Atlantis Online
November 19, 2019, 02:16:54 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Towering Ancient Tsunami Devastated the Mediterranean
http://www.livescience.com/environment/061130_ancient_tsunami.html

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Herein lie the "Lost" Boreas Files by Rockessence

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Herein lie the "Lost" Boreas Files by Rockessence  (Read 7711 times)
Janna Britton

« Reply #60 on: November 16, 2008, 03:09:59 am »

via mars
Member posted 03-15-2004 18:02
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
but you're not sarah are you? anyway, interesting points you have made here and there.
on to other things ... our backyard sure has had some wild things going on in mid-ancient times. heck, the jury's still out on dinos, indians, and other "non-european" viewpoints pertaining to north america. i wonder what the australian aborigines have to say about this part of the map. (it has been a flat world until recently)
see, that's the thing that has me perpetually wondering ... white creatures from the north (us), and these fellows from across the orb. they know a lot of ****. ancient stuff - and they're way cool about nature. stars? heck, they know a lot about them too. but, without a telescope. go figure.
anyway, just a few things to ponder.

IP: 138.88.28.233

Boreas
Member posted 03-15-2004 19:17
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sadie;
Do you have some more info (reference) to the habitat of Tierra del Fuego?
The old Norse sailors used to call it "Ildlandet" (The Land of Fire)- as it may still be called in Scandinavia.
Do You say that the indigenius Chileans are proven to be of Tibetan/Chineese origin?!
Please elaborate!

IP: 195.159.181.140

tarkin22180
Member posted 03-16-2004 09:08
I'm speculating, but it is possible that when the Northern Icecap was at the Hudson Bay location (circa 12,000 years ago), the artic ocean was probably the source of the "warm stream" of water mentioned in the Bock Saga. There would be no Bering Strait (sea levels a lot lower), making the artic ocean a closed body of water. Like the Gulf of Mexico, this would make it quite warm. And there is a deep path between Greenland and Spitzbergen for the current to flow.
LOL, it is called the Boreas Plain according the map I looked at.

Though how it could get the Gulf of Finland I do not know. The stream would warm the coast of Norway; therefore, all of Scandinavia would be warmed.

Relative to the Hudson Bay pole, Finland would go from 60 latitude to 40 latitude. This is where Spain and Greece are today, quite mild. The mountains of Norway would offer a barrier to the cold north winds. Another plus for a mild Finland climate.

Gee, sounds a bit like Plato's description of Atlantis eh? Ah, but the Trans-Antarctic mountains would do the same! My support of Atlantis in Antarctica is viable!

John

IP: 128.231.88.4

Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: