Atlantis Online
April 18, 2024, 05:55:57 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: DID A COMET CAUSE A FIRESTORM THAT DEVESTATED NORTH AMERICA 12,900 YEARS AGO?
http://atlantisonline.smfforfree2.com/index.php/topic,1963.0.html

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Herein lie the "Lost" Boreas Files by Rockessence

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 12   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Herein lie the "Lost" Boreas Files by Rockessence  (Read 18157 times)
Janna Britton

« Reply #45 on: November 16, 2008, 03:01:00 am »

Faravid
New Member posted 02-24-2004 15:01
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi all,
I personally find the "Alt-land-is"-theory very fascinating and think that the sound-analyzing of the Bock saga gives here quite interesting result.
The Bock saga's idea is different to many other theories and maybe not so "cool" as some other visions about the Atlantis. I however regard the Bock saga's idea of it very clever, which definetly doesn't mean that I regard all other information about Atlantis as a false information. After all, the Bock's saga is only a family saga of one family.

I think that the birth of the white race according to the Bock saga is a logical idea. Also it's easy to understand why Nordic people would worship return of the sun after every winter if one thinks about Bock saga's vision about the arrival of the ice-age.

The time-frame of the saga's Alt-land-is sounds to me like a rounded number (50 million years). I'm also aware that currently scientists think that there were several (four) ice-ages, not just one during the last ca 100 000 years.

Acid wrote:
"One HUGE mistake in the Bock Saga is the fact that there is no such place as UUDENMAA in Finland."

What kind of mistake is that? Bock saga (to my knownledge) doesn't say that in the modern Finland exists a place called Uudenmaa... Saga simply says that there used to be a place called Uudenmaa. And think about this: at the coast of the Uusimaa there exists an island called "Odensö" ("Oden's island" in Swedish). Doesn't it someway point to the connection between Uusimaa and Oden? Kristfrid Ganander also mentions the island in his book "Mythologia Fennica".

And Boreas: it's "Finnish", not "Finish"...

[This message has been edited by Faravid (edited 02-24-2004).]

IP: 195.165.1.7

Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 12   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: