned down.
11/17/06 Thailand Yala 1 0 An elderly Buddhist cattle-raiser is shot to death by Muslims, who then burn his body.
11/17/06 Thailand Yala 1 0 A Buddhist ice-cream seller is gunned down by Islamic terrorists.
11/17/06 Thailand Yala 1 0 Islamists shoot a man off of his motorcycle.
11/17/06 Thailand Pattani 1 0 A Buddhist security guard is murdered by Islamic extremists.
11/17/06 Iraq Kirkuk 3 1 A man and his baby daughter are among four people shot at by Islamic terrorists.
11/17/06 Thailand Pattani 1 0 A Buddhist villager is murdered by Muslim terrorists while shopping at a market.
11/17/06 Somalia Mogadishu 1 3 Islamists fire into a crowd of people protesting their ban on khat, killing a teenage boy.
11/17/06 Thailand Narathiwat 1 27 Twenty-seven people are injured when Islamists set off three bombs. A flower seller is killed.
11/17/06 Pakistan Lahore 1 7 A bomb on a passenger van kills one and injures seven.
11/17/06 Iraq Baghdad 20 0 Twenty people are killed in sectarian violence in at least three separate attacks.
11/16/06 Thailand Narathiwat 1 0 A Buddhist woman who worked as a schoolteacher is brutally shot to death by Muslim militants.
11/16/06 Iraq Baghdad 43 18 Thirty-five victims of sectarian hatred within the Religion of Peace are found. Six separate bombings leave another eight dead.
11/16/06 Iraq Baghdad 9 2 Sunni fundamentalists murder nine workers at a bakery.
11/16/06 Chad Koloy 1 3 Arab militias kill a "Doctors without Borders" volunteer.
11/16/06 Pakistan Bara 22 5 Twenty-two people are killed in sectarian violence between rival factions of the Religion of Peace.
11/15/06 Israel Sderot 1 2 A 57-year-old woman is killed in a Palestinian rocket attack on her neighborhood. A survivor loses both legs.
11/15/06 Iraq Baghdad 3 15 At least three people are killed when Islamic terrorists bomb a funeral.
11/15/06 Iraq Baghdad 12 33 Muslim bombers blow apart a dozen people waiting in line at a fuel station.
11/15/06 Iraq Mosul 6 0 Gunmen murder six people, including a woman, in separate Jihad attacks.
11/15/06 Iraq Latifiya 10 0 Ten bodies found are thought to be those of *****es abducted by Sunnis a few days earlier.
11/15/06 Sudan Deir Mazza 52 12 Dozens of civilians, including women and children, are killed in an attack by Arab militias backed by the Islamic Republic of Sudan.
11/15/06 Iraq Baghdad 55 0 Fifty-five victims, mostly of a sectarian kidnapping, are found bound, tortured and murdered.
11/15/06 Thailand Yala 1 0 Islamists shoot a man to death as he is taking his children to school.
11/14/06 Iraq Baqubah 10 0 Ten kidnap victims are found executed.
11/14/06 Iraq Baghdad 10 25 Sunnis car-bomb a market, killing at least ten innocents.
11/14/06 Iraq Mosul 11 0 Eleven people are murdered by sectarian rivals.
11/14/06 Iraq Baghdad 7 27 A woman and child are among the Shias killed in a car bombing near a mosque.
11/14/06 India Kashmir 0 40 Forty people are injured in two Hizb-ul Mujahideen car bombings.
11/14/06 Pakistan Thari Mirwah 2 0 A man uses an axe to murder his daughter and their boyfriend after learning of 'un-Islamic' behavior between them.
11/14/06 Iraq Basra 4 1 Four British soldiers patrolling a waterway in a boat are blown apart in a terror attack.
11/13/06 Pakistan Quetta 2 15 A 10-year-old girl is one of two people killed when a bicycle bomb goes off in a market.
11/13/06 Iraq Baghdad 20 18 A suicidal Sunni murders twenty passengers in a minibus with an incendiary device strapped to his body.
11/13/06 Thailand Yala 1 0 Muslim militants machine-gun a 53-year-old man to death as he is sitting in his pickup truck.
11/13/06 Thailand Narathiwat 1 0 A rubber tapper is murdered by Islamic extremists.
11/13/06 Iraq Yusufiya 5 0 Five people are brutally killed by Muslim terrorists, including at least one that was beheaded.
11/13/06 India Mehar 1 0 A civilian is abducted from his home and then beheaded by Muslim militants.
11/13/06 Iraq Baghdad 46 0 Forty-six victims of sectarian hatred within the Religion of Peace are found bound, tortured and executed.
11/13/06 Iraq Kirkuk 4 0 Four elementary school teachers are murdered in their vehicle by Islamic terrorists.
11/13/06 Iraq Baghdad 5 0 Five oil company employees are shot to death. One was a woman.
11/13/06 India Sofshali 1 0 The Mujahideen murder a man in his home.
11/12/06 Iraq Baghdad 25 0 Twenty-five victims of Islamic sectarian violence are found bound and executed.
11/12/06 Thailand Narathiwat 1 1 A man is murdered, and his wife critically injured, in an ambush by Muslim terrorists while shopping.
11/12/06 Iraq Baghdad 4 0 Sunni gunmen storm a gas station and kill four employees.
11/12/06 Iraq Baghdad 3 15 Three children are killed when Sunni terrorists car-bomb a school.
11/12/06 Iraq Baqubah 50 0 Fifty bodies are found dumped behind a power company building, victims of sectarian hatred within the Religion of Peace.
11/12/06 Thailand Narathiwat 1 1 A man is gunned down in a tea shop by Islamic terrorists.
11/12/06 Iraq Baghdad 35 58 Two suicide bombers massacre thirty-five innocent people waiting in front a police recruiting station.
11/12/06 Sudan Madu 6 0 Six people are killed by Islamic militias, including four children thought to have been burned alive.
11/11/06 Sudan Sirba 31 40 Arab militia fighters on horseback attack a refugee camp, killing over thirty displaced persons.
11/11/06 Thailand Yala 2 0 Islamists gun down two police officers and take their guns.
11/11/06 Iraq Baghdad 10 38 Eight people are killed when Sunnis car-bomb a shopping district. Two foreign journalists are killed in a separate attack.
11/11/06 Iraq Zaghinya 2 0 A Fedayeen suicide bomber blows two innocent people to bits, including a woman.
11/11/06 Iraq Baghdad 5 0 A woman is among five people kidnapped, tortured and murdered by Islamic terrorists.
11/11/06 Iraq Baghdad 10 0 Terrorists kill ten people on a bus and kidnap fifty more.
11/11/06 Iraq Tal Afar 6 10 A suicide bomber drives a car into an Iraqi police checkpoint, killing six officers.
11/11/06 Thailand Pattani 1 0 A 48-year-old farmer is murdered by Islamists as he is walking home.
11/11/06 Sudan Western Darfur 11 8 Sudanese government troops raid a village, killing eleven civilians, including a woman burned to death in her house.
11/10/06 Algeria T'Kout 1 0 Islamic fundamentalists behead a shepherd and place his head on a pole.
11/10/06 Iraq Tal Afar 5 17 Five people are killed by a Fedayeen suicide car-bomber.
11/10/06 India Pulwama 6 50 Six people, including four girls, are killed by the shrapnel of a grenade thrown by Muslim militants.
11/10/06 Iraq Mosul 1 0 A woman is kidnapped, tortured and executed by Islamic militants.
11/10/06 India Rawuchh 1 0 Two days after a Mujahideen ambush, a civilian is succumbs to injuries.
11/10/06 Pakistan Shakai 4 2 al-Qaeda backed militants four people, including a pro-government tribal leader, in a bombing attack on their vehicle.
11/10/06 Iraq Yusufiya 14 0 Fourteen people sleeping in their home are kidnapped by Muslim terrorists and murdered.
11/9/06 Iraq Baghdad 26 0 Twenty-six victims of sectarian hatred within the Religion of Peace are found murdered in the city.
11/9/06 Thailand Pattani 1 0 A groundskeeper is murdered by militant Muslim gunmen while cutting grass.
11/9/06 Iraq Latifiya 18 0 Eighteen victims of sectarian hatred within the Religion of Peace are found in the Sunni triangle outside the capital.
11/9/06 Iraq Tal Afar 4 8 Jihadis kill four Iraqis in a roadside attack.
11/9/06 Thailand Yala 0 13 Thirteen people are injured when Thai Islamists bomb eight car showrooms.
11/9/06 Thailand Pattani 1 0 A Buddhist civilian is gunned down by Muslim militants in front of a school.
11/9/06 Iraq Baghdad 18 93 Eighteen people are killed in five terrorist bombings.
11/9/06 Thailand Pattani 1 1 Two men are shot at by Islamists while helping to build a house. One dies of wounds suffered.
11/9/06 India Qazigund 1 0 A woman is murdered by the Mujahideen, who dump her body in a field.
11/9/06 Algeria Bouira 11 13 Eleven Algerian soldiers are ambushed and killed by the Salafist Group for Preaching and Combat.
11/9/06 India Thannamandi 1 1 The Mujahideen assassinate an off-duty soldier, and injure a neighbor coming to his rescue.
11/8/06 Iraq Mosul 6 0 Six people are gunned down by sectarian rivals.
11/8/06 Pakistan Dargai 42 20 A suicide bomber, wrapped in a prayer shawl, runs into the midst of Pakistani soldiers exercising in an area and slaughters dozens.
11/8/06 Iraq Baghdad 10 21 Sunnis send mortars into two *****e neighborhoods and a government building, killing ten people.
11/8/06 Iraq Mahmudiya 6 25 Islamic terrorists car-bomb a market, killing six innocents.
11/8/06 India Warpora 1 0 A 50-year-old woman is shot to death by the Mujahideen.
11/8/06 Iraq Muqdadiya 8 6 Jihadis kill four people with a marketplace car-bombing and gun down four members of a family in a separate attack.
11/8/06 Iraq Baghdad 8 24 Sunnis rain down bombs on a soccer field, killing eight youths playing a game.
11/8/06 Sudan Abu Jira 5 0 The Janjaweed massacre another five villagers.
11/8/06 Afghanistan Zabul 2 5 Two Afghan police are killed in an ambush by Taliban extremists.
11/7/06 Thailand Pattani 1 0 Muslims shoot a Buddhist civilian to death.
11/7/06 Thailand Yala 1 0 A Buddhist teacher is murdered by Islamists as he is riding his motorcycle.
11/7/06 Thailand Narathiwat 1 0 A 42-year-old man is gunned down by Muslim radicals.
11/7/06 Iraq Baghdad 21 25 A Fedayeen suicide bomber sends twenty-one innocent café patrons to Allah
11/7/06 Iraq Adhamiya 5 26 Five residents are killed when Islamic terrorists send mortar rounds into a neighborhood.
11/7/06 Iraq Suwayra 15 0 Fifteen people are murdered by their sectarian rivals and dumped in a river.
11/7/06 Thailand Pattani 2 0 A man and wife are gunned down by Islamic radicals.
11/7/06 India Sarmarg 1 0 A man is killed in his home by Islamic radicals.
11/7/06 Thailand Narathiwat 1 0 A 36-year-old janitor is murdered by Islamic gunmen as he is on his way to work.
11/7/06 Chad Koloy 6 8 Arab militias attack an African village, killing at least six innocents.
11/7/06 Iraq Baghdad 10 0 Ten victims of sectarian hatred within the Religion of Peace are found shot to death over a 24-hour period.
11/7/06 Iraq Fallujah 3 8 Students are among the casualties as Jihadis end the lives of three civilians with a bombing.
11/7/06 Thailand Pattani 1 0 A teacher is murdered by Islamic extremists as he is traveling home.
11/7/06 Iraq Mahmudiya 2 0 Islamic terrorists kill two people, one of who is beheaded.
11/7/06 Chechnya Tai 7 1 Islamic terrorists kill seven Russian policemen in a brutal ambush in a remote area.
11/6/06 Ingushetia Ordzhonikidze 1 0 A woman is shot to death in front of her son, in her home, by radical Muslims angry at her religious practices.
11/6/06 Chechnya Grozny 1 3 Jihad warriors kill a policeman with a landmine.
11/6/06 India Nalwa Nullah 1 0 The Mujahideen shoot a civilian to death as he is returning home.
11/5/06 Thailand Yala 2 0 A 61-year-old Buddhist man and his daughter are gunned down by militant Muslims.
11/5/06 Iraq Adamiya 2 4 Terrorists kill two people in a mortar attack on a residential neighborhood.
11/5/06 India Sunervani 1 3 An 8-year-old boy is blown apart in a Mujahideen bombing.
11/5/06 Thailand Yala 2 3 Thai Islamists bomb a military truck, killing two soldiers.
11/5/06 Thailand Pattani 1 0 A 56-year-old Buddhist man is shot to death by Muslim extremists.
11/5/06 India Manglogi 4 0 Three women and a man, all members of the same family, are slaughtered by Islamic militants angry that the family would not let their teenage daughter marry a terrorist.
11/5/06 Thailand Narathiwat 1 0 A 55-year-old villager is murdered by Islamic gunmen.
11/5/06 Thailand Pattani 1 0 Muslims kill a 44-year-old civilian.
11/4/06 Somalia Baidoa 2 4 Islamic militants attack a transport, killing two Somali troops.
11/4/06 Iraq Baghdad 4 5 Two separate attacks by sectarian rivals leave four people dead.
11/4/06 Thailand Songkhla 1 0 A Buddhist rubber trader is shot to death by Muslim radicals.
11/4/06 Iraq Mosul 5 0 Five people are murdered by Islamic terrorists in a series of shooting attacks.
11/4/06 Thailand Narathiwat 1 0 Islamic terrorists shoot a man to death at a fish shop.
11/4/06 Thailand Narathiwat 1 0 A 41-year-old man is gunned down by Islamists in front of his garage.
11/4/06 Iraq Baghdad 27 0 Twenty-seven victims of sectarian hatred within the Religion of Peace are found bound and executed.
11/4/06 Iraq Udhaim 5 2 A Sunni assassination attempt kills five presidential bodyguards with a roadside bomb.
11/4/06 Thailand Pattani 1 0 A government official is murdered by Islamists.
11/4/06 Pakistan Inzar 1 0 A pro-government tribal elder is killed by the Taliban.
11/4/06 Iraq Baghdad 4 2 In a brutal attack, Islamic gunmen approach a car and machine-gun four children sitting to death inside it.
11/4/06 Chad Bandikao 56 41 Arab militias massacre over fifty Africans in a sustained attack on their village.
11/4/06 Iraq Latifiya 2 3 Islamic gunmen murder a mother and her child.
11/3/06 Chechnya Grozny 1 3 The Mujahideen bomb a bridge, killing one person and injuring three others.
11/3/06 Iraq Baghdad 6 6 Three family members are among six people killed in two attacks by Muslim terrorists.
11/3/06 Iraq Baghdad 58 0 Fifty-seven bodies and a severed head are found in the capital, all victims of sectarian hatred within the Religion of Peace.
11/3/06 Iraq Madaen 4 0 Jihadis blow up four civilians traveling in a car.
11/3/06 Thailand Yala 1 0 Muslim gunmen murder a 25-year-old man at a school.
11/3/06 Thailand Yala 1 0 A Buddhist woman is shot to death by Muslim radicals at a health clinic.
11/3/06 Thailand Yala 1 1 A 43-year-old Buddhist man is gunned down by radical Muslims as he is traveling with his wife.
11/3/06 Afghanistan Khost 2 1 Two Pakistani truck drivers are shot to death by the Taliban.
11/3/06 India Anantnag 1 0 The Mujahideen kill a man at a wedding.
11/3/06 Pakistan Makeen 1 0 Islamic extremists behead a cleric and pin a note to the body.
11/3/06 Pakistan Quetta 2 5 A suicide bomber drives his truck into a police headquarters, killing two officers.
11/3/06 Philippines Mindanao 3 5 MILF terrorists open fire on a group of civilians, killing three.
11/2/06 Afghanistan Adraskan 6 3 Religious extremists murder six Afghan policemen in a highway attack.
11/2/06 Iraq Baghdad 7 45 Sunnis car-bomb a Shia marketplace, killing at least seven people and leaving dozens more in agony.
11/2/06 Iraq Baghdad 3 0 Sunni gunmen murder a university professor, his wife and son in a shooting attack.
11/2/06 Iraq Udhaim 7 0 Two separate Jihad attacks on fuel trucks leave seven innocents dead.
11/2/06 Iraq Mahmudiya 5 4 A car-bomb kills one man, and four others are found blindfolded and executed in a separate attack by Jihadis.
11/2/06 India Baramulla 1 0 A civilian is murdered by Islamists at a hospital.
11/2/06 India Drug Teng 1 0 The Mujahideen abduct a man from his home and hang him.
11/2/06 Algeria Tachebenk 8 0 Eight Algerian soldiers are massacred in an ambush by Islamic fundamentalists.
11/2/06 India Srinagar 1 2 A cop is gunned down by Jihadis.
11/1/06 Iraq Mosul 9 0 Islamic terrorists kill nine people, one of whom was burned.
11/1/06 Thailand Pattani 1 0 Muslim militants murder a postman.
11/1/06 Iraq Baghdad 35 0 Thirty-five victims of sectarian hatred within the Religion of Peace are found in several locations, tortured and executed.
11/1/06 Iraq Baghdad 12 24 Four Jihad bombings leave at least a dozen people dead.
11/1/06 Pakistan Bajaur 1 0 The Taliban abduct and murder a tribesman.
11/1/06 India Lancha 1 0 The Mujahideen kill a former member who renounced violence.
10/31/06 Iraq Baghdad 23 19 A suicidal Sunni bomber takes out two-dozen innocents at a Shia wedding. The dead included nine children.
10/31/06 Afghanistan Nuristan 3 1 Three NATO soldiers on patrol are killed in a roadside attack by religious extremists.
10/31/06 Afghanistan Ghazni 1 2 A policeman is killed by a suicide bomber.
10/31/06 Iraq Baghdad 4 13 Two Jihadi car bombings leave four dead.
10/31/06 Iraq Baqubah 10 3 *****e fundamentalists kill ten people, including two shop owners.
10/31/06 Iraq Suwayra 8 0 Eight victims of sectarian hatred within the Religion of Peace are found in two locations.
10/31/06 Pakistan Azad Kashmir 1 0 A Christian missionary is shot to death by Islamic radicals.
10/31/06 Chad Amtiman 128 0 One-hundred and twenty-eight black Africans are massacred by Arab extremists in a racial attack. Homes, warehouses and shops are set ablaze in the village.
10/30/06 Iraq Kirkuk 3 19 A Fedayeen suicide bomber blows himself up in a Kurdish police station, killing three people, including a 3-year-old girl.
10/30/06 Iraq Khalis 2 3 Two laborers are blown apart by a roadside bomb.
10/30/06 Iraq Baghdad 9 30 Two Jihad car bombings leave at least nine people dead, and thirty others in agony.
10/30/06 Iraq Baghdad 31 60 Sunnis bomb a market, killing over thirty innocents, including Shia laborers looking for work.
10/30/06 Thailand Yala 1 0 Islamists shoot a man in the head.
10/30/06 Algeria Raghaja 1 14 Islamic rebels kill one person in a bombing.
10/30/06 Iraq Mahmudiya 12 0 Six victims of sectarian violence are found here, and another six in Suwayra.
10/30/06 India Chadol 1 1 Two students are abducted by the Mujahideen. One is murdered in captivity.
10/30/06 Algeria Dergana 2 9 Islamic rebels kill two people in a second bombing coinciding with an earlier one.
10/29/06 Iraq Fallujah 5 0 Terrorists kidnap, torture and kill five people.
10/29/06 India Mahore 1 1 A woman is killed in a Mujahideen IED attack.
10/29/06 Philippines Zamboanga 1 0 A policeman is killed by Abu Sayyaf terrorists.
10/29/06 India Pulwama 1 0 A 24-year-old civilian is kidnapped and brutally murdered by the Mujahideen.
10/29/06 Iraq Baghdad 31 0 Thirty-one victims of sectarian hatred within the Religion of Peace are found murdered over a 24-hour period.
10/29/06 Iraq Basra 19 0 In a brutal ambush of a bus carrying cleaning workers and police recruits, Sunnis slaughter nineteen innocents.
10/29/06 Iraq Baghdad 2 0 Fundamentalists gun down a sports broadcaster, along with her driver.
10/29/06 Sudan Khabesh 22 0 Twenty-two African villagers are massacred by Arab militias.
10/29/06 Afghanistan Oruzgan 1 8 A Taliban bombing kills a NATO soldier and injures eight other people, including civilians.
10/29/06 Sudan Jabel Moun 92 0 Nearly one-hundred innocent people are massacred by an Arab militia backed by the Islamic government. At least thirty-three are children.
10/28/06 Pakistan Quetta 1 12 Taliban-backed militants detonate a bicycle bomb on a city street, killing a young boy.
10/28/06 Thailand Pattani 1 0 An off-duty officer is killed by militant Muslims.
10/28/06 Thailand Narathiwat 1 0 A 74-year-old Buddhist man is murdered by Islamists.
10/28/06 Iraq Baghdad 2 43 Two people are killed in separate bombing attacks.
10/28/06 Iraq Suwayra 5 0 Five people are kidnapped, executed and dumped in a river by sectarian rivals.
10/28/06 Iraq Kut 4 0 Islamic gunmen kill four members of a family in their home.
10/28/06 India Jamslan 1 1 A woman is blown apart by a terrorist grenade.
10/28/06 Iraq Iskandariya 5 20 Jihadis detonate a car bomb in a residential area, killing five people.
10/28/06 India Guwahati 1 12 Pakistani-backed militants kill a 14-year-old boy at a Hindu festival.
10/28/06 Thailand Pattani 1 0 A rubber plantation owner is murdered by Islamists.
10/28/06 India Sopore 1 32 Militant Muslims toss a grenade into a market, killing one person.
10/27/06 Thailand Pattani 1 0 Militant Muslims murder a military guard patrolling a market.
10/27/06 Afghanistan Uruzgan 14 3 Children and the elderly make up the bulk of civilians casualties, as religious extremists blow up a passenger bus.
10/27/06 Iraq Muradiya 4 5 Four people are machine-gunned to death when terrorists open up on a minibus.
10/27/06 Thailand Yala 3 0 A 4-year-old girl is gunned down by radical Muslims, along with her parents.
10/27/06 Iraq Baghdad 11 0 Eleven victims of sectarian hatred within the Religion of Peace are found murdered.
10/26/06 Thailand Narathiwat 1 5 A cleric is gunned down by terrorists, and four others are injured in a separate attack.
10/26/06 Iraq Baqubah 34 35 Two separate attacks by Jihadis leave thirty-four Iraqi policemen dead.
10/26/06 Iraq Mosul 8 0 At least eight people are found shot to death by Islamic terrorists over a two day period.
10/26/06 Philippines Zamboanga 1 0 Muslims gun down a Chinese trader.
10/26/06 India Tral 1 0 A civilian is abducted and executed by the Mujahideen.
10/25/06 Iraq Husayba 2 2 Two people are killed when Muslim militants bomb a marketplace.
10/25/06 India Anantnag 1 0 A man is dragged out of his house and executed by the Mujahideen.
10/25/06 India Kupwara 2 0 Two brothers succumb to injuries after being shot by militant Muslims.
10/25/06 Iraq Mahmudiya 4 0 Terrorists kidnap, bound and execute four people.
10/24/06 India Baramulla 1 0 A policeman is murdered by the Religion of Peace.
10/24/06 Thailand Yala 1 0 Muslims shoot a laborer four times, killing him.
10/24/06 Iraq Baghdad 1 7 Jihadis bomb an ice cream shop, killing an innocent person.
10/24/06 India Changoo Dooru 1 0 Terrorists assassinate a government official.
10/23/06 Philippines Zamboanga 2 0 Islamic militants suspected in a shooting attack that leaves a cop and a civilian dead.
10/23/06 Iraq Baghdad 21 35 Five separate Jihad attacks leave nearly two dozen people dead and another three dozen injured.
10/23/06 Thailand Pattani 1 0 Muslim radicals kill a civilian who is walking home.
10/23/06 Iraq Haqlaniyah 1 1 Terrorists kill a child and injure a woman.
10/23/06 India Tarzoo 1 1 A civilian is killed when the Mujahideen bomb a bus stop.
10/23/06 Mali Arouan 9 3 Islamic fundamentalists kill nine former Tuareg rebels.
10/22/06 Thailand Narathiwat 1 12 A column of Buddhist monks, on their way to receive alms for the poor, is bombed by Muslim militants.
10/22/06 Iraq Madaen 9 3 Nine people are killed in a Religion of Peace sectarian clash.
10/22/06 Iraq Amil 1 0 Religious fundamentalists murder a barber.
10/22/06 Iraq Yarmuk 2 0 Two street cleaners are murdered by Islamic terrorists.
10/22/06 Iraq Baghdad 5 6 Muslim terrorists bomb a street market, killing five innocents.
10/22/06 Iraq Baqubah 13 25 Thirteen police recruits are murdered by a Jihadi bombing and shooting attack on their bus.
10/22/06 Pakistan Bahawalpur 1 0 Radical Sunnis gun down a Shia cleric.
10/22/06 India Muzaffarnagar 1 12 A young Hindu is killed, and more than a dozen others injured, when Muslims object to a Diwali celebration.
10/22/06 Thailand Pattani 1 0 A man is murdered by Muslim militants while walking home.
10/22/06 Iraq Baghdad 50 0 Fifty victims of sectarian hatred within the Religion of Peace are found over a 24-hour period.
10/21/06 Afghanistan Ismailkhel 1 0 An Afghan official is killed in a remote-controlled Taliban bomb.
10/21/06 Thailand Pattani 1 1 A couple riding a motorcycle are shot by Muslim radicals. The man dies on the scene.
10/21/06 India Kishtwar 1 1 A young boy is killed by the Mujahideen in a mine attack.
10/21/06 Iraq Baqubah 1 0 A 14-year-old Christian boy is abducted and beheaded by Muslim extremists.
10/21/06 Philippines Barangay Banawag 1 0 Islamic militants are suspected in the murder of a farmer.
10/21/06 Iraq Baghdad 7 15 A religious extremist blows himself up in a minivan, killing at least seven others.
10/21/06 Iraq Mahmoudiyah 19 52 Jihadis massacre nineteen people at a crowded market with mortars and a bomb.
10/21/06 Thailand Narathiwat 1 0 A Buddhist man is slaughtered by Muslim extremists.
10/20/06 Thailand Narathiwat 2 0 Two men are gunned down in separate drive-by attacks by Muslim terrorists.
10/20/06 Thailand Narathiwat 1 0 A young woman is murdered by Islamic militants.
10/20/06 Thailand Narathiwat 1 0 Muslim radicals kill a 37-year-old man in his home.
10/20/06 Thailand Songkhla 4 13 Islamists detonate a bomb at a village teashop, killing four civilians. Two civilians lost both their legs.
10/20/06 Pakistan Jandola 1 0 A civilian is murdered by Islamic militants.
10/20/06 Pakistan Peshawar 7 41 Terrorists bomb a crowded shopping area, killing at least a half-dozen innocents.
10/20/06 Philippines Kabacan 1 2 Two Moro Islamic Liberation Front terrorists gun down a man in his bed.
10/20/06 Iraq Balad 9 0 Nine people are killed in Sunni-Shia violence.
10/20/06 Algeria Timezrit 1 0 A man is stabbed to death by Islamic fundamentalists at a phony roadblock.
10/20/06 India Lolab 1 0 A 7-year-old child is murdered by militant Muslims in a grenade attack.
10/20/06 Thailand Pattani 1 0 Muslims shoot a 46-year-old man off of his motorcycle.
10/19/06 Pakistan Shakai 2 3 Islamic militants ambush five Pakistani soldiers, killing two.
10/19/06 Iraq Mosul 21 26 A suicide bomber kills eleven innocents at a fueling station. Ten other people are killed elsewhere.
10/19/06 Iraq Baghdad 12 32 Various attacks by the Religion of Peace claim the lives of a dozen people.
10/19/06 Iraq Mahmudiya 7 3 Jihadis murder seven people in two attacks.
10/19/06 Afghanistan Lashkar Gah 3 9 Two children and a British soldier are blown apart by a Fedayeen suicide bomber.
10/19/06 Iraq Kirkuk 11 74 Separate Fedayeen suicide bombers send eleven innocents to Allah.
10/19/06 Iraq Khalis 4 4 In a heinous attack, gunmen murder four laborers.
10/19/06 Iraq Baghdad 4 8 Four Palestinians are killed when their Muslim 'brothers' fire rockets into their neighborhood.
10/19/06 Afghanistan Kunar 8 0 Eight Afghan employees at a NATO base are stopped in traffic and shot execution-style on their way home.
10/19/06 Afghanistan Khost 1 7 A suicide bomber kills one other person.
10/19/06 Iraq Khalis 10 20 Sectarian rivals kill ten innocents with a Ramadan bombing of a busy market.
10/19/06 India Budhal 1 0 Terrorists plant a bomb in a field, killing a 12-year-old boy.
10/18/06 Thailand Yala 1 4 Muslim militants open fire on a checkpoint, killing a Thai soldier.
10/18/06 Thailand Narathiwat 1 0 A civilian is shot in the head by Muslim extremists.
10/17/06 Iraq Haditha 4 0 Four people are kidnapped, tortured and killed by Muslim terrorists.
10/17/06 Thailand Yala 1 1 Militant Muslims gun down a guard at a bank.
10/17/06 Iraq Basra 5 0 Islamic radicals murder four university students and a female doctor.
10/17/06 Iraq Balad Ruz 5 1 Sunnis storm a house and murder a mother and her four sons.
10/17/06 India Lal Chowk 2 0 Two policemen are killed in a Mujahideen attack on a market.
10/17/06 India Batmaloo 1 0 A man is gunned down by Islamic militants.
10/17/06 Philippines Basilan 1 1 Abu Sayyaf militants ambush two off-duty soldiers on their way to a market.
10/17/06 Iraq Baghdad 19 0 Nineteen additional victims of sectarian hatred within the Religion of Peace are found.
10/17/06 Eritrea Adi-Quala 2 0 Two Christians are arrested and tortured to death for hosting a church meeting.
10/17/06 Afghanistan Spin Boldak 1 0 Taliban extremists destroy an oil tanker and kill the Pakistani driver.
10/16/06 Thailand Yala 2 0 A husband and wife rubber-tapping team are brutally gunned down by Islamic militants.
10/16/06 Iraq Balad 28 0 Twenty-eight more Sunnis are killed by Shias over a 48-hour period in revenge for an earlier massacre.
10/16/06 Afghanistan Kandahar 4 2 A Fedayeen suicide bomber kills four civilians.
10/16/06 Iraq Khalis 12 4 Four people standing at a bus stop are gunned down by Islamic terrorists. Eight others are killed in two separate attacks.
10/16/06 Iraq Baghdad 46 0 Forty-six victims of sectarian violence within the Religion of Peace are found tortured and executed over a 24-hour period.
10/16/06 Thailand Yala 2 0 Two men are murdered in separate attacks.
10/16/06 Iraq Suwayra 8 48 Eight civilians standing near a bank are cut down by a Jihad car bomb.
10/16/06 Iraq Baghdad 20 17 Twenty people at a *****e funeral are killed by two car bombs. The second was set to kill those rushing to help.
10/16/06 Thailand Raman 2 0 A village leader and colleague are shot to death by Muslim terrorists as they are returning from a shopping trip.
10/16/06 Thailand Narathiwat 2 0 A husband and wife are murdered by Muslim gunmen as they are traveling home from work.
10/16/06 Indonesia Sulawesi 1 0 A Christian priest is murdered by Muslim gunmen in front of his wife.
10/16/06 Thailand Pattani 1 0 A 55-year-old man is machine-gunned to death by Islamic radicals.
10/15/06 Thailand Chanae 1 1 A 30-year-old man is shot and killed by Islamists as he is riding a motorcycle.
10/15/06 Afghanistan Kandahar 1 2 A local official is assassinated by religious extremists.
10/15/06 Iraq Baghdad 4 6 Four civilians are killed in a Jihad car bombing.
10/15/06 Iraq Fallujah 4 0 Four people are kidnapped and tortured to death by Islamic terrorists.
10/15/06 India Srinagar 2 0 Jaish-e-Mohammed terrorists attack two policemen, killing one. The second officer succumbs to injury a week later.
10/15/06 Afghanistan Heart 2 1 Two people are killed when the Taliban explode a bomb along a city street.
10/15/06 Afghanistan Khost 3 1 Hundreds of Taliban extremists attack a police post, killing at least three officers.
10/15/06 Iraq Kirkuk 10 64 Three suicide bombings, including one by a man at a girl's high school, leave at least ten innocents dead.
10/15/06 Iraq Mosul 5 0 Five members of a family, including three women, are killed in their home by Muslim militants.
10/15/06 Algeria Ain Defla 8 0 Islamists from the Salafist Group for Preaching and Combat shoot eight security guards to death.
10/15/06 Thailand Joh I Rong 1 1 A 21-year-old man is killed by Islamic militants.
10/15/06 Iraq Balad 31 0 Thirty-one Sunnis are killed in retaliation for an earlier massacre against Shias.
10/15/06 Iraq Latifiya 8 0 Three women and two children are among eight Shias of a family killed when radical Sunnis invade their home.
10/14/06 Iraq Baghdad 25 0 Twenty-five victims of sectarian violence within the Religion of Peace are found tortured and executed.
10/14/06 Iraq Balad 15 0 Fifteen Sunnis are killed in revenge for an earlier massacre.
10/14/06 Ethiopia Beshasha 6 15 A mob of 300 Muslims attack a group of unarmed Christians worshipping at a church, murdering at least six of them.
10/14/06 Afghanistan Kandahar 2 2 Two Canadians are killed in a Taliban rocket attack on a road construction project.
10/14/06 Iraq Saifiya 10 0 Ten Shia family members are slaughtered in their home by Sunni radicals.
10/14/06 Thailand Narathiwat 1 0 A rubber tapper is murdered by Islamic radicals, who chop his face beyond recognition.
10/13/06 Iraq Duluiya 17 0 Seventeen *****e laborers are decapitated in an orchard by their Sunni brothers.
10/13/06 Thailand Narathiwat 1 0 Two Muslims walk into a noodle shop and murder a patron.
10/13/06 Thailand Narathiwat 1 0 A middle-aged Buddhist man is shot and killed by Muslim militants as he is walking home.
10/13/06 Iraq Suwayra 8 2 Six women and two children are slaughtered by Muslim gunmen in a field.
10/13/06 Thailand Pattani 1 0 A man is kidnapped and beheaded in front of his 13-year-old daughter by Islamic radicals.
10/13/06 Afghanistan Kandahar 9 5 Eight civilians are among nine killed by a Fedayeen suicide bomber.
10/13/06 Algeria Kabylie 1 0 The Salafist Group for Preaching and Combat guns down a man in a café.
10/13/06 Iraq Hilla 8 10 Eight people lose their lives to a Muslim bomber.
10/12/06 Iraq Baghdad 19 25 Eleven employees of a television station are brutally slaughtered, some in their sleep. Two other bombings kill another eight.
10/12/06 Iraq Baqubah 12 0 Twelve people are gunned down by Jihadis.
10/12/06 Thailand Narathiwat 1 0 Muslim radicals kill a 26-year-old Buddhist in his home.
10/12/06 Thailand Yala 1 0 A Buddhist factory worker is shot to death by Muslims.
10/12/06 Afghanistan Kabul 1 19 Two suicide attacks and an ambush at Uruzgan by the Taliban leave at least one person dead.
10/12/06 India Srinagar 3 8 Three policemen are killed in a brutal assault by Islamic terrorists in the heart of the city.
10/11/06 Iraq Baghdad 4 2 Islamic gunmen murder four members of a family in their home.
10/11/06 Philippines Patikul 2 8 Abu Sayyaf terrorists kill two government soldiers.
10/11/06 Iraq Kut 6 0 A peasant woman is among six people killed by Jihadis in separate attacks.
10/11/06 Thailand Pattani 1 0 A man is gunned down in a drive-by shooting by Islamists.
10/11/06 Iraq Baghdad 1 0 A Christian priest is abducted and decapitated by Muslim extremists. The head is not found with the body.
10/11/06 Pakistan Saobi 1 0 A doctor is killed by religious extremists.
10/11/06 Pakistan Mir Ali 1 0 An Afghan refugee is murdered by Islamic fundamentalists.
10/11/06 Iraq Baghdad 7 13 Two civilians are killed when Islamic terrorists trigger a car bomb along a city street. Five laborers are killed in a separate bombing.
10/10/06 Iraq Mosul 7 0 Seven bodies are found here, and four others in Tal Afar, showing signs of torture at the hands of religious militants.
10/10/06 Iraq Fallujah 4 0 Radical Sunnis kidnap and torture four civilians to death.
10/10/06 Australia Southport 1 1 A man stabs his daughter after she tells him she wants to convert to Christianity. His wife is killed while trying to defend her.
10/10/06 Philippines Makilala 6 29 A bomb blast at a festival by Islamic militants leaves six dead and twenty-nine wounded.
10/10/06 Afghanistan Khushmand 3 0 The Taliban execute three civilians.
10/10/06 Iraq Baqubah 12 0 A dozen people are gunned down by Muslim terrorists.
10/10/06 Philippines Tacurong City 2 8 Islamists set off a bomb in a crowded market at noon, killing two shoppers.
10/10/06 Iraq Baghdad 60 22 Sixty victims of sectarian hatred within the Religion of Peace are found over a 24 hour period. Twenty-two others are injured.
10/10/06 Afghanistan Kabul 0 11 Eleven people are injured when religious extremists place a bicycle bomb next to a bus stop.
10/10/06 Iraq Baghdad 10 4 Islamic fundamentalists bomb a bakery, killing ten innocents.
10/9/06 Iraq Baghdad 53 0 Police report finding fifty-three victims of sectarian violence within the Religion of Peace over the last 24 hours.
10/9/06 Iraq Baghdad 13 46 Islamic terrorists kill thirteen civilians rushing home for Ramadan in a heinous bomb attack.
10/9/06 Afghanistan Khogyani 3 2 Three men are murdered by Islamic extremists as they are traveling to investigate a school burning.
10/9/06 Iraq Tal Afar 1 11 A suicide bomber kills one other person.
10/9/06 India Bandipora 1 0 A man is kidnapped and brutally murdered by the Mujahideen.
10/9/06 Thailand Narathiwat 2 1 A married couple are murdered by Muslim extremists.
10/8/06 Iraq Haditha 5 0 Five civilians are gunned down by Jihadi gunmen.
10/8/06 Thailand Yala 1 0 Radical Muslims shoot a man four times in front of his house.
10/8/06 Thailand Narathiwat 1 0 A 65-year-old Buddhist is murdered by Muslims while walking home.
10/8/06 Iraq Baghdad 1 0 A 14-year-old boy is crucified by Islamic radicals in a heinous attack.
10/8/06 India Sopore 1 0 A dental surgeon is abducted and tortured for two hours before Islamic militants slit his throat.
10/8/06 Thailand Pattani 1 0 A rubber tapper is shot to death by Islamists.
10/8/06 Iraq Baqubah 10 0 Four civilians are murdered by Islamic radicals. Six bodies are found elsewhere.
10/7/06 Iraq Baghdad 51 0 Fifty-one people are killed in sectarian violence within the Religion of Peace across the city.
10/7/06 Thailand Pattani 1 0 Muslims murder a policeman as he travels to work.
10/7/06 Iraq Iskandariya 2 4 Two members of a family are killed in their sleep by a Jihad mortar attack on their home.
10/7/06 Iraq Sinjar 2 2 Two religious minorities are gunned down by Islamists.
10/7/06 Iraq Baghdad 7 0 Two innocent workers at a bakery are among seven people killed by religious extremists.
10/7/06 Iraq Tal Afar 14 13 A suicide truck bomber at a checkpoint blows fourteen other people to Allah.
10/7/06 Afghanistan Baghlan 2 0 Two German journalists, one of whom was a woman, are murdered in the countryside.
10/7/06 Iraq Baaj 3 0 Three innocent workers are gunned down by Sunni terrorists.
10/7/06 India Shalapora 1 0 An off-duty soldier is kidnapped by the Mujahideen, who behead him and scatter the body parts.
10/7/06 India Ramban 1 2 A Muslim tosses a grenade at a police patrol on a city street, killing one officer.
10/7/06 India Vesu Achhabal 1 0 A civilian is kidnapped and killed by the Mujahideen.
10/7/06 Pakistan Tank 1 0 A Shia tribal leader is murdered by te
Report Spam   Logged
Icarus

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2007, 01:51:18 am »

10/7/06 Pakistan Tank 1 0 A Shia tribal leader is murdered by terrorists.
10/7/06 Iraq Samarra 2 0 The 8-year-old son of a policeman is gunned down along with his father by terrorists.
10/7/06 Thailand Songkhla 2 0 A Buddhist man and his son are shot to death by Islamists.
10/6/06 Pakistan Kalay 14 8 Sunnis mortar a Shia gathering, killing fourteen people.
10/6/06 Iraq Mosul 1 0 Radical Sunnis gun down a mother walking with her 5-year-old son.
10/6/06 India Srinagar 1 6 A civilian is killed when a militant Muslim throws a grenade into a bus stop.
10/6/06 Pakistan Kalay 5 0 Five Sunni family members are killed in a retaliatory mortar strike by Shias for the earlier event.
10/6/06 Afghanistan Khost 1 3 A suicide bomber kills a policeman.
10/6/06 Iraq Baghdad 7 0 Seven people are kidnapped and brutally murdered by sectarian death squads.
10/6/06 USA Louisville, KY 4 1 In an 'honor' attack, a Muslim man rapes and beats his estranged wife, leaving her for dead, then savagely murders their four children.
10/5/06 Iraq Al-Samawa 4 0 'Holy Warriors' burst into a house and slaughter three woman and a 3-year-old girl, who has her throat slit.
10/5/06 Pakistan Kalaya 8 3 Eight more people are killed as Sunnis and Shias clash over ownership of a shrine.
10/5/06 Iraq Ukashat 5 0 Five people are kidnapped and tortured to death by Muslim terrorists.
10/5/06 Iraq Zaafaraniya 5 6 Islamic radicals open fire on a café, killing five innocents.
10/5/06 Iraq Baghdad 32 28 A car bombing adds two additional bodies to thirty more racked up the Religion of Peace in sectarian violence.
10/5/06 Algeria Bouira 8 0 Eight members of a security patrol are killed by Islamic fundamentalists.
10/4/06 Iraq Baghdad 16 87 Jihadis bomb a Christian district, killing sixteen innocents and injuring many dozens more.
10/4/06 India Lal Chowk 1 6 Muslim militants storm a building housing Hindu relics, killing at least one security guard.
10/4/06 Sudan Kalama 2 1 Arab militias attack a DP camp, killing two civilians.
10/4/06 Philippines Cotabato 1 0 A local official is gunned down by Muslim radicals while sitting in his car.
10/4/06 India Srinagar 8 30 Eight people are killed when Al Mansoorian militants stage a Fedayeen attack on a government building.
10/4/06 Iraq Mosul 2 0 Two Turkish truck drivers are brutally murdered by Sunni extremists.
10/4/06 Dagestan Maka-Kazmalyar 1 3 Muslim terrorists kill a policeman and wound three others on a highway.
10/3/06 Afghanistan Kandahar 2 5 Two Canadians on a road construction project are murdered by Taliban extremists.
10/3/06 Iraq Sadiyah 2 19 A Fedayeen suicide bomber targets a fish market, sending two people to Allah.
10/3/06 Iraq Baqubah 16 0 Seven members of the same family, including a father and three sons, are among sixteen murdered by Islamic terrorists.
10/3/06 Iraq Rashad 2 0 Two civilians are abducted and horribly tortured by Islamic terrorists, then killed.
10/3/06 Iraq Gatoun 4 0 Four members of a family are murdered by sectarian rivals.
10/3/06 Iraq Kut 2 0 Islamists behead one woman and burn another to death.
10/3/06 Pakistan Ali Khan Brohi 1 0 A woman is tortured to death by her husband and in-laws for opposing his plans to take a second wife.
10/2/06 Pakistan Latrey 2 7 Two people are killed in sectarian violence involving a religious shrine.
10/2/06 Iraq Baghdad 5 10 Two Jihad bombings net five dead bodies.
10/2/06 Thailand Songkhla 1 0 A village headsman is ambushed and killed while driving his truck.
10/2/06 Iraq Suwayra 11 0 Seven people are kidnapped and beheaded by Muslim extremists. Four others are killed in a separate attack.
10/2/06 Thailand Narathiwat 1 0 A woman is shot to death by Islamic radicals while on a shopping trip.
10/2/06 Pal. Auth. Rafah 2 15 A sectarian clash leaves two people dead.
10/2/06 Thailand Pattani 2 0 Two people are murdered by Islamic radicals in separate attacks.
10/2/06 Afghanistan Kabul 3 3 A religious extremist blows himself up, killing three people.
10/2/06 Iraq Ishaqi 3 0 Three men are gunned down by suspected Islamic fundamentalists.
10/1/06 Afghanistan Gereshk 2 2 The Taliban kill two policemen from the back of a motorcycle.
10/1/06 Afghanistan Musa Qala 5 0 Five civilians are killed in a Taliban landmine attack on their vehicle.
10/1/06 Iraq Suwayra 9 0 A schoolgirl is among nine people kidnapped and shot in the head and chest in two locations (Mahmudiya).
10/1/06 Iraq Fallujah 4 6 Four civilians are killed when Muslim terrorists detonate a bomb at a vegetable market.
10/1/06 Indonesia Poso 0 1 A Christian man is pulled off a bus and stabbed by a Muslim mob.
10/1/06 Pakistan Sibi 1 0 A 12-year-old boy is killed in a landmine blast.
10/1/06 Ethiopia Jimma 10 12 Ten people are killed, more than a dozen injured, and at least two churches burned down as Muslims attempt to ban a Christian ceremony.
10/1/06 Thailand Yala 1 1 Muslim militants gun down a police officer and injure his 4-year-old daughter.
10/1/06 India Gool 1 0 The body of a 60-year-old man, abducted and murdered by the Mujahideen, is found.
10/1/06 Iraq Baghdad 50 0 Fifty victims of sectarian hatred within the Religion of Peace are found by police over a 24-hour period.
9/30/06 Iraq Tal Afar 2 30 A suicide bomber murders two people.
9/30/06 Afghanistan Kabul 12 40 At least a dozen people are blown to bits by a Fedayeen suicide bomber.
9/30/06 Iraq Baqubah 8 0 A father and two sons are among eight brutally murdered by Islamic terrorists.
9/30/06 Pakistan Bahawlnagar 1 0 A Christian is killed by authorities who arrest and imprison him for 'blaspheming' Islam.
9/29/06 Algeria Ouled Boudekhane 2 0 Islamists murder two men outside a mosque.
9/29/06 Iraq Kirkuk 3 0 Two brothers are among three people murdered in their car by Islamic radicals.
9/29/06 India Dessa 1 0 A civilian is abducted and killed in captivity by the Mujahideen.
9/28/06 Thailand Sai Buri 1 0 A 35-year-old man is gunned down by Muslim militants in his pick-up truck.
9/28/06 Thailand Pattani 1 0 A man is shot in the head by Islamists after dropping his kids off at school.
9/28/06 India Diwar 1 0 A woman is killed inside her home by the Mujahideen two years after her husband was murdered in similar fashion.
9/28/06 Pakistan Khadi 1 0 An Afghan refugee is murdered by the Taliban.
9/28/06 India Kulgam 1 0 A civilian succumbs to injuries suffered from an earlier terror attack.
9/27/06 Iraq Baghdad 8 42 Two separate Jihad attacks leave at least eight dead and over forty injured.
9/27/06 India Maisuma 1 14 A Muslim terrorist lobs a grenade into a city street, killing a police officer.
9/27/06 Thailand Yala 1 1 Islamists shoot a civilian in an ambush that also injures his 6-year-old son.
9/27/06 Thailand Narathiwat 1 2 Muslim terrorists open fire on a grocery, killing one civilian.
9/27/06 India Srinagar 2 0 Two cops are gunned down by the Mujahideen in separate attacks.
9/27/06 Iraq Baghdad 16 25 A Fedayeen suicide bomber kills at least two other people. Fourteen other bodies are found elsewhere.
9/27/06 Iraq Baghdad 7 11 A woman gunned down on her way to work is among those killed in three attacks by radical Sunnis.
9/27/06 Thailand Yala 3 0 Muslim teens shoot three Buddhists to death as they are shopping at a grocery.
9/27/06 Thailand Pattani 1 0 A Buddhist is murdered by Muslim extremists as he is riding a bus.
9/26/06 Afghanistan Lashkar Gah 18 17 A Fedayeen suicide bomber blows himself to Allah, taking eighteen innocent souls with him, including Muslim pilgrims.
9/26/06 Afghanistan Kabul 2 9 Religious extremists kill an Afghan child and an Italian solider in a remote-controlled bomb attack.
9/26/06 Iraq Mahmudiya 12 0 Twelve victims of sectarian violence within the Religion of Peace are found bound, tortured and executed.
9/26/06 Iraq Baghdad 40 34 A series of bomb blasts and other Jihad attacks leave at least forty dead and dozens more in agony.
9/26/06 Iraq Baghdad 44 0 Thirty-five victims of sectarian violence are found within the city and nine more in a river downstream.
9/26/06 India Kashmir 2 15 Two police personnel are killed in separate Mujahideen attacks.
9/26/06 Iraq Baghdad 10 11 A shooting attack on a mosque by Islamic terrorists leaves ten people dead.
9/25/06 India Sanglan 1 0 A 23-year-old civilian is kidnapped and murdered by the Mujahideen.
9/25/06 Somalia Kismayo 1 2 A 13-year-old boy is gunned down by Islamists for taking part in a protest against their seizure of his city.
9/25/06 Afghanistan Kandahar 1 0 A woman's rights campaigner is shot to death by the Taliban.
9/25/06 Iraq Jurf al-Sakhar 5 10 Muslim radicals target a police station with mortar fire, killing five officers.
9/25/06 Iraq Baiji 10 0 The body of one of nine severed heads found two days earlier surfaces. An intact body is found elsewhere.
9/25/06 India Srinagar 1 6 A policewoman is killed when Muslim militants throw a grenade at her. A 9-year-old girl is among the injured.
9/25/06 India Marmat 1 0 A village leader is kidnapped by Muslim radicals and killed in captivity.
9/25/06 Russia Kislovodsk 1 0 The Jamaat terrorist group claims responsibility for the Ramadan shooting of an imam.
9/25/06 Thailand Yala 2 1 A heavily-armed band of Muslim militants assault a small town, killing two civilians, including a woman.
9/25/06 Thailand Narathiwat 1 0 A 45-year-old civilian is lured out of his home by Muslim radicals, then cut down with an assault-weapon.
9/25/06 India Jwari 2 0 A woman is among two people brutally slain by the Mujahideen in their village.
9/25/06 India Gundana 1 0 Islamic radicals kill a medical assistant inside his home.
9/24/06 Iraq Baghdad 6 18 Two Jihadi bombings kill six and injure at least eighteen.
9/24/06 Iraq Fallujah 12 0 Jihadis kidnap and torture to death ten people. A father and son are killed in their home.
9/24/06 Iraq Tal Afar 2 3 A suicide bomber rams a police checkpoint, killing two and wound three, including bystanders.
9/24/06 Iraq Baghdad 2 17 Radical Muslims place bombs outside a Christian cathedral, intending to kill worshippers. Two people, including a child, are killed.
9/24/06 Iraq Kirkuk 4 0 Four young men are murdered by militant Muslims
9/24/06 India Sopore 1 2 Muslim militants toss a grenade at a security patrol, killing one of the members.
9/24/06 India Surenda 1 0 An 18-year-old woman is murdered by the Hizb-ul-Mujahideen after she refuses to marry a member.
9/23/06 Iraq Baghdad 37 40 'Soldiers of the Prophet's Companions' stage a massive car bomb in a Shia neighborhood that kills over three-dozen innocents - mostly women and children.
9/23/06 Pakistan Dera Ghazi Khan 2 14 A 14-year-old boy is one of two people killed when radicals explode a bomb at a cattle market.
9/23/06 India Kangan 1 0 Islamic terrorists murder a civilian.
9/23/06 Bangladesh Dhaka 1 0 A university professor is gunned down in his home.
9/23/06 Iraq Baghdad 17 0 Radical Shias rampage through Sunni neighborhoods, leaving a trail of over a dozen bodies.

http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/index.html#Attacks
Report Spam   Logged
Icarus

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2007, 01:53:28 am »

Man attacked over wife's veil comment

LONDON (Reuters) - A man,whose wife made a passing comment about a Muslim woman's full face veil, suffered a broken nose and lost his front teeth after being attacked and headbutted by the woman's partner, police said on Sunday.

The victim, a 46-year-old white man, was walking through Regent's Park with his wife, son and daughter when they passed another family, a Muslim man and his wife who was pushing a baby in a pushchair.

"The victim's wife made a comment directed to her husband that she thought it must be difficult for the woman wearing the veil to see out of it as it covered her face," a police spokesman said.

"The suspect began shouting and returned approximately 10 minutes later on his own and repeatedly punched and headbutted the victim."

The man was taken to hospital, suffering from facial injuries including a broken nose and a black eye, but was discharged later in the day.

The police spokesman said the suspect was about 35-years-old and of Middle Eastern appearance and that they were treating the incident as a racially-motivated assault.

The attack occurred in mid-November but police were only alerted to the incident last week.
Last Updated: 24 December 2006

http://www.peterboroughtoday.co.uk/viewarticle.aspx?articleid=1944926§ionid=5054
Report Spam   Logged
Icarus

« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2007, 01:54:54 am »

'Leave, crusaders, or have your heads cut off'
By Aqeel Hussein in Mosul and Colin Freeman, Sunday Telegraph
Last Updated: 12:37am GMT 24/12/2006

The snow has already settled on the mountains further north, but the Christians of the Iraqi city of Mosul are scared to put festive decorations outside their homes this year. Their ancestors settled here in the 1st century AD, yet as teacher Jamal Fadi has discovered, some of their Muslim neighbours want this Christmas to be their last.

Death threat: This letter was delivered with two bullets

"A letter was delivered to my door with two bullets placed on top of it," said Mr Fadi, 32, standing watchfully in the neat garden of his two-storey villa. "It said: 'Leave, crusaders, or we will cut your heads off.' They want us to go from Mosul completely."

After months as a nervous bystander to the spiralling civil war between Sunni and Shia Muslims, Iraq's Christian minority now faces the spectre of sectarian violence coming to their traditional home city. They fear that al Qaeda-backed zealots within the Sunni community, which forms the bulk of Mosul's one million population, want to end nearly 1,500 years of co-existence with an onslaught of ethnic cleansing.

Residents say that the campaign, which they claim has intensified in recent weeks, is prompted by Sunni fears of a complete Shia takeover of Baghdad in coming years. In response, Mosul would be turned into a northern capital for a Sunni-dominated enclave, which would include Saddam Hussein's home town of Tikrit and stretch south to the anti-American towns of Fallujah and Ramadi.

The fact that no such blueprint has been endorsed by the Iraqi government is of little comfort to Christians. The plan's architects, they fear, are capable of enforcing it themselves through threats and indoctrination alone. For proof, they say, look no further than playgrounds, where Christian and Sunni Muslim children have played together for decades.

advertisement"Our children are told by other pupils that they are 'f***ing spies' who have brought the Christian occupation to Iraq," said Father Shamoun Butris, a Christian minister in Mosul. "It is not true, but makes no -difference."

Iraq's Christian community is made up of Eastern Rite Chaldean Catholics and Assyrian Orthodox Christians, and numbered around one million, or five per cent of the population, before the US-led invasion. Traditionally well-educated, they won respect in a Muslim land by specialising in teaching, academia and medicine, which earned them protected status under Saddam Hussein. Since his fall, those blessings have turned to curses. Their well-paid jobs have made them targets for kidnappers, while their grasp of English has fuelled suspicions that they work as translators for the US Army. In the past three years, 200,000 have fled abroad.

So far, save for a few brief but bloody car-bombings against Christian churches, they have at least escaped the mass pogroms of the kind being meted out to each other by Sunnis and Shias. Now, however, they sense the start of a systematic campaign. Anxiety has been fuelled by reports in Mosul of Christian women being told to stop wearing Western clothes.

Muslim leaders deny such claims. Yet the more hard-line clerics make clear that they no longer see Christians as part of Mosul's future. "We want an Islamic society, and the Christians should leave because they follow the occupiers' religion," said Saad al Jibouri, from the Sunni Al Rahma mosque. "We did not force them to leave, nor did we kill any of them."

With talk now growing of partitioning Iraq into federal states for Sunni, Shias and Kurds, some Iraqi Christians want their own, autonomous zone in an area west of Mosul. But the plan has little chance of success with the Iraqi government, and with about half of their number still resident 250 miles away in Baghdad, it has limited support among Christians themselves.

Despite feeling vulnerable, many Christians are reluctant to complain. Canon Andrew White, a British clergyman based in the Green Zone who administers to a 1,000-strong congregation at St George's Anglican Church in Baghdad, said: "Christians keep stressing to me that they do not want to over-emphasise what they are going through for fear of it escalating. But things are bad."

For some in Mosul, there is bewilderment at why the West – with its powerful Christian figures in George W Bush, Tony Blair and Pope Benedict XVI – cannot help. Among them is Firaz Adis, 51, who will pass this Christmas without his son Ricot, kidnapped from Mosul University four months ago. "I paid a ransom of $10,000 but they killed my son anyway," he sobbed. "They said 'This will keep happening as long as you are agents of the occupiers'. I ask all the Christians in the world: 'Please help us'."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2006/12/24/wchrist24.xml
Report Spam   Logged
Icarus

« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2007, 01:56:34 am »

Somalia: Islamists Call World Muslim Fighters to Wage Their Jihad War in Somalia

December 23, 2006
Posted to the web December 23, 2006

Aweys Osman Yusuf
Mogadishu

Officials of the Islamic Courts, who held a press conference in the capital Mogadishu, called on Muslim fighters around the world to come to Somalia and help the Islamist movement to fight with Ethiopian troops in the country.

Sheik Yusuf Mohammed Siad Indho-adde, the Islamic Courts defence chief said, "The country is open to all Muslim jihadists worldwide. We call them to come to Somalia and continue their holy war in Somalia. We welcome any one, who can remove the Ethiopian enemy, to enter our country," he said.

He stressed the fight was going on between Ethiopia and Islamic Courts.

The Ethiopian government has accused the Islamic Courts of links to al-Qaeda. Addis Ababa said the call for foreign fighters proved the militancy of Islamists in Somalia.

The Islamic Courts call for foreign Muslim fighters came as the bitter fighting between the Ethiopian backed government troops and Islamists entered the fifth day with both sides claiming victory.

Dozens were killed and hundreds more wounded in the fighting.

Latest reports

Relevant Links

East Africa
Religion
Somalia

Islamic Courts alleged they seized Tiyoglow in Bakol province, about 400 km (254 miles) south of the capital Mogadishu.

Sheik Ibrahim Shukri, Islamic Courts spokesperson, said they reached and occupied Tiyogloiw without resistance. "We were welcomed in the area and they have asked us to impose the Islamic law on Tiyoglow", he said.

Tiyoglow that was administered by neither the government nor Islamists is the first area in Bakol province seized by the Islamic movements.

http://allafrica.com/stories/200612230134.html
Report Spam   Logged
Icarus

« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2007, 01:58:17 am »

Police Conspire with Muslim Abductors in Kidnap of Christian Girl

A 17-year old Christian girl has disappeared from her family for a second time two months after she was abducted and held overnight by Muslim men, whilst local police blocked her return to her family.

On Tuesday 2 June a Christian girl (name withheld) disappeared in Egypt. Her family, who have endured a horrific ordeal since she was abducted in April are now completely devastated. The family were from a district of Cairo and their local police had not only refused to protect her on previous occasions but are also believed to have aided her abductors.

During her initial abduction she reports that she was sexually abused and drugged in order to manipulate her. A cross tattoo on her hand was forcibly removed. Her abductors tried to force her to convert to Islam, and one now claims to be her husband. Egyptian law specifically forbids the marriage of a girl under 21 without her parents' consent. It is also illegal to convert a Christian girl under the age of 18. Despite these facts, the local police have supported her abductors and intimidated her family, blocking their every effort to get her back.

The earlier abduction took place on Tuesday 6 April 2004. The Christian girl had left her house that afternoon with her savings pass book and some money. About 10 p.m. that night her parents reported her disappearance to the police. The family suspected a local Muslim man because their daughter had previously complained of harassment by him, and they mentioned this to the police. When brought in for questioning the suspect admitted to having her money, saying she had given it to him.

POLICE ABUSE

Throughout the ordeal, the local police were uncooperative with the family, if not abusive. On Wednesday 7 April a number of local Muslim leaders, including a local Member of Parliament, were seen at the police station showing their support for keeping the girl away from her family.

The police eventually told her parents they could collect her at 5 p.m., with no explanation of her current whereabouts. They returned but were not permitted to take their daughter home until midnight. During these seven hours they were intimidated and were not allowed to see their daughter, while the local Muslim leaders reportedly had access to her. The suspects were released in time to organise further abuse outside.

As the family finally drove home their car was struck apparently intentionally by another vehicle and they had to return to the police station. The police refused to document the incident, but the girl was kept in detention another night, ostensibly for her protection. In reality it appears, her captors wanted another opportunity to pressurise her into refusing to rejoin her family. The police made it difficult for them to reclaim her again the next day, 8 April.

The Christian girl has related how she had been influenced by the suspects for two years. For example, they threatened that her family would come to harm if she did not leave them. The suspects have never been charged. Late on 8 April the family took refuge in another location and on 14 April they had to leave Cairo altogether.

FORCED CONVERSIONS OF CHRISTIAN GIRLS IN EGYPT

This case shows an unbelievable disregard for the rights of children and the institution of the family. It also shows a complete disregard for law by some Egyptian police and the prejudice with which they treat minorities, particularly Christians. However, it is not an isolated case. This case highlights a very serious issue in Egypt. Unfortunately, the forced conversion of young Christian girls in Egypt is a recurring theme. Many methods are used, from intimidation and pressure to a quick underage marriage as the 'honourable' conclusion to a **** for which no one is charged.

Typically, almost as soon as she is away from her family and in the hands of a Muslim man, a Christian girl is treated as though she has officially converted and needs to be protected from her parents. An official conversion may not have been registered, since it is illegal to convert a child under 18, but she is kept from her family nevertheless. Christians who have gone to the police to report a missing girl or to receive information about her are then treated as criminals themselves. They are considered second-class citizens who would try to harm her or force her to reconvert to Christianity.

Under Egyptian law it is illegal to marry a girl under the age of 21 without her parents' consent. Yet marriage following a **** is seen to "legitimise" an underage marriage, no matter that the rapist and the groom are usually one and the same person. Police in Egypt would be very quick to prosecute a man who had abducted a Muslim girl under 18. Yet time and time again members of the Egyptian police have overlooked and sometimes even aided Muslim men in stealing Christian girls from their families and abusing them in the name of Islam.

http://www.strategicnetwork.org/index.php?loc=kb&view=v&id=14513&fto=660&frg=AS&

http://www.kidnappedchristiangirls.org/policeconspirewith.html
Report Spam   Logged
Icarus

« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2007, 01:59:59 am »

Brutal murder of Sukhanand Shetty
V SUNDARAM

The secular mafia of mass media in India under the deathly stranglehold of the UPA Government in New Delhi has completely blacked out the lethal crime relating to the cold blooded and brutal murder of 30 year old Sukhanand Shetty, BJP Taluk President, in the city of Mangalore on 1 December, 2006 by a criminal gang of 12 Muslims. Sukhanand Shetty was an up and coming Hindu leader noted for his outstanding qualities of leadership and radical views relating to the advancement of the sacred cause of Sanathana Dharma and Hindutva. He had led the Hindus of the area with fearlessness and courage against all criminal and anti-social elements in the community.
Sukhanand Shetty He was working as a Manager in a Marble dealer's office at Kulai, 12 kms away from Mangalore. On 1 December, 2006 at 9.15 am, as he was about to enter his office after getting down from his car, a group of Muslims came in a van and attacked him with sword and killed him on the spot savagely. His head and various vital parts of his body were cut into pieces with Jihadic fervour.
It is understood that Mangalore and its neighbourhood areas have been the scene of simmering Hindu Muslim tension for several months. More than a month ago when an idol of Goddess Durga was being taken for immersion at a place called Bajpe, some Muslims had prevented and obstructed the procession. It is reported that many Hindus were asking in anguish: 'Are we living in Pakistan? Are we living in Bangladesh?' At Vijayi College at Mulki, criminal and anti-social elements among the Muslim community misbehaved with Hindu women students which created a storm of public protests in the area. Sukhanand Shetty functioned fearlessly as a spokesman on behalf of the frightened and oppressed sections among the Hindu community. He led a procession of students and their parents as a mark of protest against organised atrocities against the Hindus in that area.

Shetty was thus a marked man as a Hindu leader. Terrorist elements among the Muslims had been planning to kill Sukhanand Shetty for the last two or three years. It is understood that Hindus in and around Mangalore area seem to be of the definite view that the UPA Government is committed only to the protection of Muslims and Christians and not to that of Hindus. Many of them seem to have the impression that if instead of Sukhanand Shetty, it had been a Rahamatullah or a William, the Union Home Minister and the Union Minorities Minister would have rushed to Mangalore on a fact finding mission. Criminal slaughter of Hindus in any part of India seems to be of no consequence to the Union Home Minister.

These are the known facts about the crime investigation done by the police. The special team constituted to investigate into the murder of BJP Leader Sukhanand Shetty has on 12 December, 2006, nabbed two prime accused involved in the offence. The arrested are identified as Abdul Rahman (27) Resident of Kalladka Golthamajalu village, Bantwal and Mohammed Shakir (26) of Mulki. While Abdul Rehman was arrested from Farangpet, Mohammed Shakir has been nabbed from Haleyangadi. It is understood that the accused Abdul Rahman is a known communal goonda of Kalladka and he is involved in as many as five communal cases in the past, of which two are cases of attempt to murder. In the instant case, he is found directly involved in the attack as he had accompanied the team that went in the stolen vehicle and attacked Sukhanand Shetty near his office on 1 December, 2006. The other accused Mohammed Shakir is found to be involved in the conspiracy to attack and kill Sukhanand Shetty. He has provided all assistance and actively aided and abetted the other accused in the commission of this offence. Another accused Abdul Kabeer was arrested on 14 December, 2006. Based on the information given by him, the police arrested Naushad, Nawaz and Nazeer on 15 December, 2006. Naushad and Nawaz directly participated in the savage attack on Sukhanand Shetty on 1 December, 2006. Out of a total number of 12 Muslim criminals involved in the murder, the Karnataka police have so far arrested nine Muslims. One of the criminals involved in the attack on Shetty was killed in an encounter. He is reported to be one Sudir Alexander who had embraced Islam, becoming a Latik. Two more criminals are in hiding.

What is most disturbing is that it has been reported that ISI agents from Pakistan are playing a key role in planning these organized attacks against the Hindu community in general and selected Hindu leaders in particular in the coastal area stretching from Calicut in Kerala to Karwar in Karnataka. It is also reported that there is large scale inflow of illicit money from Pakistan and other Muslim countries to the West Coast meant for deployment against the Hindu community by the ISI agents and other Muslim terrorists. It is understood that a special threat has been issued to Nagaraj Shetty? Karnataka Minister for Hindu Religious Endowments.

What is the general lesson which we Hindus have to learn from all this? It is simple and straight. The Islam-embracing, Christianity-coveting and Hindu-hating UPA Government in New Delhi is committed to the ideology of pseudo-secularism which is nothing but Negationism. This movement is led by Islamic Apologists and Marxist Academics, and followed by all the politicians, journalists and intellectuals who call themselves 'secularists'.

The American historian Will Durant summed it up like this: 'The Islamic conquest of India is probably the bloodiest story in history. It's a discouraging tale, for its evident moral is that civilization is a precious good, whose delicate complex of order and freedom, culture and peace, can at any moment be overthrown by barbarians invading from without or multiplying within.' The fears of Will Durant are getting confirmed in letter and spirit today.

The Muslim conquests, down to the 16th century, were for the Hindus a pure struggle of life and death. Entire cities were burnt down and the population massacred, with hundreds of thousands of Hindus killed in every campaign and similar numbers exported as slaves. Every new invader made (often literally) his hills of Hindu skulls. Thus the conquest of Afghanistan in the year 1000 was followed by the annihilation of the Hindu population. This region is called the 'Hindu Kush' ie 'Hindu Slaughter'. The Bahmani Sultans (1347 - 1480) in Central India made it a rule to kill 100,000 Hindus every year. In 1399, Timur killed 100,000 Hindu captives in a single day and many more on other occasions. The conquest of the Vijayanagar Empire after the battle of Talikota in 1565 left the capital plus large areas of Karnataka depopulated. According to Arjun Singh, Historical Record Destruction (HRD) for Human Resource Destruction (HRD) these facts accepted round the world do not exist. In his book 'Growth of Muslim Population in India' K S Lal has estimated that the Indian population decreased by 80 million between the year of conquest of Afghanistan in 1000 AD and the end of Delhi Sultanate in 1525.

What are the techniques of UPA-sponsored Negationism? They are:

i) Head-on denial. The crassest form of Negationism is obviously the simple denial of the facts. This is done in the form of general claims such as 'Islam is compassionate', 'Islam believes in brotherhood' and 'India is a land of multi-cultural harmony'.

ii) Ignoring the facts. We have an impotent Home Minister to deny the general facts and a Minister for Minorities to deny the specific facts. This subject is too well known for any further elaboration.

iii) Minimizing the facts. Apart from minimizing the 'absolute size' of Islamic crimes, there is the popular technique of 'relative minimizing': make the facts look smaller by comparing them with other carefully selected facts. Sometimes they will show their Himalayan fair-mindedness by saying that 'all religions are intolerant - which may sound plausible to many uninitiated minds though it is patently false.

iv) White washing. When one cannot conceal, deny or minimize the facts, one can still claim that on closer analysis, they are not as bad as they seem.

v) Playing up unrepresentative facts. For instance, if we talk about destruction of temples by the hundreds of thousands by Islam in India from 1000 AD to 1707 AD, the UPA politicians and their Marxist partners would talk about the sole event of destruction of Babri Masjid!

vi) Denying the motive. Negationists sometimes accept the fact, but disclaim their hero's responsibility for them. According to the UPA Government, ISI agents are terrorists who have killed many innocent Hindus in India, yet Musharaf of Pakistan is more compassionate than Gautama Buddha. Therefore peace talks will
continue!

vii) Smoke-screen. Another common tactic consists is blurring the problem by questioning the very terms of the debate: 'Islam does not exist, for there are many Islams, with big differences between countries', etc.

viii) Slogans. Finally all discussions can be sabotaged with the simple technique of shouting slogans like Prejudice, Myth, Racial Communalism and Saffronized
Fundamentalism.

To conclude, the real choice before the Hindus of India is between self-deception and the courage to face facts, between being a prisoner of your opponents' thought categories and developing your own analysis, between laziness and alertness.

(The writer is a retired IAS officer)

http://newstodaynet.com/2006sud/06dec/2312ss1.htm

Report Spam   Logged
Icarus

« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2007, 02:02:01 am »

Death penalty: Saudi court spares Keralite

Wednesday, December 20, 2006 (Alappuzha (Kerala)):

A Keralite, who was reportedly facing death sentence in Saudi Arabia, has been set free due to timely intervention of Indian authorities.

Jojo Joseph of Edathua in the district was on Monday ordered to be beheaded for entering the holy place of Medina despite a bar on non-Muslims.

According to Jojo's family members in Edathua, the Saudi authorities later took a lenient view of the case after they were convinced that he did not deliberately commit the mistake.

Jojo, employed in an electronic shop in Jeddah, ran into trouble while rushing in a cab to a hospital where his wife had given birth to a child. The taxi driver took a wrong route and strayed into the prohibited area, his family members said.

The Indian was then spotted by religious volunteers, who handed him to police.

Jojo's brother-in-law sought former Kerala Chief Minister Oommen Chandy's help in the matter. Chandy contacted the Overseas Indian Affairs Minister Vayalar Ravi and Minister of state for External Affairs E Ahmed.

The two ministers acted swiftly and secured the release of Jojo through the intervention of Indian embassy in Saudi Arabia. (PTI)

http://www.ndtv.com/morenews/showmorestory.asp?category=National&slug=Death+penalty%3A+Saudi+court+spares+Keralite&id=98204

Report Spam   Logged
Icarus

« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2007, 02:06:56 am »

Jihadist video shows boy beheading man By ABDUL SATTAR, Associated Press Writer

This photo taken from a video, Friday, April 20, 2007, shows a boy speaking shortly before hacking off a captive's head in Pakistan. A video circulating in Pakistan records the grisly death of Ghulam Nabi, a Pakistani militant
KILI FAQIRAN, Pakistan - The boy with the knife looks barely 12. In a high-pitched voice, he denounces the bound, blindfolded man before him as an American spy. Then he hacks off the captive's head to cries of "God is great!" and hoists it in triumph by the hair.

A video circulating in Pakistan records the grisly death of Ghulam Nabi, a Pakistani militant accused of betraying a top Taliban official who was killed in a December airstrike in Afghanistan.

An Associated Press reporter confirmed Nabi's identity by visiting his family in Kili Faqiran, their remote village in southwestern Pakistan.

The video, which was obtained by AP Television News in the border city of Peshawar on Tuesday, appears authentic and is unprecedented in jihadist propaganda because of the youth of the executioner.

Captions mention Mullah Dadullah, the Taliban's current top commander in southern Afghanistan, although he does not appear in the video. The soundtrack features songs praising Taliban supreme leader Mullah Omar and "Sheikh Osama" — an apparent reference to        Osama bin Laden, who is suspected of hiding along the Afghan-Pakistan border.

The footage shows Nabi making what is described as a confession, being blindfolded with a checkered scarf.

"He is an American spy. Those who do this kind of thing will get this kind of fate," says his baby-faced executioner, who is not identified.

A continuous 2 1/2-minute shot then shows the victim lying on his side on a patch of rubble-strewn ground. A man holds Nabi by his beard while the boy, wearing a camouflage military jacket and oversized white sneakers, cuts into the throat. Other men and boys call out "Allahu akbar!" — "God is great!" — as blood spurts from the wound.

The film, overlain with jihadi songs, then shows the boy hacking and slashing at the man's neck until the head is severed.

A Pashto-language voiceover in the video identifies Nabi and his home village of Kili Faqiran in Baluchistan province, which lies about two hours' drive from the Afghan border.

A reporter went to the village, and Nabi's distraught and angry father, Ghulam Sakhi, confirmed his son's identity from a still picture that AP made from the footage. He said neighbors had told him the video is available at the village bazaar, but he had no wish to see it.

Sakhi said his son had been a loyal Taliban member who fought in Afghanistan and sheltered the hard-line Afghan group's leaders in the family's mud-walled compound.

He blames the Taliban and wants to avenge his son's death.

"The Taliban are not mujahedeen. They are not fighting for the cause of Islam," the 70-year-old said. "If I got my hands on them I would kill them and even tear their flesh with my own teeth."

Qari Yousaf Ahmadi, who claims to speak for the Taliban, told AP he had no information about Nabi or the video. None of the group's commanders he contacted could confirm the execution, he said.

The method of Nabi's death was not unusual for Pakistan's lawless tribal regions. Suspected informers are regularly found beheaded and dumped along the side of the road in the lawless, mountainous regions along the Afghan-Pakistani border where al-Qaida and Taliban militants find sanctuary.

But such al-Qaida-style killings are rarely featured in the Taliban's increasingly frequent propaganda videos. The use of a child to conduct the beheading stands out even among those filmed by militants in        Iraq.

"This is outright barbarism," Iqbal Haider, secretary-general of the independent Human Rights Commission of Pakistan, said after viewing the video. "Whosoever has committed this, whether they are Taliban or anybody else or any Afghan or al-Qaida or anybody, they are enemy No. 1 of the Muslims."

The video accuses Nabi of responsibility for a U.S. airstrike that killed Mullah Akhtar Mohammad Osmani, who was regarded as one of the top three associates of Omar, the Taliban supreme leader. He was hit while traveling by car in Afghanistan's Helmand province Dec. 19.

Osmani was the highest-ranking Taliban leader to die since the U.S.-led invasion of Afghanistan that ousted the hard-line regime in late 2001 for refusing to hand over bin Laden following the Sept. 11 terror attack on the United States.

The U.S. military said at the time that Osmani's death was a serious blow to militant operations, and        NATO commanders said this week that a feared spring offensive had yet to materialize.

Sakhi, a retired mosque preacher with a long gray beard, spoke unashamedly of his son's Taliban affiliation and wept twice during an interview in his simple home at the foot of a mountain valley in Baluchistan province.

He said Nabi fought against the anti-Taliban Northern Alliance that helped U.S. forces to victory in Afghanistan.

After returning to Pakistan, Nabi ran a religious school in the Baluchistan capital of Quetta and had regularly sheltered both Osmani and Dadullah at the family compound, the father said.

He said Nabi also bought weapons for Taliban fighters and organized medical treatment for those injured during fighting in Afghanistan.

Some days after Osmani's death, Nabi went to Peshawar and then to Wana, a tribal town considered a militant stronghold, to collect money from Taliban officials to buy guns and food for militants in Afghanistan, Sakhi said.

He said his son called at the end of January to reveal that a tribal council had sentenced him to death on charges of tipping off U.S. forces about Osmani's movements, despite his denials.

His son passed the phone to Dadullah, but the militant leader ignored his pleas for clemency, Sakhi said.

"I talked to him and said you visited us and my son was a close friend so why are you going to hang him? He just said, 'How are you?', and switched off the phone," Sakhi said.

"They are the enemies of Islam," he said of the Taliban. "They are behaving like savages."

Sam Zarifi, Asia research director for Human Rights Watch, said the use of a child to commit such an act constituted a war crime and was a "new low" in the conflict in Afghanistan.

He noted the Taliban had teenage combatants but they were not recruited on a large scale because of the availability of adult fighters. He said he had seen children in the background of some jihadist videos but none in which they were directly involved in violence.

"I don't know why they would do this," Zarifi said. "The Taliban have to some extent tried to play to the public in Afghanistan and have not engaged in the complete sowing of mayhem that we have seen in Iraq. But this kind of act is really egregious. It's off the charts."

Report Spam   Logged
Icarus

« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2007, 02:09:29 am »

http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/

As Muslims complain about extra scrutiny at airports, these children of 9/11 will never know their fathers.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: