Atlantis Online
March 28, 2024, 02:41:06 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Secrets of ocean birth laid bare 
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/5191384.stm#graphic

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Legend of the Crystal Skulls

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Legend of the Crystal Skulls  (Read 2297 times)
In the Mouth of Madness
Superhero Member

« Reply #30 on: April 26, 2008, 08:55:00 pm »

Honestly, I would have only a little bit of trouble accepting that idea.

Yet, the truth is often stranger then the fiction at times. I know of a few things that I still have trouble swallowing in regaurds to paranormal things. When you think about what we know about the crystal skulls, whats the first thing that you feel the strongest about them?

Explore that feeling and then research everything that has to do with it.

One of the things that I have always felt the strongest on this subject was that they are "keys"......

Nice find!

Actually, I link the crystal skulls directly back to the Edgar Cayce readings concerning Atlantis and such.  Cystals did clearly play a big role in his descriptions of Atlantis. He mentions the Yucatan, which was a Mayan stronghold at one point. Clearly, both the Mayans and the cystals had something to do with Atlantis. These most likely have something to do with the crystals Cayce was writing about.
Report Spam   Logged
HereForNow
Superhero Member

HUH?

« Reply #31 on: April 28, 2008, 06:03:33 am »

Which now gets into the discussion about Thoth, Enoch and Metatron, in whom all might just be the same character.

Wink
Report Spam   Logged

In the Mouth of Madness
Superhero Member

« Reply #32 on: May 02, 2008, 12:20:35 am »

Enoch and Metatron supposedly are, though I have never seen the logic of that. Enoch was an ancestor of Noah and was taken on a trip of heaven.  What in his actions warranted becoming Metatron, most powerful of all the angels?  I always looked upon Enoch as a bit self-righteous and smug, he probably made the last part up.  Wink

As for Thoth, no question he was an Atlantean, perhaps part of the original Atlantean settlement that founded Egypt.
Report Spam   Logged
HereForNow
Superhero Member

HUH?

« Reply #33 on: May 02, 2008, 09:37:01 am »

Now that is a very interesting point of veiw. Enoch becoming Metatron does seem a bit self-rightous doesn't it?

However, it might not have been Enoch saying that he became Metatron. The perseption of our ancestors is different then the way we perceive things.
Report Spam   Logged

In the Mouth of Madness
Superhero Member

« Reply #34 on: May 04, 2008, 11:48:23 pm »

Well, sure, and yet, if you read the Book of Enoch, it is pretty much told from his point of view, to the point of even describing his tour of the seven heavens.  If he didn't write it, I can't imagine who did!
Report Spam   Logged
HereForNow
Superhero Member

HUH?

« Reply #35 on: May 05, 2008, 05:25:12 am »

Well, sure, and yet, if you read the Book of Enoch, it is pretty much told from his point of view, to the point of even describing his tour of the seven heavens.  If he didn't write it, I can't imagine who did!
Well the chain of events in (past pretence) Enoch's passage lead up to Enoch becoming an Angel. This means that the book of Enoch is written by the hand of an Angel if he wrote it.

Wink
Report Spam   Logged

HereForNow
Superhero Member

HUH?

« Reply #36 on: May 05, 2008, 05:26:33 am »

What's the alternative?
Report Spam   Logged

HereForNow
Superhero Member

HUH?

« Reply #37 on: May 05, 2008, 12:52:45 pm »

Back on Topic:

Many skeptics feel that the crystal skulls are probably of a much more recent vintage than their accompanying stories suggest. This, they believe, is the best way to explain their existence, since no one could have created them without technologies available only within the past century. Since carbon-dating only works on organic substances, it is impossible to determine just how old a crystal skull is. But one recent study found reasonable signs of some skulls' relative youth.

A May broadcast of the BBC documentary series "Everyman" reported on studies of a number of crystal skulls and other artifacts of supposedly ancient origin conducted at the British Museum. Using electron microscopes, the researchers found that two of the skulls possessed straight, perfectly-spaced surface markings, indicating the use of a modern polishing wheel. Genuine ancient objects would show haphazard tiny scratches from the hand-polishing process. The report speculated that these skulls were actually made in Germany within the past 150 years.

Even the regal Mitchell-Hedges skull is not without scandalous accusations of fraud. Some believe that F.A. Mitchell-Hedges had the piece commissioned by a sculptor, and planted it in the Lubaantun ruins for his daughter to find as a spectacular birthday present.

The validity of this charge is uncertain, but even if the Mitchell-Hedges skull is of modern origin, its structure is no less extraordinary. In all likelihood, every crystal skull in the world was fashioned by plain old human beings of some sort, and regardless of whether the work was carried out five years ago or five hundred years ago, we still don't have any idea how they did it.

Report Spam   Logged

In the Mouth of Madness
Superhero Member

« Reply #38 on: May 12, 2008, 03:00:28 am »

Well the chain of events in (past pretence) Enoch's passage lead up to Enoch becoming an Angel. This means that the book of Enoch is written by the hand of an Angel if he wrote it.

Wink

Hmm, not too sure about that, I always got the feeling it was written by one of his adoring relatives as opposed to an angel.   Smiley

Can you imagine the Archangel Michael, or Raphael or Uriel writing this story about how much more deserved this old guy was than they were to be lord of all the angels?   Huh
Report Spam   Logged
In the Mouth of Madness
Superhero Member

« Reply #39 on: May 12, 2008, 03:02:19 am »

What's the alternative?

Son of Enoch as scribe?

Remember, history is written by the victors!  Often, it is more propaganda as opposed to truth!
Report Spam   Logged
In the Mouth of Madness
Superhero Member

« Reply #40 on: May 12, 2008, 03:03:11 am »

NBC News anchor Lester Holt hosts Mystery of the Crystal Skulls, which premieres May 18 at 9 p.m. ET/PT. The investigative special looks at the mythology about and search for the legendary crystal skulls: 13 quartz sculptures discovered amid ruins of Mayan and Aztec societies. Legends say that the skulls may unleash untold energy should they be brought together. The special, timed to the release of the feature film Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, is produced by NBC's Peacock Productions, in association with SCI FI.

SCI FI will exclusively air all three previous Indiana Jones movies on May 18, leading into the premiere of Mystery of the Crystal Skulls.
Report Spam   Logged
HereForNow
Superhero Member

HUH?

« Reply #41 on: May 16, 2008, 06:00:02 pm »

Well atleast we'll have a look at what the science behind the program will have to present.
 Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

DDDnD3D

« Reply #42 on: May 17, 2008, 08:34:46 am »

* * * I dont understand what the fuss is all about? and what is so difficult about carving crystal ? ? ? and why is it being presented as something so unusual and improbable? Is it because its made of Crystal? and its a "Skull" and you can see thru it? So one subconsciously and automatically associates this with the Fortune Tellers Crystal Ball. . . the Occult. . . Voodoo. . . Aliens. . Atlanteans. . . Mayans. . . Cults and Ancient Mysteries. . . etc. . . and now associated with the Temple of Doom and Raiders of the Lost Ark and the Hollywood sensationalist sh!t continues ? ? ?       *c*r*y*s*t*a*l               
Report Spam   Logged
DDDnD3D

« Reply #43 on: May 17, 2008, 11:36:22 am »

* * * The simple stylized style appears to be the work of a Sculptor associated with a very controversial Movement in the early 20th century in Europe called "THE FUTURISTS". They were responsible for creating a new philosophy in art and publishing "THE FUTURISTS MANIFESTO". They were young radical revolutionary artists way ahead of their time struggling to express themselves creatively and politically in a war torn Europe. Sadly many of them died on the front lines; most of them still in their twenties. I loved those guys, they were my idols. In my opinion they had produced some of the Greatest Sculptures of the 20th Century. And Id tend to believe that The Legend of the Crystal Skulls was quite likely the manifestation of the brilliant FUTURISTS mind. I can clearly imagine one of these Sculptors acquiring some large chucks of crystal and getting the Crazy Idea to carve life size Skulls and plant them in appropriate locations around the world? This is the Way They Thought!       *crystalst*rsystyms*   2**8
Report Spam   Logged
In the Mouth of Madness
Superhero Member

« Reply #44 on: May 18, 2008, 03:55:13 am »

* * * I dont understand what the fuss is all about? and what is so difficult about carving crystal ? ? ? and why is it being presented as something so unusual and improbable? Is it because its made of Crystal? and its a "Skull" and you can see thru it? So one subconsciously and automatically associates this with the Fortune Tellers Crystal Ball. . . the Occult. . . Voodoo. . . Aliens. . Atlanteans. . . Mayans. . . Cults and Ancient Mysteries. . . etc. . . and now associated with the Temple of Doom and Raiders of the Lost Ark and the Hollywood sensationalist sh!t continues ? ? ?       *c*r*y*s*t*a*l               

Well, they are impressive because they could possibly be the work of a Pre-Columbian culture, advanced in different ways than our own. And because there are no carve marks on them! They could be of more recent origin, but the Mitchell Hedges skull stands up to scrutiny very well.

I am aware it is fashionable these dates to date things more conservatively, which is why we have always been in such a struggle with the old foggie archaeologists about when the Americas were actually settled, and by whom.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: