Atlantis Online
March 28, 2024, 04:28:54 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Scientists to drill beneath oceans
http://atlantisonline.smfforfree2.com/index.php/topic,8063.0.html

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Herein lie the "Lost" Boreas Files by Rockessence

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Herein lie the "Lost" Boreas Files by Rockessence  (Read 17626 times)
Janna Britton

« Reply #60 on: November 16, 2008, 03:07:47 am »

Faravid
New Member posted 03-11-2004 14:20
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi Boreas,
I would like to just comment to some things you have mentioned. I agree with you that some of the commonly thought "Swedish" names on the Finnish coast are older than the invasions by the Christian Swedes or Danes. For example the paganic name Odensö is good example, but there are many more. On the western coast (a little north-west of the city Turku) we can also find even today "Aasaland" (Aasamaa). Could they be names given by the pagan Vikings? Perhaps, as (not only in the Sweden but also) in the Finland exists old tales which even name the actual Viking settlers on the Finnish coast. We of course must not think that this denys the option that some Finns already spoke the Swedish or "Root" language. For example some Nordic tales claim that some of the Viking dynasties originated from the Finland. In addition the Finland's Swedish is not pronounced like Swedish, but instead similarly like in the Gotland. This was surprise to me, as I didn't believe it until I saw one document about people of the Gotland. Now it's interesting as the historians tell us that the Swedish speaking population arrived from the Sweden, not from the Gotland. (Could there be a connection between the Go(a)tland and the many "bock" named place names at the southern coast of Finland?).
About the Rig. As you are probably aware it's commonly believed that the Rig is actually the same mythological person as the Heimdaller (a Viking god taking part in the Ragnarök). Again quoting the before mentioned Kristfrid Ganander it's interesting to note what he tells us about the Heimdaller:

"Heimdaller, priest of wisdom in Finland at the manor house of the Island [Saari]."

(Kristfrid sees here connection between the word "Saari" and the names "Czaar", "Caesar", "Aesar" etc.)

I personally haven't heard from anywhere else that the Viking god Heimdaller would have been actually a real living person in Finland. But it's not at all surprising to me hear so because relatively lately I have found many bits of information (from a very different sources) telling about connections between mythological Viking gods and the ancient Finnish royals. This all has not - yet - been approved by any Finnish historians as they still, for some odd reason, 'officially' consider Finns as some kind of unorganized barbarians surrounded by civilized Vikings and Russians...

IP: 195.165.1.8

Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: